• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ready to crush some babies!- The Heavy(TF2) Support thread

Do you want the heavy in?

• Yes!

Votes: 119 88.8%
  • NO!

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Idk...

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Who the heck is he?

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
My defense for "it's too inappropriate" or "we cant have real guns" would be to take a look at Bayonetta and Snake, both of which are from more serious games. Calling TF2 a serious game would be a bit of a stretch as well, bearing in mind there is literally a fish as a weapon. Either way, I think that the game often described as the gateway to PC gaming, deserves a place in smash.
Real quick tangent: I'm a pyro main, if pyro were to be in smash, cool, but I think the heavy is more likely, being the face of the game, I want to be slightly reasonable.
Back on topic, TF2 made a MAJOR impact in the gaming world, and being close to 11 years old and still having a dedicated fanbase, is rare to say the least. TO bring in a character that has an art style very reminiscent of the 2000s, would be a dream come true.
Anyway, I have a moveset, (kind of, its more of a mess of notes) that I have prepared. Including a couple taunts and a stage idea. It needs work, but I want to see if anyone agrees, disagrees, or what, anyway, here's my idea:
Jabs, the left and right click with his melee with a finishing crit

Up air shotgun

Down air, rain with minigun

Forward air - double punch

Back air - Uppercut

Dash is put on GRU and dash attack is hulk smash

Neutral B Minigun hold b to charge, the longer you hold the longer you’ll shoot, little knockback, rapidfire bullets, slow move speed

Up B Killing gloves of boxing crit uppercut

Side B Shotgun, limited ammo, shoots three bullets 1 up 1 straight 1 down, works similar to in game

Down b- throw either sandvich, dalokohs, second banana, or buffalo steak each with different properties

Jump and crouch are from in game

Taunts, shotgun taunt

POW

KGB taunt

Minigun taunt

Costumes based on other classes and hi classic form

2fort as a stage(middle with the bridge and both forts also as a reference to tf classic make the roof breakable and restorable, you can KO by knocking him in to the forts through the bottom part or top part or sky ko also the other classes can appear as hazards)

Victory theme- TF2 theme
Support List: keyblade smasher,sneakylink,shocktarts17,cruelcumber,sari,EarlTamm, King of Ooo,GothFluttershy,YoshilLandToad,TheFVguy,SEGAGameBoy,smash puffle, Lupin Red, ZoroCarlos, zangiefsthighs

(Image by xMasterDizzy on deviantart, not my picture)

btw if hes added im maining him

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupin Red

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I don't see this happening since the game wasn't even released in an Nintendo platform. At least Cloud has some games that were released in the Nintendo platforms, even if most of them are just spin-offs.

But I still support, nonetheless. TF2 was one of the games I played on Steam and I'm still playing it to this very day.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
Agreed Team Fortress 2 is an awesome game, I wish they would port it to console.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I mean, if Half-Life 2 and Portal could run on the NVIDIA Shield TV, which has similar hardware to the Switch, it could happen, and if Valve is down for that of course, I could see TF2 getting the same treatment. I want those games on the Switch anyways, so I want to support the Heavy.

D

Deleted member

I'm joining this thread, Heavy would be amazing

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Count me for support. Joker really changed the perspective of who can get in for DLC.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I never realized how much I wanted this until today. Support all the way.

Doomguy46 Doomguy46 If you are still active I would recommend adding some pics of heavy as well as a support list to the original post.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
As a longtime fan of Team Fortress 2, I would definitely support anything from it appearing in SSBU. Sure the Demoman and Soldier have far more moveset potential than the Heavy, but the Heavy is largely seen as the face of TF2. Plus it would be nice to see another super-heavyweight character added to the game, especially one with more projectiles than King K. Rool. TF2's art style already fits in quite well in the Super Smash Brothers setting, so that's not an issue either. Gabe Newell is also a bigger fan of Nintendo than people know, with the guy citing Super Mario 64 as one of the best games ever made. Granted Valve and Nintendo haven't really done any interactions that I can think of.

