• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Obskore

Smash Ace
just curious, has anyone reached out to the PM people to see if they're interested in helping? becasue they did a great job with PM
unless they meet a decent proof of what direction this project aims to be, see if it has an audience of adequate proportions, a competent aknowlegdeable backroom and know if they have a proper way of organization and posting/editing content, then maybe

Studstill

Smash Ace
unless they meet a decent proof of what direction this project aims to be, see if it has an audience of adequate proportions, a competent aknowlegdeable backroom and know if they have a proper way of organization and posting/editing content, then maybe
Holy crap dude, that is like exact list of my what`s wrong with the 64 community in general. Can you mod the scene? :)
Madao has most of it, but I`d love to get a copy of what you data you have, at least on the 64 side of it. (I have interest in Brawl.)
Continued good luck with the project!

Last edited:

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
I can assure you, finding out damage values or other highly trivial info is not a problem of any kind for a project of this scale.

At any rate, I was very excited for this a while ago, but disagree with a lot of the game design choices made. While I can't really blame a group of hackers for doing a decent job with everything for the sake of doing a great 64 hack, I think there's a lot to improve.

I don't know who you are doing this game for, but if you aim to deliver for the competetive Smash scene, especially Brawl players interested in 64 or vice versa, I think you should try cloning the gameplay to match with the original 64 as much as possible. Apart from that, keeping the good parts of brawl like a lot of great stages and stuff would work really well imo. Changing too much visually to things not present in either 64 or Brawl will probably alienate a lot of players and get many reluctant to even bother with this in the first place - don't underestimate that. Balancing a game is not something trivial, either. Most likely, you will need to aim for the top level hardcore audience since if you do, others will follow. It probably won't work out well enough otherwise and fall out of satisfactory. You want to make this into a reality, right?

Last edited:

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
i agree. keeping the gameplay as similar as to original to 64 is key to making this being great. it also would be super dope to be able to play in the current brawl levels, but as far a s gameplay, replicating the speed, damage values, moves etc. it needs to be as close as to the original as possible.

i play a lot of brawl and n64 version all the time. if there is anyway i can help let me know.

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
Are we getting any type of news soon?

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Are we getting any type of news soon?
Well we have two very well known people on the team.

Everything Smash
Mewtwo2000

But we are working as hard as possible.

Still if you guys have friends that can do art, spriting, or pixel art tell them to send me a PM of their work. That may get us further into work. Maybe speed along the date of the Q&A.

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
Can't we just have a little faith in these people and this project.
After that Dreamland change list post and some other posts made in this thread some followers of this project including myself seem to be very skeptical, but I do hope to see some type of game play soon and then the real judging can begin.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Like I said to speed along the process we need someone who can do decent art or pixel art. Get friends or anyone, it would be much appreciated.
I'm an artist. I'm good at illustrations and concept art, but I'm terrible at spriting. I never practiced enough with spriting but what kind of pixel art is involved with the project?

Dsc

Smash Ace
I'd just like to add that if this **** is truly happening, I would pay major $$$ for it. Playing 64 with brawl graphics is...good ****

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to add that if this **** is truly happening, I would pay major $$$ for it. Playing 64 with brawl graphics is...good ****
thats why i was so juiced to wii64. they were supposed to update it to allow hi res texture packs. playing n64 hi res would be awesome on the wii

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
If the idea is to do a smash 64 mod of brawl, smash 64 players is what they need AT LEAST as a starting point.
Anybody that knows smash well in a competitive environment really is good enough , but ima stop cuz it's pointless to argue over this.

To contribute to the thread, I think that young sora should do some studying and look at apex 2014, 2013, and 2012 (plus some n64 online tourneys) smash 64 games to truelly find out how this game plays and why some changes aren't necessary and why some changes need to happen. Also, he should maybe look into traditional fighters and how diverse their games are ( guilty gear, super turbo, etc...) and try to put in as many different playstyles as possible.

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
i dont think changes that make it as close to emulate the n64 version should be skipped over. if he is trying to make it like n64, than why skip or not change some gameplay as close as to the original.

Sedda

Smash Champion
There are some things that you're going to miss if you don't have any GOOD competitive players in here, at least ONE.

