• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
What if Rayman had a Palutena's Guidance

Pit: Lady Palutena, who's this guy?

Palutena: That's Rayman, the protector of the Glade of Dreams!

Pit: Okay, but what is he? He doesn't have any arms! Or legs!

Palutena: Hmm... I'm not entirely sure, perhaps he's... a thingamjig? What I do know though is that his lack of limbs is hardly a detriment. He'll spin his fist to wind up for a big punch, and he'll cover long distances by spinning his hair like helicopter blades!

Viridi: Yeah, and unlike YOU he doesn't need someone else's help to fly!

Pit: Ha ha... veeeery funny...

Viridi: I actually have a summer home in the Glade of Dreams! It's quite a beautiful place that's so in-tune with nature~ Though there was that pirate attack a decade back...

Palutena: You know Pit, maybe if you let me remove your limbs you'll have a much greater reach!

Pit: I LIKE MY LIMBS WHERE THEY ARE PLEASE
Yo this is perfect!

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's a fun fact for the day, regarding the fan game.

Edit: And it's out!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's a fun fact for the day, regarding the fan game.

Edit: And it's out!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
GO play it everyone! A very fine remaster of the original, and has tons of new tings and QoL improvements. And intriguingly to me, was developed by a Finnish person.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If anyone's interested, Source Gaming released the results of their latest poll:

Our boy made #6

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Guys.

Min Min is the Arms rep.

Min Min was originally a spirit.

Spirits can be fighters.

Knick knack, the deconfirm argument is wack. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Guys.

Min Min is the Arms rep.

Min Min was originally a spirit.

Spirits can be fighters.

Knick knack, the deconfirm argument is wack. :4pacman:
Yup. I would even say that Rayman's chance looks pretty good now.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of Rayman, I can imagine his Amiibo, if he gets in, have his figure held up by something now like Joker's Amiibo, don't you all think?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
This does not particularly help our chances or hurt them, but I found it interesting how Vault Boy got picked for a Mii costume rather than the Bethesda character that everyone has been requesting for a while now, Doom Slayer, similar to how Altair and the Rabbids got in as costumes before Rayman.

What are you playing at, Sakurai?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
This is certainly the most confidence I've had in Rayman showing up since the ballot days.

I've been burned before, but man, things just keep piling up, huh?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I'm having a blast playing Rayman Redemption, enough that it has reinvigorated my Raymania and subsequently boosted my desire for Rayman in Smash. Even knowing that it's a fan remake, it feels so nostalgic to play through it.

This might well be Rayman's Black Mesa.

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Rayman, I can imagine his Amiibo, if he gets in, have his figure held up by something now like Joker's Amiibo, don't you all think?
Sorry to post this again, but that's exactly what I had in mind for this concept I put together a while ago. I was basing it off of Ridley's amiibo, but Joker's is another great example of this.

received_558500711697201.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This does not particularly help our chances or hurt them, but I found it interesting how Vault Boy got picked for a Mii costume rather than the Bethesda character that everyone has been requesting for a while now, Doom Slayer, similar to how Altair and the Rabbids got in as costumes before Rayman.

What are you playing at, Sakurai?
That one quote that people assume is what deconfirmed Doom Slayer was done by a lesser key figure in Bethesda (not even the prez), who apparently believed that "nothing serious" happened, at least that's what he's been told. Also, Cacodemon Mii Hat never got proven or disproven.

Sounds to me like subterfuge.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Spirit fan rule is dead and Joker's amiibo provided a means for Rayman's amiibo to look less wonky with that blue streak holding him up. This presentation was pretty good for the Raygang

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
A bit off-topic, but I've been playing Rayman Redemption now that I had the time and it's amazing; I love all the little details and the new stages and content. The skins are even really well done, I just unlocked the Lockjaw one so far but I love how the punch changes too. The game feels a little easier, but it might be that you start with some abilities and the much bigger camera view. Overall, I really like it!

Also, I agree, by now I think he might really be on the horizon for Smash.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I urge anyone who's unsure of how Rayman might play in Smash to try Rayman Redemption (if you've not already played Rayman 1 to begin with). It's a fantastic showcase of what Rayman is capable of that sets him apart from someone like Min Min, and that doesn't even delve into his abilities from later games!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope Ubisoft doesn't leave Smash with just a few spirits, Altiair from the hit game Altiair Mii costume and a Rabbid hood.

If Rayman and Crash got to be playable in Smash then that would be the big platformers of the 90's all accounted for.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I hope Ubisoft doesn't leave Smash with just a few spirits, Altiair from the hit game Altiair Mii costume and a Rabbid hood.

If Rayman and Crash got to be playable in Smash then that would be the big platformers of the 90's all accounted for.
I will not stand for this Aero the Acro-Bat erasure!

...Actually, I will, because I've never actually played that game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Aside from Bonk, anyway. I would mention Earthworm Jimbo too, but he's had hard times before recently.

Meanwhile, Ubi Soft's For Honor JUST GOT a guest character in Samurai Shodown. So they still have fighting games in mind.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You think we'll ever get a sequel to Legends?
Probably. They’re not quite done milking legends yet but I’m sure it’ll come here soon.

Man, I have not been in here in a while. JamesDNaux JamesDNaux still kicking around?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I SUPPORT HIM FOR SMASH!

I remember playing Rayman Raving Rabbids long time ago as well the sequel, and T.V Party.
(They still hold a place in my heart of nostalgia.)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I know this thread has been going on for a long time, but I support! I wonder which songs from the Rayman series they would include? Maybe songs from Rayman 1, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Rayman M/Arena, Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc, Rayman Origins, and Rayman Legends. Both originals and new remixes. They should use this as his victory theme: https://youtu.be/mRVypEqDqcY

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I will not stand for this Aero the Acro-Bat erasure!

...Actually, I will, because I've never actually played that game.
Pulseman, my dude. And Earthworm Jim, eho is actually much more important.
But Pulseman is a hell of a hidden gem.
GameFreak made it before they made Pokémon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You are forgetting Spyro and Earthworm Jim.

Pulseman, my dude. And Earthworm Jim, eho is actually much more important.
But Pulseman is a hell of a hidden gem.
GameFreak made it before they made Pokémon.
I didn't know GameFreak made Pulseman. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There seems to be a plausible case for both Crash and Rayman going by recent evidence, so it could go to either one or both

Top Bottom