• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Rebirth VI - MI Regional / Dexter, MI / 11/21/15

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

Smash 4 Singles - 138 Entrants
1. Pulse|Zinoto :4diddy: - $550
2. Katakiri :4metaknight: - $275
3. Rayquaza07 :rosalina::4sheik: - $210
4. EveR | Yoshi Kirishima :4palutena: - $135
5. Ksev :4fox: - $70
5. TekNo :4rob::4sheik: - $70
7. Nom :4sheik: - $35
7. Oblivion :4ness::4falcon::4lucas: - $35
Rebirth VI - Top 32
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Pulse | Zinoto
2nd
Katakiri
3rd
Rayquaza07
4th
EveR | Yoshi Kirishima
5th
TekNo
5th
Ksev
7th
Oblivion
7th
Nom
9th
Zidico
9th
Viev
9th
Pulse | TECHnology
9th
Pulse | LOE1
13th
Crazycolorz5
13th
Absol
13th
gameliking
13th
Nero
17th
Smasher1001
17th
Komota
17th
BugCatcherWill
17th
RIP | Adorable Knight
17th
FS Chris
17th
H-Man
17th
Karinole
17th
Pulse | Stewy
25th
KC
25th
Pulse | iceman
25th
FS | SETHsational
25th
WTTD
25th
Fatyblob
25th
Eternal Blue
25th
Serge
25th
cheesecake

Smash 4 Doubles - 49 Teams
1. Pulse | LOE1 + Pulse | Stewy :4luigi:/:4sonic:
2. Pulse | Zinoto + Ksev :4diddy:/:4fox:
3. Rayquaza07 + Oblivion :rosalina:/:4ness:
4. Smasher1001 + Kipdog :4mario::4megaman:/:4pikachu::4villager:
5. Nom + Pulse | TECHnology :4yoshi:/:4metaknight:
5. Swanky + Chris :4diddy:/:4yoshi:
7. Katakiri + Absol :4dk:/:4sheik:
7. Warhound + Muhawk :4zss:/:4gaw:
9. Shadow / Adorable Knight :4mario:/:4luigi:
9. Xatic / WTP :4falcon:/:4mario:
9. TekNo / 5FoG | King Beef :4rob::4sheik:/:4fox:
9. H-man / ilikeweewe :4mario::4samus:/:4ness:

Michigan Smash 4 Collegiate - 8 Teams
1. Oakland Community College [ LOE1 / TECHnology / Nom / Zyth / Kenta ]
2. Univeristy of Michigan Dearborn [ Ksev / Stewy / Nero / MattyIce / Serge ]

Amiibo Death Match - 15 Entrants
1. Meteos (Spicer) :4mario: - $10
2. Prosalina (Eternal Blue) :rosalina: - $5
3. DunBan (Dkdudeman) :4shulk:
3. Red's Pikachu (Snow Black) :4pikachu:

Last edited:

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I finally made it out and into top 32. Beat notable players and actually played well. I think I can finally say I'm not a no-name anymore. Also Prosalina got 2nd! Yay! Can't wait for the next one.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
First time in a top 8 Regional (TekNo). It was a very fun and exciting experience up on the grand stage with my friends cheering me on. Great games and great tournament MI look forward to the next MI and OH clash. Definitely learned a lot that will help me continue to improve thanks to some of you kicking my ***.

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Wow, I was genuinely surprised at top 8 this time around! I honestly didn't expect Nom, Oblivion, or even Yoshi Kirishima to place this high. And Katakiri defeating Rayquaza twice in one tournament!? Crazy. How coincidental since ESAM was defeated by DJ Jack twice on the same day. Only that I was more astounded at the former.

I... I don't know what to say about myself. Even if my brother tries to cheer me up after being prematurely knocked out of pools to enter bracket, this was too poor for myself to accept with a solid expression. My losses made me feel like a very weak player at first, but I eventually felt better. However, I'll never forget this tournament for these moments. Glad to see everyone had their own fun, regardless of my experience.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I... I don't know what to say about myself. Even if my brother tries to cheer me up after being prematurely knocked out of pools to enter bracket, this was too poor for myself to accept with a solid expression. My losses made me feel like a very weak player at first, but I eventually felt better. However, I'll never forget this tournament for these moments. Glad to see everyone had their own fun, regardless of my experience.
You can only grow as a player once you taste defeat. I hope you keep training up to be a better player young Sparky!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Wow, I was genuinely surprised at top 8 this time around! I honestly didn't expect Nom, Oblivion, or even Yoshi Kirishima to place this high. And Katakiri defeating Rayquaza twice in one tournament!? Crazy. How coincidental since ESAM was defeated by DJ Jack twice on the same day. Only that I was more astounded at the former.

ur good
ur still young so maybe u are not used to it yet... but like ori said the better you take your losses the better you'll get at rebounding and improving even faster. every loss is good!
And sorry if you don't like being called young... but my 14 year old self was not able to imagine the difference that could happen in 6 years in terms of maturation, if that's encouraging at all
Just keep at it and don't feel bad XP ur friggin 14 haha

cheesecakesquared

Smash Rookie
I came into this event with the expectation of hanging out with my friends, playing a little smash, learning as much as I could and getting bodied. I somehow ended up making it out of pools and getting the top 32. GGs to all I played. I hope I can continue to improve so I can one day be a solid rep for the frog. If Yoshi can do well with his favorite, I can too. Looking forward to the next one :).

