• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre-Release Rearranged Victory Themes for Smash Ultimate?

D

Deleted member

I really hope they remix the old victory themes in Smash Ultimate. They have so much time to recreate tons of past stages, characters and mechanics as well as implementing a possible story mode along with new characters, mechanics and models to go with it. They work so hard on everything, I know, but I still think it'd be a little lazy if don't change Sonic's victory music at least (come on, it's from Sonic '06 and it's been there since Brawl).

Not to wail on the devs, but every game before Smash 4 had a new unique take on classic jingles from various games. With each game came a new style of jingle; orchestral, cheery, uh... less orchestral. I can almost understand why themes were reused for Smash 4, maybe certain parts of the game couldn't be attended to due to time constraints or maybe they were simply running out of ideas for how they could spice up the music at that time. Since then, though, Sakurai and his team have had plenty of time to come up with something new, but so far we've got nothing aside from the new jingles like in the last game.

If they just don't have a clue where to go from here, I have an idea; make a characters themes sound like the games they came from.
Mario could have a triumphant, yet jolly arrangement of the SMB level clear theme, while Cloud or Marth's could have a more dramatic/orchestral take on thier victory jingles. I wouldn't mind slight rearrangements of these songs, but I would appreciate if they tried to make the themes sound like you actually achieved something. Not saying they're couch potatoes, but it would just be odd considering everything is Ultimate-ified except for the sound you hear once you finally truimph over your many, hard to beat foes.

But that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to sound unappreciative or picky, I just wanted to get this bother of mine out to the masses. What do you think of reused victory themes in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yea I was looking forward to some new victory themes too. But no, I think everyone has the same victory theme music. But who knows? Maybe the full game will have that taken care of? We will have to wait and see.

Top Bottom