• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ready to crush some babies!- The Heavy(TF2) Support thread

Do you want the heavy in?

• Yes!

Votes: 119 88.8%
  • NO!

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Idk...

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Who the heck is he?

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Wish Valve had a good or ANY relationship with Nintendo, with literally nothing happening with Nintendo and Valve, this seems like just a dream backed up by people saying they want it to happen. Then theres the fact Japan doesn't exactly have a big TF2 presence. The only way I could see this happening anytime soon (not this fighters pass since TF2 being in smash has only just became popular) is if Gabe Newell himself meets Sakurai and asks for Valve stuff in smash bros and I just don't think modern day Gabe is like that anyway.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wish Valve had a good or ANY relationship with Nintendo, with literally nothing happening with Nintendo and Valve, this seems like just a dream backed up by people saying they want it to happen. Then theres the fact Japan doesn't exactly have a big TF2 presence. The only way I could see this happening anytime soon (not this fighters pass since TF2 being in smash has only just became popular) is if Gabe Newell himself meets Sakurai and asks for Valve stuff in smash bros and I just don't think modern day Gabe is like that anyway.
Closest we've gotten thus far is a Portal spinoff on the Switch but it's on EVERY other console too including Android so make of that what you will.

In fact Nintendo is the only console competitor that never had the Orange Box on it...although Team Fortress 2 sucked on Xbox and PS3 due to no updates whatsoever. I don't even think Pyro could airblast back then.

I brought Valve up in a topic about a Western version of Smash, as people were questioning which western company could realistically have enough IPs of recognisable to come even semi close to Nintendo's roster.
Between Half Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Dota, Counter Strike and of course, Team Fortress 2, I think they'd be a fun choice in a hypothetical western 'smash' style game.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I brought Valve up in a topic about a Western version of Smash, as people were questioning which western company could realistically have enough IPs of recognisable to come even semi close to Nintendo's roster.
Between Half Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Dota, Counter Strike and of course, Team Fortress 2, I think they'd be a fun choice in a hypothetical western 'smash' style game.
I just worry that all of that was AGES ago now and is basically just western influence, Japan wise I don't think Valve is anywhere near what it was for west. Minecraft used to have very little in japan but its a worldwide hit now so it being in smash wont be as weird as it would've been a few years ago.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Venus asked a thing in the Social thread yesterday about adding a series with the amount of content they'd have so I figured I'd do it for the Heavy.
Figured I'd share it here to since it fits.
- - - - - - -
Ok guys, let’s say you could add an entirely new series to Smash along with a represented character. The following are what you can add:

1. A character
  2. A stage
  3. Twelve musical tracks
  4. 8-12 Spirits
  5. A trailer for the character
Be as descriptive as you want. I’ll put mine up later this evening.
Sounds like fun.

A character with a heavier focus on Close/Mid-Range, the Heavy would be unique take on the "heavy" formula as he'd be more of a traditional Tank than the average Large Fighter.
His normals primary uses his fists, with some of his firearms being thrown in for a few moves for variety. But the key to his kit would incorpate his Minigun and Shotgun. Which, like in Team Fortress, would act as hit-scan weapons. Meaning they wouldn't be able to reflected, but depending on how close the opponent is to the Heavy the power and knockback is adjusted accordingly. He'd also be able to heal himself significantly with the use of a Sandvich, perhaps only having access to one per stock. I would assume his speed and long range would be pretty bad comparatively to other fighters, so this could his major tool to help deal with camping players. Also, what's more rewarding after landing a KO than having a snack?

This Map is pretty iconic outside of the regular Team Fortress community. I'm not really sure what the best layout for the stage would be, but ideally it should take place in the center of the map, on the bridge. Throughout the match, members of the RED and BLU team are making their way across the map fighting each other, and the Fighters are caught in the crossfire. Rockets flying by the roof of the bridge, Pyros, Scouts, Demoknights crossing the bridge, Snipers and Sentry Guns aiming for the opposing team on the battlements, etc. Just a lot of chaos waiting to happen, but fighters can damage and KO these NPCs. Occasionally one of these Team members may carry the opposing team's intelligence, and if they were to make it through to their team's side eventually they will be granted Crits upon capturing. Meaning any attack from a NPC on that team will be much much scarier for a short timeframe.

