• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
So! Nintendo! If Rabbid Kong in the game as a spirit and you'll add Rayman in Smash Ultimate as a new DLC fighter... can we have this!? Please! Please!

Just wanted to share my drawing of concep of Rayman teaming up with Rabbid Kong Spirit. Would be awesome to have them both in the Story Mode!
I like Rabbids a bit.
And... Did you find the reference? XD

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So! Nintendo! If Rabbid Kong in the game as a spirit and you'll add Rayman in Smash Ultimate as a new DLC fighter... can we have this!? Please! Please!

Just wanted to share my drawing of concep of Rayman teaming up with Rabbid Kong Spirit. Would be awesome to have them both in the Story Mode!
I like Rabbids a bit.
And... Did you found a reference? XD
[STAND]
RABBID KONG

[STAND MASTER]
RAYMAN

I take it that’s the reference. :p

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I believe Nintendo picking the DLC characters really gives Rayman a shot in his non existent arm.

There is very little reason not to include Rayman at this point:
-Ubisoft relations are doing well.
-Rabbids content current in game but no sign of Rayman, Globox or others.
-DLC having ballot influence could prove big. No body benefited from the timing of that more than Rayman thanks to the outrage over the fake Artsy Omni leak.

Gotta look out for Geno but once his journey ends (whether it be a disaster or not) I'll be pulling for this thingamajig

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Then explain why every rabbid is a spirit and rayman is nowhere to be seen as a spirit.
I do think that Rayman has a better choice, but the Grinch taught me that being hopeful is not a safe thing to do. Remember that Smash likes to leave the most devastating surprises for the end, as proven with Isaac and Shadow. They could easily do the same thing, showing Rayman as a surprise Spirit.

D

Deleted member

I do think that Rayman has a better choice, but the Grinch taught me that being hopeful is not a safe thing to do. Remember that Smash likes to leave the most devastating surprises for the end, as proven with Isaac and Shadow. They could easily do the same thing, showing Rayman as a surprise Spirit.
Man screw the grinch he won’t be a surprise spirit for all I know

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Man screw the grinch he won’t be a surprise spirit for all I know
Ignore the Grinch, but look at Isaac, Shadow and Skull Kid. Smash proves that they can't do too many great surprises, they have to have some sad surprises too.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wait... Rayman might have the longer range in the game... Remember those Ki blasts from 2... that bounced...?

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone,

With the recent new that Nintendo chose the DLC characters, I personnaly thinks it makes 1st party popular Nintendo characters less likely but boosts 3rd party picks and new advertising Nintendo characters few people know about (like Corrin or Katalina).
My Dixie dream is probably dead, but I'm starting to hope for Rayman, he is my most wanted 3rd party, so I fully support him.
I see him a likely candidate because of the good relation Nintendo has with Ubisoft.
On top of that imaginne the awesome musics it would bring to the game !
Hope we can have a lot, because there are a lot to choose !
From the first Rayman to the last: Origin and Legend, those newer games have amazing tracks and they probably are the best platformer games of today.
Remember Rayman Legend was supposed to be a Nintendo exclusivity.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hello everyone,

With the recent new that Nintendo chose the DLC characters, I personnaly thinks it makes 1st party popular Nintendo characters less likely but boosts 3rd party picks and new advertising Nintendo characters few people know about (like Corrin or Katalina).
My Dixie dream is probably dead, but I'm starting to hope for Rayman, he is my most wanted 3rd party, so I fully support him.
I see him a likely candidate because of the good relation Nintendo has with Ubisoft.
On top of that imaginne the awesome musics it would bring to the game !
Hope we can have a lot, because there are a lot to choose !
From the first Rayman to the last: Origin and Legend, those newer games have amazing tracks and they probably are the best platformer games of today.
Remember Rayman Legend was supposed to be a Nintendo exclusivity.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams. ;)

Btw, I found a really good video compiling all evidence about Rayman's inclusion in Smash Ultimate and it is up to date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2JtOaHzBpE

What do you guys think of this? He does have valid points. :)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams. ;)

Btw, I found a really good video compiling all evidence about Rayman's inclusion in Smash Ultimate and it is up to date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2JtOaHzBpE

What do you guys think of this? He does have valid points. :)
Ohhh, a LaxChris video that I actually enjoyed watching? That's great.

I agree with everything and I love how he calls Michael Ancel "Western Sakurai" because of similar backstories (and not mentioned but both Kirby and Rayman have to do with dreams so that's even funnier)

I'm more confident in Rayman than ever. Let's push forward, lads.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Ohhh, a LaxChris video that I actually enjoyed watching? That's great.

I agree with everything and I love how he calls Michael Ancel "Western Sakurai" because of similar backstories (and not mentioned but both Kirby and Rayman have to do with dreams so that's even funnier)

I'm more confident in Rayman than ever. Let's push forward, lads.
Yeah. I usually dislike LaxChris style of videos, but I like that he covers these types of videos instead of just fake leaks (which is pretty annoying if you ask me). I really feel it would make a lot of sense for Nintendo to choose Rayman to show that friendly relationship with Ubisoft they had over the past few years. Plus, the latter, just like with Phil Spencer with Banjo, is totally on board including Rayman into Smash, and since we already have Ubisoft content in Ultimate with Spirits, I guess the negotiations should not be as difficult for Rayman compared to Banjo.

So yeah I feel a lot more confident about Rayman's inclusion. It just really depends on how much Nintendo wants to push their friendly relationship with Ubisoft to justify Rayman's inclusion. I just hope he happens, bc Rayman is really the only third party character I really want in the game now (he was the character I voted for in the Smash Ballot). :)

Last edited:

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
I can now forgive LaxChris for clickbaiting Rayman in one of his thumbnails. Even if that video is really poorly executed, I sat through the whole thing and actually learned a few things!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ignore the Grinch, but look at Isaac, Shadow and Skull Kid. Smash proves that they can't do too many great surprises, they have to have some sad surprises too.
They give us ****ing Isabella and Incineroar but not those characters. Honestly, it makes me so mad I wish I could meet Sakurai and the crew face to face and slug them.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
They give us ****ing Isabella and Incineroar but not those characters. Honestly, it makes me so mad I wish I could meet Sakurai and the crew face to face and slug them.
Hey now no need to be violent over a game.

Although Isabella is by far the lamest addition to this game. Sorrynotsorry

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
That LaxChris video was of poor quality, and there were a few points that the PowerPoint made that were misinformed, but it was nice to get a little solidarity.

Honestly, I'm pretty hopeful for Rayman at this point. I only hope we can get him sooner rather than later so I can get competent enough with his moveset to take him to tourneys.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I just got Brawlhalla for $ 9.99 on Switch. Fun but man the AI is hard. I just beat the first tower on "Easy" but it wasn't easy.

Sorry... that was Brawlout. I am DLing Brawlhalla now.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Now for your daily dose of reassurance, fresh from the latest Reddit poll.
...Kinda hurts me to see Shantae ranked higher than Dixie Kong, but that's another topic for another forum

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
seeing as 4 in front of him have been deconfirmed he's in the 5th spot! thats looking good!

https://i.imgur.com/B3TEg8p.jpg

I took the liberty of marking each fighter with wat we know of them. Let me know if I made a mistake

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
4th if Spirits actually do mean deconfirmation. Which I'm not that sure of myself.
there's 3 assists and one where he specifically stated they couldnt get him in the game

edit: oops misread your post there sorry mate

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Call me crazy, but I still think Rex and Pyra do have a shot.

Maybe they’ve taken a substantial hit, but they are still pretty popular as of now. If Nintendo want to capitalize on that, I’m sure they would turn a blind eye to the already existing Mii costume.

At the very least Mii Costumes/Spirits have a better chance at promotion than Assist Trophies.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Call me crazy, but I still think Rex and Pyra do have a shot.

Maybe they’ve taken a substantial hit, but they are still pretty popular as of now. If Nintendo want to capitalize on that, I’m sure they would turn a blind eye to the already existing Mii costume.

At the very least Mii Costumes/Spirits have a better chance at promotion than Assist Trophies.
As a Rex supporter who's now backing Elma, Rex has a better shot for a hypothetical Wave 2 DLC. The way Sakurai made such a big deal about the costume and how he's not in the game in the direct leads me to think that he won't even be part of the 5 DLC, or else what's the point of the costume? Again, if Wave 2 happens then I fully expect a promotion from Mii Costume.

My stance on Spirits is that... there's reason to believe both arguments. Deconfirmation vs Not really
>Trophies being promoted in 4
>Sakurai quoting "This will help you enjoy characters who aren't fighters" + the presence of Fighter Spiritd which aren't equippable.

So again, I'm not sure. If Geno, Dixie , Rex or Chorus Kids happen then I'll be happy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
As a Rex supporter who's now backing Elma, Rex has a better shot for a hypothetical Wave 2 DLC. The way Sakurai made such a big deal about the costume and how he's not in the game in the direct leads me to think that he won't even be part of the 5 DLC, or else what's the point of the costume? Again, if Wave 2 happens then I fully expect a promotion from Mii Costume.

My stance on Spirits is that... there's reason to believe both arguments. Deconfirmation vs Not really
>Trophies being promoted in 4
>Sakurai quoting "This will help you enjoy characters who aren't fighters" + the presence of Fighter Spiritd which aren't equippable.

So again, I'm not sure. If Geno, Dixie , Rex or Chorus Kids happen then I'll be happy.
Smash speculation is an odd beast.

You think you have it all figured out, but Sakurai throws in the curveball.

Who knows what will happen next? :confused:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I'm with Zoro on Rex. I feel like hisw chances are dead rn. if theres a wave two then maybe but def not this round. Sakurai wouldnt have made such a big deal of of the Mii costume otherwise. It seemed like he really regretted not being able to put them in. (I dont mind tbh I kinda hate xenoblade so I personally feel Shulk is more than enough for the xenoblade franchise).

so yes SNU.. you're crazy :p

About spirits.. yeah thats tricky.. I feel like it isnt a straight deconfirm but it kinda puts a dent in their chances I feel

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, I mainly just tend to support Bandana Dee around here, but... I've been thinking about it lately, and I don't think I'd mind having Rayman in Smash. He's certainly one of the best picks for 3rd Party DLC. Ah heck, go ahead and add me to the supporters!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well i tried to post fat Rayman and I failed.

I hope he makes it in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dudes, something just hit me. After skimming through the OP, I think we've hit 300 supporters!
Congrats

On the other note

Let’s all just say the rabbids aren’t coming rayman is he can promote Ubisoft and he’s responsible for the rabbids the source of the rabbids

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the double post but I have to post this
47E09E7B-B313-48C2-84AA-CC1F5DF2F295.jpeg

If anyone saw this she is a troll so all of you should not be listening to her SuperiorYoshi87 SuperiorYoshi87 from the banjo thread stated this about her

“Furthermore after catching up on this whole Hitagi thing reading the reddit and what not I think she's a fraud. Sure she's had credible leak's with other stuff but so did other leakers who got things wrong. That guy mystic supposedly had gotten things right in the past, LoZ18 had supposedly gotten things right in the past.. all of them ended up being wrong in the end. Now Hitagi is the next to show up spouting off about this or that character and everyone's hooking right into it..

Remember when the Mystic guy heavily hinted towards Sora and Lloyd being DLC? Every body ate it up.. he also claimed Isaac was in and playable.. then back tracked and said he's in but he's not sure after Vergeben said he was an assist.

Hitagi claims that nothing has been said about Sora or Lloyd. So.. now no one talks about them. Why? Because the newest "leaker" threw their hat into the ring.

Remember the Devil May Cry leak that got all the info on the new DMC game 100% correct followed by a claim that a Smash reveal for Dante would happen? Guess what wasnt real despite the leaker being correct.. this Hitagi person hasn't shown up in Smash speculation until now that DLC is coming and so far hasn't said anything other than piggy back off of Vergeben who's been the only credible leaker. All she does is shoot down every character in that reddit thread.

Here's a short list of straight no's she's given for DLC that she claims she knows

Lloyd
Banjo
Sora
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
No other Final Fantasy character

Any popular choice has been shot down by her. So who is the DLC?! It's looking like trolling at this point.”

Btw spirits don’t deconfirm

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
View attachment 178359
If anyone saw this she is a troll so all of you should not be listening to her SuperiorYoshi87 SuperiorYoshi87 from the banjo thread stated this about her

“Furthermore after catching up on this whole Hitagi thing reading the reddit and what not I think she's a fraud. Sure she's had credible leak's with other stuff but so did other leakers who got things wrong. That guy mystic supposedly had gotten things right in the past, LoZ18 had supposedly gotten things right in the past.. all of them ended up being wrong in the end. Now Hitagi is the next to show up spouting off about this or that character and everyone's hooking right into it..

Remember when the Mystic guy heavily hinted towards Sora and Lloyd being DLC? Every body ate it up.. he also claimed Isaac was in and playable.. then back tracked and said he's in but he's not sure after Vergeben said he was an assist.

Hitagi claims that nothing has been said about Sora or Lloyd. So.. now no one talks about them. Why? Because the newest "leaker" threw their hat into the ring.

Remember the Devil May Cry leak that got all the info on the new DMC game 100% correct followed by a claim that a Smash reveal for Dante would happen? Guess what wasnt real despite the leaker being correct.. this Hitagi person hasn't shown up in Smash speculation until now that DLC is coming and so far hasn't said anything other than piggy back off of Vergeben who's been the only credible leaker. All she does is shoot down every character in that reddit thread.

Here's a short list of straight no's she's given for DLC that she claims she knows

Lloyd
Banjo
Sora
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong

Any popular choice has been shot down by her. So who is the DLC?! It's looking like trolling at this point.”

You forgot the part where they backed out on Katalina/Grandblue character a few days ago after being so confident in her.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
View attachment 178359

Lloyd
Banjo
Sora
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong

Ya I don't think she's credible at all, just banking off verge and what not

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hitagi flip-flops around too much for me to take them too seriously, even if they have Verge’s blessing.

Still, if they are telling the truth, their post doesn’t mean Rayman is deconfrimed, they just haven’t heard about him.

Verge didn’t say anything about K. Rool, but he got in anyway.

At the very least, I’m glad Granblue lady is out of the question now.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That Granblue stuff was absurd. I literally never heard about it before the rumors, and it's an anime thing? Like, why would they even go for that?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That Granblue stuff was absurd. I literally never heard about it before the rumors, and it's an anime thing? Like, why would they even go for that?
It’s a gacha game from Japan that’s pretty popular.

Nintendo is currently working with the company behind it (CyGames) for another mobile game called Dragalia Lost and also holds some stock in the company.

There was some solid ground for the rumor, but it looks like it won’t be a thing.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I've never posted here before, but... Rayman is my most wanted Smash character. I'm starting a new series about characters in general, but to start, I made this video. I'd love to hear what you think!

Top Bottom