• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I really look forward to new Rayman news.

Personally, I would like one of these three possible scenarios:

- Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Remasters of Rayman 2 + Rayman 3
- Confirmation of a new Rayman on consoles

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I really look forward to new Rayman news.

Personally, I would like one of these three possible scenarios:

- Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Remasters of Rayman 2 + Rayman 3
- Confirmation of a new Rayman on consoles
*insert ”why not all of them?”-meme here*

Anyway, yeah, I’d take any one of these but all three would be just swell.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
If someone asks: Why not better a Remastered Trilogy?

Especially since both Rayman 2 and 3 have the same engine (OpenSpace), while Rayman 1 has a different one, it would be so difficult to put a game with different engine in the same game, so I prefer remastering Rayman 2 and 3, in the same pack.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

Especially since both Rayman 2 and 3 have the same engine (OpenSpace), while Rayman 1 has a different one, it would be so difficult to put a game with different engine in the same game, so I prefer remastering Rayman 2 and 3, in the same pack.
Yeah Rayman 1 is so drastically different it would be weird to have to work on that along with 2 and 3. Plus Ryemani did such an amazing job with Rayman Redemption, that if a Rayman 1 remaster didn't have the extra things he added like a proper Mr.Dark battle, it would just feel lame by comparison

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
If it happens (please let it happen), they should call it the Re-lumminated Duology.

*posh mode on* I will take nothing different.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Better idea:

Do the same thing the Mana series did and have the three main games unaltered and compiled in one collection. Especially since 3 hasn't been ported in years.
It’ll be a Good Marketing tactic to promote the Anthalogy in Japan when Rayman is shown as a New Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Fighter

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Yeah, that'd make sense.

If Rayman's in Smash, then Ubisoft would have to be absolute fools to not immediately take advantage and start development on Rayman 2/3 Remastered when Crash and Spyro has proven that it works.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Did some news come up to inspire this conversation of remasters?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Did some news come up to inspire this conversation of remasters?
There’s chatter about Ubisoft Montpellier (the developers of Rayman games) were hinting on Development with a New Rayman, though it remains unclear what it is

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So apparently this thread and this thread alone got DDoS'd.

I'm thinking Dr. Dark is up to his old tricks again.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Eh, I don't think that he would have more than the Belmonts, but still number 3 right behind them.
I could see him rivaling or surpassing the Belmonts honestly. Their Forward and Up Smashes don't seem to stretch as far as Rayman's Origins and Legends equivalents. They'll have him beat in terms of aerials though. Tilts can go either way

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey there! I know I’ve already supported Rayman before, but now that we know spirits don’t rule characters out I’ve found my desire to see Ray in Ultimate reignited!

So I guess this is a support...renewal? I dunno, point is, RAYMAN FOR SMASH!

Here’s to good fortune in the second fighters pass, friends! I hope our dreams come true!

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Hey there! I know I’ve already supported Rayman before, but now that we know spirits don’t rule characters out I’ve found my desire to see Ray in Ultimate reignited!

Here’s to good fortune in the second fighters pass, friends! I hope our dreams come true!
ONE OF US!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Heyyyyy long time no see. Welcome back (?) to the club, buddy.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
'Ello 'Ello, what's all this then?

This reminds me; Ubisoft's presentation is really close now. Time really flew. I wonder if all this stuff is leading up to something... or not. I guess we'll see then. I'm used to Ubi's stuff not showing much by now anyways if that's the case.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This reminds me; Ubisoft's presentation is really close now. Time really flew. I wonder if all this stuff is leading up to something... or not. I guess we'll see then. I'm used to Ubi's stuff not showing much by now anyways if that's the case.
At least so far we know they'll have more than two games, that's already changing things up. Seriously, they can only release new Let's Dance sequels on the Wii so much.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Decided to mess around for like an hour and did my hypothetical music list. Limited myself to 20 music tracks and tried to represent each game fairly. Also purposefully left out Funkyboard as it's not a Smash Bros music list without a big omission.

1594532861430.png

Template by: @SmashMasterShow on Twitter.

Edit: Realized I labeled Rise and Shrine as Rayman 2. Fixed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last one on my most-wanted list. Rayman.