I think for an "obvious" pick, it can offer a lot fun nonsense that really fits the mood and environment of your usual TF2 match.

The TF2 Soundtrack is pretty varied, a lot of the songs could be remixed to fit the game's mood, but overall I think most of them would be fine the way they are.
Team Fortress 2 (Main Theme)
Playing with Danger
Rocket Jump Waltz*
The Art of War
Right Behind You
Intruder Alert!
Drunken Pipe Bomb
Faster than a Speeding Bullet
More Gun
MEDIC!
ROBOTS!
Soldiers of Dance

*Granted, Rocket Jump Waltz could use an extension at least.

These are pretty straight forward.
The Scout:ultsonic:
- The enemy loves to taunt
- The enemy starts the battle with a Homerun Bat
- The enemy is easily distracted by items
- Beastballs appear at a high rate

The Soldier:ultsnake:
- The enemy favors side specials
- The enemy's explosion and fire attacks have increased power

The Pyro:ultsamus:
- The enemy starts the battle with a Fire Flower
- The enemy breathes fire after a little while

The Demoman:ultike:
- The enemy's dash deals damage
- The enemy favors dash attack
- The enemy favors side special
- The enemy's side special has increased power

The Engineer:ultmario:
- The enemy starts the battle with a Killer Eye
- Healing Fields and Killer Eyes appear at a high rate

The Medic:ultdoc: w/ (The Heavy)
- Defeat the main fighter to win
- The enemy tends to avoid conflict
- The enemy turns invincible after a little while
- The enemy heals after a little while

The Sniper:ultlink:
- The enemy starts the battle with a Staff
- The enemy's neutral special has increased attack

The Spy:ultjoker:
- The enemy will suddenly turn invisible
- The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
- The enemy's Sword attacks have increased power

Saxton Hale:ultfalcon:
- The enemy's melee attacks have increased power
- The enemy has increased jump height
- Certain Pokemon will spawn from Poke Balls (Abomasnow)

Miss Pauling:ultisabelle:
- The enemy starts the battle with a Ray Gun
- The enemy is giant (bigger only to reach closer to Pauling's height)
- The enemy's item has more ammunition
- The enemy's item has increased power

Robots (The Heavy) w/ :ultsonic::ultsnake::ultsamus::ultike::ultmario::ultlink::ultjoker::ultdoc:
- The enemy is metal
- Reinforcements will appear during the battle
- The enemy will suddenly be invincible

It would have to be a take on the "Meet the" Series, with snippets of gameplay between the interview instead of animated cutscenes.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Venus asked a thing in the Social thread yesterday about adding a series with the amount of content they'd have so I figured I'd do it for the Heavy.
- - - - - - -

Sounds like fun.

A character with a heavier focus on Close/Mid-Range, the Heavy would be unique take on the "heavy" formula as he'd be more of a traditional Tank than the average Large Fighter.
His normals primary uses his fists, with some of his firearms being thrown in for a few moves for variety. But the key to his kit would incorpate his Minigun and Shotgun. Which, like in Team Fortress, would act as hit-scan weapons. Meaning they wouldn't be able to reflected, but depending on how close the opponent is to the Heavy the power and knockback is adjusted accordingly. He'd also be able to heal himself significantly with the use of a Sandvich, perhaps only having access to one per stock. I would assume his speed and long range would be pretty bad comparatively to other fighters, so this could his major tool to help deal with camping players. Also, what's more rewarding after landing a KO than having a snack?

This Map is pretty iconic outside of the regular Team Fortress community. I'm not really sure what the best layout for the stage would be, but ideally it should take place in the center of the map, on the bridge. Throughout the match, members of the RED and BLU team are making their way across the map fighting each other, and the Fighters are caught in the crossfire. Rockets flying by the roof of the bridge, Pyros, Scouts, Demoknights crossing the bridge, Snipers and Sentry Guns aiming for the opposing team on the battlements, etc. Just a lot of chaos waiting to happen, but fighters can damage and KO these NPCs. Occasionally one of these Team members may carry the opposing team's intelligence, and if they were to make it through to their team's side eventually they will be granted Crits upon capturing. Meaning any attack from a NPC on that team will be much much scarier for a short timeframe.

