• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

4ZURE

Smash Cadet
I want a trailer with ARMS. I think a funny idea would be to have the ARMS fighter win only to get smacked with a plunger. The plunger gets reeled back in as a rabbid is bursting out laughing. The screen moves to the side and there stands Rayman looking down. The Rabbid turns and sees him, and with one smile, Rayman kicks into away before taking his place in the Smash tournament against the ARMS fighter.

Look I know the Rabbids are hated, but they really should appear in some way as they were a big part of Rayman.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I want a trailer with ARMS. I think a funny idea would be to have the ARMS fighter win only to get smacked with a plunger. The plunger gets reeled back in as a rabbid is bursting out laughing. The screen moves to the side and there stands Rayman looking down. The Rabbid turns and sees him, and with one smile, Rayman kicks into away before taking his place in the Smash tournament against the ARMS fighter.

Look I know the Rabbids are hated, but they really should appear in some way as they were a big part of Rayman.
I'm fine with Rayman repping them somehow tbh, they are part of his history

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
They could make him use a plunger gun in his moveset.
Or put a Rabbid in a taunt.
Or even in his Final Smash, idk.

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
The original series and Origins and Legends give them more than enough for a viable moveset
They shouldn't limit his moveset to Origins and Legends, though.
But, yeah, he has more than enough to make an inspired moveset.

Edit: woops didn't read the "the original series" part, sorry.
Rabbids could still get referenced, somehow.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'd honestly like the plunger gun to be a part of his moveset. Like some sort of slow projectile that when it hits, the target is temporarily stunned as they try to pull the plunger out of their face, something you'd use to read the enemy's movement and punish, like Mewtwo's Disable or Snake's tranq gun he has in Project M. As far as Rabbids representation goes, that's the only thing I'd add to his moveset except maybe his victory dance from Raving Rabbids as a victory animation.

Last edited:

NordicOS

Smash Rookie
Occurences with Rayman

1. Copyright Listing. This could definitely mean something in terms of Rayman's chance. It lines up with Banjo-Kazooie's trademark renewal, and we haven't seen anything new Rayman wise since then.
2. Spirits DO NOT deconfirm. As we all know.
3. Very big request, ever since Smash 4.
4. His presence as Ubisoft's mascot.
5. Plenty of moveset potential.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Occurences with Rayman

1. Copyright Listing. This could definitely mean something in terms of Rayman's chance. It lines up with Banjo-Kazooie's trademark renewal, and we haven't seen anything new Rayman wise since then.
2. Spirits DO NOT deconfirm. As we all know.
3. Very big request, ever since Smash 4.
4. His presence as Ubisoft's mascot.
5. Plenty of moveset potential.
Don't forget the thing with the Ubisoft bot and the take down of smash realted questions from their survey in less than 24 hours of it being up

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
These aren't really 'occurrences' so much as 'general things in Rayman's favor'

It's not like him having moveset potential is a new development that suddenly provides momentum to his current chances

NordicOS

Smash Rookie
These aren't really 'occurrences' so much as 'general things in Rayman's favor'

It's not like him having moveset potential is a new development that suddenly provides momentum to his current chances
correct, but you could make the argument that moveset potential DOES help, and occurence is just a term for "something that is present".

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
correct, but you could make the argument that moveset potential DOES help, and occurence is just a term for "something that is present".
Whenever someone says all Rayman does is punch, it's proof that they've never touched his games, smh

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Whenever someone says all Rayman does is punch, it's proof that they've never touched his games, smh
I partially blame Ubisoft for that. They're sitting on easy money, specially' right now, by not re-releasing (not necessarily remaking) more of their titles to the Switch. It'd be nice if one could own Rayman 1-3, Arena, Origins & Legends all on one system. Then more people could check the series out & learn about it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I partially blame Ubisoft for that. They're sitting on easy money, specially' right now, by not re-releasing (not necessarily remaking) more of their titles to the Switch. It'd be nice if one could own Rayman 1-3, Arena, Origins & Legends all on one system. Then more people could check the series out & learn about it.
Partly that, and partly this:

Franchise Killer: While the game has gotten great critical reception, it sold poorly, even worse than Rayman Origins did (which was already considered an Acclaimed Flop), and the series hasn't gotten a new game in 6 years as a result, not counting some Mobile stuff. Creator Michael Ancel has stated that a future Rayman game might be on the cards once he's finished with other projects, but it'll still be a while before that.
Legends being an overall flop (despite getting warmer returns later) killed goodwill to the point that not even the older games get rereleased on the current systems (putting aside what the 3DS e-shop currently has). At this stage, only two things can save the series: Smash and Ancel.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

Legends being an overall flop (despite getting warmer returns later) killed goodwill to the point that not even the older games get rereleased on the current systems (putting aside what the 3DS e-shop currently has). At this stage, only two things can save the series: Smash and Ancel.
I'm pretty sure legends sold better than origins Last I checked

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yeah, but the damage was still done, due to the multi-console/Wii U exclusive marketing mishap.
Idk it still sold well, just not amazing as they were hoping, which is there fault for delaying the finished Wii u game (think of all the hardcore Nintendo fans starving for Wii u games during that time considering there was hardly ANYTHING in February 2013 that would have eaten that game up) And releasing it the same month as gta V

Full priced 2D graphics games already struggle cause people have some backwards reading that only 3D graphics games should be 60 bucks (just look at octopath traveler) and combined with going up against gta V, not a good combo.