What can I say? It's Rayman. Just like Halo, it's been in my life since forever. God knows how many copies of Rayman 2 I played. Had it on PS1. Played it on PS2. Also had it on DS and 3DS. I think I even had it on PC one time.

We had Rayman 1 on PS1, but I think it's way too scratched to play now, haha. But I did eventually play it emulated many years later, up to about Band Land. It was really fun, and I can't wait to get my hands on Rayman Redemption so I can complete it. It really does feel like the Sonic Mania of Rayman to me.

I didn't have the full game of Origins, only the demo on 360. Remember running through that same level about ten or so times when I had nothing better to play, lol. I have Legends on Wii U, and it's the only version to have the Murphy sections which I kinda wish the Switch version had kept.

Decided to mess around for like an hour and did my hypothetical music list. Limited myself to 20 music tracks and tried to represent each game fairly. Also purposefully left out Funkyboard as it's not a Smash Bros music list without a big omission.

View attachment 278152

That's a good selection, though I'd add a couple more from Rayman 1 and 2. Harmony is one of my favourite Rayman 1 tracks, and getting a remix for both that and the World Map theme would be GODLY. Love those two tracks. Though I'd maybe swap out one or two Rayman 2 tracks (like the intro theme) so The Final Battle gets it's own remix. Woods of Light is a really nice track too, especially for a first level!

I'd throw in Mr Dark's theme as well. Legitimately good.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

View attachment 278152

Solid selection, though personally I think I would have put in Tower of Babel/Infinite Tower instead of Moving Ground. It kind of is Legends' signature theme.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am sure the Ubisoft Forward thing is today. Who’s ready for what they have to show?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I am sure the Ubisoft Forward thing is today. Who’s ready for what they have to show?
I'm guessing there will only be a few games that I'm interested in, though I'm hoping for a Rayman sequel or a re-release of the Scott Pilgrim game on modern consoles.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Last one on my most-wanted list. Rayman.

What can I say? It's Rayman. Just like Halo, it's been in my life since forever. God knows how many copies of Rayman 2 I played. Had it on PS1. Played it on PS2. Also had it on DS and 3DS. I think I even had it on PC one time.

We had Rayman 1 on PS1, but I think it's way too scratched to play now, haha. But I did eventually play it emulated many years later, up to about Band Land. It was really fun, and I can't wait to get my hands on Rayman Redemption so I can complete it. It really does feel like the Sonic Mania of Rayman to me.

I didn't have the full game of Origins, only the demo on 360. Remember running through that same level about ten or so times when I had nothing better to play, lol. I have Legends on Wii U, and it's the only version to have the Murphy sections which I kinda wish the Switch version had kept.

That's a good selection, though I'd add a couple more from Rayman 1 and 2. Harmony is one of my favourite Rayman 1 tracks, and getting a remix for both that and the World Map theme would be GODLY. Love those two tracks. Though I'd maybe swap out one or two Rayman 2 tracks (like the intro theme) so The Final Battle gets it's own remix. Woods of Light is a really nice track too, especially for a first level!

I'd throw in Mr Dark's theme as well. Legitimately good.
Cloak of Darkness IS Mr. Dark's theme! Wouldn't forget such a banger.

I would love a Final Battle remix honestly but I was trying to be realistic with the amount of remixes and my logic was that it doesn't really need a remix since it works very well as it is, whereas the Intro theme would need a rearrangement so it matches the style of Smash. A lot of Rayman 2 tracks are weird in this regard where there is no concrete loops and it's just different parts of the music depending where you are in the level, so that's why I would favor the Sanctuary for a remix and leave the Precipice and Final Battle unscratched, but again, if it didn't overwork our hypothetical composers I would do it in a heartbeat.

And yeah the 20 song limit made me have to skip on some good ones. Mr. Sax, Mr. Stone, Riding the Shell, Top of the World (N64 Version), The Canopy, The Hoodstomper. If you want those songs included in some way you could do like the Banjo remixes where they just added segments from other levels into some of the tracks, it's why Gobi's Valley is one of my favorite themes there.

Solid selection, though personally I think I would have put in Tower of Babel/Infinite Tower instead of Moving Ground. It kind of is Legends' signature theme.

See that confused me too cause I was listing the music by official name and I thought it WAS called Tower of Babel but according to this it's Moving Ground:

I just thought Moving Ground sounded cooler as a name so added it as that.

Top Bottom