• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really hope Kirby gets an airspeed buff next patch

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
I'm getting tired of how hard it is to land back on stage without using edge options.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Prepare to be disappointed regardless of whether there is a next patch or not.

Indigo 19

Smash Rookie
NNID
Martyr19
How do you give a floaty such abysmal air speed. LUL development team

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that it has been stated that 1.1.4 is the final update, but depending on the circumstances, an extra update might be made to fix up any glitches that exist for Corrin and Bayonetta. Still, it's unclear if that will ever happen.

As for Kirby, I too don't understand why his air speed is so weak. He doesn't have the versatile recovery options that Meta Knight has, and yet Meta Knight gets the better air speed value. Meta Knight's air speed could be as poor as Ganondorf's, and yet he could still make a successful recovery with his recovery move options. Kirby, however, is stuck with Final Cutter, which is not too good in terms of horizontal recovery.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's fine. It's obviously faster than his airspeed at every single kirby game ever.
I want kirby to be broken instead of buffed, but hey, what can ya do? I'm sticking with the cards I have.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I know that it has been stated that 1.1.4 is the final update, but depending on the circumstances, an extra update might be made to fix up any glitches that exist for Corrin and Bayonetta. Still, it's unclear if that will ever happen.

As for Kirby, I too don't understand why his air speed is so weak. He doesn't have the versatile recovery options that Meta Knight has, and yet Meta Knight gets the better air speed value. Meta Knight's air speed could be as poor as Ganondorf's, and yet he could still make a successful recovery with his recovery move options. Kirby, however, is stuck with Final Cutter, which is not too good in terms of horizontal recovery.
I think it's because of his home games. Kirby generally doesn't move too fast in the air in his own games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it's because of his home games. Kirby generally doesn't move too fast in the air in his own games.
To be fair, Yoshi doesn't move very fast while fluttering in his mainstream game appearances either. In fact, his flutter jumps don't even go as high as in the Smash Bros. installments.

Top Bottom