• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reacting to Jump Off the Ledge?

Squanchy

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheSmithsAreDead
3DS FC
4656-8236-9363
This might be a stupid question, but how do you react to a jump off the ledge when you're covering your opponent's get up options? I find it's too fast for me to react to but maybe I need to look for other visual cues than them just being above me?

Astral |Hunk

Smash Rookie
NNID
supapowaz
It depends on character, but generally the best way to edge guard this situation is to throw out fast safe moves and force them onto ledge for a free untechable stage spike. as for rosa specifically a well space and timed dair should cover everything but rollup.
keep in mind some recoveries like bayonetta's might get passed this.
Side note: forcing a tech no tech situation is good if no other option presents itself. also if you want to practice with me i'll be free friday at 3:30 onward

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
They lose ledge invincibility and if they regrab, a common option, you can do whatever you want to them during the(I think) 20 frame window.

Top Bottom