I feel like Rayman could very well still if they took the megaman approach. Still good games but a bit smaller budget and cheaper to buy, kinda like megaman 11, and then make the full 3D Rayman adventures 60 bucks whenever those return

NordicOS

Smash Rookie
Some ideas I had while playing Rayman 2: The Great Escape (wonderful game btw). Rayman has an idle animation in-game where he uses his torso as a basketball. I think this would be a great idle animation in Smash. This could also be a great option for one of his taunts. Speaking of taunts, I'll joint this with my ideas for some.
Up-Taunt: Rayman's basketball animation.
Side Taunt: He faces the screen and recreates his iconic pose from the OG Rayman
Side Taunt Option 2: The iconic "Yeah! Rayman!" animation from throughout the series.
Down Taunt: The little Irish dance he does whenever he finishes a level in Rayman 2

Most Wanted Fighters: Geno, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Dante

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Ubisoft admitted that Origins was profitable for the company.
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...man_Origins_proves_profitable_for_Ubisoft.php

What you said about Legends is generally true though, as it did start making money later on.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/30/ubisoft-reports-higher-than-expected-earnings

They seem to be slow starters.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Don't quite understand all of this but with multiple trademarks involving Rayman now showing up, it seems like there are some more plans on using Rayman beyond trademark renewals. Ubisoft is still supporting Rayman Mini and that supposed TV show could be two of these but will there be more? Hopefully, yes.
Supposed TV show? Is that the old one or a new one?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Supposed TV show? Is that the old one or a new one?
I'm referring to the one announced last year alongside other ones. Unless I'm wrong, we still don't really know if it's a Rayman show exactly or something a bit different.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm referring to the one announced last year alongside other ones. Unless I'm wrong, we still don't really know if it's a Rayman show exactly or something a bit different.
So, Ubisoft has a new show? Interesting...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey, so I wanted to share a potential Rayman amiibo:

They won't need any props or specific backgrounds if they have him sit down; that way, his body parts will be glued to the floor and he'll barely need any tubes to hold him together. His right foot, fist and head will all be glued together in this scenario, plus his head already connects to his torso which is glued to the ground so that shouldn't be a problem. MOst characters stand, but Kirby sits in his SSB4 version and Jigglypuff sits in Ultimate's. It's simple but effective.

Since I'm on the subject of a potential CSS pose I also made some recolors:

Most are obvious, I figure the Rayman Adventures palette needed love too.

Here's some extra ideas:

Rayman's main goal is to break cages so I figured the cage medallion would be a good fit. The '95 is a reference to his debut year, not how many characters in Smash.

Feedback is welcome, positive or negative.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Hey, so I wanted to share a potential Rayman amiibo:

They won't need any props or specific backgrounds if they have him sit down; that way, his body parts will be glued to the floor and he'll barely need any tubes to hold him together. His right foot, fist and head will all be glued together in this scenario, plus his head already connects to his torso which is glued to the ground so that shouldn't be a problem. MOst characters stand, but Kirby sits in his SSB4 version and Jigglypuff sits in Ultimate's. It's simple but effective.

Since I'm on the subject of a potential CSS pose I also made some recolors:

Most are obvious, I figure the Rayman Adventures palette needed love too.

Here's some extra ideas:

Rayman's main goal is to break cages so I figured the cage medallion would be a good fit. The '95 is a reference to his debut year, not how many characters in Smash.

Feedback is welcome, positive or negative.
He looks adorable, I love it

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Hey, the cage medallion is an interesting take on the symbol, not really iconic, but it's kinda consistent through the series, props for the thought you put into it.

It also made me consider the cages themselves as a symbol... though that may be pretty sinister...

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I love the artstyle, but sorry, I really don't like the pose.
Really not dynamic, and that comfort the people who are saying his amiibo can't be.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What if Rayman had a Palutena's Guidance

Pit: Lady Palutena, who's this guy?

Palutena: That's Rayman, the protector of the Glade of Dreams!

Pit: Okay, but what is he? He doesn't have any arms! Or legs!

Palutena: Hmm... I'm not entirely sure, perhaps he's... a thingamjig? What I do know though is that his lack of limbs is hardly a detriment. He'll spin his fist to wind up for a big punch, and he'll cover long distances by spinning his hair like helicopter blades!

Viridi: Yeah, and unlike YOU he doesn't need someone else's help to fly!

Pit: Ha ha... veeeery funny...

Viridi: I actually have a summer home in the Glade of Dreams! It's quite a beautiful place that's so in-tune with nature~ Though there was that pirate attack a decade back...

Palutena: You know Pit, maybe if you let me remove your limbs you'll have a much greater reach!

Pit: I LIKE MY LIMBS WHERE THEY ARE PLEASE

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I love the artstyle, but sorry, I really don't like the pose.
Really not dynamic, and that comfort the people who are saying his amiibo can't be.
Yea the response I've gotten on twitter is that it doesn't capture his wild side. I was going for his laidback nature but it's not really clicking with everyone.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Yea the response I've gotten on twitter is that it doesn't capture his wild side. I was going for his laidback nature but it's not really clicking with everyone.
To be fair, it's impossible to caputure Rayman's wild side while avoiding having a bunch of plastic stands coming out of your body 24/7.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
To be fair, it's impossible to caputure Rayman's wild side while avoiding having a bunch of plastic stands coming out of your body 24/7.
100% true. Figured the easiest way to avoid it would be to just have him sit.

Palutena: Hmm... I'm not entirely sure, perhaps he's... a thingamjig? What I do know though is that his lack of limbs is hardly a detriment. He'll spin his fist to wind up for a big punch, and he'll cover long distances by spinning his hair like helicopter blades!

Viridi: I actually have a summer home in the Glade of Dreams! It's quite a beautiful place that's so in-tune with nature~ Though there was that pirate attack a decade back...

Palutena: You know Pit, maybe if you let me remove your limbs you'll have a much greater reach!

I like this; it has the Kid Icarus energy and the thingamajig was a clever touch.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Well done my friend- I read it entirely in their voices.

Top Bottom