• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys see this yet? They're making a Bomber-Man clone with various Ubisoft characters including Rayman.
We’ve known about this but it’s not new of discovery as it’s been around the different sources of footage. Also it’s just bland rip-off of Bomberman so it’s clearly not that interesting of a product

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Count me in.
I only have ties to Rayman through Brawlhalla but I understand the character's (and series's) appeal and I'm all in for it.
A fighter with spaced out hotboxes would be very unique, too. And I like how he plays in SSF2.

And in my personal opinion, the dude could fit Second Chance Theory. Maybe Ubisoft wants him, but Nintendo either wanted another character from Ubisoft or Rayman didn't work out initially... the first time. who knows, but again, I'd be down for it. Ending off on a western character would be great.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Count me in.
I only have ties to Rayman through Brawlhalla but I understand the character's (and series's) appeal and I'm all in for it.
A fighter with spaced out hotboxes would be very unique, too. And I like how he plays in SSF2.

And in my personal opinion, the dude could fit Second Chance Theory. Maybe Ubisoft wants him, but Nintendo either wanted another character from Ubisoft or Rayman didn't work out initially... the first time. who knows, but again, I'd be down for it. Ending off on a western character would be great.
I would be so happy if Rayman was the final character. All my dreams would come true.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Supposedly the final fighter's background colour leaked.

It's purple.

Grain of salt.

Yeeeep. Here we go again...

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I do think Rayman is going to be the final fighter judging from the dark orchid leak since his body is purple because he's the only spirit from his series in Ultimate, aside from the Rabbids in Mario + Rabbids. Plus he, Globox, and Barbera were trophies in 4 modeled by Ubisoft themselves.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Honestly, of all potential characters related to the color purple, Rayman does strike me as the most likely one, especially when factoring Ubisoft's weird activities in.
Yeah, same... It seems too odd after all that's happened for Rayman and Ubisoft for literally NOTHING to happen with him. As in, staying as simply a spirit would be weird, because of all that's happened.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yeah, same... It seems too odd after all that's happened for Rayman and Ubisoft for literally NOTHING to happen with him. As in, staying as simply a spirit would be weird, because of all that's happened.
We got him as a spirit so there was at least some talks for that go happen, and then Ubisoft miis happened but with no Rayman to be seen depsite him being the most talked about/requested Ubisoft character by a land slide.

If they were to notice even characters on the smaller end of gaming like Shantae then I strongly doubt they haven't noticed people wanting Rayman as well.

Hopefully we're in for something good🙏

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
We got him as a spirit so there was at least some talks for that go happen, and then Ubisoft miis happened but with no Rayman to be seen depsite him being the most talked about/requested Ubisoft character by a land slide.

If they were to notice even characters on the smaller end of gaming like Shantae then I strongly doubt they haven't noticed people wanting Rayman as well.

Hopefully we're in for something good🙏
Like I said plenty of times I'll take even just a costume at this point, not having ANYTHING new happen with him would literally be the most disappointing thing ever.

But of course I still want him as a full character more than anything!!!!

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the purple background was already debunked. People did digging and apparently every Eshop page has it.

This post explains it better than I can.

Honestly It doesn't really matter TOO much because we still have a lot of other stuff that is in Rayman's favor, even if it doesn't blossom into anything.

Edit: 9/1/2021:
Today is Rayman's 26th birthday wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
1630488043299.png

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace

Whether what this person said is true or not, it wouldn't surprise me. This damn company is so out of touch in regards to treating their employees with any amount of respect, it's ****ing maddening.

You got to love the bit about Rayman being outdated when they churn out the same stale games every year, sucking out any originality they once had.

Wish I could say happy birthday Rayman, but I can't with sincerity with the way everything is right now. **** Ubisoft!

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want an idea of the definition of Obscure Individual Games combined with Smash Bros Debuts with each Characters:
10. Marth - 2.9-Million Copies Sold
9. Min Min - 2.4-Million Copies Sold
8. Pyra/Mythra - 2.2-Million Copies Sold
7. Richter Belmont - 2.18-Million Copies Sold
6. Ice Climbers - 1.85-Million Copies Sold
5. Dark Pit - 1.35-Million Copies Sold
4. Ness - 1.27-Million Copies Sold
3. Ike - 1.03-Million Copies Sold
2. Lucas - 400,000 Copies Sold
1. Roy - 390,000 Copies Sold

Obscurity vary’s in Subjective Quantities and Remains inconsistent in Every Characters inclusion, for Rayman it’s a Matter of how Much of a Video Game Creative ways Sakurai can work with. It’s definitely NOT a secret that Sakurai is aware of the IP
56DFA177-558A-49A7-A40A-F37ABAA7DE7B.jpeg

and It’s NOT a secret that He’s been hearing the Demand for Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate hence the Ubisoft DLC Content still incomplete.

As long as these are still Factors, there’s still a Heavy Possibility by the End of this DLC we’ll get our Answer and Reach our Goal

Last edited:

Nova7087

Smash Rookie
There're are also all of the obscure spirits and assist trophies like Sukapon and Captain Rainbow that are still included in Ultimate, while Rayman has a whole franchise to himself to make him recognizable enough without Smash speculation. I mean, Sakurai does know about Globox and Barbara and he even included them as trophies in Smash 4... but they're not spirits in Ultimate. If they didn't want to include Rayman's friends as spirits and didn't want include too much spirits at launch, then why would they add more spirits post launch via events and DLC?

With Rayman's missing spirits and FP2 being the Missed Opportunity pass is convincing me that Rayman is locked in as Challenger Pack 11. And he has other legit evidence with to top it all off.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
There're are also all of the obscure spirits and assist trophies like Sukapon and Captain Rainbow that are still included in Ultimate, while Rayman has a whole franchise to himself to make him recognizable enough without Smash speculation. I mean, Sakurai does know about Globox and Barbara and he even included them as trophies in Smash 4... but they're not spirits in Ultimate. If they didn't want to include Rayman's friends as spirits and didn't want include too much spirits at launch, then why would they add more spirits post launch via events and DLC?

With Rayman's missing spirits and FP2 being the Missed Opportunity pass is convincing me that Rayman is locked in as Challenger Pack 11. And he has other legit evidence with to top it all off.
God I hope so.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Fellas, with this direct coming up, we may be in the home stretch. I really hope for Rayman among other crowd favorites like Master Chief or Arle and yet I think Rayman is most likely given Rabbids spark of hope next year and the demand our limbless wonder has had the past 6 years. I sure hope his time comes tomorrow!
image - 2021-09-22T110655.589.png

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Alright. It's been a boring and quiet three months of waiting, but here comes our final shot at this thing. I still have moderate amounts of hope. Or at least hope that it will be an exciting character one way or the other... but team Rayman all the way, of course!

If tomorrow is the day, then we're throwing a ****ing party, cause we deserve it.

If tomorrow is not the day, I'm still hoping to see you all for the Sakurai Presents and root for the best Mii Costume in the game. Bittersweet but better than nothing. And then after that I'll be seeing you in like 6-8 years to root again, I'll be waiting patiently.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Fellas, with this direct coming up, we may be in the home stretch. I really hope for Rayman among other crowd favorites like Master Chief or Arle and yet I think Rayman is most likely given Rabbids spark of hope next year and the demand our limbless wonder has had the past 6 years. I sure hope his time comes tomorrow! View attachment 331099
Alright. It's been a boring and quiet three months of waiting, but here comes our final shot at this thing. I still have moderate amounts of hope. Or at least hope that it will be an exciting character one way or the other... but team Rayman all the way, of course!

If tomorrow is the day, then we're throwing a ****ing party, cause we deserve it.

If tomorrow is not the day, I'm still hoping to see you all for the Sakurai Presents and root for the best Mii Costume in the game. Bittersweet but better than nothing. And then after that I'll be seeing you in like 6-8 years to root again, I'll be waiting patiently.
This is it, our last chance. Lets pray and hope that all our efforts finally gets rewarded!!

