• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ready to crush some babies!- The Heavy(TF2) Support thread

Do you want the heavy in?

• Yes!

Votes: 119 88.8%
  • NO!

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Idk...

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Who the heck is he?

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I think this hasn't been posted here yet.
I really like this! It does a good job at showing everything off. That being said, I really have to say that the side special could have been plenty of other things than a move that he doesn't actually perform in the game, such as one of his secondary weapons like the shotgun, for example. Still good otherwise!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
My idea for the Heavy's moveset was to make him a Team Captain (if ya know what I mean). Have the team work together with Heavy leading the push.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
My idea for the Heavy's moveset was to make him a Team Captain (if ya know what I mean). Have the team work together with Heavy leading the push.
Very intriguing. How would this work, out of curiosity? Would you be able to select a group to follow behind you or would different classes appear for certain moves, for example?

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Take a look at this:

https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1278686299587739648?s=20

She says there's a Valve-RELATED announcement, as if Valve themselves weren't announcing anything. The months seem to line up, Team Fortress is a beloved IP, and Heavy's inclusion would sure be surprising.

Just thought I'd share that. Also, if I'm not on the supporter list, go ahead and slap me on there.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Take a look at this:

She says there's a Valve-RELATED announcement, as if Valve themselves weren't announcing anything. The months seem to line up, Team Fortress is a beloved IP, and Heavy's inclusion would sure be surprising.

Just thought I'd share that. Also, if I'm not on the supporter list, go ahead and slap me on there.
While I'm very hopeful about this being TF2-related, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it wasn't and it's just something for Half-Life or Portal instead.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Take a look at this:

While I'm very hopeful about this being TF2-related, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it wasn't and it's just something for Half-Life or Portal instead.
I too am hopeful it's TF2 related, but I'm willing to bet it's Portal or HL related. Possibly a collection of 1 and 2 for both series on switch? Hell it COULD be the orangebox, but who knows what they'd do with TF2 if it were the case.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One question, is the Heavy Surgery in the Switch version of Surgeon Simulator?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Take a look at this:

Only chance it's anything TF2 related is if one Valve employee decided to port it to the Switch as a passion project. And even then, I'm betting it would be a new version akin to the PS3 and XB360 ports that came with the Orange Box. TF2 as it is now is far too large and bloated to comfortably work on a console.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Only chance it's anything TF2 related is if one Valve employee decided to port it to the Switch as a passion project. And even then, I'm betting it would be a new version akin to the PS3 and XB360 ports that came with the Orange Box. TF2 as it is now is far too large and bloated to comfortably work on a console.
If they ever ported TF2 to the switch it would probably be whatever version of the game is on the orangebox, which I think is just original release.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Imagine if the reason why we haven't been getting much TF2 updates at all was because they were working on a Switch port with all the updates, though. It'd be almost impossible, I'll admit, but it'd probably make sense. I mean it's been three years since Jungle Inferno, and we've barely anything in terms of major content patches.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Imagine if the reason why we haven't been getting much TF2 updates at all was because they were working on a Switch port with all the updates, though. It'd be almost impossible, I'll admit, but it'd probably make sense. I mean it's been three years since Jungle Inferno, and we've barely anything in terms of major content patches.
I think that might just be Valve going all in on VR.

They way it's structured, Devs can work on any project they want and very few, if any wanna maintain a 10+ year old game over the resume gold that is working on VR games and hardware.

I'd love to be wrong tho.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
A Switch port is definitely possible but rather unlikely, considering Valve is not the kind of company to prioritize consoles, and at the moment they really like VR for some reason. I also feel like a good amount of TF2 players would be pissed if 3 years of almost nothing was for a Switch port. I definitely could be wrong, especially since I want something I love as much as Team Fortress 2 getting a spot in Smash, but I'm just saying.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I think that might just be Valve going all in on VR.

They way it's structured, Devs can work on any project they want and very few, if any wanna maintain a 10+ year old game over the resume gold that is working on VR games and hardware.

I'd love to be wrong tho.
coincidentally that rule at Valve just got abolished a few days ago I think.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I highly doubt TF2 getting a console port of any kind at this point. It hasn't been on console since release, and I dunno about anyone else, but "console TF2" really doesn't sound appealing, especially considering how bare-bones the Orange Box release on 360 is. At absolute best, I'd expect some sort of TF2 spinoff like that bridge Portal game they released a few years back. But even then, when I hear "a beloved IP" in relation to Valve, my mind jumps to Portal, if anything. Hell, a Portal 2-Pack could actually make a lot of sense on the Switch since those games are decently popular even today. Considering how niche and (tragically) neglected TF2 is as an IP currently, I really wouldn't get my hopes up for anything new being in the pipeline at all (other than maybe the next TF2 update now that HL:A is out of production). It doesn't exactly hurt Heavy's chances of being in Smash, but it's just not something I see as a realistic possibility TBH.