I think for an "obvious" pick, it can offer a lot fun nonsense that really fits the mood and environment of your usual TF2 match.

The TF2 Soundtrack is pretty varied, a lot of the songs could be remixed to fit the game's mood, but overall I think most of them would be fine the way they are.
Playing with Danger
Rocket Jump Waltz*
The Art of War
Right Behind You
Intruder Alert!
Drunken Pipe Bomb
More Gun
MEDIC!
ROBOTS!
Soldiers of Dance

Robots (The Heavy) w/ :ultsonic::ultsnake::ultsamus::ultike::ultmario::ultlink::ultjoker::ultdoc:
- The enemy is metal

It would have to be a take on the "Meet the" Series, with snippets of gameplay between the interview instead of animated cutscenes.
This is really awesome! I didn't think I could want this more, but now I think I do! And I agree. An extended remix of Rocket Jump Waltz is a necessity.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT PRETTIEST PRINCESS HEAVY WEAPONS GUY FOR SMASH, YOU ARE BIG BABY WHO NEEDS DIAPER CHANGE!!!

I support. This would probably be one of the funniest characters in the roster, and I hope he utters tons of quotes during the battle after using certain attacks, and eliminating opponents. Also when his teammates die, he better start calling them babies! Everything he does should follow with a funny voice line. Same with taunts, victory animations, and during defeat.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This is really awesome! I didn't think I could want this more, but now I think I do! And I agree. An extended remix of Rocket Jump Waltz is a necessity.
Thank you! I always thought it'd be neat to see Heavy in Smash, but I never really thought more about it than like a basic special moveset.

TF2 seems to actually have a pretty decent amount to offer content-wise. I also thought that it would be really neat if the Mii Fighters got some costumes based on a couple other IPs. Specifically like...
Gordan Freeman (Half-Life) :ultswordfighter:
Chell (Portal) :ultgunner:

I initially thought a stage from Portal would probably be a lot more interesting than a TF2 map, but I think the chaotic nature of your average match would do a lot to make it interesting. Not sure how well it function in 8-player Smash though, would need to limit the amount of RED and BLU characters running around there are more characters.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Anything TF2 would be a godsend. Though, knowing Valve and the lack of TF2 related things on Nintendo systems it really seems next to impossible. We can still hope!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder what they would do with Heavy's alts. Obviously there would need to be red and blue, but what is TF2 representation without hats? They would be doing something similar to the Villager, except a little more in depth.

What sort of cosmetic Heavy kits would you like to see as alts?

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
You know, I wonder what they would do with Heavy's alts. Obviously there would need to be red and blue, but what is TF2 representation without hats? They would be doing something similar to the Villager, except a little more in depth.

I could definitely see them going full Inkling and decking him out Red and Blu with cool-looking cosmetic combos that are available in TF2. If they were to go simpler, however, they'd probably do hats important to the Heavy or TF2 as a whole like the Football Helm, Officer's Ushanka, Mann Co. Cap, Ghastly Gibus, or even Towering Pillar of Hats.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I could definitely see them going full Inkling and decking him out Red and Blu with cool-looking cosmetic combos that are available in TF2. If they were to go simpler, however, they'd probably do hats important to the Heavy or TF2 as a whole like the Football Helm, Officer's Ushanka, Mann Co. Cap, Ghastly Gibus, or even Towering Pillar of Hats.
Dang it, this just made me realize the Inkling was a better comparison that the Villager. On the bright side, that likely means they would do full Heavy kits like they did with the Inkling. And those are all great hat choices, though I think they would stick with hats that are close to the Heavy's normal model as to prevent any clipping or footstool weirdness. Sorry Towering Pillar of Hats, you are just too big for Smash.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Here are my ideas for the character i'd like to share. I imagine his final smash being kinda like Megaman. It would make the dueling mini game theme after the final smash is activated and then it brings the victim into a colored background. The victim would then be shot by the mini gun of an ubered Heavy (with Medic standing idle), Sentry guns (with Engie repairing from behind) and a Pyro using his flamethrower as well as Soldier shooting crit rockets. An assist trophy could be Spy. He will be Invisible and would be trying to back stab you or shooting his revolver which make you flinch at most but do like 15 damage. Back stabs result in a 50% damage. One of Heavy's victory poses could be his stock mini gun taunt where he hugs his mini gun. Even better, one could be the mannrobics, Kazotsky kick, and one referencing his meet the Heavy debut where he was shooting at the end. As for the 2fort stage, one hazard could be snipers that try to hit and a crosshair moves around the screen.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Dang it, this just made me realize the Inkling was a better comparison that the Villager. On the bright side, that likely means they would do full Heavy kits like they did with the Inkling. And those are all great hat choices, though I think they would stick with hats that are close to the Heavy's normal model as to prevent any clipping or footstool weirdness. Sorry Towering Pillar of Hats, you are just too big for Smash.
Now that I think about it a bit more, yeah, the towering pillar seems a bit much.
Here are my ideas for the character i'd like to share. I imagine his final smash being kinda like Megaman. It would make the dueling mini game theme after the final smash is activated and then it brings the victim into a colored background. The victim would then be shot by the mini gun of an ubered Heavy (with Medic standing idle), Sentry guns (with Engie repairing from behind) and a Pyro using his flamethrower as well as Soldier shooting crit rockets. An assist trophy could be Spy. He will be Invisible and would be trying to back stab you or shooting his revolver which make you flinch at most but do like 15 damage. Back stabs result in a 50% damage. One of Heavy's victory poses could be his stock mini gun taunt where he hugs his mini gun. Even better, one could be the mannrobics, Kazotsky kick, and one referencing his meet the Heavy debut where he was shooting at the end. As for the 2fort stage, one hazard could be snipers that try to hit and a crosshair moves around the screen.
That's some pretty fantastic representation. You've got 7 out of 9 mercs, so I can't help but feel the Scout and Demoman should get some love too. Maybe just spirits? Or also as stage hazards or background elements? There's so many possibilities! Alternatively, you could just go overboard and have the whole team assist for the Final Smash.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
- - - - - - -

Sounds like fun.

Playing with Danger
Rocket Jump Waltz*
The Art of War
Right Behind You
Intruder Alert!
Drunken Pipe Bomb
More Gun
MEDIC!
ROBOTS!
Soldiers of Dance

- The enemy is metal

Great Ideas, i do love the music that you listed on here, i just listen to them while imagining the spirit battles and regular battles in my head.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

All I know is that Heavy absolutely needs a Gibus alt. If Heavy gets in this game and he doesn't have a Gibus alt, I'm boycotting.

jk, of course, but i still really want it

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, if Heavy were to get in, there would likely be some TF2 cross promotion items for the Heavy. Would fit very meatly with a Heavy update. Maybe he would get something like the Heavy Splatling?
Now that I think about it a bit more, yeah, the towering pillar seems a bit much.

That's some pretty fantastic representation. You've got 7 out of 9 mercs, so I can't help but feel the Scout and Demoman should get some love too. Maybe just spirits? Or also as stage hazards or background elements? There's so many possibilities! Alternatively, you could just go overboard and have the whole team assist for the Final Smash.
I imagine they would all be spirits. Having a TF2 match in the background of the stage would be a nice detail as well.
All I know is that Heavy absolutely needs a Gibus alt. If Heavy gets in this game and he doesn't have a Gibus alt, I'm boycotting.

jk, of course, but i still really want it
Yeah, it really does need to be there. Bonus points if he is also wearing the Pyrovision goggles.

Considering Sakuri is a fan of Jojo, I think the Starboard Crusader and Tsar Platinum could make it in as a alt.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
- - - - - - -

Sounds like fun.

