• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Guesses are Well and Good, but Let's Hear Some Crazy Newcomer Ideas

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I’ve got a few:
-New Age Retro Hippie (Earthbound)
-Old Man (Legend of Zelda, the one that goes “it’s dangerous to go alone”)
-Pheromosa
-Goomba (I got Piranha Plant so I’m satisfied now)
-Pico (F-Zero)
-Commander Shepherd (Mass Effect)
-The Mage Sisters (Kirby)
-Starfy (Not the craziest I know, but he’s not particularly realistic either :,) )
-Nintendo 64
-Orbulon (WarioWare)
-Castle Crasher
-Ricky the Kangaroo (Legend of Zelda)
-Master Chief
-Tharja (Fire Emblem)
-Emerl (Sonic)
-Menat (Street Fighter)
-Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)

D

Deleted member

Instead of getting Minecraft Steve or Banjo Kazooie as our Microsoft rep, we end up getting this guy.

(if you claim to know who this is without using Google, admit it, you're lying)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Instead of getting Minecraft Steve or Banjo Kazooie as our Microsoft rep, we end up getting this guy.

OMG, it's Blinx the Time Sweeper! He was originally going to be the mascot for the Xbox, as his games showcased its superior time-tracking abilities. I never played his games, but it's a pity he only got two of them.

No, I did not need Google to know who Blinx is; I've been a low-key fan for a long time. The idea of a sassy cat fighting with a vacuum cleaner and controlling the flow of time while also being its guardian is rather appealing to me. I've even worked Blinx into my fanfics, where he tries to rein in one of my OCs who can be rather reckless with her chronokinesis.

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman

That's Blinx the Timesweeper innit? In this day and age it's hard for characters to remain obscure forever.
From what I've heard, his games are actually pretty good. It's a shame Microsoft didn't bother to renew the trademark, but hey, I guess that means Nintendo could stick him into Smash without needing Microsoft's consent.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Do you know what would be really hilarious ? If they make a Style Savyy's character.
I mean, it's Nintendo, it would have a fun gameplay based on clothes designing. With Dr Lobe, it would be one of the most unexpected but hilarious character. Come on Nintendo, give us that. I would love to play as them.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Princess Sally Acorn from the Sonic comics:
Although she technically is in the game as a background character:

I'm not joking either. That squirrel/chipmunk thing on top is named Sally Acorn in the American/Euro versions of Sonic 1 & was the basis for the comic/tv character. "Ricky" in Japan.

All Hail Me

Sarge
Claptrap from borderlands!

I would quit video games if that happened

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
The Giant Mario 64 face with the DS stylus following him around.
Now that would be a HILARIOUS assist trophy (but I prefer the Mario's head from Mario Teaches Typing.)

Also, can we have anither accessories for playable characters ? Like Wii Balance Board ? Or Nintendo Labo cardboard ? Or even Mini-Kanguroo with its toys ?

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
How about Popeye the Sailor, Nintendo published his NES game.

How about Lord Hyness and F.L.U.D.D

Or Drawcia, Toadsworth and Resseti

Or Pitch, Nago and Chuchu as one fighter

Or Metal Face, Takumi, Epona and Triforce Heroes Link trio

I have to stop myself

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Tatanga
Happy Mask Salesman
Kracko
Ivan instead of Isaac
MGS protag
Axem Red
Lon-Qu
Papyrus
Sebastian Tute

I CANT STOP

veneno

Smash Rookie
Isaac from The Binding of Isaac.

Very unlikely considering... y'know. The whole premise of a naked child running around trying not to get brutally murdered so he can eventually kill his mother isn't exactly family friendly. But hey, if you asked me if Bayonetta would get in pre-Smash 4 DLC I would have said "no, too much religious stuff and brutality" so maybe he has a chance he doesn't

apaulieg

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Calisto Chase da Silva or Mason Rana, from StarLink.