Last edited:

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Only promising thing that Valve has done recently for TF2 is that they are finding ways to limit the horrible bot issue on their servers. Other than that, there isn't much else going on with the game at the moment, and if even the game's development is inactive, I don't think Valve even has a thought of porting it to consoles again.

That said, Heavy is still one of my dream Smash picks.

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
OK so heres my opinion,

Portal hasn't gotten a main series game since 2011 and half life since 2007 if memory serves, the last slew of new content for tf2 was in 2017, it would be likely more surprising for an entry to one of those 2 than heavy in smash,

Of course with my dumb optimism I hope its either one of the tf2 mercs in smash or...

TEAM FORTRESS 3 BABYYYYYY

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
OK so heres my opinion,

Portal hasn't gotten a main series game since 2011 and half life since 2007 if memory serves, the last slew of new content for tf2 was in 2017, it would be likely more surprising for an entry to one of those 2 than heavy in smash,

Of course with my dumb optimism I hope its either one of the tf2 mercs in smash or...

TEAM FORTRESS 3 BABYYYYYY
Valve would probably do something with DOTA or CS:GO before a new game from Portal or Team Fortress. Half-Life Alyx technically counts as a main series game btw as it's Half-Life 1.5, essentially.

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
Valve would probably do something with DOTA or CS:GO before a new game from Portal or Team Fortress. Half-Life Alyx technically counts as a main series game btw as it's Half-Life 1.5, essentially.

Ye probably should have thought of that, I don't really often keep ip with other valve games to the point I forget they exist

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
coincidentally that rule at Valve just got abolished a few days ago I think.
Oh? What changed?

Did someone's head roll for letting Hunt Down the Freeman happen?

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Oh? What changed?

Did someone's head roll for letting Hunt Down the Freeman happen?
lol nah, just that the rule that "you can wheel over to any game you want freely" was just recently taken down, meaning devs now have to stick to the things they start until they are done or cancelled. This should certainly help Valve actually make/release games again.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
lol nah, just that the rule that "you can wheel over to any game you want freely" was just recently taken down, meaning devs now have to stick to the things they start until they are done or cancelled. This should certainly help Valve actually make/release games again.
Makes sense. Half life 3 and L4D2 we're started and rebooted a thousand times if internal sources are to be belived.

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
Makes sense. Half life 3 and L4D2 we're started and rebooted a thousand times if internal sources are to be belived.
Left 4 dead 2 has been rebooted multiple times? I have it on my computer and It didn't seem like anything anyone had been waiting for

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
The tweet has been taken down, any way that it was a hoax?
I wouldn't take anything "HotGirlVideos69" says seriously. They tend to make a lot of baseless claims that hold no merit, unlike Kelios, who actually leaks things that are correct.

By the way, they blocked me because I pointed out their name one time. Usually Twitter leakers that block over petty stuff are full of crap.

Last edited:

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't take anything "HotGirlVideos69" says seriously. They tend to make a lot of baseless claims that hold no merit, unlike Kelios, who actually leaks things that are correct.

By the way, they blocked me because I pointed out their name one time. Usually Twitter leakers that block over petty stuff are full of crap.

Apparently they're e a well known leaker but the only things she leaked where that e3 2020 was gonna get canned, which is very basic and easy to discern at the time, and the direct mini in March, which might be harder to predict.
But by far the thing that makes me distrust her the most is her reasoning for "leaks", she says, no joke, that her job as a twitter cam girl gets her insider information due to clients in the gaming world

Last edited:

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Apparently they're e a well known leaker but the only things she leaked where that e3 2020 was gonna get canned, which is very basic and easy to discern at the time, and the direct mini in March, which might be harder to predict.
But by far the thing that makes me distrust her the most is her reasoning for "leaks", she says, no joke, that her job as a twitter cam girl gets her insider information due to clients in the gaming world
I still don't know how people WEREN'T expecting E3 to be cancelled. Also, a Direct tends to happen in March, so that isn't hard to predict either.

They also said BOTW 2 and Metroid would be in the March direct, which obviously didn't happen.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So someone has made a ballot and tried to make it the most voted smash ballot ever, and Heavy has gotten 1st place:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just a note that Heavy might've gotten so many votes because someone posted this ballot in r/tf2, and please remember that this was done for fun.

