• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It'd be a banger for us, but you know there would be complaints.

And Bayo fans were probably just that excited to see her wrap up Sm4sh DLC.

At any rate, tomorrow will be a weight off for sure. Regardless.
There would be complaints for any character that gets added. They could add Crash Bandicoot, throw in the Skyward Sword version of Impa as a free bonus character, and people would still complain because Waluigi wasn't made into a playable character, or we didn't get Kratos from God of War, or because Nintendo didn't negotiate with Disney to make Sora playable, or they didn't add Anna from Fire Emblem, or any number of other reasons. (nothing against the people who support those characters; I'm just using them as examples)

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie
I haven't visited this thread in a reeeaaally long time, but just hopping in to say that I'm really glad that despite the Rayman franchise being dead and it's parent company being a complete monsters, I'm still glad that the community is thriving is thriving nice and well, and his support for smash is probably the best example of it.
So whatever if he's in or not, it's been an honor to be at least a small part of it.
See y'all in two hours.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I haven't visited this thread in a reeeaaally long time, but just hopping in to say that I'm really glad that despite the Rayman franchise being dead and it's parent company being a complete monsters, I'm still glad that the community is thriving is thriving nice and well, and his support for smash is probably the best example of it.
So whatever if he's in or not, it's been an honor to be at least a small part of it.
See y'all in two hours.
Thank you m8. My thoughts exactly

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Mario and Rabbids gives Rayman the edge that the other fighter's don't have. That Nintendo and Ubisoft partnership may be far more mutually beneficial than we all assumed.
I'm still hoping that everything we've had in our favor so far is building up to something...

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie
Tbh I wanted them to at least release trailer so I can stop hyping myself or doubt about Ray in Smash lmao. But October 5th isn't too far, way more reasonable than waiting for Game Awards.
But overall the direct was reaaally good, the new Kirby game looks absolutely beautiful and I'm glad that the expectations of the game being in 3D were actually true, new Metroid Dread stuff is also a joy to see, but seeing an actual update for Animal Crossing made my jaw drop I did NOT expect it at all. Don't wanna get my hopes up, but I'm gonna be really happy if AC gonna get an actual update it deserves.
Also while not a fan of Splatoon or Bayonetta, both of the third games looks really sweet, I'm especially glad for Bayonetta fans.
And new stuff about Nintendo Switch Online were kinda like I expected - getting N64 Online was pretty hype, especially with the Sega Mega Drive games also coming completely out of field, but the whole paying more for it, despite Online already being more expensive than it needs to be is a classic Nintendo moment.
Also Mario Movie's cast. ****ing Jack Black Bowser.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Tbh I wanted them to at least release trailer so I can stop hyping myself or doubt about Ray in Smash lmao. But October 5th isn't too far, way more reasonable than waiting for Game Awards.
But overall the direct was reaaally good, the new Kirby game looks absolutely beautiful and I'm glad that the expectations of the game being in 3D were actually true, new Metroid Dread stuff is also a joy to see, but seeing an actual update for Animal Crossing made my jaw drop I did NOT expect it at all. Don't wanna get my hopes up, but I'm gonna be really happy if AC gonna get an actual update it deserves.
Also while not a fan of Splatoon or Bayonetta, both of the third games looks really sweet, I'm especially glad for Bayonetta fans.
And new stuff about Nintendo Switch Online were kinda like I expected - getting N64 Online was pretty hype, especially with the Sega Mega Drive games also coming completely out of field, but the whole paying more for it, despite Online already being more expensive than it needs to be is a classic Nintendo moment.
Also Mario Movie's cast. ****ing Jack Black Bowser.
Supporting a character like Rayman to be in Smash for 6+ years can be very tiring, I kinda just wanted it to be revealed so that I could finally let myself rest for a while, whether it ends up being in our favor or not. But hopefully our boy Rayman makes the cut on October 5th!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Supporting a character like Rayman to be in Smash for 6+ years can be very tiring, I kinda just wanted it to be revealed so that I could finally let myself rest for a while, whether it ends up being in our favor or not. But hopefully our boy Rayman makes the cut on October 5th!
I will say this, if you took Rayman and made his designer Japanese and swapped the sales of Europe and Japan for the Rayman series, I guarantee you Rayman would be in Smash right now. (Perhaps in it back in Smash 4).

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I will say this, if you took Rayman and made his designer Japanese and swapped the sales of Europe and Japan for the Rayman series, I guarantee you Rayman would be in Smash right now. (Perhaps in it back in Smash 4).
Not against considering the Japanese market but I do feel smash takes it into consideration a little too much considering how big smash is world wide. Everywhere else Rayman is definitely popular enough to have a spot on the roster!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not against considering the Japanese market but I do feel smash takes it into consideration a little too much considering how big smash is world wide. Everywhere else Rayman is definitely popular enough to have a spot on the roster!
I am not saying that is my preference, more just complaining about the reality of things based on some of the selections that we have seen in the DLC pass, etc.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
In case anyone is bored, there's one of those meaningless polls going on currently and Rayman is in it, in case you want to vote for him :) this isn't the final round so if you want to have fun keep an eye on it if you manage to keep Rayman to keep moving up!

Just killing time while we wait I guess… good luck to you all! I would like Rayman as well.