The Switch version had a TON of StarFox content, and it was a game with a unique set of peripherals. If Ubisoft wanted in on the Ultimate Crossover event, why not lend a character from a game that, in the Switch version, is a crossover itself? Make money off being DLC and increase sales of the games and peripherals.

Calisto Chase da Silva is a teenage Brazilian woman known for her racing speed. Her ship’s special ability is an overdrive speed boost. She lost an arm and a leg in a racing accident and had them replaced with mechanical prosthetics.

One of the game’s main selling points is the ability to modify your controller on the fly with new ship parts. This, in real-time, changes your ship in-game. This mechanic could be explored with a humanoid fighter by making the prosthetics change shape and function depending upon the attacks Calisto uses. However, even without giving her prosthetics super-sci-fi-powers, it could be nice to include Calisto.

Mason Rana is the “protagonist” of StarLink, or at the least is central to the initiative and created the technology. I think he’s a less interesting character when it comes to representation, but he could use mini versions of the StarLink tech much like Calisto, and he has a much more readily translatable final smash (orbital strike).

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Isaac from The Binding of Isaac.

Very unlikely considering... y'know. The whole premise of a naked child running around trying not to get brutally murdered so he can eventually kill his mother isn't exactly family friendly. But hey, if you asked me if Bayonetta would get in pre-Smash 4 DLC I would have said "no, too much religious stuff and brutality" so maybe he has a chance he doesn't
Ha, take a look at Moge-ko... her favorite pastime is brutally torturing people.

Zozo Citizen

Smash Rookie
I'm going to limit this to five just to cut down on what could be a massive list.

1. Any of Link's old competitors. You know, all the guys from top down action rpg's that emulated his original games and did a pretty good job if not a great. Soul Blazer, Lagoon, Ys, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Crystalis, Spike McFang and many more. Nothing would make me happier than to see all these characters jump Link and try to beat him up.

2. Boy and Dog from Secret of Evermore. A double character, I'd want them to function kind of like the Ice Climbers. Boy is weak and not so great on his own, but you can't directly control the more powerful Dog. This pick will NEVER happen, but it's nice to dream. Secret of Mana would get a rep first, no question.

3. The protagonist of EVO: Search for Eden. One of the hidden gems of the SNES library, EVO would be a character that could do a lot with very little. You evolve steadily as you go through the game, starting as a fish and potentially ending as a caveman but it's possible to beat the game as a bird or a dinosaur. Obviously all EVO's moves would involve briefly evolving or devolving, which are the core mechanics of the game.

4. Let's take a break from my SNES bias (What can I say? We all have one) and consider something newer. If I had to pick another character that would NEVER be chosen, it'd be Trusty Patches from the Dark Souls series. I mean... he already kicks people off ledges... he's perfect for Smash.

5. My final ridiculous pick has got to be... Ninja Turtles. I'm serious. They *are* an old school NES classic and they've been in countless games since then. They're even still relevant after a fashion since they are still around today. They won't get picked though, let's be real.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Chell - Portal
Ajay Ghale - Far Cry
All Might - My Hero Academia
Kara - Detroit: Become Human

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Beat
from Jet Set Radio

ok but since I've been talking only about Beat on all the forums, here's someone else that isn't Beat from Jet Set Radio...

yes, I purposely tried picking the stupidest images I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
I remember being younger when Smash 3DS & Wii U was a big deal and once had experience in Brawl. I thought of...

Chase McCain! My reasons weren’t too far fetched. His games were Nintendo exclusives however it falls under the issue with Sora. Got to give rights from LEGO and TTGames to have him in and with the games now being on other consoles, his chances are not likely. I would say he’s more possible than Sora though.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Two more impossible newcomers ideas came to my mind.

