• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ THIS FIRST!! Smash Workshop Character Discussion Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'd like to make it clear that, with the new discussion topics for multiple projects, do NOT post a new topic unless you have a guide and a valid discussion topic for your character. If it's something like "Well, this character is ****! Discuss _______ here!" I am going to lock it on the spot, no questions asked. An example of a guide is the Pikachu minus guide by Budget Player Cadet.

Also,
You aren't getting more than one thread per character, either. I'd like to be able to find the character I want to talk about in the first two pages of the board, thank you.

Every time you post about how much you love your character, or how zomg awesomez they are, or how you think they are low/high top tier without discussion, it is one more post that someone will have to trawl through in order to find information about matchups. To find videos of people playing your character. To find posts discussing their more effective moves and strategies.

Every time you start a topic because you don't see one currently around for your character and need to discuss them right now, you're stopping someone else from posting a topic which they will take care of. Which they will update with information about matchups, videos of people playing your character, and a discussion of their more effective moves and strategies. Which new players will visit in order to begin playing at a higher level, or current players will view in order to step up their game.

Right now, I'm not going to give you infractions for posting these things, or starting a topic which you won't take care of. This is a community, and it's your responsibility to behave like one. We're lucky to have any place at all on such a widely-viewed site, and having a board to discuss characters is a huge perk. Don't ruin a great opportunity to further the metagame which has become available because of Brawl+. It's not my fault if this board degrades into a state where no one can draw useful information from it without spending much time trawling through it. It's yours.

If you want me to close a thread you made so that someone else can make another one in its place, send me a PM. If you want me to close a thread that someone else made so that someone else (you) can make another one in its place, resolve the issue between you over PMs. I'm not getting myself involved in any unnecessary arguments unless it is clear that there is a dissatisfaction from many people, and that includes a lengthy grace period while you accustom yourself to this space.

Enjoy the board, but use it wisely.

Veril

Frame Savant
Brawl Plus Character Index and Rules

With the release of the Gold edition of the Brawl Plus codeset, we will not be making any further character specific or general mechanics adjustments until September, 2010. The metagame needs to develop and this is not possible unless characters are stable. Suggestion of new alterations to existing movesets, demands for nerfs or buffs, and of course the endless Johns, do nothing to contribute to the metagame and only fill these threads with pointless spam.

There will be a point at which we will reexamine characters movesets and I will announce when that occurs. For now, in the wake of the gold release, you MUST abide by the rules of this subforum, in addition to the global rules.

I. No Suggestions for specific or general Buffs or Nerfs:

•••First offense will result in a warning.
•••Repeated violations of this rule will be infracted for spam.

II. Do not post: "This character/move is great" or "This character/move sucks" without elaborating.

III. Do not discuss a characters iteration in other codesets. The Brawl Plus threads are for discussion of B+, not Project Melee or B-.

IV: Do not post new threads for Brawl Plus characters without first PMing me or Bionic Sonic. We have to work with the limited space available to us.
•••First offense will be infracted for minor spam.
•••Repeat violations may suffer harsher penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom