• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I don’t believe he said he has the last 2-fighters base figures
No, the literal citation was "I have a locked drawer that includes figures of unreleased fighters".

I guess that means that Sakurai has about the two remaining characters, and maybe characters that we don't know about.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Hmmmm, yeah. Lets hope that Rayman is in that drawer lol---
I would like to mention that I don't think Sakurai was being literal as in saying "every fighter thats going to be on the roster was in my drawer before they were revealed"

King K Rool and Min Min are two characters that have NEVER, at least not until their Smash amiibo, had figures made of them. So saying that a character can be deconfirmed just because a figure of them doesn't exist for Sakurai to have in his drawer is absurd and dumb.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
He obviously didn't want to show his Luffys, his Gokus and whatever other character isn't in Smash yet cause he knows the community is kind of silly and would think they are confirmed if he shows them alongside the rest.

With that said, Sakurai owning a Rayman statue would be baller.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He obviously didn't want to show his Luffys, his Gokus and whatever other character isn't in Smash yet cause he know the community is kind of silly and would think they are confirmed if he shows them alongside the rest.

With that said, Sakurai owning a Rayman statue would be baller.
Would be fun to see if he got the statue of him acting as a lookout, that'd be impressive.

Oh, this reminds me of the incident on Shinya Kumazaki's Instagram account where he displayed his Dragon Quest and Dragon Ball merch, and some fans went "oh **** :ulthero3:confirmed!" while others went "just let him post his swag in peace for Pete's sake". 😛

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Would be fun to see if he got the statue of him acting as a lookout, that'd be impressive.

Oh, this reminds me of the incident on Shinya Kumazaki's Instagram account where he displayed his Dragon Quest and Dragon Ball merch, and some fans went "oh **** :ulthero3:confirmed!" while others went "just let him post his swag in peace for Pete's sake". 😛
Isn't the statue life-sized?
Would be hilarious to see Sakurai compare the statue with the rest of the figurines.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
People will seriously use anything, even the dumbest thing in order to gatekeep a character from getting in Smash. It's so pathetic.
I've legit already seen some people saying this on Twitter.

Some of them even said that K Rool and Min Min are Nintendo characters so despite not having any figures available, Sakurai can "easily get models of them" like they're just spitting out a bunch of **** just because they don't like Rayman or don't want him

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
I called it that Monster Hunter costumes would just come back. Can't say I expected Arthur in that deal, though.

In any case, I'm feeling good about chances for a double reveal on E3.
Alright, calling it now. Double reveal Crash and Rayman at E3. It'll be like the Banjo and Hero reveal: one at the beginning, one at the end.

If I'm right, I'll get Rayman's smash render tattooed on my left arm.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, calling it now. Double reveal Crash and Rayman at E3. It'll be like the Banjo and Hero reveal: one at the beginning, one at the end.

If I'm right, I'll get Rayman's smash render tattooed on my left arm.
Not really sure about that. Hero is an eastern character and Banjo a western one. I don't think we'll get two western characters and announced at the same time.

But what do I know. I'm only saying this because I feel it's too good of an scenario. I also thought back in the day that Hero and Banjo being both announced at E3 sounded too good and that only one could be revealed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
We need characters to fill the platformer and fighting genre like Banjo and Terry. So come on Rayman and Ryu Hayabusa!

Well, Hayabusa would also be covering 2D side scrolling action platformer and 3D action brawler, but you catch my drift. ;)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I really don't understand why people are sleeping on Rayman so much. Even without all this evidence he seems like an obvious frontrunner to me.
Because "no Japan demand means nothing". As if that was a strong factor for much of anything. :ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultduckhunt::ultrob:

We need characters to fill the platformer and fighting genre like Banjo and Terry. So come on Rayman and Ryu Hayabusa!

Well, Hayabusa would also be covering 2D side scrolling action platformer and 3D action brawler, but you catch my drift. ;)
Speaking of which, I heard that :ultdarkpit: glitched recently, do you think that would point towards Hayabusa? Seeing as characters glitching imply that they're being used as a base for newcomers, no matter how unlikely.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Speaking of which, I heard that :ultdarkpit: glitched recently, do you think that would point towards Hayabusa? Seeing as characters glitching imply that they're being used as a base for newcomers, no matter how unlikely.
Hmmm.... I'm not sure. They seem pretty different from one another. Though, I don't have a clue what other character this could allude to. 🤔

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
K. Rool was actually one of the top Japan request, if not THE top request. Banjo was decently popular as well, though not as big as in the west.

fwiw Terry might be more popular in Japan than he was in the west lol
Not to mention South America (especially Brazil). The SNK fighting scene is huge there.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
K. Rool was actually one of the top Japan request, if not THE top request. Banjo was decently popular as well, though not as big as in the west.

Wait really? Because from what I remember K Rool and Banjo were both primarily huge western requests. Never really saw people in Japan asking for either of them. As far as I know about Terry, the majority of his requests came from Latin America/South America/Brazil, rather than Japan.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Wait really? Because from what I remember K Rool and Banjo were both primarily huge western requests. Never really saw people in Japan asking for either of them. As far as I know about Terry, the majority of his requests came from Latin America/South America/Brazil, rather than Japan.
JapaneseDLC3.png

Well it's cause I remember this poll from back in the ballot days that used compiled data from multiple polls.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.... I'm not sure. They seem pretty different from one another. Though, I don't have a clue what other character this could allude to. 🤔
Windmill Shuriken is a Guidable Weapon for Hayabusa and shoots them periodically

unlike Simon’s and Richter’s Holy Cross where it returns to them, the dark arrow is a guidable one shot weapon and the Windmill Shuriken is aswell

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Despite this, not popular in Japan was used as a common argument against K Rool. The reason is because none of us actually know what's popular in Japan or not, people just throw it around as a buzz term to "disconfirm" characters they don't want.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Despite this, not popular in Japan was used as a common argument against K Rool. The reason is because none of us actually know what's popular in Japan or not, people just throw it around as a buzz term to "disconfirm" characters they don't want.
Exactly, no one can say if characters like Crash Bandicoot is popular in Japan either, or, at the very least, we don't really look into Japanese Smash communities to see whos popular and whos not.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
View attachment 306294
Well it's cause I remember this poll from back in the ballot days that used compiled data from multiple polls.
Out of curiosity, have you been able to find any polls from back in the Smash 4 days (before the Crash N Sane Trilogy) because I'm pretty sure that Crash wasn't as widely and frequently requested back then as he is now, while I get the feeling that Rayman was definitely at least on there at that point in some capacity.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For what it's worth, Crash had an entire Facebook page dedicated to his Smash 4 support: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Crash-Bandicoot-for-Smash-4-447905735387110/posts/

Plus, these videos about voting for Crash on the ballot were uploaded on YT in 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV05TQoAc6Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwsLw9rPTKU

At least one DA upload tackling the subject: https://www.deviantart.com/toxicisland/art/Bout-time-I-did-the-Smash-Bros-Fighter-Ballot-536240811

Then there's this user who went on record saying that he made this drawing years ago: https://twitter.com/NickDontHEY/status/973571604671352832

So I wouldn't say his support was entirely inexistent, just buried under Shantae, Shovel Knight, Banjo, Walugi and others.

Top Bottom