Playing with Danger
Rocket Jump Waltz*
The Art of War
Right Behind You
Intruder Alert!
Drunken Pipe Bomb
More Gun
MEDIC!
ROBOTS!
Soldiers of Dance

- The enemy is metal

They should do a new remix of the unused upgrade station music!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I have a question that we should really consider when it comes to the Heavy in Smash. What would TF2 be like if it were to be put onto the Switch? After all, the Switch does have it's different applications when compared to previous console ports.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
You know, I have a question that we should really consider when it comes to the Heavy in Smash. What would TF2 be like if it were to be put onto the Switch? After all, the Switch does have it's different applications when compared to previous console ports.
I'm not too familiar with FPSs on Switch though there could probably be an option where you aim with the joycons. I don't think a Switch port would have all of the workshop options or custom maps.

A Switch port probably won't happen though since Valve won't even bother updating the PC version anymore (we're still getting 2018 winter crate drops lol).

JaxOnThat

Smash Rookie
Yes, this is a serious thread.

I honestly believe Team Fortress 2 would be a cool new universe for Smash. It would definitely be a surprise pick that nobody sees coming, and those always make great DLC. I also think it could lend itself to a really fun character and stage. And lastly, TF2 has inspired so many games, and pioneered so many new gaming trends in general, that in a compendium of gaming's greats, a character from TF2 would fit right in.

The Character
For the TF2 representative, I decided to pick the Heavy Weapons Guy. I mean, he's basically the symbol of the game.

I decided to go with a Villager-esque moveset with weapons from all of the classes, because let's face it, that's the most fun type of moveset to design and watch/play. I also had a similar design philosophy to King K. Rool here in making him a Heavyweight with moves that aren't expected from a Heavyweight.

Heavy Weapons Guy would be a Heavyweight Fighter with No Crawl, Wall Jump, or Wall Cling. He would be around the same size as Bowser, though maybe just a touch thinner.

Basic Attacks
His Jab would be a basic Three-Hit Combo with the Fists. The first hit is a Right Hook, then a Left Hook, and finally an Uppercut. If the Uppercut lands, then the Hit Sound from TF2 plays and the Critical Hit Graphic pops out of the enemy.

His Dash Attack would be him running forward while spinning and holding the Escape Plan. I chose this mostly because the only Dash Attack in the base game I could think of is used later (as Side Special), and the Escape Plan does allow Soldier to run faster, making a moving attack somewhat fitting.

His Side Tilt would just have him swing the Sandman in front of him. It would come out quickly, do moderate damage and KO at sufficiently high percentages.

His Up Tilt would have him take out the Flamethrower and blow fire in an arc above him.

His Down Tilt would have him take out two Revolvers and shoot them in either direction towards the ground.

His Ledge Attack wouldn't be anything crazy, he'd just punch the ground in front of the ledge and climb back up.

Aerials
His Neutral Air would just be him swinging the Fire Axe horizontally in front of him.

His Forward Air would be a spiking downward swing with the Market Gardener in a similar fashion to Mario's Forward Air. Compared to that move, it would do less damage and have an ever-so-slightly larger hitbox.

His Back Air would have him use the Force-A-Nature and fire it behind himself and slightly downward. This would propel Heavy slightly up and forward, as well as turning him around and putting him into a special state in which he can use any attack other than Back Air.

His Up Air is him swinging a Razorback above his head. The attack has Electrical Properties.

His Down Air is a diving stomp with the Manntreads on his feet. Works similarly to Greninja's Down Air.

Smash Attacks
His Side Smash is a powerful Uppercut with the Killing Gloves of Boxing. At full charge, it has a Crit-Boost Effect applied to it.

His Up Smash uses the Ullapool Caber to attack anyone above him. The first time per life that this hits, it causes a super-powerful AOE Explosion. After that, it's kinda weak and pathetic.

His Down Smash is him firing a Shotgun at the floor in front of him, then behind him.

Special Attacks
His Neutral Special would use his beloved Minigun to fire at enemies. When the attack begins, he would spend around half a second spinning up the Minigun before letting loose. The Minigun would fire ten rounds per second, with each round doing roughly 1% Damage and having similar range and properties to Joker's Gun. Heavy has super armor while firing the Minigun, but not while spinning it. While firing or spinning the Minigun, Heavy can only move slowly and can't jump. He can also aim it up and down using the Control Stick. He can only fire it for about three seconds, or until the Special Button is pressed again. I mean, come on, it already costs $100,000 to do just that. You can't really expect him to blow much more money on one attack.