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
ur good
ur still young so maybe u are not used to it yet... but like ori said the better you take your losses the better you'll get at rebounding and improving even faster. every loss is good!
And sorry if you don't like being called young... but my 14 year old self was not able to imagine the difference that could happen in 6 years in terms of maturation, if that's encouraging at all
Just keep at it and don't feel bad XP ur friggin 14 haha
Dude, I'm 15 since last Sunday. And I do not mind being called young. Heck, I don't feel any older, quite frankly. XD

I feel like some people overrate my skill a bit too much, but that's just me. When I play at my best, I can kind of see their point, but regardless. I expected to earn top 12 at Rebirth VI, but maybe I've been focusing too hard on my placings. Then a lot more MI players are taking these tournaments real seriously, which I usually don't. That caught me a bit off guard, since I don't want to take the game completely serious, which I must do more often if I yield for success. And well, bottom line, if many other players had a point in their tournament careers where they constantly slipped up, then I won't feel as bad as I recently am.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Dude, I'm 15 since last Sunday. And I do not mind being called young. Heck, I don't feel any older, quite frankly. XD

I feel like some people overrate my skill a bit too much, but that's just me. When I play at my best, I can kind of see their point, but regardless. I expected to earn top 12 at Rebirth VI, but maybe I've been focusing too hard on my placings. Then a lot more MI players are taking these tournaments real seriously, which I usually don't. That caught me a bit off guard, since I don't want to take the game completely serious, which I must do more often if I yield for success. And well, bottom line, if many other players had a point in their tournament careers where they constantly slipped up, then I won't feel as bad as I recently am.
Well for sure learning is trial and error... that means that placements especially will not be reflective of your progress. I think if you remember that and are confident in your belief, you can avoid feeling bad. And as crazy as rebirth 6 was i think we can all agree that player MUs are very important. Oblivion, Ksev, Nom, etc are all still way better than me but i happened to get favorable matches and place higher.

Also you took a game off Ally... and you can go toe to toe with players like Ksev. At the least you have a ton of potential.

As for the fun/serious part, I guess it's about a mix. You obviously wanna get far enough to play enough matches (and try to get on stream), but you also want to have fun and show off what you want to show off.

Also agree about the older part... I wish I could still be my 13-14 year old self and feel good beating older people, haha.

I came into this event with the expectation of hanging out with my friends, playing a little smash, learning as much as I could and getting bodied. I somehow ended up making it out of pools and getting the top 32. GGs to all I played. I hope I can continue to improve so I can one day be a solid rep for the frog. If Yoshi can do well with his favorite, I can too. Looking forward to the next one :).
I'm happy if I'm able to inspire. People keep underrating you. GJ beating Ori... again lol!

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Well for sure learning is trial and error... that means that placements especially will not be reflective of your progress. I think if you remember that and are confident in your belief, you can avoid feeling bad. And as crazy as rebirth 6 was i think we can all agree that player MUs are very important. Oblivion, Ksev, Nom, etc are all still way better than me but i happened to get favorable matches and place higher.

Also you took a game off Ally... and you can go toe to toe with players like Ksev. At the least you have a ton of potential.

As for the fun/serious part, I guess it's about a mix. You obviously wanna get far enough to play enough matches (and try to get on stream), but you also want to have fun and show off what you want to show off.

Also agree about the older part... I wish I could still be my 13-14 year old self and feel good beating older people, haha.
Ah, I see... I'll constantly remind myself these beliefs and continue training as well. I clearly see the potential people see in me if you mention my set with Ally in the past, especially my improvements since then. Besides, people love seeing youngsters defeat opponents 10 or more years older... Even though I honestly don't get it. I mean, heck, LOE1, Rayquaza, and a few more MI players defeated him, but I got all the fame, instead. lol^_^' Many thanks for the advice!

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Tekno went ham. Lessgo neoh.
haha thanks man. I'm looking forward to our rematch (I'm TekNo) Idk why I was playing so ass by the end of that last youngstown Trials. Next time we meet it should be a good one :D.

Top Bottom