• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Man, I'm keeping my expectations low now that Rayman has been confirmed to be a Spirit. This is so depressing. :(
Spirits were made to effectively replace trophies. Did ordinary trophies confirm that characters couldn't be DLC? No.

If Rayman was a Mii costume or an assist trophy, that would be a different situation, but I wouldn't lose all hope yet. If Spirits confirmed that characters couldn't be DLC, then there'd be almost literally no options for Nintendo characters.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Spirits were made to effectively replace trophies. Did ordinary trophies confirm that characters couldn't be DLC? No.

If Rayman was a Mii costume or an assist trophy, that would be a different situation, but I wouldn't lose all hope yet. If Spirits confirmed that characters couldn't be DLC, then there'd be almost literally no options for Nintendo characters.
Yeah I hope so, but I really don't want to get my hopes up since Sakurai is so unpredictable. I still do think that Rayman has a good shot. It just really depends on how far Nintendo wants to push their friendly relationship to Ubisoft.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sakurai deconfrimed every single character with Spirits.

It’s the ultimate way of saying “never ask me for anything ever again”.

:p

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah I hope so, but I really don't want to get my hopes up since Sakurai is so unpredictable. I still do think that Rayman has a good shot. It just really depends on how far Nintendo wants to push their friendly relationship to Ubisoft.
Maybe it'd be concerning if it was just Rayman (& Globox) again, but we've now got a whole bunch of Rabbid spirits, which is already more Ubisoft pushing than we got last time.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Not to derail the current topic, but has anyone spotted the recent PS Classic ad? Cuz' our boy makes an appearance.

Nothing big, but still pretty dope if ya ask me.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not to derail the current topic, but has anyone spotted the recent PS Classic ad? Cuz' our boy makes an appearance.

Nothing big, but still pretty dope if ya ask me.
This is a pretty cool commercial.

Even if the actual product leaves a lot to be desired, it’s nice to see Rayman in the spotlight again in any way.

Plus it’s also great to see the old Rayman design in 3D again.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
it's a neat commerical.. weird thing is that that's his dreamcast model and not a ps1 model

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This is a pretty cool commercial.

Even if the actual product leaves a lot to be desired, it’s nice to see Rayman in the spotlight again in any way.

Plus it’s also great to see the old Rayman design in 3D again.
And it is funny to hear that "Yahoo!" from David again from Rayman 3 (though they obviously cut the rest of the clip where he's laughing and left a itty bitty part of it as Rayman jumps because of the missile?).

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
And it is funny to hear that "Yahoo!" from David again from Rayman 3 (though they obviously cut the rest of the clip where he's laughing and left a itty bitty part of it as Rayman jumps because of the missile?).
Yeah, that bit brought me back...

I hope one day we’ll see David Gasman return to voice Rayman again.

Only now made an account, just stopping by to show some love for our limbless boy
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
A584ABD8-63DA-4FDC-98FB-0129AE69DBE9.gif

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Overwhelmed..gif

I was of the camp that believed Spirits didn't necessarily deconfirm, but Spirit Battles are a different can o' worms....
...be real nice if Sakurai & the Smash team could elaborate on this.

KingOfKazoos

Smash Cadet
View attachment 179764

I was of the camp that believed Spirits didn't necessarily deconfirm, but Spirit Battles are a different can o' worms....
Yeah spirits and spirit battles are two different beasts. But if any of the DLC's are a previously existing spirit battle then my hope is regained fully.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I mean... Why wouldn't he be a Spirit Battle? At the end of the day, it's still a guest appearance, and guests tend to get special attention.

I'm not really convinced that this changes the situation that much.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think there’s a single Spirit that won’t have a Spirit Battle.

Maybe some very minor ones would be excluded, but it looks like just about all of them have a battle of some kind.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think there’s a single Spirit that won’t have a Spirit Battle.

Maybe some very minor ones would be excluded, but it looks like just about all of them have a battle of some kind.
Yah, the only other ways to get spirits are crafting (the recipes of which probably aren't gotten until you obtain a copy of the spirit first) and possibly buying them from the shop (but we've only seen fighter ones there so far).

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Every spirit has a spirit battle

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I’ve been playing a lot of Brawlhalla to pass the time until I get to play Ultimate, and Rayman is among my favorite characters to play as in that game. So sign me up as a supporter, please!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I’ve been playing a lot of Brawlhalla to pass the time until I get to play Ultimate, and Rayman is among my favorite characters to play as in that game. So sign me up as a supporter, please!
I'm not trying to talk ****, but I played a little of Brawlhalla's Rayman, and I felt it was so uninspired. I feel like he only had one attack truly unique to him

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I'm not trying to talk ****, but I played a little of Brawlhalla's Rayman, and I felt it was so uninspired. I feel like he only had one attack truly unique to him
He has like 6 unique attacks what are you talking about? I personally really like how they handled Rayman in brawlhalla

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, he has everything about him that is feasible to include in the engine, at least from Origins/Legends. The disembodied punches, magic fists from Legends, hovering and even a mushroom bounce to collect Lumas.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Well, he has everything about him that is feasible to include in the engine, at least from Origins/Legends. The disembodied punches, magic fists from Legends, hovering and even a mushroom bounce to collect Lumas.
I love the hovering attacks. Being able to move while charging them is freaking sweet.

KingOfKazoos

Smash Cadet
The main thing that bothers me is how they went around his gauntlets.

I mean REALLY?? Just making them bandages to trying and distinguish them? They could have easily just made his gauntlets the Heavy Metal Fist power from Rayman 3, problem solved.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The main thing that bothers me is how they went around his gauntlets.

I mean REALLY?? Just making them bandages to trying and distinguish them? They could have easily just made his gauntlets the Heavy Metal Fist power from Rayman 3, problem solved.
Does the Sir Rayelot costume have metal on his?

D

Deleted member

What I'm still stymied with is how Rayman is the only spirit from his series in the game. Yeah, the Rabbids are also in, but they are part of the Mario series.

Maybe we'll get more spirits as DLC or updates since PNGs are much easier to upload than actual trophy renders.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
What I'm still stymied with is how Rayman is the only spirit from his series in the game. Yeah, the Rabbids are also in, but they are part of the Mario series.

Maybe we'll get more spirits as DLC or updates since PNGs are much easier to upload than actual trophy renders.
I wouldn't be surprised if in-between DLC's we were peppered with free new Spirit Battles; due to how easy it seems to be.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Do Nintendo own the Rabbids? No. They're Ubisoft's, which mean they're part of the Rabbids franchise. This is not like Geno where his game was a Mario game through and through, even if Square still owns the character currently.

Top Bottom