• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Man I know you're supposed to keep expectations in check but I would sell my soul for Mario + Rabbids 2 Ft. Rayman and 2 more Rayman games.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hey, dropping by to pledge my support. I think Geno is getting in next, which would leave Rayman and Lloyd tied for my most wanted. Has there been any new Rayman evidence lately? I know there was some weird stuff happening a while back with the trademark and the Ubisoft survey and everything.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Hey, dropping by to pledge my support. I think Geno is getting in next, which would leave Rayman and Lloyd tied for my most wanted. Has there been any new Rayman evidence lately? I know there was some weird stuff happening a while back with the trademark and the Ubisoft survey and everything.
Honestly we have more hints towards a new Rayman game entry rather than Rayman Smash clues (Well, depending how you interpret it, one could also mean the other) with interesting looking concept arts, job applications, and some "leak" from back in January which got a lot of stuff right talking about Mario x Rabbids 2 ft. Rayman and 2 new Rayman games. Overall though I'd say we're doing about the same.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Oh man, just imagine if all this is true! A brand new Rayman game, a Mario and Rabbids sequel, and Rayman in smash? That sounds like a dream!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Regardless whether we get Rayman games or not, at least there may not be price-gouging involved.

Edit: The next Ubisoft Forward is set for September, it seems.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Regardless whether we get Rayman games or not, at least there may not be price-gouging involved.

Edit: The next Ubisoft Forward is set for September, it seems.
That's really good to hear. I'm not paying more than $60 for a game. The prices just cannot continue to rise.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Did I miss news from Ubisoft?
Serge Hascoet
(as mentioned above is responsible for many imaginative Creations being scrapped and [my personal understanding of the situation] is responsible for Michel Ancel Games like Beyond Good & Evil & Rayman games not getting made)
has accusations of Sexual misconduct and other allegations from numerous other sources who work for Ubisoft, as a result Ubisoft has let him resign from the position.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Serge Hascoet
(as mentioned above is responsible for many imaginative Creations being scrapped and [my personal understanding of the situation] is responsible for Michel Ancel Games like Beyond Good & Evil & Rayman games not getting made)
has accusations of Sexual misconduct and other allegations from numerous other sources who work for Ubisoft, as a result Ubisoft has let him resign from the position.
Looks like this guy literally had it coming, didn't he?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Man so it seems like the lack of diversity in a lot of Ubisoft games was because one scumbag didn't like creativity. Well, with the ****ty guy no longer having that much power, maybe we'll start to see more interesting stuff from Ubisoft in the future.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey everyone, I'd like to share another moveset idea:

Forward Smash: Telescopic Fists

Rayman performs his Forward Smash with his very first attack from his very first game, but instead of winding up one fist, he winds up two. As he does so, he spins and spins them with the force of a cyclone. The velocity is far greater than his usual rotation, and he seems to be putting more than his back into it this time. What is Rayman about to unleash...!?

FwaaaaaBOOOOM!!!!!!

An absolutely CATASTROPHIC launch!!! Rayman fires his supercharged fists with the raw force of a rocket, blasting away anyone in his way and annihilating WHOEVER he hits!! The KO power behind this move is so devastating, that if fully charged it could KO a 50% damage Metal Bowser; it is Rayman's strongest attack in his entire set, has extended reach due to the use of 2 fists, and extra range as it reaches further than Simon's Forward Smash. Rayman is in Kirby's weight class, so him being able to pull off a move that would scare Bowser in raw power is alarming, but it has some very serious drawbacks. The endlag for a fully charged move is HUGE, and this move can be dodged easily. Combine the endlag with Rayman's very light weight and you have a glaring opening that foes can exploit. Use this massively powered, Falcon/Warlock Punch surpassing attack wisely. Foes should never use their shields against this as it will be shattered.

That's his Forward Smash. Origins and Legends made this the go-to move, but I wanted to tweak it a bit and make it more powerful.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Prince of Persia anything is a good sign for the series. However I don’t think this is SoT remake I think this Prince of Persia 1 remake which was a 2D sidescroller. I think it’d be super cool if they used UbiArt Frameworks to make a 2D Prince of Persia in the same style of Origins and Legends.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Ok bros, I'm going all-in.

I believe we’ll get 3-Nintendo Characters in which are
  • Min Min (already In In, sorry had to say it)
  • Geno (Even though he’s a 3rd-Party character, he’s still by origin a Nintendo character through Mario)
  • Dixie Kong (I have a funny feeling the King K. Rool/Banjo-Kazooie trailer is gonna have a climax with Dixie Kong as the final Rareware Reunion reveal)
While we’ll also get 3 3rd-Party Characters like
  • Rayman (Who looks to be Actually possible because of Ubisoft’s Mii Costume deal that is only a stepping stone for an Ubisoft Playable DLC Character in Volume 2, along with Min Min setting a precedence for Spirit’s becoming playable fighters)
  • Doomguy (Just like with Ubisoft, Bethesda looks to have an involvement with Volume 2 DLC through their Vault Boy/Fallout Mii Costume which looks to be leading towards a Bethesda Playable DLC Character through Doomguy)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Since Koei-Tecmo is involved with both their Spirits & Assist Trophy’s of Fatal Frame & Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC Music Content in Ultimate, it seems that they are kind of left out with nothing to be represented other than what they worked with Nintendo on in the Base Game & 1st Volume of DLC. However that looks to be changing as Nintendo is gonna let Sakurai add more character packs with Volume 2 which seems plausible that Koei-Tecmo will get a Playable DLC Character representing them.)

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Imma leave this here:

Yeah alot of us talked about that back when it happened. They asked if you bought smash dlc which at first wasn't too weird cause Ubisoft has miis in smash, but then they removed that question in less than 24 hours while still keeping the survey up. Kinda suspicious

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It's sus but there's a few ways to interpret it:
  • Rayman is in Smash, Ubisoft put this survey up to see in advance how much crossover they have and thus how many people would buy him and then removed it cause of possible NDA breaking
  • They brought it up but in reference to the AC and Rabbids costumes
  • They removed it so people wouldn't assume stuff, which tbf, people would assume less had they just left the question in.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
It's sus but there's a few ways to interpret it:
  • Rayman is in Smash, Ubisoft put this survey up to see in advance how much crossover they have and thus how many people would buy him and then removed it cause of possible NDA breaking
  • They brought it up but in reference to the AC and Rabbids costumes
  • They removed it so people wouldn't assume stuff, which tbf, people would assume less had they just left the question in.
Exactly, no one really assumed anything at first cause they had Mii dlc in the game, it made sense for them to ask. Them removing it though is very odd

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Eg0Hn1rXgAApzUs.jpeg

Here's to you, Ray.
May you find a non-scummy parent company that cares...

Last edited:
Top Bottom