• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rebirth III Results Thread - Livonia, MI (4/18/15)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Thanks to everyone that came out to the event! We didn't break 100 entrants #WeekendBeforeFinals but we still had a great showing with 77 entrants for Singles and 28 teams for Doubles.

Smash 4 Singles - 77 Entrants
1. Rayquaza - :rosalina::4sheik: - $215
2. LouRich - :4sonic: - $105
3. Nom - :4alph: - $80
4. Smasher1001 - :4mario: - $55
5. Pulse|Stewy - :4sonic: - $25
5. PzO - :4diddy: - $25
7. Ksev - :4fox: - $15
7. Sparky - :4luigi::4kirby: - $15

Rebirth III Singles (Top 32)
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Rayquaza 1-1
$80.00
2nd
LouRich 5-1
$32.00
3rd
Nom 7-1
$22.40
4th
Smasher1001 8-1
$14.40
5th
Pulse|Stewy 2-1
$5.60
5th
PzO 11-1
$5.60
7th
Ksev 3-1
7th
Sparky 14-1
9th
Raichu4U 1-2
9th
FS | Public Embarassment 12-1
9th
Zyth 16-1
9th
SETHsational 4-1
13th
ZTD TECHnology 9-2
13th
Pulse|Ori 10-1
13th
Regralht 6-1
13th
Slam SHADY 11-2
17th
exJORDANary 15-1
17th
LoF Xatic 13-2
17th
GS Wiidude 5-2
17th
JTSM 2-2
17th
Amiiboking 13-1
17th
ChiroM 3-2
17th
Waves 7-2
17th
Waddle 10-2
25th
Tesla Coil 16-2
25th
The Law 15-2
25th
XxThaVoicexX 14-2
25th
Razz 12-2
25th
Zlii 4-2
25th
Runes 8-2
25th
Iceman 6-2
25th
Nebula 9-1

Smash 4 Doubles - 28 Teams - Bracket
1. Rayquaza07 + Ksev - :4sheik::4fox: - $170
2. Nom + Hyper Crasher - :4alph::4luigi: - $90
3. Pulse|Ori + LouRich - :4sheik::4sonic: - $30
4. PzO + XxThaVoicexX - :4diddy::4falcon:
5. Pulse|Stewy + LoF Xatic - :4sonic::4falcon:
5. Smasher1001 + ZTD|TECHnology - :4mario::4metaknight:
7. Razz + Ramzy - :4megaman::4luigi:
7. FS | $w@gnamite + Dux - :4luigi::4yoshi:

9. FS | Public Embarrassment + FS | Crippling Anxiety
9. Amiiboking + Fw. Wavez
9. Raichu4U + Waddle
9. Zyth + Ron
13. GS|Wiidude83 + GS|Dkdudeman
13. F$ | dickballs + F$ | ballsdick
13. Nebula + Runes
13. Nibble + Koopa TDT
17. FS | Ludi + Chuk
17. Regrahlt + noVI|Kenta
17. WuvS + JTSM
17. deakin + mattjaguar
17. aSmAsHiNgGoOdTiMe + Gatsby
17. Badger + Stroheim
17. durr. + Zlii
17. Young Man + Shabba
25. King Kong + Sexy Mexi
25.King Kai + The Legendary Biddle
25. Mr_Fredrick_No + Forest
25. Outfoxd + Croatian Sensation

Amiibo Death Match - 4 Entrants

1. Killager (Raichu4U) - $4
2. MacSlayer (Nebula)
3. TPSM (LoF Xatic)
3. Brawler97 (WiiDude)

Last edited:

zyth

Smash Lord
Shout outs to free entry
and my last tourny before I leave to work for Cedar Point for the summer

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
Well I made my goal getting out of pools, so I'm pretty happy about that. All these weeks and Playhem have REALLY shown now. I'm excited to head to more tournaments. anyway, shout out time.
First of shout out to my sponsor and the sponsor of the even, Gamer Saloon. I've met them at their office and they are really awesome guys! I love them supporting the scene and if you guys can go to their site, it would be appreciated. Also, tell them WiiDude83 sent you!
Ori- For an awesome tournament and being such an awesome TO!
Nom and Hyper Crasher- Really good doubles match! especially game 1. Congrats on making it to 2nd!
Outfoxd- For giving me a ride there and back and be as hilarious as always
King Kong and Sexy Mexi - 2 new players that seemed like they had a lot of fun coming. Hope you guys come out more!
DkDudeman- Being an awesome doubles partner...but man...me SDing twice and getting caught under halberd cost us our last game for sure :(
Waddle and Richu4U for getting me and Iceman a ride for food and for doing the interview with me.
Smasher1001, Nibble, and Dkdudeman (Again) - For our great mario rotation we had going. That was fun!
Iceman - for being great company as usual.
PZo- Whent down to last stock on both games, but I knew I would have trouble fighting you. GG's man, let's play again some time...but maybe not in bracket right now XD
Razz- Very close game in bracket, GG's man.
Zyth - Going to game 3 again. GG, but just so you know, you're next on my hit list. Look out!
Swanky- for some diddy practice before pools, it was fun man.

Overall, very good tournament, I felt like I learned alot, especially my item game got ALOT better during this. Now up to Canada next weekend. See you guys later!

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
Oh yeah, and shout outs to amiibo! Seriously, rewatching on twitch, i can't breathe because of laughing. People, bring them to make this even bigger next time!

JTsm

Smash Master
Fun tourney, but it gets way too stuffy and hot in the venue.

Also top 2 pools is dumb.

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Possibly taking a break from tournaments for a moment. Thanks for all the fun, though!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Possibly taking a break from tournaments for a moment. Thanks for all the fun, though!
The next MI event on this side of the state is the doubles PPW on 4/30. There aren't going to be any East MI events until May 2nd (SPAU4)

Croatian Sensation

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to say that I had a ton of fun at this tournament, even though I am still fairly new. Everybody I played was very friendly, respectful, and gave excellent advice. Thanks for the great event, and I hope to continue to be a part of this awesome community as often as possible!

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
:213: VIDEO THREAD :213:

Notes: There are a few things I'd like to say about this tourney and why things were slow/bad.

1) Because of the FGC being there alongside us, there were a higher amount of frame drops than normal. My bitrate is already fair, so if I went lower, the quality would suffer.
2) The laptop was acting awkward and using my CPU power than normal, so I kept messing with the compression throughout the day. Towards the end my laptop got it's act together.
3) Back to point one, because of the FGC, I couldn't upload and stream at the same time. Also, I wanted the videos up yesterday, but I had a chance to see my biological dad for the first time in 20 years, so I took that chance instead of working on videos (and I got pretty drunk, so that night I was like -.o). But hey, they're up now!
4) As always, on the winner's side of Challonge, you NEED TO DELAY THE ROUND BY 1. Round 1 does not mean Winners R1 because you haven't won yet. It's so illogical yet so many people confuse this and think I'm wrong. Stop that. Loser's side starts correctly, however.

Playlist, yo~

Doubles!

Round 1:

Nom/Hyper Crasher vs WiiDude/DKDudeman

Winners R1:

WuvS/JTsm vs Pulse|Ori/LouRich - Best set of the tourney. No Kappas, it is.

Winners R2:

Nom/Hyper Crasher vs Smasher1001/Tech_Chase

Winners Semis:

Ksev/Rayquaza vs Smasher1001/Tech_Chase
Stewy/Xatic vs Pulse|Ori_bro/LouRich

Winners Finals:

Ksev/Rayquaza vs Pulse|Ori_bro/LouRich

Losers R5:

Nom/Hyper Crasher vs Razz/Ramzy

Losers R6:

Xatic/Stewy vs Nom/Hyper Crasher
PzO/XxThaVoicexX vs Smasher1001/Tech_Chase

Losers Semis:

Nom/Hyper Crasher vs PzO/XxThaVoicexX

Losers Finals:

Nom/Hyper Crasher vs Pulse|Ori_bro/LouRich

Grand Finals:

Nom/Hyper Crasher vs Ksev/Rayquaza

Singles!

