• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Well, Simon got revealed for Super Smash Flash 2 after he got revealed for Ultimate... so using my tin foil hat I can deduct that this will be a reverse, Rayman getting revealed first for Flash 2, and then for Ultimate!!!!

Even if that theory doesn’t come to fruition (yet!), Rayman looks like a blast to play as in SSF2.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well, Simon got revealed for Super Smash Flash 2 after he got revealed for Ultimate... so using my tin foil hat I can deduct that this will be a reverse, Rayman getting revealed first for Flash 2, and then for Ultimate!!!!

Even if that theory doesn’t come to fruition (yet!), Rayman looks like a blast to play as in SSF2.
Did they show any actual gameplay yet?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They did attempt to show off gameplay, but there was a rather hilarious glitch that prematurely stopped it.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
They did attempt to show off gameplay, but there was a rather hilarious glitch that prematurely stopped it.
Lmao nice. Well I can't wait to see it. Was there anything special with Rayman's moveset that you saw?

AreJay25

Lmao nice. Well I can't wait to see it. Was there anything special with Rayman's moveset that you saw?
He has a plum as what I presume to be his down special. He can attack it to use it as a projectile or recovery.

He also has the Lockjaw.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
He has a plum as what I presume to be his down special. He can attack it to use it as a projectile or recovery.

He also has the Lockjaw.
Now that's cool. Hopefully this will help convince people Rayman isn't just some bland character.

What's up with his series icon though? lmao

AreJay25

Now that's cool. Hopefully this will help convince people Rayman isn't just some bland character.

What's up with his series icon though? lmao
Yeah, I see what they were going for but... It's not the most imaginative choice lol.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah, I see what they were going for but... It's not the most imaginative choice lol.
Yeah I always preferred the Lums as the icon.

I have Rayman joining Isaac in SSF2. This is going to be so hype
I've been playing a lot of SSF2 recently solely because of Chibi Robo, Bomberman, and Isaac. I really like what they did with Isaac and Chibi Robo, they're lots of fun to play; Bomberman can use some more work though imo

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not too big on the Smash fan games, but Rayman being included in Smash Flash 2 is very cool. It shows that Rayman is a character that has the attention of the Smash community.

Can't find gameplay footage for the life of me though, I hear he was super buggy.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Not too big on the Smash fan games, but Rayman being included in Smash Flash 2 is very cool. It shows that Rayman is a character that has the attention of the Smash community.

Can't find gameplay footage for the life of me though, I hear he was super buggy.
The game is a lot of fun, and it puts effort towards the casual areas of the game too. The camera is a little janky, but tbh I enjoy it more than a few real Smash games unironically. They do a great job for free

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The game is a lot of fun, and it puts effort towards the casual areas of the game too. The camera is a little janky, but tbh I enjoy it more than a few real Smash games unironically. They do a great job for free
I most certainly admire the effort that goes into it. They've been at it for more than a decade, right?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If Rayman got in, what theme song would play? Personally I think Rayman's most cool theme is his from Rayman Arena.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If Rayman got in, what theme song would play? Personally I think Rayman's most cool theme is his from Rayman Arena.
That would be a well appreciated throwback. Never played Rayman Arena but I love this theme.

They’ll probably go with something more recognizable though. Tricky Treasure or Moving Ground are probably the top contenders.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Considering I've already gotten my boy Simon Belmont, and unexpected (but absolutely appreciated) guest in Richter, I guess I ought to share my support with the yet to be confirmed highly requested picks. And out of all of them, I think Rayman is among the most likely.

Man, I remember the ArtsyOmni hoax from years ago. I didn't exactly requested Rayman, but I wouldn't have been opposed to him either. But that was just a sad day for Rayman fans everywhere, their hopes raised and yanked just as quickly. Not to demonize Omni or anything, his heart was in the right place. In fact, quite the opposite. I do feel like that his little stunt was the big push needed to make the demand for Rayman in Smash really catch on, especially since the Ballot was announced not shortly after. Timing could not have been any better. The notion of Rayman being in Smash was still fresh in a lot of people's mind, so I suspect a lot of people tried to actually make it a thing, inspired by the hoax. Obviously, it didn't quite work out, but it most likely caught on. I'm positive Sakurai then became aware of not only the hoax and people's reaction, but also the votes of Rayman fans wanting him in. And hey, if K. Rool is any indication, the Ballot had a much bigger impact than anyone could've anticipated back then.