While I'd argue even characters like Doomguy and Scorpion have a higher chance of getting in than anything from TF2, I would still love it if Heavy ever made it in. Oh and there's also the issue of Heavy's voice actor getting older and struggling to do the voice of the character (although not as bad as Demoman), along with other decisions like Valve maybe wanting something from DOTA 2 instead since I know the guy who made all of the "Meet the Team" videos no longer works for Valve anymore. Heavy's got a lot against him, but I won't lie that the character is up there on my wishlist.

Also here's a video someone made on if he ever did get in, which I thought was cool:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I think if I made a list of I don't actually want since they have no Nintendo history, but secretly would be pretty stoked to see, Heavy would be on that list. But as as a decade long Scout main I'd prefer Scout to get in lol.

...Also Clap-trap and Handsome Jack.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I support. Even though the only Valve content on Nintendo platforms has been Portal crossovers, this is something I always thought would be great to see.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
Support List: keyblade smasher,sneakylink,shocktarts17,cruelcumber,sari,EarlTamm, King of Ooo,GothFluttershy,YoshilLandToad,TheFVguy,SEGAGameBoy,smash puffle, Lupin Red,

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Got bored so I came up with Spirit battle ideas and skills based on the other classes:
Scout - Ness in Blue alt costume with Home Run Bat Equipped. Primary Attack Spirit that increases Battering Items Damage.
Soldier - Snake in Red alt costume that prefers Side B and Forward Smash. Primary Attack Spirit increasing Foot Attack Damage (think Mantreads).
Pyro - Samus in Blue alt costume with Superspicy Curry permanently active. Primary Attack Spirit that increases Fire Attack Damage.
Demoman - Ganondorf in his Grey alt costume that uses Smash Attacks more often and resists Explosive Damage. Primary Defense Spirit that increases Sword Attack Damage (this one was hard to come up with).
Engineer - Mario in Builder Outfit with an increase in ranged Damage and a Heavy that appears after a while. Primary Defense Spirit that increases Electric Attack Damage.
Medic - Dr. Mario in Blue alt costume with a Heavy teammate. Dr. Mario heals over time and tends to avoid conflict. Support Spirit that gives Critical Immunity.
Sniper - Link in Red alt costume that primary uses neutral B and has increased Damage with Ranged Weaponry. Support Spirit that increases Projectile Damage.
Spy - Invisible Shulk in Blue alt costume that prefers Side B. Also starts with a Poké Ball that always summons Ditto. Support Spirit that Jams an Opponents Final Smash Meter (basically Sapping it)

I chose not to use Heavy for any of the Battles (except as a teammate) simply because he didn't fit any of the ideas I had in mind.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Got bored so I came up with Spirit battle ideas and skills based on the other classes:
Scout - Ness in Blue alt costume with Home Run Bat Equipped. Primary Attack Spirit that increases Battering Items Damage.
Soldier - Snake in Red alt costume that prefers Side B and Forward Smash. Primary Attack Spirit increasing Foot Attack Damage (think Mantreads).
Pyro - Samus in Blue alt costume with Superspicy Curry permanently active. Primary Attack Spirit that increases Fire Attack Damage.
Demoman - Ganondorf in his Grey alt costume that uses Smash Attacks more often and resists Explosive Damage. Primary Defense Spirit that increases Sword Attack Damage (this one was hard to come up with).
Engineer - Mario in Builder Outfit with an increase in ranged Damage and a Heavy that appears after a while. Primary Defense Spirit that increases Electric Attack Damage.
Medic - Dr. Mario in Blue alt costume with a Heavy teammate. Dr. Mario heals over time and tends to avoid conflict. Support Spirit that gives Critical Immunity.
Sniper - Link in Red alt costume that primary uses neutral B and has increased Damage with Ranged Weaponry. Support Spirit that increases Projectile Damage.
Spy - Invisible Shulk in Blue alt costume that prefers Side B. Also starts with a Poké Ball that always summons Ditto. Support Spirit that Jams an Opponents Final Smash Meter (basically Sapping it)