His Side Special has him equip the Eyelander and Chargin' Targe and begin to run forward. The dash works similarly to Bowser Jr.'s Clown Car. However, it only stops when Heavy runs in to an enemy, which knocks them away, or presses the Special Button again, which has him swing the Eyelander in an arc in front of him. This does much more damage than the Shield Bash if you hit with the tip of the sword, otherwise it does around the same amount of damage.

His Up Special is a recovery move with the Thermal Thruster. When used, Heavy will equip the jetpack, which will push him up a small amount and push enemies away before a larger blast in the direction that the control stick is pointing. Puts Heavy into a fall state.

His Down Special borrows Engineer's Mini-Sentry and Wrench. The first time it's used, he will drop a toolbox that unfolds into a Mini-Sentry. The Mini-Sentry has roughly 25 Health, and shoots 5 bullets per second at nearby foes. The bullets borrow properties from Joker's Gun. While there is a Mini-Sentry out, this becomes a Wrench Swing with similar properties to Heavy's Side Tilt. If Heavy hits the Mini-Sentry with the Wrench, it will heal it for 2.5 Health.

Final Smash
Teufort Nine: Heavy places a Teleporter that brings foes directly in front of him to one of the outdoor areas of Teufort, where they are faced with all nine classes in battle-ready stances. The Spy will ask, "Gentlemen?", followed by the Scout saying, "Let's Do This!" and Soldier yelling, "ATTACK!" All Nine Classes will begin to mercilessly beat down anyone trapped in the attack before Heavy yells, "INCOMING!" and runs up with Medic, who is Übercharging him, and delivers a final blow with the Killing Gloves of Boxing.

Taunts
His Side Taunt is TF2's Schadenfreude Taunt.

His Up Taunt is TF2's Proletariat Posedown Taunt.

His Down Taunt has him eat a Sandvich. This taunt takes roughly 250 Frames to complete, and is cancelled if Heavy is attacked, but it heals Heavy for 15-18 Health if completed.

That's basically it! Heavy in Smash! Tell me what you think in the Comments!

Didn't realize this thread existed and made my own thread (now locked)...here's my moveset if anyone's interested. I designed it more to represent TF2 than just Heavy.

-Mod edit: thread has since been combined with this one-

Also, Hightower for TF2 Stage. I think it would have a unique and fun layout.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
For the Heavy, I always imagined his Up-B to be a teleporter. Granted, the Engineer is the one who builds teleporters, but the Heavy probably needs them the most because he's slow. He could also utilise his melee weapons for close range attacks.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
As you can probably tell, Heavy is a decently wanted character within the community. This support thread was more of an inevitability more than anything.

Why Heavy?
Team Fortress 2 is one of the most popular games in existence, and Heavy is easily the mot popular out of all the 9 mercenaries in the game. Heavy is easily one of the most recognizable video game characters ever and would have a super unique and fun move set that wouldn't take that long to think of. All he needs to do is use the weapons in the game and maybe have an ammo mechanic and have his down special eat his sandvich, which would recover a bit of health at the risk of a long animation. Plus, he would be representing both shooters and Valve at the same time.

I was thinking something more like the grappling hook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I was thinking something more like the grappling hook.
That would work, but I feel like it's better suited as a tether. How about the Blast Jump magic spells instead? It'd be a great way to implement Scream Fortress into his moveset.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
That would work, but I feel like it's better suited as a tether. How about the Blast Jump magic spells instead? It'd be a great way to implement Scream Fortress into his moveset.
Din't think of that. Does sound like a good idea though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The old thread owner hasn't been active in some time, so I merged a couple of threads and gave you the first post/restored your original post Some Beedrill Some Beedrill

I'd completely love/support this, btw. The fact that 2Fort is one of the most common custom stage ideas I see makes me want to believe it's not just a pipe dream.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
ok guys, finally got around to making that Heavy moveset. Here goes:

View attachment 210467

Heavy moveset:

This fighter is a unique take on the “double fighter” type. You play as the Heavy, who deals all of the main damage, but also have the medic following close behind you as the second half of the duo, who will be healing you throughout the match. The heavy a standard super heavyweight, being about the height of Charizard. He is of course one of the slowest characters in the game, and has the jump height of ganondorf. The medic is, however, lighter and weaker, health-wise, than the Heavy, thus is easier to K.O. He deals a slow, constant stream of healing to the heavy with his medigun, that only stops if you kill him first, which promotes the opponent to combat the heavy in a similar way to how you would in TF2 itself by going for the medic first. Killing the medic will make Heavy’s moves considerably worse, however attacking the medic will ONLY do damage to the him and not the Heavy. In addition to healing, the Medic will slowly be charging his uber, until it is fully charged. Once it is, it will take over the standard B button’s move, where it will be activated, then the regular standard B will return.

>Jab
Heavy’s jab is similar to Megaman’s, in that he fires his minigun instead of a regular jab. His stream of fire reaches a little over halfway across the length of Final destination, and last for as long as a rapid jab would before he needs to let his gun cool down (this has considerable endlag). The medic will fire his syringe gun as well, and will reload at the same time. If the opponent is directly in front of you before you start the jab, the heavy will punch a single time instead. Controlled by holding down the A button only. minigun firing can be angled a full 360 degrees, so long as the A button is held down first and stays held while controlling.
>dash attack
Shoulder bash
>tilts
[Ftilt]: same as jab, only can walk slowly forward. Can still be angled. (Cannot punch)
[Dtilt]: kicks downward. Medic bonesaws forward.
[Utilt]: uppercuts with boxing glove. Medic bonesaws up.
>Fsmash
Steps forward and swings minigun forward via sideswipe. Medic stabs uber-saw forward. (Charges uber 25% if it hits)
>Usmash
Swings minigun upward. Medic will stab with uber-saw upward. (Charges uber 25% if it hits)
>Dsmash
Heavy swipes minigun downward, while medic stabs uber-saw downward in opposite direction. (Charges uber 25% if it hits)
>Standard Special
Shotgun blast. Medic uses crusader’s crossbow.
>Side Special
The spy appears in front of the Heavy to stab the opponent. Does only 7% damage if the opponent is facing you, but up to 70% if their back is facing you. The spy also has his own health, and can be killed after being hit enough times, for which you will have to wait for him to respawn and the move is completely unusable. The move itself has next to no endlag if it is not a backstab, but has a decant amount if it is.
>Up special
Engie quickly builds a teleporter. Opponent can damage engie and eventually kill him if hit enough times while Up-B is open. If he dies, you can only use the grappling hook as a recovery while he is respawning. Medic will uses the quick-fix during this so that me moves with the heavy. The medic will activate the quick-fix’s uber by granting Heavy super armor before, during and after using the teleporter for a small amount of time. This also works while using the grappling hook.
>down special
Heavy whips out the Huo-Long Heater to start revving a ring of fire around him and the medic. Works similarly to Donkey Kong’s, but can’t spike anyone, ends after 3 seconds (with a cooldown), and a bit shorter range. Medic uses the vaccinator to create a shield around the heavy, making him invulnerable.
>grab
Simple one handed grab. Heavy punches while medic stabs with bonesaw.
>Aerials
[Nair]: jerks minigun forward slightly. Medic elbows backward.
[Fair]: heavy swipes minigun downward in forward arching motion. Medic does the same with bonesaw.
[Bair]: heavy swings fryingpan backwards. Medic kicks backwards.
[Dair]: both heavy and medic kick downward with one leg.
>final smash
“Team Wipe.” Heavy and medic charge forward, which sends whoever is hit onto the payload on Badwater. Then it pans up on all nine mercenaries gathering together, with everyone saying varying versions of their “battle cry” voice-line from the game, before charging toward the payload all at once. Then the opponent simply explodes and flies into the background after being pushed into Badwater's final point, while the mercenaries all congratulate each other.
As a bit if a heads up, I’m working on a rework of this moveset without the medic. I’ve been wanting to do one for a while, and since I’ve been making a lot of moveset images for characters lately, I decided to make it now! I’ll have it done and posted within a few hours.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
And there we have it, all done!

0C5CBFAC-91FA-4B14-B23F-5F02C9C314F6.jpeg

I hope you guy enjoy it, and as usual, feel free to use it in OP if you’d like!

[EDIT]: forgot to say, I may make an alternate version of this sooner or later that is the Pokemon trainer of TF2, with an Attack + Defense + Support theme. Probably with the Heavy + Scout + (not sure yet, maybe Spy or Sniper? Probably Spy, because he could use Joker as a base).

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
An issue I have with asking for the Heavy in smash is that he doesn't really represent being a team based shooter and he's just a single part of a larger thing.
My idea for a TF2 character was to have it be Scout, Heavy AND Spy as a single character that can swap out mid battle (Sega Racing actually did this concept).
Why these 3? I believe for starters they are the most Iconic and they also represent TF2 class options.
Scout: Offense Heavy: Defense Spy: Support
I don't have a full moveset idea but some rough concepts are.
Scout: Fast, most attacks use his bat, smash attacks use his scattershot.
Heavy: Slow, most attacks use his fists, Smash attacks use his machine gun.
Spy: Average speed, most attacks use his knife (think in a way to his fencing taunt), smash attacks use the revolver.
Special moves I haven't quite figured out but Down B would be teleporter and it would be how they swap out.
If anyone wants to expand on this idea, i'd appreciate it.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
An issue I have with asking for the Heavy in smash is that he doesn't really represent being a team based shooter and he's just a single part of a larger thing.
My idea for a TF2 character was to have it be Scout, Heavy AND Spy as a single character that can swap out mid battle (Sega Racing actually did this concept).
Why these 3? I believe for starters they are the most Iconic and they also represent TF2 class options.
Spy: Average speed, most attacks use his knife (think in a way to his fencing taunt), smash attacks use the revolver.
Special moves I haven't quite figured out but Down B would be teleporter and it would be how they swap out.
Lol, what a coincidence. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the team idea than an individual fighter. Maybe they could be called “Red Team” and have a set of palettes being different cosmetics, then the other half being “Blu Team.”

But yeah, I’ll definitely be expanding upon it in the future!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind supporting the Heavy, he's funny.

I can definitely live with this. Granted, it'd be a lot of programming work, the fans would have to reach a consensus on supporting the idea, and there's no way they'd fit this in Ultimate, but it'd be great to see this in 6. Especially if their reveal trailer consisted of a mission that ends with opening a briefcase with the Smash envelope in it (bonus points if Valve did the trailer to hide their involvement).

Also, even Krazy endorses the Heavy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Oh I know for sure its a lot of work and wouldn't happen in Ultimate, but with how Sakurai makes characters, I don't think he'd want Team Fortress unless its a Team. Also knowing they pulled off Pokemon trainer in Brawl (albeit badly) I don't think it would be a TON of work to make all three, it would be a lot but if each TF2 member was fairly basic with no overarching gimmicky moves then it should be fine. I think the hardest part about TF2 and Smash is getting it in at all because of Valve and being western only. :( Also they were just called Team Fortress in Sega Allstars Racing so that'd be a good name for them.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
"I AM MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN HISTORY OF WORLD!"

I just had a thought, is TF2 popular in Japan?

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
"I AM MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN HISTORY OF WORLD!"

I just had a thought, is TF2 popular in Japan?
I’m not sure. I’ve seen japanese players before. But even if it isn’t, sakurai has added character popular only in the west before.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Whelp, here’s that new moveset I was talking about.
Good lord the Heavy's moveset looks like a Mess, having his Jab be his Minigun sounds horrible, if anything the Eviction Notice should be his jab or his KGB.
I'm not trying to be hateful or anything, but having a slow, heavyweight character with a ranged jab sounds pretty terrible.

Side Special sounds more fitting for his Minigun though.

Top Bottom