• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Will Join the Brawlhalla on November 6th

rayman.jpg

On September 2nd, Ubisoft announced the Brawlhalla roster’s newest addition: Rayman. The character will be playable on November 6th upon Brawlhalla's release for the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. Ubisoft used their PAX West direct to make the announcement, which received overwhelmingly positive feedback. The developers have yet to release any details about Rayman’s play style or if he will be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Brawlhalla is currently available on the PS4 and Steam.

Comments

Just another reminder for folks to not sleep on how big Brawlhalla is on Steam.
But you know Ubisoft, as cool as Rayman is I feel the Prince of Persia might have worked better here.

Left field shenanigans, I played Brawlhalla awhile since the game was playable, had no idea how large it had grown. But even then. Wouldn't have thought Rayman would end up being a guest character.

Great news! My dear Rayman is now the closest he is to being playable in Smash Bros.! Oopsie-daisies, I-I meant Smash Ultimate!

:psycho: So much happies!! :colorful:

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't roster*** and is amazed that Rayman is now a guest character in a game. Sure, Prince of Persia may be immediately more fitting as lordvaati lordvaati suggests, but Rayman isn't that far off either.
Anyway, it's cool that he's in it.
Brawlhalla really is not as bad as people want to say it is.

Tbh if there is one new third party character for Smash, I can totally see it being Rayman.. Sure Ubisoft has a fighting game of their own, but so does Capcom and Bandai Namco.. Also he already appeared as a trophy so tbh what this basically confirms is Rayman can fight so will we see him in Smash? Guess we'll have to see, I think there might be one new third party but other than that it seems they are just going with 3rd parties already involved.. Again that trophy though, he definitely seems more likely than Crash, Spyro, or Banjo.

I doubt this will hurt his chances.
Having Rayman in this game is a marketing move to make people discover/play the said game. This partnership will be pointless if the character is used in another fighting game too and even more here since those two games are similar. This is business basic, when you do that kind of move you want to have exclusivity.

How funny, I was just playing a bit of Rayman 3 on Dolphin before I heard about this. Definitley gonna pick this game up when it comes to the switch.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you should know that it's actually the total opposite.
Please say this doesn't mean he won't come to smash ultimate.
Having Rayman in this game is a marketing move to make people discover/play the said game. This partnership will be pointless if the character is used in another fighting game too and even more here since those two games are similar. This is business basic, when you do that kind of move you want to have exclusivity.
People and Articles are running this story of how Rayman’s chances of getting in Super Smash Bros Ultimate has lowered due to Brawlhalla Having the Rayman IP as the Guest Character of the Game, It’s an Interesting aspect for to think that except there is a flaw to it and here’s Exactly What I’ve been Saying this Whole time. It’s exactly like the Marvel/Sony Deal with Spider-Man, except it doesn’t match up with Ubisoft’s Brawlhalla. If Ubisoft lets another company licenses the IP than the other Companies can’t use that IP, with Rayman who is the other company besides Nintendo that can license the IP? Nobody. Because Brawlhalla is a Ubisoft Game that is using its own IP to make a guest appearance, it’s like Mario guest appearing in Donkey Kong (1981), or vice versa where Donkey Kong is making guest appearance in Mario Party, Mario Kart, or even Super Smash Bros. since these are Nintendo Exclusive games with guest Nintendo Characters, it’s also like Link being playable in Mario Kart 8. Rayman’s chances of being in Smash Bros Ultimate hasn’t changed because it’s the same scenario as Nintendo having Mario, Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokémon, Metriod, Yoshi’s Island, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, All of these IP’s having Nintendo Guest Characters in there game, it’s the very same thing with Rayman and Brawlhalla since this is a Ubisoft Exclusive title. For it to Market isn’t the point for Ubisoft, it’s about getting exposure for them to make Rayman Viable again, hence the reason why they are having this partnership with Nintendo with crossovers for most of there Games with Starlink and Mario + Rabbids. Plus it’s not really competition if the Game is free and the only thing that costs is Rayman, that’s a Viral marketing of said character and not the game. I hope that clears up the confusion for all of you guys.

Top Bottom