• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really Fun Variants!

Jamesx1

Smash Rookie
Me and my brothers and sister started playing some super fun home rules varients! thought i’d share them here. Also love to hear some of you’lls custom variants too!

Deadly Strike - everyone plays as Snake. Stamina mode at just 10% 2 lives. first to 3 wins (choose big stages is best.). Rule: you can NOT use the A button! (Or z). So, basically only Use your special attacks to fight with. This means tons of grenades and misslies flying everywhere. and One good explosion will kill you! So it’s really fast and tense (and hilarious usually!).
Teams works great for this. A variant of this is you can also choose Samus. You can also turn on a few bombs and x bomb. And power ball. But still only special moves!

Deadly Random Realism - similar to above but you choose random characters. no a button, only special attacks. Random stages. 10%stamina. 2 lives. First to 3.

Deadly Arrows - same idea except everyone uses Link (any of them).

Deadly Lasers - same idea except everyone uses a spacey (fox, falco, wolf).
you can also turn on other laser gun items but personally I prefer it without.

lots of other “deadly realism varients with other characters!): including Deadly Pokémon, deadly fireballs (Mario, Luigi, dr. Mario), deadly psychics (ness Lucas), etc.

Pokeball Battle! - only pokeballs and master balls on very high. Stamina at 30%. Pokemon stadium (or other is ok). Everyone chooses Ness or Lucas or villager(they look like a trainer) . Rule: you can only throw poke balls! (No punching or fighting with your character). Try not to accedentally punch them when picking them up but it’s ok if it happens a little. So what you get is a bunch of crazy Pokémon jumping around attacking players! its really fun.

Street Fighter Arcade - Everyone chooses Ken or Ryu. Stamina at 50. 3 stock. no items. street fighter world Recommended. or other with no hazards. Rule: you can NOT use the B button! (your specials). So you can only attack with the normal A button attacks. Note that you can do specials using the traditIona inputs! (Much harder). So you get this very arcade like feel of a classic street fighter game! It’s very strategic too. We sometimes say you can’t grab either.

Punch Out! - everyone chooses little Mac (no wire frame). Stamina at 80. No items. Boxing ring no hazards. Same Rule As above: You can NOT use the B button (so no specials).. and no grabs (Just like real boxing rules). What you get is really satisfying slugfest! It’s like a real boxing match. No sparkly specials solid snacks, and the stamina makes for some really satisfying finishes. This best 1v1. You can play teams but the two teammates must wait outside the ring until their teammate tags them in (by dying).

Great Bloody Sword Battle - 4 vs 4. everyone plays an anime sword character (Marth, Lucina, roy, etc.) . 10%stamina. 1 life. First to 3 wins. Random worlds. Team attack off (trust me!). only A button (no specials). What you get is a very realistic and bloody dramatic sword battle Where one good slice will kill you! A varien of this is allow one link on either side who can use his specials (arrows are great!).

You Are Special - competitive. Choose any character. Stamina at 50. First to 2 wins. Random worlds. No hazards. 1 v 1. No items. Rule: you can NOT Use A button (or z). So only special attacks.

do you’ll have some fun varients? It’s funny, I actually have started to prefer playing these varients (even competitively) over the normal smash! I think one thing that makes it so different is because not having the A button normal attacks really makes each character more unique.

Top Bottom