Someone has also send this to Gaben Newell and received an answer back from Gaben himself:

tf2 for smash.jpg

Edit: picture is taken from the heavy for smash discord.

Last edited:

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
So someone has made a ballot and tried to make it the most voted smash ballot ever, and Heavy has gotten 1st place:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just a note that Heavy might've gotten so many votes because someone posted this ballot in r/tf2, and please remember that this was done for fun.

Someone has also send this to Gaben Newell and received an answer back from Gaben himself:

Edit: picture is taken from the heavy for smash discord.

Glad that our heavy weapons guy is proven popular with Smash Twitter, at least.

Also Monokuma over Isaac and Shadow? That's a win in my eyes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I heard about the ballot on Steam, myself. It gives me just a little more hope for the big guy's chances.

If this is really the last round of DLC for Ultimate, then it's now or never for him, just as much as it is for every other potential newcomer. His inclusion would have very likely have already been decided on by now.

The dream is still there. And there's a real chance for it, however small it might seem.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I picture Heavy's Final Smash having him and the other 8 classes (Soldier, Pyro, Scout, Medic, Demoman, Spy, Sniper and Engineer) beating up and pummelling the opponents. (Including Civilian, who was the cut 10th class alongside them.)

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
You know the thing with the boxing stage where if you hold the shoulder buttons it changes to the punch out!!! design? Imagine if the tf2 stage (say, upward) had a special version done by holding L&R where it becomes its pyroland form (i.e. Projectiles become rainbows and confetti, everything is retextured with the pyroland textures from TF2, all attack hit noises are replaced by laughter, Et. Etc.)

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
I picture Heavy's Final Smash having him and the other 8 classes (Soldier, Pyro, Scout, Medic, Demoman, Spy, Sniper and Engineer) beating up and pummelling the opponents. (Including Civilian, who was the cut 10th class alongside them.)
I like this, nothing fancy l, they're just pummelling the opponent to death

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
This may not mean much at the moment, but they're adding the Valve costumes from the Steam version of Fall Guys to the PS4 version.

For those of you who don't know, Fall Guys on Steam has a couple of costumes based of Valve's properties, including the Scout from TF2.

This would mean that, if Fall Guys ever gets released on Switch, we might also be able to get those Valve costumes on the Switch version, which would mean that this could be the first time Team Fortress 2 gets referenced on a Nintendo console.

Again, this wouldn't mean much in the end, but it'd still be a cool addition to have.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
This may not mean much at the moment, but they're adding the Valve costumes from the Steam version of Fall Guys to the PS4 version.

For those of you who don't know, Fall Guys on Steam has a couple of costumes based of Valve's properties, including the Scout from TF2.

This would mean that, if Fall Guys ever gets released on Switch, we might also be able to get those Valve costumes on the Switch version, which would mean that this could be the first time Team Fortress 2 gets referenced on a Nintendo console.

Again, this wouldn't mean much in the end, but it'd still be a cool addition to have.
Ah, the Cloud Strife way to get into Smash.

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
He is here to crush bones of puny smash fighters! The Heavy Weapons guy is one of my oddball choices, but one I feel would be super fun to play as. His cartoonish appearance makes him a natural fit to the realm of smash so lets see that this beautiful wall of a mann could bring to the table...let's just hope he doesn't flip it

Stats: Heavy would, unsurprisingly, be a super heavyweight fighter-the 3rd heaviest in fact right behind K Rool and Bowser-with sluggish mobility-being the 4th slowest character on the roster, only slightly faster then Puff. He would have 2 jumps and the ability to crawl

Gimmick: Heavy can crit. That's it. Just like in his home game, all of his moves have a chance to crit. Its not as powerful as Hero's crits though

Standard Attacks:

Jab: Heavy would have a 2 hit jab that has him punch one at a time with his bare fists

Dash Attack: Heavy would pull out Sasha and slam her forward Reference to Meet the Spy

Side Tilt: Straight punch, has longer range then his basic jab

Up Tilt: Heavy would perform an uppercut.

Down Tilt: Low to the ground hook punch

Neutral Air: 2 punches just like his jab

Forward Air: Slams both his fists down in front of him like Donkey Kong. Spikes at the sweet spot

Back Air: Turns and fires a shell from his shot gun

Up Air: Swings a frying pan overhead from back to front

Down Air: Flips down and punches. Spikes at the sweet spot

Forward Smash: In a similar vain to K Rool, Heavy would put on his Killing Gloves of Boxing and punch forward for a powerful hit

Up Smash: Heavy performs an uppercut while wearing his Fists of Steel. Of all his basic moves, this one has the highest chance to crit

Down Smash: does 2 quick uppercuts on either side of him while wearing the Warrior's Spirit

Grab and Throws:

Heavy would grab with both arms and pummel with a headbutt.

