• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Guesses are Well and Good, but Let's Hear Some Crazy Newcomer Ideas

Essora

Smash Cadet
Alright boys & girls, I like reading about your realistic speculations. I was a Simon Belmont boy dating back to the SSB4 polls, and even then I considered him a bit of a long shot. But now we live in a different era. We live in the age of Bayonetta, Cloud, and Ryu. We live in the time of Negan in Tekken 7. I want to hear your craziest, pants-on-head insane character prediction. Somebody you know has got less than 1% of a realistic chance of making it in, but who would pop you out of your seat and get you screaming like Etika!

For this topic, I'd have to cast my vote for Crono. I'm a massive Chrono Trigger nerd and if I saw this dude show up in Ultimate I'd scream so hard I'd lose my voice.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Master Chief.

It's a Microsoft character that has no association with Nintendo, but is still one of the most recognizable video game characters in the world. His inclusion would cause the internet to explode about as much as it did with Cloud, if not more.

But if we want to limit to just Nintendo characters, then screw it, get Space Hunter Drake Redcrest in here.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
Abu from the Aladdin SNES game as a Diddy Kong echo fighter.

Last edited:

Roy_Boy Color

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-7443-4270
Switch FC
SW-0884-9374-3404
Here's your next top tier.

Everyone, say hello to Bones from the critically acclaimed movie, Monster House!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
SMT 1 Hero.

Only me and maybe a dozen other guys would even know about him.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Oceana Louvier from Endless Ocean... Plz... Pretty Plz Sakurai? cmon man i need some endless ocean rep up in here. its not like endless ocean is third party or anythin- AAAA!

Yan Shu-Chi from Nekojishi. Love this game to death. But it's a gay furry visual novel so...
Monika from Doki Doki. Dan worked on Project M I think so... Uh... yeh?
No one seems to talk about Valve in Smash Bros. Could you imagine Gordon Freeman, Chell, or Heavy being playable?
Far shot, but really any internet based games that require memberships. You know the ones, Wizard101, World of Warcraft, Moshi Monsters, Club Penguin ETC. Not saying I really particularly care for them to be in Smash, but good lord, it'd be one hell of a reveal I'll yell yah.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Prince Fluff from Kirby’s Epic Yarn. Strong grab gane with a few command grabs, transformative attacks and turns into a tank for a Final Smash.

I can dream.

An Archie

Smash Cadet
Epona. People always say that we could do with more quadrapeds in the roster, so why not add one of zelda's most iconic and reoccurring characters.
She could have the "carrot" gauge and she'd be another heavy character.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Big Smoke
Big Buff Cheeto Puff
Big Daddy from Bioshock
Big Pharma
The Big Apple (okay, that's more a stage, but still)
Yiazmat's Health Bar. Not Yiazmat himself, just his health bar
Dark Magician (Dark Magician Girl as an echo fighter)
Thanos, with Squidward* as an Assist Trophy
Optimus Prime (original, not the Michael Bay version)
A pile of Vaporwave mixtapes arranged in the shape of Pope Francis
Jim ******* Sterling, Son
The B Button Emoticon
April O'neil from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original, not the Michael Bay version)
Marty McFly
Seinfeld
Totaro
Papa Roach
Dilbert
Pepsiman
Dora the Explorer (original, not the Michael Bay version)
Waluigi
And Kevin Bacon

*= Voldemort in the French version of the game

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Master Chief.

It's a Microsoft character that has no association with Nintendo, but is still one of the most recognizable video game characters in the world. His inclusion would cause the internet to explode about as much as it did with Cloud, if not more.
Chief is basically the ceiling of character reveals, he is the biggest possible video game character you could have in Smash. I think he has a lot of things going for him
-Phil Spencer being okay with Banjo in Smash, he'd probably be okay with this as well
-Microsoft and Nintendo being more friendly lately
-Sakurai wanting this to be the biggest crossover game ever and loves to surprise people with character reveals. Having the mascot character from a currently existing rival console does both of those things
-Halo music and stage
-this

Nintendo's big three going up against Sega, Playstation, and Xbox

Do I think he is likely? not really. But I do think he has a chance. If we get Banjo, then I will start thinking that it is likely, Sakurai is not going to pass this up if he has the opprotunity to get him.

Bubsy

download.jpeg

What could possibly go wrong?

The Lost Vikings (Olaf, Erik, Baelog)

images.png

A much more out there version of the Pokemon trainer mechanic

Fulgore

unnamed.gif

C-C-C COMBO BREAKER

Sam, Prehistorik Man

images.jpeg

Seriously, a prehistoric moveset would be pretty cool

Ronald McDonald

images (1).jpeg

He can throw McNuggets as a projectile

Hamburgular

images (2).jpeg

Echo of Ronald McDonald

Brash the Bear
download (1).jpeg

The original Rare bear!

PS1 Ron Weasley
images (3).jpeg

Now you've done it Mario, eat slugs!

You did say crazy! :)

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I think it's time to reunite Mario with a few of his old friends.

Ronald McDonald

Rich Uncle Pennybags

Elvira

Sgt. Slaughter

Inspector Gadget

Battiest Badger

Smash Cadet
Bad Mr. Frosty.

Clay Fighter was the first fighting game I played on a home console. I never owned it, but I rented it from the local video store a lot. It'll never happen, but it did originate and exist mostly on Nintendo consoles, so hey... maybe not the most out there idea in the world.

Essora

Smash Cadet
I was gonna add Monster Hunter to the list but that seems normal compared to some of the stuff in this thread

DuckHuntDork

Smash Rookie
NNID
TripleChin
3DS FC
1332-8230-8977
Switch FC
SW-5201-3372-9343
I was gonna add Monster Hunter to the list but that seems normal compared to some of the stuff in this thread
With the Rathalos assist and stage boss, expecting a Hunter or Palico really isn't that unlikely.

Enchess

Smash Lord
We need a Bean from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

It will physically hurt me not to correct this. Puyo.

I'd love Labo, Kiddy Kong (WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LOVE HIM), Mio Amakura, Saki in his Ruffian form instead of human, Picross Mario, or a Mario Kart (you heard me)

D

Deleted member

Phill swift o never mind he's confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

Latias425

Smash Rookie
K.O. from OK K.O. Let’s Be Heroes with T.K.O. as an echo to continue the trend of dark/edgy echoes.

But in all seriousness I want Grovyle from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and the hero from Drawn to Life in Smash, even though I know that’s never going to happen.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hatsune Miku
Satebo
Ryu Hayabusa
Linkle
Paper Mario
Viridi
Geno
Lara Croft
Leon Kennedy & Jill Valentine echo
Pyramid Head
Bill Rizer
Hoopa Unbound
Deoxys
Giegue
Metabee
Suezo
Agumon

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman

Giana, from the Giana Sisters series. A sorta-copy cat of the Mario Brothers. (Get it? Mario Brothers? Giana Sisters?)

Anyway, she was a somewhat copy cat, but then her game finally turned original after a level in her original games. Nintendo sent their Ninjas, and she was quickly down. She held strong on the DS system, and her fans also made some fan games to keep Giana alive. Having one Nintendo game, before going third party.

Longest time I wanted her, but I don't think anybody cares at this point. Giana needs some love too.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Mike Jones from Startropics.
The Boy from Secret of Evermore.

I just really like those games.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Also, Dragonite is my second-favorite Pokémon and I would love to play as it in Smash. (I'd also love to play as it in Pokkén — why the heck did they decide to make it an assist?!?)

Also, I feel like Moge-ko from Mogeko Castle could be a fantastic addition to the roster, if not for the fact that her home game has ephebophilia as a major theme and plot point. Also, Moge-ko is even more sadistic than Ridley, which is just bad news for everybody.

Last edited:

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Crazy newcomer ideas? That's my jam!

OK, I'm going to start off by also throwing in support for Tiki from A NewZealand Story and The Lost Vikings.

Next: Ecco the Dolphin. Though, to be fair Ecco has much more than a 1% chance. I'd say Ecco has close to a 10% chance. So in Smash 10 (SmashX?) we're definitely going to have Ecco the Dolphin as a playable character. We just have to wait another, what, twenty years?

Going over to unlikely Pokemon: Parasect. I understand I may be the only person who loves Parasect, but come on: they're a crab carapace taken over by a parasitic mushroom! What's not to love?

Also an unlikely Pokemon: Exeggcute. Though having everyone's favorite Egg Pokemon showing up would be fantastic!

Going into the realm of R.O.B-like fighters: The NintendGlove! Following the string of villains making it into Ultimate, what better villain to the Nintendo-adjacent R.O.B that was seldom remembered but may have saved Nintendo than the cult-remembered Power Glove that may have ruined Nintendo?

If these are a bit too likely then what about...
Ryouta Kawara from Hatoful Boyfriend? This sexy pigeon wasn't even in a Nintendo game!

Finally, the least likely of all: John McClane, the protagonist from Die Hard (the NES game, of course). I know the joke is for folks to want Goku from Dragon Ball Z, but here's a hot take: John McClane would beat Goku. Why? Because you don't think he has a chance (translating this into Smash would mean that McClane would have a Lucario dynamic).

Top Bottom