• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
An interesting thought and idea came to me.

Assume Rayman is FP7. What if we get an cinematic reveal trailer that not only features the ARMS rep but Rayman as well. It'd be fitting given how both relies on using their arms.

Like how Kencineroar were revealed in the same trailer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Assume Rayman is FP7. What if we get an cinematic reveal trailer that not only features the ARMS rep but Rayman as well. It'd be fitting given how both relies on using their arms.

That's a fairly astute revelation on your part. The only caveat is that every character presentation from :ulthero: onwards focused on just the one character that was already revealed, with only :ultbyleth: having been hidden beforehand.

Would Sak change up the formula for the sake of the next pass?

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

I was actually thinking about this last week. It'd be perfect having Rayman revealed right after the ARMS rep; the first being a character with extendable arms, while the other... DON'T NEED NO ARMS! :2gud: #Raymanthuglife :denzel:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
If they did a double reveal trailer with ARMS and Rayman, then I'd want them to have Biff commentate on Rayman and telling the ARMS fighter to show him why arms matter too, as if they were introducing him ingame in ARMS. Imagine if in the picture below, it was Rayman instead of Kid Cobra.

armsintro.png

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
If they did a double reveal trailer with ARMS and Rayman, then I'd want them to have Biff commentate on Rayman and telling the ARMS fighter to show him why arms matter too, as if they were introducing him ingame in ARMS. Imagine if in the picture below, it was Rayman instead of Kid Cobra.

View attachment 272001
That would actually be a Hell of a Double Reveal as you first reveal the Arms Character (who I’m 100% believing based on the Bayonetta Glitch and the Fandom Favoritism of the character to be) Twintelle as you show the Gameplay footage of how she plays before her Opponent, than you have the Arms opponent Character gets knocked out by mysterious figure that has No Arms who reveals himself to be Rayman.
0D7AE9FA-55A8-4D61-81A7-201DFC13230F.jpeg

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That would actually be a Hell of a Double Reveal as you first reveal the Arms Character (who I’m 100% believing based on the Bayonetta Glitch and the Fandom Favoritism of the character to be) Twintelle as you show the Gameplay footage of how she plays before her Opponent, than you have the Arms opponent Character gets knocked out by mysterious figure that has No Arms who reveals himself to be Rayman.
View attachment 272002
I will admit that Twintelle is my favorite ARMS character (though I'm also pretty partial to Spring Man, actually); and I have thoguht Twintelle and Min Min would be the character choices since ARMS came out.

But I do think Twintelle would only get in as an echo. I think there is some validity to wanting the ARMS character to fight with their ARMS. It's completely trivial, and also quite important.

Then again, Twintelle and Min Min are both a great East and West representation- not to mention, there is an entire audience that can see themselves in a black character (which currently we don't have, nor does gaming have much of a selection within).

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
As "reaching" as I'm used to be, I thought of Rayman revealed at the same time as the ARMS rep immediatly.
I even thought his splashtext could be :

"RAYMAN COMES UNARMED!"

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
As "reaching" as I'm used to be, I thought of Rayman revealed at the same time as the ARMS rep immediatly.
I even thought his splashtext could be :

"RAYMAN COMES UNARMED!"
I think it's funny and cool how so many people have thought about how cool and Arms and Rayman double reveal would be. It just makes so much sense on paper

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
That's a fairly astute revelation on your part. The only caveat is that every character presentation from :ulthero: onwards focused on just the one character that was already revealed, with only :ultbyleth: having been hidden beforehand.

Would Sak change up the formula for the sake of the next pass?
It could be a part of why the Arms character was “revealed” so early. Also maybe the opportunity was too good for Sakurai to pass up on?

I was thinking about it & I think Rayman’s render would be similar to this, so that it could work as an Amiibo.

6BF8E705-1DD5-4456-8F01-477C31BE5F60.png

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Which part of the fighters pass do you guys think Rayman will show up in if he's in?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Rayman being revealed right after the ARMS rep is just too good of a call. The contrast between a fighter with long arms, versus a limbless character. The ARMS character be like "who's ready to catch these ARMS?!", while Rayman jump in saying "dunno about you but ya'll sure getting THESE HANDS!!!". :denzel:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
If the "Kencineroar trailer continuation" theory is correct, the second spot. If not, somewhere around the middle, I guess.
[Smash Logo shows]
https://youtu.be/9AiDRCOyktw

We’re in the Big Battlefield (Cinematic Presentation) with Several Arms Characters duking it out for the Floating Invitation flying around them, but each time they try to Grab The Invitation it Goes past them as they can’t Grasp it because of the Gloves They wear. The Big Boss himself Max Brass intervenes each Arms Characters Chance as He knocks out each Arms Fighter which leaves only Spring-Man, Ribbon Girl & Min-Min fighting Max Brass who takes out both Ribbon Girl & Min-Min out of the Battlefield, Spring-Man goes for the Punch only to Hit the CRYSTAL and for Max Brass to connect a Massive Punch towards him off the Battlefield. As he poses He forgets about the invitation which is now Grabbed by the Normal Handed Twintelle with her Fingers tightly gripped of the Smash Invitation with the Tagline (Twintelle Doesn’t Need Gloves) [Gameplay Footage of Twintelle) making her the Victor, but Max Brass doesn’t take this defeat lightly and decides to throw his Brass Punch at Her only for the Punch to BREAK THE ICE CRYSTAL behind Her as it Explodes. Brass goes for the Knockout Blow on Twintelle, but is Punched by a Flying Fist that knocks out Max Brass off of the Stage, Twintelle looks behind Her and sees a Shadowed figure from the once standing Broken Crystal and jumps out to Grab the invitation and reveal Himself to be Rayman with the Tagline (Rayman Doesn’t Need Arms {or Legs}) [Teaser Gameplay Footage of Rayman]. Twintelle and Rayman does a Fist Bump in Celebration of their Inclusion as Twintelle carry’s Rayman on top of Her Shoulders with the Both of them Celebrating in the Red Carpet of Cinema Deux (Twintelle Arms & Smash Bros Stage).

DBB0006E-561F-436C-973B-72738C99B04A.jpeg

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Arms & Rayman is shown

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh? Positive or negative?
It started to cease by my post, it seems-

mostly it was positive, with similar conversation about how
1- it makes sense with ARMS
2- an amiibo is difficult (at least if the imagination is sparce)

4ZURE

Smash Cadet
Man, I want Rayman, but I‘ve been doubtful for awhile now. Add him and Crash, then platformers need no further representation unless SpongeBob becomes a possibility.

not to mention, there is an entire audience that can see themselves in a black character (which currently we don't have, nor does gaming have much of a selection within).
Villager can now be black, and so can Inkling. One could also say Ganondorf fits the mold.

an amiibo is difficult (at least if the imagination is sparce)
They can try to keep hands close to body and head. Then connect the head to the back of the hoodie. As for feet and torso, you may need the clear plastic.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We still have 5 more chances for him if it turns out the ARMS fighter is a spirit upgrade.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Thought of going back to listen Rayman 2's ost and damn, for a game from the N64 era, most tracks in the game are bangers. :shades: Hmm... would be nice if Ubisoft got on that remastering fever and brought back Rayman 1 through 3 in a collection (or at least 2 and 3) to the Switch.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Thought of going back to listen Rayman 2's ost and damn, for a game from the N64 era, most tracks in the game are bangers. :shades: Hmm... would be nice if Ubisoft got on that remastering fever and brought back Rayman 1 through 3 in a collection (or at least 2 and 3) to the Switch.
I felt Origins and Legends had the best soundtracks overall

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Copied from my post in the Speculation Thread:

I'm calling it now. With the new Rayman trademarks, I think Rayman is officially over the 51% likely threshold.
There was the Rabbids Mii Costume, the Ubisoft bot, and the French survey that pointed in Rayman's favor, but now with the trademark that's a collaboration between Ubisoft and some other third party, I'm calling Rayman the most likely character to appear in Smash.
I still think Rayman is going to be a Mii Costume, but I cannot deny the evidence in his favor.

Yes, I did just watch PapaGeno's video.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Copied from my post in the Speculation Thread:

I'm calling it now. With the new Rayman trademarks, I think Rayman is officially over the 51% likely threshold.
There was the Rabbids Mii Costume, the Ubisoft bot, and the French survey that pointed in Rayman's favor, but now with the trademark that's a collaboration between Ubisoft and some other third party, I'm calling Rayman the most likely character to appear in Smash.
I still think Rayman is going to be a Mii Costume, but I cannot deny the evidence in his favor.

Yes, I did just watch PapaGeno's video.
I just feel like if Ubisoft was only getting miis, they'd all be done in one go, but I could be wrong.

But let's hope for the best for your limbless lad!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I just feel like if Ubisoft was only getting miis, they'd all be done in one go, but I could be wrong.

But let's hope for the best for your limbless lad!
I don't think it's impossible if the Ubisoft mii costumes was negotiated long before Rayman. Nintendo would still have to release the mii costumes.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Villager can now be black, and so can Inkling. One could also say Ganondorf fits the mold.

Olimar and Inkling can both be black, but neither character is default a black character.
Ganondorf is probably a person of color, but he is also not human, nor is he exactly what I think many would consider a role model, a fit for a character someone wants to see themselves within.

There are few standard (meaning initial option, the actual character is normally this way) characters who are black. We can say this doesn't matter, but to many it does. Twintelle would be great for that.

I also think it's one reason Tracer would be great. Sure, being LGBTQ doesn't matter. Except, it does. You can argue these are just visual, but we find ourselves connected to characters, and Smash is clearly a character based game in many ways.

4ZURE

Smash Cadet
Olimar and Inkling can both be black, but neither character is default a black character.
Ganondorf is probably a person of color, but he is also not human, nor is he exactly what I think many would consider a role model, a fit for a character someone wants to see themselves within.
I get what you mean, you just said there weren’t any, which was untrue.

There are few standard (meaning initial option, the actual character is normally this way) characters who are black. We can say this doesn't matter, but to many it does. Twintelle would be great for that.
It matters, I can agree to that. While I don’t think Twintelle will be the character, as Ribbon Girl is as much the mascot as Spring Man and Min Min is the most popula, so I believe it will be them if Spring Man is gone. Not to mention we could see an ARMS 2 character. I definitely see the need for a black character. If Smash really wants to include that sort of representation, I think it would only be fitting if our first came from the biggest gaming franchise in the world.

I also think it's one reason Tracer would be great. Sure, being LGBTQ doesn't matter. Except, it does. You can argue these are just visual, but we find ourselves connected to characters, and Smash is clearly a character based game in many ways
We already have gay character if you include Corrin and Byleth.

There is also Bayonetta, Isabelle, and Ike, who are on the maybe spectrum from what I’ve seen.

Also, this is not to say there shouldn’t be another.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We already have gay character if you include Corrin and Byleth.

There is also Bayonetta, Isabelle, and Ike, who are on the maybe spectrum from what I’ve seen.

Also, this is not to say there shouldn’t be another.
The closest from my recollection is Ike, as openly bisexual in his game, and I forgot the reasoning as to why.
I don't think characters just having no story and it being open to being interest in any character really makes them LGBTQ representation.
Especially in a game like Animal Crossing, wherein there is nothing sexual nor romantic about it at all.

I want an actual, story driven LGBTQ character. Not that I think it would happen (though Imagine getting even an AT from The Last of Us).

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Since in the speculation thread people convienced me that a Amiibo of Rayman was feasible I am now in for Rayman as a guest in the fighter pass 2. Beside that would be a nice character to bring for counter an ARMS character IHMO.

4ZURE

Smash Cadet
The closest from my recollection is Ike, as openly bisexual in his game, and I forgot the reasoning as to why.
I don't think characters just having no story and it being open to being interest in any character really makes them LGBTQ representation.
Especially in a game like Animal Crossing, wherein there is nothing sexual nor romantic about it at all.

I want an actual, story driven LGBTQ character. Not that I think it would happen (though Imagine getting even an AT from The Last of Us).
Ehh... I kinda disagree. The thing is, this is Nintendo we are talking about and romance is becoming less of a thing for them in general. Outside of Fire Emblem which actually seems to do a decent job, and when they don’t the fan base puts them in line. (The DLC for 3H had more male gay characters likely because the fan base complained about only having Linhardt, and how Claude should have been). Expecting story driven gays is sort of poor planning. The only non-FE couple I can think of is Link and Zelda, seeing as Nintendo made Mario and Peach just friends. Maybe Xenoblade has something, but I wouldn’t know. Point is, a majority of Nintendo characters are aromantic, and in a game celebrating said characters, I wouldn’t expect much unless it is 3rd party or from an anime styled series.

As for LGBT in Smash the only confirmed ones are Corrin and Byleth as they can have same-sex marriages.

The others are up for speculation, but have evidence in favor

Isabelle- She shows signs of romantic interest to the player in New Leaf. The dialog does not change regardless of gender. I have seen her placed as pan-sexual.

Bayonetta- Haven’t played, but I’ve seen speculation of her and Jeanne, and people labeling her as an icon.

Ike- Soren is certainly obsessed with him and makes it seem like romantic interest, so he’s highly likely to be. At the ending of Radiant Dawn, I think, they say Ike and Soren travelled the world together. The wording made it seem romantic if I recall, causing him to be thrown in as a maybe.

Snake- I’ve seen Snake show up recently. I guess there are parts of Metal Gear where Snake can compliment his male associates and have hearts pop out. I’m not well versed in Metal Gear, but he’s another one that people argue about.

IDK, maybe we should just abandon the topic and let Rayman fans have their thread back.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I don't think it's impossible if the Ubisoft mii costumes was negotiated long before Rayman. Nintendo would still have to release the mii costumes.
Miis probably don't take long to negotiate or make and they knew the contents of fighters pass 2 when they were shown off, that's why I feel like if he was a Mii they would quickly put it together and throw him in there but we'll see.

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like Rayman’s had quite a rough time in regards to Smash, being one of the few third party trophies in Smash 4 but nothing more, then the ArtsyOmni ”leak”, then a spirit in Ultimate, the Ubisoft Mii costumes... and now some trademark shenanigans and whatnot. It all feels so close but still not quite there (yet). I hope Rayman does get the redemption he deserves, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

4ZURE

Smash Cadet
I feel like Rayman’s had quite a rough time in regards to Smash, being one of the few third party trophies in Smash 4 but nothing more, then the ArtsyOmni ”leak”, then a spirit in Ultimate, the Ubisoft Mii costumes... and now some trademark shenanigans and whatnot. It all feels so close but still not quite there (yet). I hope Rayman does get the redemption he deserves, so keeping my fingers crossed.
I’m out of the loop, what’s the trademark thing?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think Rayman's chances have potentially gotten stronger thanks to the trademark renewal, and if Crash Bandicoot isn't possible to get, he would be a great 3rd party newcomer to include for sure. The music alone would be worth the price of admission

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
With all the stuff that's happened these past few weeks, Rayman feels closer than ever. Even so, I'm just gonna wait and see, It's not guaranteed until it actually happens. I really hope he makes it in this time around though. I'm not sure when he'd be in the pass (if he is), but the idea of him sharing a trailer with ARMS sounds really fun, even if unlikely.

Top Bottom