Forward Throw: Punches them hard in the stomach, sending them flying forward

Back Throw: Turns and punches the opponent away

Up Throw: Tosses them into the air before grabbing their torso and slamming them into the ground

Down Throw: Lifts them up and breaks their back on his knee, making them fall to the floor

Specials:

Neutral Special: Minigun. Heavy would pull out his favorite Mini Gun, Sasha, and after 3 seconds of wind up will begin to fire a spread of bullets forward. There's a fair bit to talk about so i'll just write it in list format
  1. The attack will go for as long as you hold the button down, but if you go for 8 seconds you will be forced to stop. The attack has a 4 second cool down if you do
  2. The bullets' damage and knockback scale with how far you are. If your opponent is right next to you then it deals about 2% per second and makes them flinch. But at farther distances it will only do about .1 damage and no flinching.
  3. These are not treated as projectiles, just a long hitbox.
  4. Heavy cannot turn around, run or jump while the move is active, but can crouch, crawl and move forward slowly.
  5. You can slightly angle the attack up or down but cannot go vertically straight
Up Special: Engi's Teleporter. The Heavy is not known for his mobility. Luckily, his buddy the Engineer is here to help! Activating the attack will have a Teleporter appear below Heavy and another one within a fixed radius to him. Heavy will then instantly teleport to the other one. This will put him into free fall. The teleporters can also teleport OTHER players who happen to be to close to Heavy or the second teleporter when they activate. This could be used by the Heavy to try and trick his opponent into going into the blastzone

Down Special: Sandvich. Heavy pulls out his favorite snack and begins to munch on it. If he manages to eat it without interuption for about 8 seconds, he will heal 50%! This comes at a cost however, Heavy has a meter near his % that shows when he can eat his Sandvich that builds up overtime. If Heavy tries to eat before its filled the move will not do anything. If Heavy shields while eating, he will drop the sandvich on the ground. This cuts his wait time in half but eating it like this only heals 10%. But this could be used to heal your teammates.

Side Special: Gloves of Running Urgently. Heavy equips the GRU and dashes forward with a punch. Pressing side special again will have him glide again with another punch but it won't do as much damage as the first punch and also travels half the distance.

Final Smash:
Ubercharge

Heavy calls out "DOCTOR!" The Medic then appears and announces "VE ARE INVINCIBLE!" as he ubercharges Heavy. The Heavy then unleashes a storm of bullets forward. This acts in a similar way to Samus's final smash; a large 'beam' that damages foes and launches them away

Cosmetics:

The Heavy's default would be red
Blu Heavy
Red Heavy wearing the Grand Duchess set
Blu Heavy wearing the FrankenHeavy set
Red Heavy wearing the Minsk Beast set
Blu Heavy wearing the Kaptain's Kaftan and Mann-o-war
Red Heavy wearing the Old Man Frost and Gift Bringer
Robo Heavy

Heavy's intro has him parachute in

His Idle Animation shows him take a breath, then flex

His first taunt has him slap his knee and laugh

His second has him cuddle with his Minigame

His last taunt has him use his 'Showdown' taunt. If a foe is in front of Heavy and close enough to him, it will deal damage and knockback

His first victory animation has him performing the kazotsky kick

His second has him laughing at his opponents

His third shows him in a dance party with his team as the camera zooms in on him and he smirks

His victory theme is the Tf2 victory theme

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
He is here to crush bones of puny smash fighters! The Heavy Weapons guy is one of my oddball choices, but one I feel would be super fun to play as. His cartoonish appearance makes him a natural fit to the realm of smash so lets see that this beautiful wall of a mann could bring to the table...let's just hope he doesn't flip it

Stats: Heavy would, unsurprisingly, be a super heavyweight fighter-the 3rd heaviest in fact right behind K Rool and Bowser-with sluggish mobility-being the 4th slowest character on the roster, only slightly faster then Puff. He would have 2 jumps and the ability to crawl

Gimmick: Heavy can crit. That's it. Just like in his home game, all of his moves have a chance to crit. Its not as powerful as Hero's crits though

Standard Attacks:

Jab: Heavy would have a 2 hit jab that has him punch one at a time with his bare fists

Dash Attack: Heavy would pull out Sasha and slam her forward Reference to Meet the Spy

Side Tilt: Straight punch, has longer range then his basic jab

Up Tilt: Heavy would perform an uppercut.

