• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reached ~7 Mil (7.1) GSP with Kirby!

pixlyJolt

Smash Rookie
After about half a year to a year, I’ve finally reached Pre-lite Smash :D

Working on getting to ES, posted video of milestone on YouTube channel (pixlblox9099 the Jolteon)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Have you noticed any actual change in skill level of opponents? When I got to Elite with Kirby, the threshold was maybe 3mil or something, and there was no real difference. 7mil is essentially double the distance.

pixlyJolt

Smash Rookie
There has been a change. Back then, there were more casual gamers around 3M. I was more casual back then, & people weren’t even that hard to beat. Now, it’s pretty hard with all the people joining, & it’s gotten more competitive, which lead to me also switching to competitive & doing less things that casual players do. Fighting my amiibo, & doing good rule sets for Online (no garbage stuff like items).

RaysFTW

Smash Rookie
I'm about 7.7 mil with Kirby right now. I've been falling in and out of Elite with him for about a year because I usually rematch when I shouldn't. I like to have fun even if it's at the expense of my GSP so losing isn't a big deal. I have a few others that are in Elite and, imo, the best part of the ladder, and sometimes the most talented, has been around 5.5-6.5 million and also <1 million, oddly enough.

Obviously, less than 1 million GSP has most of the worst, or unexperienced, players but it also consists of the real grinders. The players that don't give up when losing over and over again to a horrible matchup in an attempt to get better which just kills their GSP. This also happens to be the GSP with the worst lag.

In the 5.5-6.5 million range you get a lot of great players that are trying to have good, experienced matches. This is where I have the most fun and find most of the talent.

I find that a lot of players in Elite Smash are more worried about staying in Elite Smash than actually having fun. The rulesets are ****ty, there's lag spikes in every match (and I assume lag switches), and so many players will stick to exploiting cheap tactics to win. Now, I don't care if you have fun playing with items or with hazards on, you play how you want to have fun, but I just think it's funny that so many people that claim to have fun playing casually also happen to be in Elite Smash. The other night in Elite I played a 1 minute (maybe it was 2 minute) 1 stock match. What's the point? The same night I played against a Krool that would stay on one side of the stage and just kept jumping off with his blunderbuss trying to get a cheap kill. They would never approach and was perfectly content doing this over and over for 7 minutes if that's what it took. These are easy wins but they aren't fun or engaging and that's what I care about more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom