• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ready to crush some babies!- The Heavy(TF2) Support thread

Do you want the heavy in?

• Yes!

Votes: 119 88.8%
  • NO!

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Idk...

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Who the heck is he?

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hello Heavy Fans, did anyone of you catch this post?
https://twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1170842576125140992
it's suppose to show what results are for characters from Japan, USA,and Europe for characters, but what's surprising is that heavy is on the europe's most wanted list.
Not big surprise. Good chunk of Russia is in Europe after all and they love their online shooters. Especially one where the Russian is the face of the game and not the resident dumb-dumb (Mr. nothing-but-teleport-bread-for-three-days fills that role).

The strength of Team Fortress goes beyond it's gameplay and into it's characterisation and it's charm. Garry's mod started with Half-Life but the Team Fortress characters are almost always the main characters of any machinima.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I absolutely lend my support! TF2 is among my most favorite games of all time. It's unique for a FPS and a whole lot of fun. Definitely hope to see it represented on the Switch and in Smash some day.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
your face when Heavy weapons guy is confirmed for smash, but is confirmed that valve is going to develop the character, and when valve is asked when we can expect the character to launch, the say...

"soon"

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
your face when Heavy weapons guy is confirmed for smash, but is confirmed that valve is going to develop the character, and when valve is asked when we can expect the character to launch, the say...

"soon"
dont do that, dont make me sad

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I have Heavy in my pretend Super Smash Bros Eternity roster.
If you want to see it, go to Hypothetical Smash Reboot and it's on page 4.

Last edited:

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I think the original post should be edited, it looks pretty sloppy and should use a fixer-upper.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
question, what do you think it will be more likely? Heavy in smash? or the heavy update releasing this decade?

Edit: ok, that was weird... sorry for the quadreuple post

Last edited:

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
question, what do you think it will be more likely? Heavy in smash? or the heavy update releasing this decade?

Edit: ok, that was weird... sorry for the quadreuple post
Well, TF2 doesn't seem to have a very strong presence in Japan (or FPS's) in general; and if Valve selects a representative, their first choice would probably be Gordan Freeman.
It's somewhat of a long shot, but Heavy still has a chance. It's certainly not a prerequisite, but it would help if TF2 was released on the Switch. It's a very popular game that can generate a great deal of revenue, and Heavy's inclusion would introduce it to Japan and perhaps popularize it even more.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Well, TF2 doesn't seem to have a very strong presence in Japan (or FPS's) in general; and if Valve selects a representative, their first choice would probably be Gordan Freeman.
It's somewhat of a long shot, but Heavy still has a chance. It's certainly not a prerequisite, but it would help if TF2 was released on the Switch. It's a very popular game that can generate a great deal of revenue, and Heavy's inclusion would introduce it to Japan and perhaps popularize it even more.
Well, Valve has created exclusive arcade games for Japan, in the likes of the Left 4 Dead, Half-life and Counter-strike series. But overall, Valve isn't really popular in Japan, so yeah, they should release some games on the Switch. Also, we must spread our demand for it.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I've had fond memories of playing the 1000+ hours that i did on TF2, still a fantastic game years later. You can count me in on that support list, would be great to get a heavyweight 3rd party character with Heavy!

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Whelp, looks like I'm back again with another moveset. I had been stewing on the idea of putting all nine mercs into one moveset for a while as I wanted to try my hand at seeing if it were possible, and I think I may have finally come to a workable conclusion:

The RED Team Moveset.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/48975649392/in/dateposted-public/

I realize this is a major stretch, but I feel like this would just barely be possible if done a similar way to Duck Hunt, in that it's multiple characters combined to function as one entity, unlike the Ice Climbers. Feel free to use it in the OP if you'd like!

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I sold my left kidney in a dark demonic ritual to get Joker in, and I would happily sell my right one to get Heavy in. Count me in.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing rumors that Gorden Freeman might be fighter #5.
That's very doubtful honestly.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Vergeben deconfirmed a whole bunch of characters today, including pretty much every frontrunner.

While I think we're deconfirmed since Gaben broke NDA, we're in a better position for FP5 than the others.

Also add me to the support list plz I'm new to this thread

Naptec

Smash Cadet
Hey, just coming by to ask to add me on the list, Heavy would be hella dope in Smash

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
Heavy would be god tier, with his foony Mittens, 2 op for samshs.

Also for alts, tough guys toque on one is a must!

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Whelp, I don't know if anyone has said anything about it in this thread, or have heard, but the Soldier from Team Fortress 2's voice actor Rick May just recently died due to the virus. I had a Solly moveset that I had written a good while ago that I had never made into an image, due to favoring a moveset that somehow incorporated all of the mercs in one, so it ended up getting shelved.
Due to the circumstances, I figured this was a good time to finally finish it and sort of dedicate this to Rick May I guess.

Here's a link to it on Flickr, since Smashboards severely scales down images and will make it really hard to read: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49782684351/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

Additionally, since I never posted this in this thread when I made it a while ago, I also have an entirely revamped version of The RED Team moveset to post:

Team Fortress Smash Bros Moveset.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49782749761/in/dateposted-public/

I know neither of these are directly Heavy related, but I figured this was the best place to post them for any kind of record.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Additionally, since I never posted this in this thread when I made it a while ago, I also have an entirely revamped version of The RED Team moveset to post:
I'm not sure if animations can be recycled among all the classes without ruining the Heavy's bulk. I think it'd be best to just stick to Scout/Heavy/Spy.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if animations can be recycled among all the classes without ruining the Heavy's bulk. I think it'd be best to just stick to Scout/Heavy/Spy.
yeah, I made that moveset a little while ago, and I've since changed my stance on animation sharing like that. That being said, I feel like there could be some form of minor edits to the shared ones to fit with Heavy or something. I don't really know much about that part of character development admittedly.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Whelp, I don't know if anyone has said anything about it in this thread, or have heard, but the Soldier from Team Fortress 2's voice actor Rick May just recently died due to the virus. I had a Solly moveset that I had written a good while ago that I had never made into an image, due to favoring a moveset that somehow incorporated all of the mercs in one, so it ended up getting shelved.
Due to the circumstances, I figured this was a good time to finally finish it and sort of dedicate this to Rick May I guess.

Here's a link to it on Flickr, since Smashboards severely scales down images and will make it really hard to read: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49782684351/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

View attachment 269445

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49782749761/in/dateposted-public/

I know neither of these are directly Heavy related, but I figured this was the best place to post them for any kind of record.
i can't make out what the normal attacks suggests from words, can you try to maybe size it up a little?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
i can't make out what the normal attacks suggests from words, can you try to maybe size it up a little?
Click on the flickr links.

yeah, I made that moveset a little while ago, and I've since changed my stance on animation sharing like that. That being said, I feel like there could be some form of minor edits to the shared ones to fit with Heavy or something. I don't really know much about that part of character development admittedly.
After posting what I posted last night, I did remember that someone had converted all the TF2 classes into player models for Sven Co-Op...except for Heavy. So yeah, Heavy's proportions are indeed a problem.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Are you looking at the image on Flickr? If they still aren't visible by then, then you may need to download the image. The resolution and size are a little low since some websites don't allow for it to be past a certain size.

Click on the flickr links.

After posting what I posted last night, I did remember that someone had converted all the TF2 classes into player models for Sven Co-Op...except for Heavy. So yeah, Heavy's proportions are indeed a problem.
I can see how that'd be a problem then lol. The heavy would then need to have his own animations, however, based on what you're saying with every other character being able to fit onto the same skeleton does raise the possibility of everyone else sharing animations to a degree.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I can see how that'd be a problem then lol. The heavy would then need to have his own animations, however, based on what you're saying with every other character being able to fit onto the same skeleton does raise the possibility of everyone else sharing animations to a degree.
That's why I had the idea of you just controlling the Heavy, but you have a dedicated Special where you can summon the other classes. With this new knowledge in mind, it seems much more possible.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Are you looking at the image on Flickr? If they still aren't visible by then, then you may need to download the image. The resolution and size are a little low since some websites don't allow for it to be past a certain size.

thanks, i already clicked on the link.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I got some bad news. Not involving Smash, but I think people should be aware of it.

The Source Code for multiplayer Valve games, including TF2 and CS:Go has been leaked, allowing hackers to exploit it and hack into people's computers. I think it would be best for all of us (both inside and outside of this thread) to stay off Steam-related software in addition to TF2 and CS:Go (just to be safe), especially multiplayer games, until further notice.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I heard about that. AFAIK, it's only TF2 and CS:GO that are affected right now, so Steam as a whole should be safe. Still, I'd definitely stay off those two games in particular (along with any other multiplayer Source games like GMod just to be safe) and remove any payment info that might be associated with your Steam account just in case something does happen to Steam itself.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I got some bad news. Not involving Smash, but I think people should be aware of it.

The Source Code for multiplayer Valve games, including TF2 and CS:Go has been leaked, allowing hackers to exploit it and hack into people's computers. I think it would be best for all of us (both inside and outside of this thread) to stay off Steam-related software in addition to TF2 and CS:Go (just to be safe), especially multiplayer games, until further notice.
Damn...

I literally started playing tf2 again about 2 weeks ago.

Thankfully I haven’t been on since then, but still this is kinda scary.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Bots that can crash servers, Rick May's death, and now this...

...This really is the single worst month in TF2 history isn't it?

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Bots that can crash servers, Rick May's death, and now this...

...This really is the single worst month in TF2 history isn't it?

Well, I've got some good news... The RCE glitch that allowed people to hack into others computers turned out to be a hoax. The game's source code did indeed leak, but it is completely fine to play as of now! Looks like yet another major blow that TF2 has survived!

we are going to live forever.gif

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Heavy is never gonna happen but ****, I'd love it if it did.

Top Bottom