Down Tilt: Low to the ground hook punch

Neutral Air: 2 punches just like his jab

Forward Air: Slams both his fists down in front of him like Donkey Kong. Spikes at the sweet spot

Back Air: Turns and fires a shell from his shot gun

Up Air: Swings a frying pan overhead from back to front

Down Air: Flips down and punches. Spikes at the sweet spot

Forward Smash: In a similar vain to K Rool, Heavy would put on his Killing Gloves of Boxing and punch forward for a powerful hit

Up Smash: Heavy performs an uppercut while wearing his Fists of Steel. Of all his basic moves, this one has the highest chance to crit

Down Smash: does 2 quick uppercuts on either side of him while wearing the Warrior's Spirit

Grab and Throws:

Heavy would grab with both arms and pummel with a headbutt.

Forward Throw: Punches them hard in the stomach, sending them flying forward

Back Throw: Turns and punches the opponent away

Up Throw: Tosses them into the air before grabbing their torso and slamming them into the ground

Down Throw: Lifts them up and breaks their back on his knee, making them fall to the floor

Specials:

Neutral Special: Minigun. Heavy would pull out his favorite Mini Gun, Sasha, and after 3 seconds of wind up will begin to fire a spread of bullets forward. There's a fair bit to talk about so i'll just write it in list format
  1. The attack will go for as long as you hold the button down, but if you go for 8 seconds you will be forced to stop. The attack has a 4 second cool down if you do
  2. The bullets' damage and knockback scale with how far you are. If your opponent is right next to you then it deals about 2% per second and makes them flinch. But at farther distances it will only do about .1 damage and no flinching.
  3. These are not treated as projectiles, just a long hitbox.
  4. Heavy cannot turn around, run or jump while the move is active, but can crouch, crawl and move forward slowly.
  5. You can slightly angle the attack up or down but cannot go vertically straight
Up Special: Engi's Teleporter. The Heavy is not known for his mobility. Luckily, his buddy the Engineer is here to help! Activating the attack will have a Teleporter appear below Heavy and another one within a fixed radius to him. Heavy will then instantly teleport to the other one. This will put him into free fall. The teleporters can also teleport OTHER players who happen to be to close to Heavy or the second teleporter when they activate. This could be used by the Heavy to try and trick his opponent into going into the blastzone

Down Special: Sandvich. Heavy pulls out his favorite snack and begins to munch on it. If he manages to eat it without interuption for about 8 seconds, he will heal 50%! This comes at a cost however, Heavy has a meter near his % that shows when he can eat his Sandvich that builds up overtime. If Heavy tries to eat before its filled the move will not do anything. If Heavy shields while eating, he will drop the sandvich on the ground. This cuts his wait time in half but eating it like this only heals 10%. But this could be used to heal your teammates.

Side Special: Gloves of Running Urgently. Heavy equips the GRU and dashes forward with a punch. Pressing side special again will have him glide again with another punch but it won't do as much damage as the first punch and also travels half the distance.

Final Smash:
Ubercharge

Heavy calls out "DOCTOR!" The Medic then appears and announces "VE ARE INVINCIBLE!" as he ubercharges Heavy. The Heavy then unleashes a storm of bullets forward. This acts in a similar way to Samus's final smash; a large 'beam' that damages foes and launches them away

Cosmetics:

The Heavy's default would be red
Blu Heavy
Red Heavy wearing the Grand Duchess set
Blu Heavy wearing the FrankenHeavy set
Red Heavy wearing the Minsk Beast set
Blu Heavy wearing the Kaptain's Kaftan and Mann-o-war
Red Heavy wearing the Old Man Frost and Gift Bringer
Robo Heavy

Heavy's intro has him parachute in

His Idle Animation shows him take a breath, then flex

His first taunt has him slap his knee and laugh

His second has him cuddle with his Minigame

His last taunt has him use his 'Showdown' taunt. If a foe is in front of Heavy and close enough to him, it will deal damage and knockback

His first victory animation has him performing the kazotsky kick

His second has him laughing at his opponents

His third shows him in a dance party with his team as the camera zooms in on him and he smirks

His victory theme is the Tf2 victory theme
Imagine random crits in Smash Bros. If you thought the TF2 community got pissed about that, wait until you see the Smash community.

Overall, good concept for Heavy btw

Top Bottom