Last edited:

BanjoSteamboat

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new (actually I've been lurking since the beginning) I just decided to join since The final Character is about to be announced, I feel like it has got to be Rayman this time (or at least a mii, I was even routing for him to at least be an assist back in the day) even if we don't get him he at least has a shot to join Mario+rabbids 2 (one of the reasons is because the background in that game looks similar to the Olympus stage in Legends) we only have until the day after tomorrow to see if he is in or not, then again it Could be someone else.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hi I'm new (actually I've been lurking since the beginning) I just decided to join since The final Character is about to be announced, I feel like it has got to be Rayman this time (or at least a mii, I was even routing for him to at least be an assist back in the day) even if we don't get him he at least has a shot to join Mario+rabbids 2 (one of the reasons is because the background in that game looks similar to the Olympus stage in Legends) we only have until the day after tomorrow to see if he is in or not, then again it Could be someone else.
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully, Rayman does get in.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Thanks for joining us in our final moments of this game cycle! It's never too late to support the Rayman.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
So guys, I want to draw attention to this.
This is a Pushdustin translation of Sakurai tweeting in Japanese about the final character.

Assuming this tweet is targeted at Japanese fans, we could be looking at someone who is a western favourite but is pretty obscure over there.

Guess which character fits that description...

NotLedgerH

Smash Rookie
This is a Pushdustin translation of Sakurai tweeting in Japanese about the final character.

Assuming this tweet is targeted at Japanese fans, we could be looking at someone who is a western favourite but is pretty obscure over there.

lol I was just writing about this to you guys

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
We need to Brain Storm immediately, what character Fits that description besides Rayman…

the only other possible idea I have is Q*Bert, but that’s a Massive stretch as that Character was North American released Game and the Company went out of Business so there’s NOT much Cross-Promotion they can do with them.

Actually I can clarify that the Q*Bert rights are owned by None other than Sony themselves

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well that spices up things a lot.

Naturally my mind first went to Crash but then I remembered he's one of the most popular western characters in Japan.

Given how Rayman's games performed in Japan then maaaaybe, just maybe...

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Well that spices up things a lot.

Naturally my mind first went to Crash but then I remembered he's one of the most popular western characters in Japan.

Given how Rayman's games performed in Japan then maaaaybe, just maybe...
Whatever happens tomorrow, it's been a wild ride.

Lets hope our dream comes true tomorrow, and if not, lets continue supporting our boy into the future!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I feel like it's a general statement since people tend to "Literally who?" any character that comes out and brush it off like that.

But if I were to say who else works in this assumption... maybe Doom Slayer? Who while not as exciting would please me a whole bunch.

AnAmusingFellow

Smash Rookie
Didn't the Banjo-Kazooie trademark get updated the day before they got announced for Ultimate? Might be worth keeping an eye on that one Rayman trademark if anyone can find it

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Didn't the Banjo-Kazooie trademark get updated the day before they got announced for Ultimate? Might be worth keeping an eye on that one Rayman trademark if anyone can find it
This one - https://trademarks.justia.com/882/10/rayman-88210658.html
And this one - https://trademarks.justia.com/866/63/rayman-86663713.html
First one is a general trademark, the 2nd seems to be just for audio like music and stuff. General was last updated in June, music in April. Interesting to note is that the general one was first filed in November 2018, which would've been around the time DLC for Ultimate was finalized. Granted that was just for the 1st Pass, but DLC talks in general would've still been happening anyway, so it's possible this could still be for Smash. Plus, the activity indicated that Ubisoft gave the license to a 3rd Party company around December 2019, which would've been arounf the time FP2 was finalized.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
If it's Rayman's time tomorrow, someone needs to make a video compiling all the clues that led to his inclusion throughout the speculation cycle (Relationship with Nintendo, Purple Theory, Loose End Theory, Ubisoft Sam bot, Ubisoft Survey, trademarks, etc.) as well as the arguments used against his inclusion (Brawlhalla, TMNT leak, Amiibo, Japan popularity, Mii costumes).

It'd be a fun retrospect video to watch even a year from now.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Alright one more reveal trailer idea before we hit the road.

• Trailer starts with a camera pan at the DK household.
  • DK, Diddy, K. Rool, Banjo and Kazooie are slacking off.
  • During their slack-off session they make a lot of noise, which is picked up by a suspicious microphone.
1633403807270.png

• Granny Livingstone is pissed.
  • Darktoon army is unleashed to deal with these dumb animals.
1633403907659.png

• The Ray shows up to help.
  • Splash screen I'm not clever enough to make up.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Alright one more reveal trailer idea before we hit the road.

• Trailer starts with a camera pan at the DK household.
  • DK, Diddy, K. Rool, Banjo and Kazooie are slacking off.
  • During their slack-off session they make a lot of noise, which is picked up by a suspicious microphone.
View attachment 333182
  • Granny Livingstone is pissed.
  • Darktoon army is unleashed to deal with these dumb animals.
View attachment 333184
  • The Ray shows up to help.
  • Splash screen I'm not clever enough to make up.
Damn why has no one thought of this, this is a dope idea!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Damn why has no one thought of this, this is a dope idea!
It came to me at work today and it just wrote itself lol

I also had this idea of a trailer featuring Wario as a stand-in for the Hunter/Livingstone enemies, with Palutena as a stand-in for the Nymphs trapped in a cage while Pit tries to save her. Then after Pit fails to defeat Wario, Rayman flies in and beats Wario to the curb, but before Rayman can free Palu the cage grows legs and runs away, then you'd queue Tricky Treasure music and move onto the gameplay showcase.

Rayman gets the ladies.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey, everyone.

Can't say much right now since I have to get up early tomorrow, but I just want to wish you all good luck in getting our limbless boy tomorrow.

I haven't interacted much with you all recently since life has been busy, but just know that you all have a soft spot in my mind for the memories we have created.

Whatever happens, don't be sad that it's over.

Smile because it happened.

Top Bottom