Parin from Gurumin
Her moveset is basically already done, she has a lot of moves already and most of them are perfectly compatible with the Smash moveset structure, including neutral moves, taunts, idle animations, roll/dodges and victory animations: probably only shield and grab animations are missing.
She's basically Jill from Drill Dozer minus the mech, and she would have an unique gimmick of leveling up her drill by inflicting damage without being hit (and downgrading it when hit).
The drill has 3 levels: drill levels would make her attacks slighty stronger (kinda like Lucario's aura) and change the effect of the special moves that will get additional range and slighty different animations (other than changing the drill's appearance).
Her down special would have ice elemental properties, her neutral special would have fire elemental properties, and her up special would have lightning elemental properties; up special would be similar to Link's; side special would be similar to a mix between Sonic's Homing Attack and Falcon's up b (or those Diddy and Sheik's special moves where they launch themselves onto the opponent), without elemental properties.
For final smash, she has 4 options:
-break the jar containing the energy of a monster, and summon it; said monster would probably be Black Bean (an overpowered boss).
-capture the opponent and do a cutscene-type final smash where all the monsters are summoned and attack all together in a funny way
-Lv 4 drill, captures an opponent with the auto aiming components of the drill, then charges a strong hit and attacks
-the drill transforms and becomes huge, allowing Parin to do a very powerful attack (this does not happen in the source game but I think it would be fitting, also as a Gurren Langann reference).
Last but not least, she also has many outfits that can be used for alt costumes.

(This post makes me sad because it reminds me of how cool Jill would be in Smash, and that it will never happen; she was scrapped as assist trophy and apparently nobody cared, and if that was not enough, Bowser Jr stole her role by fighting in a "mech" and using drills to attack. Too bad, she could have had some unique 3-gear smash attacks and the gimmick of inverting the rotation of the drill to capture the enemies or launch them away).

Cookie & Cream from The Adventures of Cookie & Cream
They are a duo like the Ice Climbers.
In their game, they cooperate in order to solve puzzles and go thorugh some platforming levels. The screen is usually split in 2, and the two rabbits are stuck into their one side of the screen, often in need of the help of the other one in order to procede.
Aside of using the hammer for smash attacks, their moveset would be based on summoning and using gimmicks, they don't even need to be taken directly from the original game... as long as it's a crazy gimmick where both rabbits have to cooperate, then it's fine (developers can go very creative with these two).
They can also use a banjo and maracas to play music and attack... Cream especially can attack creating shockwaves with the Maracas in the DS version of the game.
As for the final smash.... well...... they would not be much different than Skull Kid, they would summon the moon that would crush the stage and deal massive damage to anyone in the way.
The funny thing: the game is developed by From Software, the same company behind Dark Souls; Cookie & Cream are definitely the most likely From Software reps, isn't it?
(Also, lol, another "Cream the Rabbit" exists in the world of gaming and has absolutely no connections with the other one, aside of the name, the animal species, the gender, and being part of a duo).

I'm not sure but this may be the first time someone on this planet mentioned Cookie & Cream and Smash Bros together.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
If we can have Phrihana Plant, we can most certainly have Shy Guy, using his Baseball bat, a propeller pack and ninja stars, he would be amazing.

Count Bleck could use chaos powers and dark arts as a dark mage, a trope not expressed in Smash, AT ALL, he osses moveset potential

He may be an assist, but Knuckles is a missed opportunity, more than just an echo, Knuckles uses a homing attack and his treasure hunting claws, and he has a ground pound

I will be back with more

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Stickman from Stick Fight.
Also Shy Guy ( pls Nintendo listen to me)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Those guys are very underrated:
the Worms from Team 17's Worms series.

If using cartoon versions of realistic weapons is an issue, they can just use the more crazy weapons such as the banana bomb or the super sheep.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
The Bloodborne Hunter would be one of the raddest character additions of all time and nobody will convince me otherwise

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
If we're talking Tetris representation, how about Tee from Puyo Puyo Tetris. He could zone out opponents with quick and precise Tetrimino trap placements, and his Final Smash could be the Zone from Tetris Effect.

Oddball

Smash Lord
A Dinohattan Goomba!

"Walk tall, be proud, be a Goomba!"

For moves he could really on other movie equipment... the Devo-gun, a Bob-omb, Thwomp Stompers, and maybe even Morph into a T-Rex as a special.

Top Bottom