• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Guesses are Well and Good, but Let's Hear Some Crazy Newcomer Ideas

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen the latest A-
He's not within my realm of interests; few Youtube-Review people really are. All I know is that Pepsiman is a true American Hero and deserves a shot at the rest of entertainment's greatest.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
In my Smash Bros Eternity here's some of my newcomer choices i picked: (Updated this, and fixed some stuff.)
-Virtual Boy Console (R.O.B made it in so why not this?)
-Unit from Totally Accurate Battle Sim.
-both Lincoln Loud and Leni Loud from The Loud House. (4th Party reps)
-Octane from Rocket League.
-Heavy from Team Fortress.
-King Wart (New Mario rep, along with Waluigi.)
-Rajang from Monster Hunter. (A normal Hunter would be bland.)
-Keeby, the yellow Kirby
-Uniracer from the Uniracers game.
-Camo from Skylanders
-The Titan Dweevil
-Bio Rex
-T. Rex from Mario Odyseey
-Yarn Yoshi
-Shake King from Wario Land Shake It!
-Octodad (DLC Fighter)
-Maxwell (DLC Fighter)
If you want to know about all of this, check out the "Make a roster for the hypothetical reboot", it's on page 4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Baby Metroid from Super Metroid.

His Final Smash could be inspired on the final boss of Super Metroid.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Klonoa. We need a character with wind powers as their main forte. Also, he's cute.
Command grab with wind. Up-special uses wind. It's all wind.
wind
I too want Klonoa in Smash Ultimate he would fit perfectly with everyone and seeing as Pac Man is the only one from Namco-Bandai it would be nice to have Klonoa as a second rep.

FrogFool

Smash Rookie
I think the Spelunky guy would fit well in Smash as a long range character probably. Whip smash/air attacks, bomb neutral B, and tether up B seem logical. Maybe item grab/throw for side B (similar to Villager) and down B drops an arrow trap.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
In my Smash Bros Eternity here's some of my weird newcomer choices i picked:
-Joltik as Gen 5 Rep
-Virtual Boy Console (R.O.B made it in so why not this?)
-Unit from TABS
-Lincoln Loud (With Leni Loud as his Echo Fighter)
-Garfield and Odie (Duo Fighter)
Here's one more:
-Heavy from Team Fortress
ALL HAIL THE VIRTUAL BOY!
If you want the Virtual Boy I have a source for moveset potential

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
A Dinohattan Goomba!

"Walk tall, be proud, be a Goomba!"

For moves he could really on other movie equipment... the Devo-gun, a Bob-omb, Thwomp Stompers, and maybe even Morph into a T-Rex as a special.
Now this really wants me to make a President Koopa Mii.

Last edited:

Zapato007

Smash Rookie
i am going to say recruit from rainbow 6 would be unlikely but still cool

intro he rappels down from the ceiling

down b claymore
side b/dash valts into opponents
neutral b stun grenade: like snake but has dissing effect
up b rappel

smash attacks:knife similar to gerninja

jab: shoots opponents and then melees them

grabs : similar to snakes

skins are just different color hats and the outbreak skin

victory screen is the MVP screen

bad jump height/aerials because he cant jump in the game

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I wish the DQ newcomer could have been Slime Knight.

A knight that fights while riding on a sentient goo that transforms into dozens of its different sub-species to also fight would have been an instant buy for me.

Ir0n Ch3f

Smash Rookie
I would be drop dead dumbfounded if they managed to get Sora in because Disney is that rude about licensing, I remember hearing how they scalped movie theaters by demanding and extra 10% (?) of ticket sales from I think TLJ.

Also Aiai. Anyone who has not played the REAL Super Monkey Ball Games (any on the GC) has work to do

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
By far the most indulgent, improbable character I want is Chie Satonaka from Persona 4. (I made a Mii Brawler of her in Ultimate; unfortunately, there's no costume that looks like a Japanese school uniform or a jacket.) Her Final Smash would definitely be a cinematic galactic punt.

Also she regains extra health when she eats a meat-based food item.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Probably the most unrealstic character is an original character from one of those Smash clones like Brawlhalla or Brawlout.