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
I joined this place what seems like ages ago, when the RaymanforSmash Twitter account started reporting all the weird activity that was going on with the trademarks and such. It's insane to me how that only seemed like yesterday, and now here we finally are, at the end. It has been an absolute pleasure riding the hype wave with guys, and no matter what happens tomorrow, I will always cherish the conversations and speculation that we did here.

THAT BEING SAID. DON'T FORGET EVERYTHING WE HAVE GOING IN OUR FAVOR.

If we're doing this one last time, then we're gonna do it HARD. Everything that's happened: the trademarks, Ubisoft's survey, the Sam bot, the Facebook post with old concept art, the continued collaboration with Mario and Rabbids 2. There's still so much going in Rayman's favor, and I didn't even list all of it! Keep those heads held high, Raybros. There is SOMETHING going on with our limbless wonder. I just know it.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Alright looks like Everything I collected for Information on Rayman and Ubisoft in Smash Bros Ultimate is NOW Greenlit for Potential Homestretch. As the LAST KNOWN Content they loaned was the Mii Costumes in the First Volume of DLC (Byleth Pack) which is what is Favoring Ubisoft getting a Fighter Pack in this Second Volume. Although the Data as Strong as it stands can Potentially lead to Nothing The Journey to How Far We Fought for Rayman shows that we’ve got our Childhood Character Trending exclusively for Smash Bros.

Even though I dismissed this Theory a few Months ago, Rayman’s Spirit NOT showing up in EVERY SINGLE SMASH WEEKLY EVENT might actually be a Good sign that the Rayman Character and Series is being planned for Re-Introduction Globally potentially Tomorrow, especially when 72% of the Spirit Board Weekly Events are Rayman theme related.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I'm skeptical to believe this means anything but.. really? It hasn't? That's freaking weird if true lol
It was especially strange when there was a spirit event for PURPLE characters and he wasn't included in it.

I even checked the list of spirits that were included in that event in the actual game itself when it actually launched and he wasn't listed there either.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I'm skeptical to believe this means anything but.. really? It hasn't? That's freaking weird if true lol
If you go look up ALL The Weekly Events on the Smash Bros game weekly news you’ll see that NONE OF THEM featured Rayman

NotLedgerH

Smash Rookie
Sam Bot, Survey, Trademarks, 2 Mario & Rabbid Games, No Globox or Barbara Spirits, Mii Costumes, Grant Kirkhope, and Ubisoft's Support. Let's see if any of this pays off tomorrow.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I joined this place what seems like ages ago, when the RaymanforSmash Twitter account started reporting all the weird activity that was going on with the trademarks and such. It's insane to me how that only seemed like yesterday, and now here we finally are, at the end. It has been an absolute pleasure riding the hype wave with guys, and no matter what happens tomorrow, I will always cherish the conversations and speculation that we did here.

THAT BEING SAID. DON'T FORGET EVERYTHING WE HAVE GOING IN OUR FAVOR.

If we're doing this one last time, then we're gonna do it HARD. Everything that's happened: the trademarks, Ubisoft's survey, the Sam bot, the Facebook post with old concept art, the continued collaboration with Mario and Rabbids 2. There's still so much going in Rayman's favor, and I didn't even list all of it! Keep those heads held high, Raybros. There is SOMETHING going on with our limbless wonder. I just know it.
Literally the only reason that keeps me from truly believing we have a chance (given all the evidence you've listed) is because Smash has always had the tendency of not ending things with a banger. Would be very happy of being proven wrong.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Literally the only reason that keeps me from truly believing we have a chance (given all the evidence you've listed) is because Smash has always had the tendency of not ending things with a banger. Would be very happy of being proven wrong.
It'd be a banger for us, but you know there would be complaints.

And Bayo fans were probably just that excited to see her wrap up Sm4sh DLC.

At any rate, tomorrow will be a weight off for sure. Regardless.

Top Bottom