• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Eldrake

Smash Lord

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I’m less convinced they’ll give us Rayman content while I’m more convinced that Nintendo will give us Rayman Fighter Pack DLC for Super Smash Bros Ultimate
With how Ubisoft has been lately, it definitely seems like he has a better chance at smash than he does at a new game.

Hopefully the suspicious activity with the bot and ubisoft survey back in April amount to something 🙏

ChiefGamers

Smash Cadet
Rayman's got a whole heck of a lot going for him these days. He's a super huge request, Ubisoft and Nintendo are super tight, and we've already gotten some Ubisoft content in Smash. I'm honestly fully expecting him at this point.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Rayman's got a whole heck of a lot going for him these days. He's a super huge request, Ubisoft and Nintendo are super tight, and we've already gotten some Ubisoft content in Smash. I'm honestly fully expecting him at this point.
welcome aboard chief!

Also while I'm here, for Rayman's neutral special would you prefer the Rayman 1 fist, the Rayman 2 energy pellets, or something completely different?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

So, uh... 50/50 chance that we'll get something?
The sooner they sack everyone that doesn't want Rayman/fantasy stuff, the sooner we'll actually hear anything. Assuming the leaked stuff exists.

I won't link to it, but for those willing to download it, Rayman Redemption is an excellent modern version of the original game.
Also, don't forget to scope out the Rayman Bowling sequel that game's maker released a few days earlier.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I keep forgetting to try it Rayman bowling 2 lol, but even if Ubisoft has nothing this year, I'm glad Ryemani gave 2 amazing fan games And the fans themselves have made some pretty amazing projects!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
welcome aboard chief!

Also while I'm here, for Rayman's neutral special would you prefer the Rayman 1 fist, the Rayman 2 energy pellets, or something completely different?
I want Rayman to be a character who's fast and in-your-face, someone who can cause constant pressure, so my pick would actually have to be something more similar gameplay-wise to the Rayman 3 fist. Something you charge for a while as you move and jump around and it increases in damage the longer you have it charged. Think DK's punch but you have to commit to it until you throw it, then it works like in Rayman 1 where it has a boomerang effect, so it's actually like a combination of DK's punch and K. Rool's crown while on the move. Just imagine the strings and combo potential you could gain with that.

Edit:
If this is cause you're planning to build a Rayman Smash moveset, you can hit me up if you want it illustrated and have nobody, I'd be interested to help after I'm done with my Crash 4 project!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the FS, it'd be hilarious if it was the wind-up punch that wound up launching
The Magician
to that devil-populated moon in Legends' ending.

I’m less convinced they’ll give us Rayman content while I’m more convinced that Nintendo will give us Rayman Fighter Pack DLC for Super Smash Bros Ultimate
That sounds familiar. :ultbanjokazooie:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I want Rayman to be a character who's fast and in-your-face, someone who can cause constant pressure, so my pick would actually have to be something more similar gameplay-wise to the Rayman 3 fist. Something you charge for a while as you move and jump around and it increases in damage the longer you have it charged. Think DK's punch but you have to commit to it until you throw it, then it works like in Rayman 1 where it has a boomerang effect, so it's actually like a combination of DK's punch and K. Rool's crown while on the move. Just imagine the strings and combo potential you could gain with that.

Edit:
If this is cause you're planning to build a Rayman Smash moveset, you can hit me up if you want it illustrated and have nobody, I'd be interested to help after I'm done with my Crash 4 project!
For now I just wanted to spark conversation but yeah for sure! I think that's a good idea and that's pretty much how they did it in his Rivals of Aether mod which I recommend checking out. Really has a unique feel different from other standard B moves I've seen in smash.
For the FS, it'd be hilarious if it was the wind-up punch that wound up launching
The Magician
to that devil-populated moon in Legends' ending.

That sounds familiar. :ultbanjokazooie:
I've actually thought about that. A big punch followed by a cutscene of the fighter flying to the moon and getting anhilated there!

And sounds familiar indeed....

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, almost forgot...

I ripped the Trials Fusion model! :chuckle: Unfortunately, the textures are in a jumbled mess, and I tried stitching them back together, only to find out a couple of pieces missing. :upsidedown: Oh well, at least I have the model and somewhat the head texture...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

I ripped the Trials Fusion model! :chuckle:Unfortunately, the textures are in a jumbled mess, and I tried stitching them back together, only to find out a couple of pieces missing. :upsidedown: Oh well, at least I have the model and somewhat the head texture...
Ya know the model for the head is actually not that bad!! Planning to do anything cool with the rip?
Well well, looks like the Persian prince is brought up yet again, and guess where he might be seen?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...rsia_remake_on_nintendo_switch_appears_online
I hope this is a sign that they'll revisit multiple old franchises as well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet
Ya know the model for the head is actually not that bad!! Planning to do anything cool with the rip?
Recreate the 3D Ubiart Rayman, after that, have someone rip textures properly or make new ones.
Well well, looks like the Persian prince is brought up yet again, and guess where he might be seen?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...rsia_remake_on_nintendo_switch_appears_online
Maybe that Mario + Rabbids 2 rumour that got a lot of things right could come to light, even though I'm taking it as a grain of salt.
But hey, as the great Hype Guy says:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Don't know if this is interesting to anyone but I was browsing the mods for Rivals of Aether (a smash-like indie game) the other day and one of the recently added character mods is for Rayman. (according to the comments people seem to like how he plays)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't know if this is interesting to anyone but I was browsing the mods for Rivals of Aether (a smash-like indie game) the other day and one of the recently added character mods is for Rayman. (according to the comments people seem to like how he plays)
Shame that Rivals of Aether almost definitely get a workshop on the Switch. On one hand, some people have done really interesting things with it:

On the other hand, some users seem to be in a MUGEN-style arms race to see who can make the most ludicrously overpowered character (like 100% Accurate Fox or Ronald McDonald), so it's probably for the best.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Shame that Rivals of Aether almost definitely get a workshop on the Switch. On one hand, some people have done really interesting things with it:

On the other hand, some users seem to be in a MUGEN-style arms race to see who can make the most ludicrously overpowered character (like 100% Accurate Fox or Ronald McDonald), so it's probably for the best.
I gotta sadly agree with Workshop Rivals turning more and more into the ridiculous side of Mugen, even if there's still some great characters coming out of it (like the recent Rayman).

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I've been trying the Rayman mod for a while on Rivals of Aether and it's pretty great!

The moveset does a great job of being unique while being faithful to Rayman's character. Anyone who thinks he would be similar to MinMin should take one look at this mod to see that he wouldn't be at all.

I haven't owned rivals for too long but I'm not surprised to hear that people are turning it into Mugen lol

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678

I ripped the Trials Fusion model! :chuckle:Unfortunately, the textures are in a jumbled mess, and I tried stitching them back together, only to find out a couple of pieces missing. :upsidedown: Oh well, at least I have the model and somewhat the head texture...
Hi! Where did you get the model? Do you have a link? Maybe I can help!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's something really neat: level design notes from one of the original devs of Rayman GBC!

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

No one else has mentioned it, but another UbiForward is in the cards.

Third times the charm?
How many of these are they doing? Pretty funny they're spreading it all out. Well, I missed out on the last two, except for Prince of Persia on the last which was nice, but hopefully this one's somewhat interesting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, while Nintendo seemingly has an infinite well of third-parties to pull out from for Partner Showcases, Ubi can only show so many Forwards before they completely run dry on what projects are in the pipeline at the moment (post-sacking of incriminating key people).

It's the last chance for that Rabbids Kingdom sequel rumor to be proven right.

Supposedly this will be the last Ubiforward
Although I am interested to hear where you heard that, specifically.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Surprise news; Michel Ancel is going to quit the game industry altogether to start a nature reserve. :surprise:

As for BG&E2, he assures that development is going smoothly and that it's in good hands.

It really is his The Last Guardian at this point.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly I feel like this may be it for the Rayman franchise. Ancel was probably the one guy within Ubisoft who cared about the series and now he's gone.

Sad.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Surprise news; Michel Ancel is going to quit the game industry altogether to start a nature reserve. :surprise:

As for BG&E2, he assures that development is going smoothly and that it's in good hands.

Well, farewell, and thank you Michel Ancel for creating Rayman and his great series. I hope that you will be able to save as many animals as possible.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

Farewell, Ancel. Thanks for the memories.
I hope this new job goes well for him, I'd imagine it can be tiring to be working on games these days, depending on what you do.

Honestly I feel like this may be it for the Rayman franchise. Ancel was probably the one guy within Ubisoft who cared about the series and now he's gone.

Sad.
Jumping to conclusions quick, are we? Well, I can't blame you too much. I really don't know if Ubisoft proper wants to do something with it. I'll probably give it some time myself.

Top Bottom