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
Unlikely characters: Toothless (dragon from How To Train Your Dragon series), Stitch (from Disney), Twilight Sparkle (from My Little Pony), and Agumon (from Digimon franchise)*.

Pretty much any Disney character I'm considering unlikely at this point, since the world of Smash Bros. and the world of Disney have literally had no contact with one another for the past 20 years -- for example, no Disney content has ever appeared in a smash game. (Is it a copyright issue? Who knows.)

*Agumon, or a different Digimon, is somewhat likely/unlikely, but no smash game has ever had any influence from the Digimon franchise (for example, no Digimon items / stages).

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Unlikely characters: Toothless (dragon from How To Train Your Dragon series), Stitch (from Disney), Twilight Sparkle (from My Little Pony), and Agumon (from Digimon franchise)*.

Pretty much any Disney character I'm considering unlikely at this point, since the world of Smash Bros. and the world of Disney have literally had no contact with one another for the past 20 years -- for example, no Disney content has ever appeared in a smash game. (Is it a copyright issue? Who knows.)

*Agumon, or a different Digimon, is somewhat likely/unlikely, but no smash game has ever had any influence from the Digimon franchise (for example, no Digimon items / stages).
Toothless?
Stitch?
Agumon?

I have a few users you'd want to meet :yoshi:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
In a smash fangame project me and several other users are working on, we are including an amiibo, literally just an amiibo figure that hops around and can do amiibo ability stuff like ‘reading’ the opponent and summoning ‘daily gifts’ from the sky to hit opponents

Thatoneguy10

Smash Rookie
In a smash fangame project me and several other users are working on, we are including an amiibo, literally just an amiibo figure that hops around and can do amiibo ability stuff like ‘reading’ the opponent and summoning ‘daily gifts’ from the sky to hit opponents
Yeah I'mma need a link or something for this game, it already sounds amazing.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
The face everyone fears...

Dunno what his moveset would be, but a First World Bank stage where the police raid the fight from time to time (with dynamic music) would be really cool.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I just got a crazy idea because of Pac-Man Arrangement, The Ghosts as a fighter.

The main idea is that you control Blinky and each of the four is used for each special move. See it works perfectly for Smash because in Pac-Man Arrangement, there's a ghost named Kinky who combines with one of the others to transform into a form that has a special ability.
Neutral = Clyde Creats large-pac dot projectiles that deal damage and slow the players down when hit
Side = Blinky Charges forward to deal massive damage and plow through other attacks
Up = Pinky Leaps to a point of the stage depending on where you move the target
Down = Inky Creats a temporary duplicate that works like Nana for Ice Climbers

Final Smash is a spoiler for the final round of the game
They have a giant mech in the final round and it's a perfect Final Smash for them.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
It's never going to happen but I would unironically be ok with the codename S.T.E.A.M version of Abraham Lincoln getting in.
Make his FS involve his giant mech or something idk.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Now that Banjo is in, I'd actually love to see Gruntilda. Totally serious.
She's such a fun villain, has so much personality, and would be the first female villain (other than wendy) on the roster.

More bad guys is always a plus for me. It'll never happen, but she'd be awesome. Plus she has some great alt costume potential.

StormC

Smash Hero
Now that Banjo is in, I'd actually love to see Gruntilda. Totally serious.
She's such a fun villain, has so much personality, and would be the first female villain (other than wendy) on the roster.

More bad guys is always a plus for me. It'll never happen, but she'd be awesome. Plus she has some great alt costume potential.
You have my sword.

That sword looks suspiciously like a Breegull, but pay it no mind.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Lagiacrus from Monster Hunter!
Here's a moveset i came up:
Neutral-Thunder Ball
Side-Sliding Charge
Up-Body Slam
Down-Electric Barrier
Final Smash-Abyssal Lagiacrus
A possible alt costume would be it's Ivory variant. (The subspecies on land.)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Blaze of the Sonic series
People always talk about "is it gonna be Shadow, Eggman, Tails, or Knuckles?" But no one ever talks about the less likely but still plausible characters like Amy, Metal, and of course Blaze. She's basically the female version of Sonic for her dimension, so I think she could work well as a 2nd Sonic character.

Top Bottom