• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Screenshot_20190807-172816_Twitter.jpg
A little over 2 weeks old and we're up to 440 supporters! That's nuts! Yet there are still people out here who think Rayman isn't a big request. Glad to be proving them wrong!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Another moveset idea.

Up B: Super Helicopter

Dating all the way back to Rayman 1, the Limbless Wonder is reunited with his temporary power of flight. His hair changes color to that rarely-seen swirl from his younger years, and he's able to fly exactly like he did in R1. Unfortunately, the ability is temporary, and so after a few seconds of use the potion that he drank (offscreen, and before the match starts of course) wears off and reverts to his normal Helicopter, allowing him to only Descend while the Special was primarily used to ascend.

The Super Helicopter lets Rayman fly through the air notably faster than his regular variant, and the latter also racks up damage on those directly above his head while the former cannot. If his Forward Tilt could rack up damage, then a super-charged version that doubles as a recovery does even moreso. Aside from its duration, the only drawback is that if Rayman takes damage to the head while the Super 'copter is in use, both that and his regular 'copter will be disabled until he lands. Rayman's sadly prone to losing his powers when hit hard enough canonically (Rayman 2, Rayman Origins, etc), but luckily that aspect of him only applies to his Up Special. No other moves in this set of mine run that risk.

Forward Tilt:
https://geneticdestiny.tumblr.com/post/120205655007/rayman-forward-tilt-strong-side-idea-here-he
Neutral Air:
https://geneticdestiny.tumblr.com/post/164212690137/neutral-air-scoop-punch-i-never-finished-my
Down Tilt:
https://geneticdestiny.tumblr.com/post/122958384102/down-tilt-strong-down-idea-first-rayman
Down Smash:
https://smashboards.com/threads/rayman-revolution-spirit-of-dreams.446447/post-21840251
Back Air:
https://smashboards.com/threads/rayman-revolution-spirit-of-dreams.446447/post-22052458

Hey, if y'all wanna post these on the Rayman For Smash twitter by all means do it. Just give me credit, I'm AndrewJCay1.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Isn’t weird how I scroll through the Credits Listing of Collaborators Yet I am not finding any of them mentioning Ubisoft since they only have 1 Thing from there IP (Mario, Peach & Kong Rabbids Spirit’s are Nintendo made so it really doesn’t count) and that’s Rayman Spirit? Something is telling me this is fishy at best

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Throwing this up for anyone that might want to use them, maybe we can light the fire back under this campaign.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Rayman is not Japanese so Sakurai doesn't give a ****. He wants to put in a bunch of random Japanese characters that were not even voted on in the ballot and are not known worldwide like this SNK garbage and Joker. You can tell that I am pretty bitter about everything.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This isn't about Sakurai or Smash at all, but Ubisoft apparently not caring about their own mascot enough to celebrate his birthday on Twitter.

If anything, one should pester Ubi for thinking AC and Rabbids are more important.

At least they started up a new branch, so things might change. Might.

https://twitter.com/RaymanTogether/status/1168954992285368320

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
A SECOND PASS HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED, GLADE-DWELLERS!
OUR GUY STILL HAS A SHOT!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I still worry for Sakurai's health, though...

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
We've got one hell of a shot with this announcement. I'm so glad they're adding more characters, and I hope he's taking care of himself. Btw, handling two controllers like that was pretty impressive.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

It's not necessarily a second pass; it could be a few extra DLC characters, like Piranha Plant.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hi Everyone, iv'e been looking at this thread for almost a long time now and i'm interested in being apart of it, i was planning to play the games for quite a long time now and so far i have the first game for the ps1 right now, i see rayman as a excellent choice for smash and would like to show my support for him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's fine, his body's conditioned for overtime conditions. Which is more than can be said for what's going on at Chucklefish and Netherrealm Games...

It's not necessarily a second pass; it could be a few extra DLC characters, like Piranha Plant.
If the WOL datamine's accurate, we could get up to 10 standalone characters, but we'll see what happens there. Pretty exciting otherwise tho.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hi Everyone, iv'e been looking at this thread for almost a long time now and i'm interested in being apart of it, i was planning to play the games for quite a long time now and so far i have the first game for the ps1 right now, i see rayman as a excellent choice for smash and would like to show my support for him.
Thanks for the support! If you have a Switch, I'd strongly recommend looking into Rayman Legends. The Rayman games are (mostly) stand-alone experiences, and Rayman Legends has some of the smoothest platforming and best art direction that I've ever seen.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Considering Sakurai's statements about bringing in as many game worlds as we can, that alone makes me hopeful Rayman gets picked in the second season. It's really the best logical choice if they want to pair up with Ubisoft.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed something today and I thought I would share it. It might not mean anything tho. If you look at the render they used for Rayman, its the legends one, not the orginale. Most spirits in game are the orginale one. I don't know if its been mentioned here before tho.
Spirit Render
1567877354531.png

Orginale Render
1567877369486.png

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I just noticed something today and I thought I would share it. It might not mean anything tho. If you look at the render they used for Rayman, its the legends one, not the orginale. Most spirits in game are the orginale one. I don't know if its been mentioned here before tho.
Spirit Render
View attachment 237339
Orginale Render
View attachment 237340
If Rayman ends up becoming playable after the fighter pass, i want his render to be ripped from Rayman 3 to be his fighter spirit.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If Rayman got in, I kinda feel like his Spirit would be from the 3D games. At least to me, Rayman 2 feels like the most iconic portrayal of the character.

Erfly

Smash Cadet
I'd lost hope for Rayman with only the one fighter pass, but knowing more DLC is coming makes me so hopeful that he'll get in.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'd lost hope for Rayman with only the one fighter pass, but knowing more DLC is coming makes me so hopeful that he'll get in.
Sadly, same. I started boarding the Doom Slayer ship after just accepting Rayman wouldn't be in Fighter Pass #1 but now that more is on the way, I am back into the hype of speculation and Rayman back on the top of my wishlist alongside Rex, Shantae, and like I said, Slayer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Ubisoft would be more than willing, especially now that his Brawlhalla appearance has been overshadowed by Finn, Jake and Princess Bubblegum.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Ubisoft would be more than willing, especially now that his Brawlhalla appearance has been overshadowed by Finn, Jake and Princess Bubblegum.
Although it is frigging strange that they haven't done anything else for Rayman recently. Didn't even celebrate his birthday on Twitter.

Has anyone else noticed how odd this radio silence is?

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I think everyone noticed, and is suffering from the lack of anything Rayman related from Ubisoft.
But here we'd better talk about things that bring hope, even in the slightest.

For exemple, there's gonna be a title called Rayman Mini for the Apple Arcade library.
It's not a big deal, but at least, Rayman's not forgotten by the devs. (surely awaiting for Ancel to finish whatever he's doing)

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it'd be a big waste. Though, people said the same for when they got the Tetris license in Brawl to no avail... but that's enough hypo-negative-theticals from my festerin' cakehole. The Rayman spirit is too smallscale, Ubisoft's being too quiet, & the Smash team's being awfully generous, so who would I be to handwave faith?

I wanna wax about a new Rayman kart racer. Anybody else wanna wax about a new Rayman kart racer?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so it does turn out that Rayman has something new. On mobile. In which he's been shrunken to be tiny for some reason. And jokes are being made about it.

https://www.polygon.com/apple/2019/...e-pac-man-rayman-square-enix-100-games-lineup

Yes, it'd be a big waste. Though, people said the same for when they got the Tetris license in Brawl to no avail... but that's enough hypo-negative-theticals from my festerin' cakehole. The Rayman spirit is too smallscale, Ubisoft's being too quiet, & the Smash team's being awfully generous, so who would I be to handwave faith?

I wanna wax about a new Rayman kart racer. Anybody else wanna wax about a new Rayman kart racer?
Oh, that's a different case, no one realised just how much of a humongous prick Henk Rogers was at the time. At least the songs are public domain.

Last edited:

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
If we got Rayman in Brawlhalla on 23th Anniversary, a new game for the Apple Arcade library on 24th Anniversary, can we get him in Smash Ultimate for 25th Anniversary?

Last edited:
Top Bottom