Round 1:

Xatic vs LouRich
Stewy vs Tesla Coil

Winners R1:

Sparky vs Ksev
PzO vs Pulse|Ori_bro

Winners R2:

LouRich vs SETHsational
Smasher1001 vs Rayquaza - Probably a recommended set to watch

Winners Semis:

PzO vs Nom
Smasher1001 vs LouRich

Winners Finals:

Nom vs LouRich - Close set. I think it's a good watch.

Losers Semis:

Smasher1001 vs Rayquaza

Losers Finals:

Rayquaza vs Nom

Grand Finals:

LouRich vs Rayquaza (Set 1)(Set 2)

Amiibo Deathmatches!

Brawler97 (TL) vs Macslayer (Link)
Killager (...) vs TPsm (MegaMan)
Killager vs Macslayer - Grand Finals!

Shououts:

Kyle (JTsm) for all the new equipment for the stream! Helping me live the dream!
Kyle, Stewy,and Scott for the endless drinks throughout the day. I always need my liquids.
Holly, Kyle, and Scott for packing my stuff up while I was sick immediately after the tourney ._.
Little Ceasars for making me gag. That's what I needed.
Ori for hiring me. Always appreciated.
GamerSaloon for showing their support. I'm available for that sponsorship c;
Kyle for teaming with me and making that tourney much better than what it originally was going to.
Sugar for trying to kill me.
FGC for that internet cockblock.
Everyone that entered my raffle! I do very much appreciate your support! Hopefully SPAU4 and Aquafire will bring more support as well c:

Last edited:

JTsm

Smash Master
4) As always, on the winner's side of Challonge, you NEED TO DELAY THE ROUND BY 1. Round 1 does not mean Winners R1 because you haven't won yet. It's so illogical yet so many people confuse this and think I'm wrong. Stop that. Loser's side starts correctly, however.
yee :213:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
The next MI event on this side of the state is the doubles PPW on 4/30. There aren't going to be any East MI events until May 2nd (SPAU4)
OK, so I'm not missing much. Also, what does SPAU4 stand for? Never heard of that series of tournaments.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Watching my match with Ksev... sooo cringe-worthy, The worst of my mentality is that if Fox grabs me, I'd still be fine. Guess I need to study Fox overall.

Last edited:

stewyian

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!!!
Ori - good event, glad to see you got an assistant TO
Ksev - closest set we've had, I look forward to playing you more in the future
Tesla Coil - glad to see you come out to an event again, I liked you pit / dark pit!
Zyth - I'm convinced you can be the gatekeeper once more now that your on DK.
Wuvs - <3, hype to see you, awesome stream, see you at SPAU
Xatic - thx for teams, next time I wont suck
Lou Rich - gooooood stuff, I swear if me and you combined our playstyles we wouldnt lose to anyone seems like we struggle with different people lol
JTSM -fmf bowser man ****
PZO - soo much fun commentating with you lol
Swanky - good set, glad to see you still on diddy, hes amazing still
Smasher / Nom - fun sets, ill get ya next time
anyone else i missed, ggs

Last edited:

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:
Lou Rich: Lukesux:denzel:, good games in dubs though, was a fun weekend.
Nom: Nice job on doing so much work to get into winners finals. I'm proud of you. Just gotta carry the backpack even more:denzel:
Smasher1001: Nice job on beating Ray's Sheik, now just beat his :rosalina:
Stewy: You should enter singles more, your :4sonic: does work.
PzO: *** man *** your way to 5th.
Sparky: You are now part of the :4luigi:against :rosalina:group consisting of mostly Loe1, me, and a few others.
Raichu4U: You did work for the carpool, making up for my dumb singles performance.
Ori: **** you and your dumb seeding, knowing my luck I'm gonna show up for rebirth 3 and get put in the same pool as Iceman again.
Waddle: Nice job making it out of pools and beating me on the jank stage that is regular pac land.
Nebula: I will try and figure out a use for the apple rush, and we will probably do the :4pacman:mirror a lot once I'm up at state.
Iceman: I should've known I was in for jank once I realized I was in your pool. STARSCREAM!!
Regralht: You just had to go and make the situation worse by beating Iceman, but in all seriousness your :4yoshi: is pretty good, I definitely underestimated it, keep at him and you will see growth.
GGs to everyone I played and despite the jank, I had fun, decently good tourney.

Raichu4u

Smash Rookie
NNID
Raichu4u
Shoutouts:

Waddle: People have talked some major **** about you in the past about how I could be getting a better doubles partner, but I just love playing with you in general. We had some hype sets this entire weekend in general, and we still will not get anything lower than 9th. Your :4fox:is starting to easily become a threat.
Iceman: Good stuff on preventing :4luigi:from entering bracket! I didn't get to see you play on Saturday, but from what it sounded like, you did some good pools work.

Hyper Crasher: Thanks for the gas money.

Wiidude: Nice to see you again, and thanks so much for the interview!

Runes: It was nice to have you in my carpool, and I can't stress enough on how good you're getting, super fast as well.

Ori: As always, thanks for hosting kickass tournaments and generally just being a cool dude.

Amiiboking and Wavez: That was a really hype doubles set against you two, and I really did not want to get sent into losers that early. Sorry I decided to go super saiyan game 2, I just really wanted that. Good stuff though.

Ksev: I don't know if you remember, but my first Smash 4 tournament, you were my first match since first seeds obviously play against 4th seeds (randoms/newbies). I remember you telling me that I had to fix a few things, and I took that to heart. It was really awesome to play against you again for the first time since then, and even though I got 2-0'd, it made my day when you honestly thought my :4jigglypuff: was pretty good.

I was really happy with this tournament, broke my 13th place curse.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Seeding was fine this event. Only the pool with Iceman and Hypercrasher was questionable. (They apparently practice together quite often.)
It wasn't even questionable to begin with. They've never played throughout the entire season and they played in pools which isn't as serious as if it was R1 of bracket. Hyper Crasher is just going to continue to complain because he was involved in an upset with the predicted 2 seed and lost a game to the predicted 3 seed. Both things cost him his bracket opportunity so he just needs to get over it since it's in the past,

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
I'll complain as much as I damn well please:yeahboi:
I'm gonna be like 64 and still telling you **** you about this tourney
Watch Ori is gonna seed me against Iceman every tourney from now on:denzel:

Boxxy

Smash Lord
ggs to everyone i played!!
s/o to the fraud squad for showin up in full force and adriansux
s/o to everyone cheering me on, it meant a lot :]

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Oh yea that's not Ori's fault lol. If you've never played him in tournament before it's fair game. It's like when ppl play a Money Match or friendlies with someone before bracket starts and then say "I just played this guy in a MM/friendlies, why am I in his pool?!?!". Better question is why are you playing serious sets with someone you can potentially lose to before a tournament.

You just got upset broski; sucks, but it happens.

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Stop siding with Ori, zinoto plz ;~;. I think it's a bit different since Iceman is the person I play the most, but I'mma just get seeded against him next rebirth so no matter:denzel:

TearDispensingTommy

Smash Rookie
NNID
KoopaNinjaX
It wasn't even questionable to begin with. They've never played throughout the entire season and they played in pools which isn't as serious as if it was R1 of bracket. Hyper Crasher is just going to continue to complain because he was involved in an upset with the predicted 2 seed and lost a game to the predicted 3 seed. Both things cost him his bracket opportunity so he just needs to get over it since it's in the past,
And then I got stuck in that pool and was just like NOPE

Top Bottom