• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RCO Lag Comprehensive List

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't think I've made a smashboards thread in like...6 months....BUT THIS IS NECESSARY

I tested every recovery move as every character, and this is the full list of moves that can give a character RCO lag.

:4mario: up-b
:4luigi: Up-b
:4littlemac: up-b
:4ganondorf: Up-b/Side-b
:zerosuitsamus: Up-b
:4pit: Up-b/Side-b
:4marth: Up-b
:4metaknight: up-b, down-b
:4fox: Up-b
:4falco: Up-b
:4pikachu: up-b
:4charizard: up-b
:4lucario: up-b
:4greninja: up-b
:falcon: Up-b/side-b
:4shulk: up-b
:4drmario: up-b
:4darkpit: up-b/side-b
:4lucina: up-b
:4megaman: up-b
:roymelee: up-b
:4miigun: up-b 3
:4miisword: up-b 2
:4miibrawl: up-b 3

There is also a strange tendency for certain moves to have different amounts of RCO lag depending on WHEN they get hit out of the move. I can't pinpoint specific examples besides ZSS which I show in my video on RCO lag. Like compare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXaDSceYApE#t=1m1s

to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXaDSceYApE#t=54s

I'm not sure what characters have this difference, I happened to notice it while recording the video.

So yeah, I feel like this is fairly important and I didn't see any list defining all the characters that experience it, so I decided to make one! If you have any more information on which characters get more/less depending on WHEN they get hit out of their moves, please let me know, i'll add it to the OP.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop RCO lag is legitimate, but his Dimensional Cape RCO lag was patched, unless you are referred to a unique instance.

Last edited:

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Will it work like in brawl in the situation where you hit them out of their upB then they grab the ledge, will they have the up-B penalty next time they touch the ground as well?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It'd be a good idea to see how much RCO lag is applied for each character. I tested a few and if I did this right, Mario and Luigi Up-B have 15 frames of endlag on a "soft" landing and 30 frames of endlag on a "hard" landing (same as Brawl), while Shulk seems to have 30 frames either way. The distinction is the same as normal landing lag from a jump, like a shorthop; if you're going at/above max normal fall speed when you touch the ground, you have a "hard" landing.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The Pit's get differing amounts of lag depending on the velocity they fall at. And I'm not talking about fastfalling either...

Easy enough to test out. Use a side special in the air and hit something, and then land while using a special. That'll store the lag. Then SH, no fastfall, and you'll get a little lag. Jump around pretty much any other way and you'll get hit with the full lag.

Actually, do these mechanics work on other characters? And is there any chance RCO lag is standardized to 15 and 30 frames on most moves?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Cloud's up b has rco lag

Interesting, pikachu doesn't have rco lag until the end of his first up b. If he gets hit out early on in his first up b no rco lag

Last edited:
Top Bottom