I chose not to use Heavy for any of the Battles (except as a teammate) simply because he didn't fit any of the ideas I had in mind.
Very cool, okay so let's do what the spirits would do. Of course some of these could also be primary spirits but I'll just list their secondary spirit ideas.
Scout - Double jump
Soldier - Projectile damage
Pyro - Fire damage up
Demoman - Explosive resist
Engineer - Health regeneration
Medic - Life steal
Sniper - Critical hits
Spy - Start with killing edge

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
His final smash should be him getting ubered and firing his machine gun diagonally similar to Inkling's FS.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I would absolutely LOVE to have the Heavy in the game! He's one of my most wanted. I say, if we absolutely HAVE to have all thirdparties for DLC, then it better be characters like this! I'd love to have my name added to the support list!

I also was going to get around to making a moveset for him, so I'll definitely post that here when I do!

Heavy Smash Bros Portrait.jpg

Also, here's a fanmade heavy render I found online. Not sure where it came from, but it looks absolutely stunning!

[EDIT]: I hadn't read the thread long enough to see that it was already posted lol. It looks great though, so I'm going to keep it in my post. :dk:

Last edited:

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Words don't even begin to describe how badly I want this to happen.

However as badly as I want him, the opposite is probably true of his chances. One day we'll get em.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I WANT THIS! Support! Heavy seems to be the class that fits Smash the most too, with Pyro and Scout as a close second.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Joker certainly assisted Heavy a bit with getting rid of that pesky firearm rule. Anything helps.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Really ?! Would you mind sharind the id ?

Also, i support mah heavy boi, i don't see it happening but i can't turn my back on him.
I can't really find the ID anymore of the 2fort I downloaded, but there are a ton of 2forts made already by a lot of different people.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
ok guys, finally got around to making that Heavy moveset. Here goes:

Heavy & Medic Smash Bros Splash Screen.jpg

Heavy moveset:

This fighter is a unique take on the “double fighter” type. You play as the Heavy, who deals all of the main damage, but also have the medic following close behind you as the second half of the duo, who will be healing you throughout the match. The heavy a standard super heavyweight, being about the height of Charizard. He is of course one of the slowest characters in the game, and has the jump height of ganondorf. The medic is, however, lighter and weaker, health-wise, than the Heavy, thus is easier to K.O. He deals a slow, constant stream of healing to the heavy with his medigun, that only stops if you kill him first, which promotes the opponent to combat the heavy in a similar way to how you would in TF2 itself by going for the medic first. Killing the medic will make Heavy’s moves considerably worse, however attacking the medic will ONLY do damage to the him and not the Heavy. In addition to healing, the Medic will slowly be charging his uber, until it is fully charged. Once it is, it will take over the standard B button’s move, where it will be activated, then the regular standard B will return.

>Jab
Heavy’s jab is similar to Megaman’s, in that he fires his minigun instead of a regular jab. His stream of fire reaches a little over halfway across the length of Final destination, and last for as long as a rapid jab would before he needs to let his gun cool down (this has considerable endlag). The medic will fire his syringe gun as well, and will reload at the same time. If the opponent is directly in front of you before you start the jab, the heavy will punch a single time instead. Controlled by holding down the A button only. minigun firing can be angled a full 360 degrees, so long as the A button is held down first and stays held while controlling.
>dash attack
Shoulder bash
>tilts
[Ftilt]: same as jab, only can walk slowly forward. Can still be angled. (Cannot punch)
[Dtilt]: kicks downward. Medic bonesaws forward.
[Utilt]: uppercuts with boxing glove. Medic bonesaws up.
>Fsmash
Steps forward and swings minigun forward via sideswipe. Medic stabs uber-saw forward. (Charges uber 25% if it hits)
>Usmash
Swings minigun upward. Medic will stab with uber-saw upward. (Charges uber 25% if it hits)
>Dsmash
Heavy swipes minigun downward, while medic stabs uber-saw downward in opposite direction. (Charges uber 25% if it hits)
>Standard Special
Shotgun blast. Medic uses crusader’s crossbow.
>Side Special
The spy appears in front of the Heavy to stab the opponent. Does only 7% damage if the opponent is facing you, but up to 70% if their back is facing you. The spy also has his own health, and can be killed after being hit enough times, for which you will have to wait for him to respawn and the move is completely unusable. The move itself has next to no endlag if it is not a backstab, but has a decant amount if it is.
>Up special
Engie quickly builds a teleporter. Opponent can damage engie and eventually kill him if hit enough times while Up-B is open. If he dies, you can only use the grappling hook as a recovery while he is respawning. Medic will uses the quick-fix during this so that me moves with the heavy. The medic will activate the quick-fix’s uber by granting Heavy super armor before, during and after using the teleporter for a small amount of time. This also works while using the grappling hook.
>down special
Heavy whips out the Huo-Long Heater to start revving a ring of fire around him and the medic. Works similarly to Donkey Kong’s, but can’t spike anyone, ends after 3 seconds (with a cooldown), and a bit shorter range. Medic uses the vaccinator to create a shield around the heavy, making him invulnerable.
>grab
Simple one handed grab. Heavy punches while medic stabs with bonesaw.
>Aerials
[Nair]: jerks minigun forward slightly. Medic elbows backward.
[Fair]: heavy swipes minigun downward in forward arching motion. Medic does the same with bonesaw.
[Bair]: heavy swings fryingpan backwards. Medic kicks backwards.
[Dair]: both heavy and medic kick downward with one leg.
>final smash
“Team Wipe.” Heavy and medic charge forward, which sends whoever is hit onto the payload on Badwater. Then it pans up on all nine mercenaries gathering together, with everyone saying varying versions of their “battle cry” voice-line from the game, before charging toward the payload all at once. Then the opponent simply explodes and flies into the background after being pushed into Badwater's final point, while the mercenaries all congratulate each other.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Holy cow, this thread exists? Alright, then.

But yeah, TF2 in Smash would pretty much be the best thing ever if you ask me. It's probably my all-time favorite game and has held my attention for way longer than any other game has despite the lack of updates, and if it ever got in Smash, that'd be it for me. Granted, it has a completely negligible chance of happening at this point, but hey, Heavy did place 24th on an unofficial ballot run by the SSBUNews Twitter recently, so if we make some noise for TF2 rep in Smash going forward, maybe we can raise that chance to slightly-more-than-negligible or something. I dunno, it's more a pipe dream than anything else, but it's certainly fun to think about. It's still more productive than speculating about the eventual Heavy Update, after all.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
TF2 is definitely one of those games that tons of people really love, even up to this day (in spite of Valve's negligence). I could see it being chosen for the Fighter Pass, but it's got stiff competition against Doom and other older shooters.

If nothing else, we'd be able to meme that Sakurai delivered the Heavy update himself.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Count me in as a supporter. Valve at least has some of their games (portal spinoffs) on the switch. This has little to no chance of happening, but even so, it's a great idea that I don't think valve would decline. We might even get an orange box updated port on the switch and more tf2 updates in general.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Hey, what do you guys think would be the best TF2 stage?
I'm thinking Dustbowl, 2Fort, or Gravelpit are the most iconic/emblematic of TF2. Maybe even an MvM map.

Alternatively, a King of the Hill or CP map could have a capture point mechanic with small buffs for whoever controls them.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hey, what do you guys think would be the best TF2 stage?
Personal biases aside, I don't think I'd be able to go with anything but 2Fort to represent the game. It's easily the most iconic map from the game, even to those who have never played it, and despite the bad rap it gets in the community, it still manages to be one of the most popular maps in terms of average player count. Besides, the purely symmetrical layout and compact exterior kind of inherently makes it the most desirable choice IMO. It's an easy choice, in my opinion.

That said, from a purely biased standpoint, GIMME CP_STEEL, BABY. I don't even know what the stage layout would be, but I just love Steel that much. Steel's a top tier map.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If it leads to TF2 coming to Switch, I'll take Heavy in Smash.

Top Bottom