So, hey, I think Rayman would be a cool addition! Didn't play many of his games. In fact, I only played Origins and a bit of Legends. And oh my god, those games are utterly amazing. I totally dig his design and think that he could be a heck of a unique fighter with his floating limbs.

Either way, you guys deserve this one. I hope that your dreams come true and our favorite thingamajig gets a shot at Smash, after all these years.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I love Rayman! I actually have lovely memories of playing Rayman Legends with my little sister, good times!
I think his limbs (or lack there of) could make for an interesting moveset, and he deserves justice after the fake leak of 2015! I was so hyped...
I hope this slap happy hero gets a chance, so slap me on the support list!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
We're getting a reasonable ammount of new faces here lately, so what do you guys think we make an introduction message for those who join our support group. Kind of how the K. Rool boys posted the One of Us video.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
We're getting a reasonable ammount of new faces here lately, so what do you guys think we make an introduction message for those who join our support group. Kind of how the K. Rool boys posted the One of Us video.
We actually did have one in the old Smash 4 thread. Though in retrospect the choice of video didn't make any sense.

How about we use this gif instead?
Rayman Legends.gif

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We had one way back, but it never caught on.
I can't fathom why not.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
...Why does this exist?
Not quite sure what the origin of this is.

I think what I’ve heard was that this was supposed to be an extra in Rayman 3. But they cut it because having a song about sex in a children’s game apparently wasn’t the best idea.

Who knew? :p

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
In their defense, the French are not as afraid to show inuendos or sexual references in things aimed at kids.

I would know, I watched Wakfu. They probably censored it in this case cause that wouldn't fly in other countries.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to throw my hat into the supporters' ring. I admittedly don't have as much experience with Rayman, only having played a few levels from 2 when I was young, and recently having started Rayman Origins, in which I am currently halfway now, and I've seriously enjoyed it. I like the goofy nature of Origins, level design was fun, and I can't freaking believe I've played it sooner (and heck I've heard Legends is even better). But anyway, Rayman has quickly become my most wanted third party character, and I would be happy if he got in. I can only imagine the kind of moveset potential he has due to how his limbs are (EDIT: Or well, lack thereof), and looking at the moveset posted in the OP, I'm only even more interested.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'd like to throw my hat into the supporters' ring. I admittedly don't have as much experience with Rayman, only having played a few levels from 2 when I was young, and recently having started Rayman Origins, in which I am currently halfway now, and I've seriously enjoyed it. I like the goofy nature of Origins, level design was fun, and I can't freaking believe I've played it sooner (and heck I've heard Legends is even better). But anyway, Rayman has quickly become my most wanted third party character, and I would be happy if he got in. I can only imagine the kind of moveset potential he has due to how his limbs are, and looking at the moveset posted in the OP, I'm only even more interested.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
Rayman Legends.gif

Edit: I also welcome, since we literally just decided to start doing this:
Noipoi Noipoi
Maxoxpower Maxoxpower
SchAlternate SchAlternate
FatNerd FatNerd
H heroscott
Drclaw411 Drclaw411

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
We've talked about music before, but you know what, I do hope that Castlevania and Street Fighter getting 30+ music tracks means that we'd also get a larger selection of Rayman music than which we initially thought (Implying Rayman was indeed a character). I doubt Ubisoft is as stingy with their music than another company that I know who won't allow more than two tracks for their series. Come on, man, I just want my One Winged Angel...

Noipoi

Howdy!
We've talked about music before, but you know what, I do hope that Castlevania and Street Fighter getting 30+ music tracks means that we'd also get a larger selection of Rayman music than which we initially thought (Implying Rayman was indeed a character). I doubt Ubisoft is as stingy with their music than another company that I know who won't allow more than two tracks for their series. Come on, man, I just want my One Winged Angel...
I know it's really unlikely, but I want Castle Rock. I also want Chasing a Dream, good thing that ones more likely.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Rayman is a great choice, one of the few iconic third parties not playble excluding Spyro, Bomberman, Crash, and Contra. Hope that there is no bias from devs for Rayman being French. Also if Rabbids get in before Rayman I will burn all my copies of Smash.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
As unlikely as it is, if Sakurai and his team manage to go through all the legal trouble to get Madder by Groove Armada in the game, I will literally never ask that man for anything ever again.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
As unlikely as it is, if Sakurai and his team manage to go through all the legal trouble to get Madder by Groove Armada in the game, I will literally never ask that man for anything ever again.
You know what track I always liked? The background music for the first Rayman 3 trailer. I used to watch that a lot as a kid on the official Rayman website.

Edit: heck yes, 800 posts, baby

Last edited:
Top Bottom