• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reaching Smashville and similar height platforms without double jumping

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
So I posted something very similar in the Snake board a month ago, but I realized it hadn't been talked about here so I thought I'd share with the Little Mac players.

Little Mac can't reach the platform in Smashville with one full jump, he barely jumps through it but not fully. Same problem in other stages like Dreamland side platforms, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Yoshi's Story (Melee), and so on with stages that have similar platform heights.

There's another way to reach them without double jumping though. If you want to get on these platforms and conserve your double jump, the best way to do this is as follows:

Full jump, and at the highest point of the jump, air-dodge diagonally downwards.

What happens: Little Mac will waveland on the platform (i.e. he'll do a wavedash upon landing) without needing to use a double jump. This has 18~19 frames of landing lag. The pros are that you control your positioning, to mix up how you get close to the opponent in a platform, and you don't use your double jump.

The advantage of not using your double jump, of course, is to save it in case you get knocked offstage mid-air. You'll be in a much better position recovering than you would've been without your double jump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom