• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
What would Rayman's stage likely be if he were to get in?

I've watched dozens of moveset concept videos, and not a single one of them brought up a stage idea.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman

I've watched dozens of moveset concept videos, and not a single one of them brought up a stage idea.
I believe that the Stage should be a Traveling Stage towards different lands that feature cameos of Globox, Barbara, Razorbeard, Robot Pirates, Lyn, Clark, Mr. Dark, Nymphs, Betilla, André, Teensies & Rabbids.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I believe that the Stage should be a Traveling Stage towards different lands that feature cameos of Globox, Barbara, Razorbeard, Robot Pirates, Lyn, Clark, Mr. Dark, Nymphs, Betilla, André, Teensies & Rabbids.
Would you simply name that stage "The Glade of Dreams"?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i love this idea, i can imagine the stage travelling from different areas throughout the rayman series showing off all the characters in the worlds based off their debut appearences.

oh and here's a question, if betilla were to be added would they be okay with using her current design or just give her the mythra or camilla treatment?(worse they might exclude her all entirely)

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
i love this idea, i can imagine the stage travelling from different areas throughout the rayman series showing off all the characters in the worlds based off their debut appearences.

oh and here's a question, if betilla were to be added would they be okay with using her current design or just give her the mythra or camilla treatment?(worse they might exclude her all entirely)
I believe that Betilla will be okay as long as the Skirt is lowered in length and she is only seen in a small segment of a Cameo

Would you simply name that stage "The Glade of Dreams"?
Yeah that’s pretty much it

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

From my experience, a lot of people consider band land to be the most iconic rayman level and I think that's what I'd pick. Lands made of stuff like toys, desserts and instruments are a common level theme, but none are repped in a smash stage as far as I recall.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
From my experience, a lot of people consider band land to be the most iconic rayman level and I think that's what I'd pick. Lands made of stuff like toys, desserts and instruments are a common level theme, but none are repped in a smash stage as far as I recall.
Oh, I like that idea a lot. Levels inspired by music are some of my favorite, like the music world in Ristar, or Music Plant in Sonic Advance 2. Rayman Origins had a level full of instruments, right? If they did a "traveling" sort of gimmick, I would hope that would be a part of it. The thought of bouncing around on drums while fighting sounds super appealing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing how the Smash staff has a habit of starting with the first location of anything, we'd be lucky if we didn't simply get the Dream Forest as a stage, and they wouldn't be bothered by adding yet another jungle stage. Although we would still get bouncing plums out of that, so that's a plus.

Apart from that, the whole Puyo Puyo Tetris loophole thing made me wonder if Nintendo being friendly with Ubisoft is what allowed TTC to be lenient enough to allow the Tetris spirits in here.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna repeat what I said back in Nov. 2018 (lawdy jesus!) in regards to an ideal Rayman stage...

Had a shower thought this morning about a potential stage. A tour of the Glade of Dreams that visits 4 different locales from throughout the series. You could call it "Glade Tour" or just "Glade of Dreams".

I'm thinkin' it could start with the shattered brick wall from the Rayman 1 boxart, where a huge colorful portal is visible before the platform emerges and enters it.
From then on, it cycles through...

Band Land (featuring moskitos flying in bird-like formations, Electoons messing around, & a cameo by either Mr. Dark, Mr. Sax or Betilla)
The Precipice from Rayman 2 (featuring snoozing robo-pirate henchmen, & the occasional walking shell)
Either Gourmet Land or Desert of Dijiridoos (featuring Murphy pestering some Antitoons & the respective enemies therein)
The Land of the Livid Dead (featuring grannies rockin' out on caskets, the monster tulips, and cameos by Globox, Barbara & the Teensies)

Sound good to anyone?
To add to it, each transition should go through the funkyboard dimension from Rayman 3.

Last edited:

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I dont like transition stages.
Though I have to admit it's hard to think of a consistent stage for Rayman.
So it would be cool if even the transition method is well thought.
So, Ed-boy, you get a 100% GO from me for the funky board and the Boxart thing!

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I suggested The Hall of Doors as a stage earlier. Not only would this stage be gorgeous in HD, the aesthetic would also be completely unique to Smash. You could easily add all kinds of hazards and cameos here.
The obvious problem with this is that it's completely centered around Rayman 2. If I had to make a more realistic prediction, the stage would probably be based on Rayman Legends, because it's the most recent game and it's on the Switch. Fiesta de los Muertos would be my pick, but it's probably going to be the first medieval themed world.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
This is a Longshot but since there’s a Glitch going on with Bayonetta’s Animation, that could mean that her moveset and design could be a Base form use for the next upcoming fighter similar to
- Simon & Richter Belmont base design for Byleth
- Duck Hunt base design for Banjo & Kazooie
- Mii Swordfighter base design for Hero
- Pirahna Plant base design for Joker
Her moveset is very similar to Rayman’s Conceptual Moveset in his Games, now granted the moveset Bayonetta has is a Fist and Foot like Standard Smash Moveset, but when you look at the similarities between Bayonetta’s Standard Smash Moveset and Rayman’s Conceptual In-game and Potential Smash Moveset it’s completely identical to one another to be a fitting use for the next Fighter.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not really a longshot, since it's a pattern that escapes the leak police. Thinking Bayo's a base for Rayman is a stretch though, since they use completely different limb physics, let alone similar heights.

Also, Piranha Plant actually had Bowser Jr. as a base...

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Not really a longshot, since it's a pattern that escapes the leak police. Thinking Bayo's a base for Rayman is a stretch though, since they use completely different limb physics, let alone similar heights.

Also, Piranha Plant actually had Bowser Jr. as a base...
True

Amped_Form

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3498-3780-6793
This is a Longshot but since there’s a Glitch going on with Bayonetta’s Animation, that could mean that her moveset and design could be a Base form use for the next upcoming fighter similar to
- Simon & Richter Belmont base design for Byleth
- Duck Hunt base design for Banjo & Kazooie
- Mii Swordfighter base design for Hero
- Pirahna Plant base design for Joker
Her moveset is very similar to Rayman’s Conceptual Moveset in his Games, now granted the moveset Bayonetta has is a Fist and Foot like Standard Smash Moveset, but when you look at the similarities between Bayonetta’s Standard Smash Moveset and Rayman’s Conceptual In-game and Potential Smash Moveset it’s completely identical to one another to be a fitting use for the next Fighter.
Nah, I think Lara Croft or Dante fits well as a Bayonetta base.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
what makes lara a base for bayo, what do the two share?
They do have Handguns and are Female Video Game characters, also Square Enix looks to have her become a Crossover Promotional Advertisement so it’s no longer impossible to suggest She is gonna be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Fighter Pass Volume 2

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They do have Handguns and are Female Video Game characters, also Square Enix looks to have her become a Crossover Promotional Advertisement so it’s no longer impossible to suggest She is gonna be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Fighter Pass Volume 2
okay?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it could be any shapely girl with reasonable clothing (or Dante, even though Bayo's legs are a bit too svelte for him), so I don't necessarily think it could be Lara. Could be one that's not seen coming, so expect anything.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
If Lara Croft gets in, do you think the "Brawlhalla decomfirms" people will finally stuff it?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
If Lara Croft gets in, do you think the "Brawlhalla decomfirms" people will finally stuff it?
Some will admit they are wrong, others will pretend they said no such thing or backpedaling. So in the end the truth is that Square Enix and Ubisoft can have their Characters (Lara Croft & Rayman) appear in multiple Games with no consequences to anything and be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s DLC at the same time.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Oh boy, here we go again. Press the link for full context.

Some will admit they are wrong, others will pretend they said no such thing or backpedaling. So in the end the truth is that Square Enix and Ubisoft can have their Characters (Lara Croft & Rayman) appear in multiple Games with no consequences to anything and be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s DLC at the same time.
In fairness, it's already proven to not be a hard rule for any fighting game crossover appearances to prevent a Smash one, since :ult_terry: already was in Fighting EX Layer before this. If Lara doesn't get in, it's simply because the character wasn't proposed, and not any supposed "rules".

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman

Oh boy, here we go again. Press the link for full context.
From that kind of response they obviously have something Huge planned for Rayman, especially with how Ubisoft been in talks with Nintendo about more than just Altaïr & Rabbids Mii Costumes, a DLC Rayman Pack looks to be on the Horizon and (Hopefully) a New Rayman Game on the Way afterwards.

[Additional Edit]
Hey guys if you get the chance please give Rayman a vote with this Mega Poll that way the awareness of the Legendary Platformer will spread for the Better. The poll has been extended until the 8th of March so please take a moment to show your support for the Limbless Wonder Lad

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...EMEpHwAr3Q9oYp-icA03-EKdp3_w/alreadyresponded

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
It's been a while since I posted here but... I genuinely think Rayman will be in this pass.

The Ubisoft costumes are really suspicious , and a lack of Rayman costume as a brawler (Wich can totally work) show that well... There might be something more.

Hoping for the best , because I truly miss my favorite limbless hero. Well , I pretty much bought Rayman Legends Definitive Edition and 100% it even tho I already had Legends , but it's not enough , I really want a new game lol

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Haven't posted in here in a while, I'll just stir some random conversation!

What're some of your guy's ideas for Rayman's final smash?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

rayman origins intro.png
Remember how in the intro of Rayman Origins , Rayman and the gang tried to fight back in a group ? Well , instead of getting destroyed this time , they could actually succeed in Smash.
It would be more of a cinematic final Smash , but honestly... Hearing the sound effects of slaps and all in Smash would be really funny.
Also , Barbara could tag along.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

Might be a little out there, but I thought it'd be neat if he did a combo with the Rayman 3 powerups. Grabs opponents with the Vortex, brings them to him with Lockjaw, attacks as they're coming with the head part of Throttle Copter, sends them flying with Heavy Metal Fist, and, to finish it off, launches a Shock Rocket towards them for a explosion.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As someone who recently 100% the main levels of Rayman Legends, I'd love to have all the musical level tracks make it on a Rayman stage (8 bit versions included).
As awesome as that would be, they don't have any versions of the tracks that loop, do they? Otherwise they'd have to be put in medleys, or get remixed.

Also, some practically flirt with copyright infringement (I mean, the first one is straight-up Black Betty with acapella) and would be expensive to afford using.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As awesome as that would be, they don't have any versions of the tracks that loop, do they? Otherwise they'd have to be put in medleys, or get remixed.

Also, some practically flirt with copyright infringement (I mean, the first one is straight-up Black Betty with acapella) and would be expensive to afford using.
Some of them definitely skirt the parody line pretty closely. There probably would have to be some remixing involved both for looping and to lessen the direct similarities with something like Eye of the Tiger in Mariachi Madness. Still would nice to have them in some form even altered.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Personally it's crazy but, I'd love it if his hands became master and crazy hand for his final smash. It's nothing that references his games but would be so out there and insane!

Also maybe we should try doing a question of the day thing in here to get discussion booming? Although I know alot of people have moved on from smash boards

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I don't know why I've never posted here before. I think Rayman should absolutely be in smash. It's really weird to me that he still isn't in. I thought he was the next "no brainer" after MegaMan and PacMan. I think the Bayonetta glitch is likely 2B if it's anything but you never know. What do you guys think Rayman's chances are for the pass? I hope there's something convincing that I haven't heard! Oh, and can I be added to the supporter list?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't know why I've never posted here before. I think Rayman should absolutely be in smash. It's really weird to me that he still isn't in. I thought he was the next "no brainer" after MegaMan and PacMan. I think the Bayonetta glitch is likely 2B if it's anything but you never know. What do you guys think Rayman's chances are for the pass? I hope there's something convincing that I haven't heard! Oh, and can I be added to the supporter list?
You're on the supporter list now. I'm not sure what his chances are like - he's one of my most wanted, and I feel like the fact that we got Altair and Rabbid costumes but no Rayman is a point in his favour, but on the other hand, it seems weird that the developers have gotten permission to use Rayman for two games now but haven't made him playable.

If Ubisoft gets a character, Rayman seems like he'd make the most sense, but I'm not sure if Banjo and Kazooie's inclusion shows that they're willing to include western-owned characters, or if that was a one-time thing due to massive amounts of fan demand over the course of decades.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
You're on the supporter list now. I'm not sure what his chances are like - he's one of my most wanted, and I feel like the fact that we got Altair and Rabbid costumes but no Rayman is a point in his favour, but on the other hand, it seems weird that the developers have gotten permission to use Rayman for two games now but haven't made him playable.

If Ubisoft gets a character, Rayman seems like he'd make the most sense, but I'm not sure if Banjo and Kazooie's inclusion shows that they're willing to include western-owned characters, or if that was a one-time thing due to massive amounts of fan demand over the course of decades.
Thanks for adding me! I really don't think there's any rule that says western characters can't get in. The only rule is no non video game characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be honest with you, the Bayo glitch could be any shapely female character. Or Dante, somehow.

Thanks for adding me! I really don't think there's any rule that says western characters can't get in. The only rule is no non video game characters.
I really think they're taking baby steps over the concept, seeing how Sak said time and again "we're running out of big-name Japanese game franchises we haven't tried yet" and are steadily getting out of the comfort zone. I mean, we've yet to get a second character for TP series that isn't an Echo fighter...

There aren't too many Western third-party characters that are surefire hits with the Japanese audience, so BK was a test trial of sorts. We'll have to wait and see in the coming years if FP2 adds a few more.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that western characters can't get in - it just seems (to me, at least) like the development team is hesitant to add them for one reason or another (whether it's language barriers, geographical convenience, etc. - we've only gotten four characters not made in Japan (Diddy, K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Banjo-Kazooie), with only one of them owned by a non-Japanese company.

Still, progress is clearly being made, and hopefully we get more western characters in this DLC! (hoping for Rayman or Doomguy, though there are plenty of others that would be great, like Crash or Lara Croft)

Top Bottom