• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pulseman, my dude. And Earthworm Jim, eho is actually much more important.
But Pulseman is a hell of a hidden gem.
GameFreak made it before they made Pokémon.
Earthworm Jim would be great in Smash, but I wanted to go as obscure as possible for my reference since I figured it would be funnier. (without referring to Bubsy, who's just the worst)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, that was really unfortunate
Another example of a core company going all in on mobile games and wondering why they're getting booed.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's just hope Rayman doesn't go down the same path and is just relegated to mobile game hell

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Trademark renewals similar to Banjo appeared not long ago, the unusual changes to the chat and question bots, and a couple other things for Rayman
Oh yeah, that evidences...

Well, time to get to the hype train even more now that Spirits don't deconfirm!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Testing... Testing... Is this thing on?

Hopefully everything's back to normal now. While SmashBoards became CrashBoards (kind of a funny coincidence, given the April Fool's Day theme), this popped up. (thanks to Fatmanonice for pointing it out; figure I should give credit since I didn't find it on my own)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaymanTogether/status/1276482327103799297

I have no idea if anyone here runs this particular Twitter account, but there seem to be rumblings of a new Rayman game. I believe something similar happened with Crash Bandicoot well before Crash 4 was announced (new concept art being spotted in videos, possibly job postings), so here's hoping that this leads to a new Rayman game in the near future.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
YOOOOOO WE BACK

And definitely some interesting stuff going on with Rayman, let's hope we get something soon!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Testing... Testing... Is this thing on?

Hopefully everything's back to normal now. While SmashBoards became CrashBoards (kind of a funny coincidence, given the April Fool's Day theme), this popped up. (thanks to Fatmanonice for pointing it out; figure I should give credit since I didn't find it on my own)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaymanTogether/status/1276482327103799297

I have no idea if anyone here runs this particular Twitter account, but there seem to be rumblings of a new Rayman game. I believe something similar happened with Crash Bandicoot well before Crash 4 was announced (new concept art being spotted in videos, possibly job postings), so here's hoping that this leads to a new Rayman game in the near future.
The art was taken down earlier, labelled as "old art". They may still have something in mind though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well let's hope that Ubisoft gives Rayman another chance.

He's had some decent mobile games which more than some other Smash hopefuls can say as of late.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was wondering what'd happened to the thread. Good to see it's back here!

Anyway, that stuff about a possible new game seems really nice. I do hope something comes out of it.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
The series has gone on hiatus too long! I can hardly wait for Ubisoft's presentation.

But I fully expect another Tom Clancy game and a Just Dance taking up the entire thing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The series has gone on hiatus too long! I can hardly wait for Ubisoft's presentation.

But I fully expect another Tom Clancy game and a Just Dance taking up the entire thing.
I'm hoping Ghost Recon Breakpoint was... well, the breaking point for their open world rampage. It's all well and good to have a specialty but you can't make nothing but open worlds without expecting diminishing returns.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm hoping Ghost Recon Breakpoint was... well, the breaking point for their open world rampage. It's all well and good to have a specialty but you can't make nothing but open worlds without expecting diminishing returns.
The shift to work at home should wreck that habit of theirs for a good while, since they'll have no other choice but to reduce the scope of their games under such limited conditions.

At least the presentation airs at a reasonable time, I'll give them that much.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Michel Ancel needs to have Beyond Good & Evil 2 finished first, assuming that doesn't become his The Last Guardian...
What makes matters worse is that he also was working on a game called WiLD, which was meant to get his full attention after BG&E2.

I'm frustrated with Ancel. He makes great games but he takes such an artsy approach with them all that his non-Rayman stuff takes way too long to finish. BG&E2 got scrapped and restarted at least twice, and their Space Monkey livestreams wasn't showing much progress even before Covid messed things up. Ubisoft as a whole has a bad habit of showing prerelease footage that never shows up in the final product.

UserKev

Smash Champion
This is laughable. If Ubisoft sent Sakurai a Rayman trophy during Smash 4, why isn't he yet in the game? Tf?? Rayman is the most in your face western rep other than Crash. I am actually reading Ubi is suddenly neglecting their mascot? :facepalm:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Scrolling through Twitter, and I see this.

For context, reason why this caught my eye was because this was tweeted by none other than Shinobi. Around the time of last year's E3, this person also posted something along the lines "we're in for a smashing good time" (I believe it was on a Gamefaqs thread or... some other forum). Lo and behold, when the E3 Nintendo Direct 2019 came along, we got the reveals for both Hero AND Banjo & Kazooie. Don't mean to get ya'll over hyped but, this bodes well. :shades:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

For context, reason why this caught my eye was because this was tweeted by none other than Shinobi. Around the time of last year's E3, this person also posted something along the lines "we're in for a smashing good time" (I believe it was on a Gamefaqs thread or... some other forum). Lo and behold, when the E3 Nintendo Direct 2019 came along, we got the reveals for both Hero AND Banjo & Kazooie. Don't mean to get ya'll over hyped but, this bodes well. :shades:
Oh wow. It might just be a coincidence of sorts as the wording here is pretty simple, mostly seems like the usual promotion/reminder, but this is really nice nonetheless. I'll probably be keeping it in mind.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Oh wow. It might just be a coincidence of sorts as the wording here is pretty simple, mostly seems like the usual promotion/reminder, but this is really nice nonetheless. I'll probably be keeping it in mind.
Yeah, most likely a coincidence since there's no subliminal wording or anything, still neat though!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

At the very least, it would just mean that Ubi's conference won't be as dull as a sack of hammers like last time.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

To be clear, it was on Resetera.

Unlike with the tease of Banjo for Smash, nothing seems to be implied or hinted at here - it's just mentioning that Ubisoft is having a conference of some sort. I'm assuming it will be pretty similar to most of their E3 press conferences.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Unlike with the tease of Banjo for Smash, nothing seems to be implied or hinted at here - it's just mentioning that Ubisoft is having a conference of some sort. I'm assuming it will be pretty similar to most of their E3 press conferences.
So a Just Dance 2020 show and then way too many Tom Clancy games with blatant Splinter Cell teasing?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What would it be this time, the Zelda cast showing up in the Assassin's Creed universe?
Well, they already have Soul Calibur appearances in common, so why not? (I'm aware that there's a million reasons why not; I'm mostly joking)

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

Slightly hoping for something Rayman related but mostly expecting Asscreed, rainbow Six, and all those other things no one cares for unfortunately

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I really hope we get a new 3D Rayman a la The Great Escape and Hoodlum Havoc soon. I mean, I know we won't...but I still hope...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Min Min's out now, which gives us an idea of how future spirit promotions will be handled.

Her spirit battle (along with the name of her spirit from the base game) remains unchanged (even the music stays the same), while her fighter spirit is called Min Min (Fighter).

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Min Min's out now, which gives us an idea of how future spirit promotions will be handled.

Her spirit battle (along with the name of her spirit from the base game) remains unchanged (even the music stays the same), while her fighter spirit is called Min Min (Fighter).
This means Rayman could easily have a Rayman 3 render done the same way!

Top Bottom