The 64 neutral is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Melee or Brawl because of the lack of spotdodging + tons of shieldstun in 64.

I'm not looking to argue... That's not the point. I'm trying to help, and I see absolutely NO REASON why you shouldn't bring in any of the ones who have offered to help (Near and Knitephox). You're going to make changes to stages and characters without understanding why. Inexperienced players who play either of the other smash games are going to have a completely different mindset i.e. rising the top platform in DL.

I don't mind it if you guys wanna experiment with up throws and down throws, or side b's, but, fundamentally, you guys NEED to have someone experienced in here.

I don't see why that's something that needs to be argued over. It's not. It's veeery simple and it will only help you. Hell, a Melee player couldn't tell you the repercussions that downthrow would have in this game because they don't understand the repercussions of a good techchase in 64: Tech it right or left? ok---> Go into your shield? for what? your opponent will lock you in shieldstun and then punish into a grab or a shieldbreak combo. Remember, no wavedash oos in this game, so you don't have any movement options either = downthrow within the 64 meta structure would be OP. I suck at this game and I'm just theorycrafting here, but is anybody offering any type of analysis like this? Bring in experienced 64 players. They'll be glad to help. This isn't something to argue about, once again. "Experienced" players in other games won't help you.

Please take this criticism and do something with it. I think this could be a fun project, and you guys seem to be putting a lot of work into it. You will succeed, but I can't help but feel insulted that the name of it is "Reality 64." This is not "really" 64.

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Please change the name of this from reality 64 to something else because you guys are clearly not trying to make it anything like ssb64.

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
Please change the name of this from reality 64 to something else because you guys are clearly not trying to make it anything like ssb64.
you don't know that. the only one commentating has hasn't been anyone working on it. just mere speculation and input.

i'm hoping that it will be as close as to ssb64 as possible.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
If you go against the project then just don't post here, that simple, but we are making the game play and mechanics as close to SSB64 as possible. So that leaves out stages and characters from the matter into consideration. So that means Characters and Stages will be different.

We just need some more time until we can show you guys game play. We need to get it looking nice and all that jazz. So stick to your seat and I'll see if there is anything we can show to keep you guys at our side.

We also have bug fixing to do.

Last edited:

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Maybe as a way to keep connected instead of doing one big Q&A, you guys could do like a weekly mini Q&A using some of the questions you collected and some kind of monthly update

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
I haven't been keeping up with this project at all, but is there ANY gameplay footage out there?

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I haven't been keeping up with this project at all, but is there ANY gameplay footage out there?
This is the last time I will bring it up, the game play is very choppy currently. We are making sure it is good to show. So just wait a little bit longer.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Alright. What about some "in game screenshots" then. Like, just showing some of the models and stages and what that'd look like in game.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Hey guys I know you are excited for this project to be coming, but we need a few more members to get this moving faster.

We need a:
Animator
Modeler
Rigger

If we can get those three this process will move a lot faster! Which means the first demo!

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post but here is some news to keep you excited for the upcoming screenshots to be shown.

The Mario Bros. don't they look so innocent?

Even Ness is joining in.

We found a way to make Pikachu even cuter :bee:!

Oh if it's about cute Kirby is there.

Yes Link even you. Just don't get mad. Ok?

Not what I was expecting!

Ok serious talk you guys are wondering what these are used for.

See the icons in the top left? Yep that's what they are used for!

Like what you see? Use them as emotes if you want. Maybe if this project gets popular enough Smashboards will use them as official emotes. Well that is only a dream for now... let's make it a reality!

Credit to our newest member Furil for making these!
Soon I'll show work from another recent member Afrodude.

Last edited:

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I know you are excited for this project to be coming, but we need a few more members to get this moving faster.

We need a:
Animator
Modeler
Rigger

If we can get those three this process will move a lot faster! Which means the first demo!
have you guys checked on brawl vault?

Makarew

Smash Rookie

We need a:
Animator
Modeler
Rigger

I wouldn't mind rigging for you. I'm pretty good at it. You can check out my work on Brawl Vault under the same username.

mightyXtreme

Smash Rookie
NNID
mightyXtreme4
Hate to say it but the only way this'll get more popular is if we see some actual gameplay to see if it's worth sharing or not.

Top Bottom