• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman Classic on mobile is harder than it should be.

Why am I so bad. Can't get it to save once. Stuck on that BS 3rd area of the forest bit.
Platformers and touchscreens don't go hand in hand together.

When Christan Whitehead and PagodaWest Games are done with Sonic Mania, I would love to them do a remastering of Rayman 1.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
>_> Or an emulator, maybe? I use that for R2 and R3 especially. Good luck!

It was Rayman Origins, and believe it or not, it worked pretty well, and even so, my AC: Rogue game I for it from Steam and I still had to forcefully make an account on Uplay and link it to activate the game and the DLC, it is a mess because if it isn't a problem with Steam, it is one with the UplayPC server like yesterday.
I don't like emulators cos then I don't feel like i own it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I don't like emulators cos then I don't feel like i own it.
xD Good point there, but well, in my case I have at least the Gamecube version of R3, as for R2, I played it the first time on the N64 emulator, so it's not much big of a deal! :p I didn't wanted to have Origins and I got it for free.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really don't know what to think of this Mario and Rabbids crossover.

I just hope Rayman is involved.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's Johnny 2: Electric Boogaloo

It won't die.

Well, at least I came prepared.
Overall I'm just pretty apathetic towards the whole thing.

The cast of playable characters sounds pretty lame. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Rabbids dressed up as them? Even ignoring Rayman, you still have a huge cast of characters on the Mario side, some who people want to see enter the spotlight more.

If we see it around E3 I hope it can impress me.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

HERE'S JOHNNY.
Warning: The following comment section contains the worst of the worst you would find on the Internet.

But it was bound to happen since the Rabbids are like the Minions in more ways than one, but they are clearly more controversial.

AndreaAC

But it was bound to happen since the Rabbids are like the Minions in more ways than one, but they are clearly more controversial.
And the Rabbids came first. After all.

But unlike the Minions, I CAN stand the Rabbids, again, by themselves they are hilarious hurting themselves by their own stupity, and I thank their existance. :p That's why I own quite a few Rabbid toys from McD's plus 2 plushies and 1 perfectly sized and crafted figure all made by McFarlane just like my AC figs. >3> I can't deny that I sometime hug the plushies, specially the Luchador Rabbid since it doesn't scream like the other one (and also because there's no Shay and Ray plushies ; 3 ; )

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And the Rabbids came first. After all.

But unlike the Minions, I CAN stand the Rabbids, again, by themselves they are hilarious hurting themselves by their own stupity, and I thank their existance. :p That's why I own quite a few Rabbid toys from McD's plus 2 plushies and 1 perfectly sized and crafted figure all made by McFarlane just like my AC figs. >3> I can't deny that I sometime hug the plushies, specially the Luchador Rabbid since it doesn't scream like the other one (and also because there's no Shay and Ray plushies ; 3 ; )
True. Imagine if there were far more Rabbids merchandise and commercials EVERYWHERE like in Europe.

Then we can say they are like the Minions. :laugh:

AndreaAC

True. Imagine if there were far more Rabbids merchandise and commercials EVERYWHERE like in Europe.

Then we can say they are like the Minions. :laugh:
xD Do you think if was the case here in the Americas....would they get more annoying? Because one of the things that annoyed me endlessly was that, the Minions where EVERYWHERE, specially here in Mexico, EVEN classmates from my university where going crazy to get the collectible Minions figures (imagne how I felt when I had to do the party decoration for a kid's party about these things). But, there's one thing, the Rabbids mainly belong to the gaming world and have only appeared on the small screen, while the Minions began on the big screen and they are obviously the most merchandised things out of the whole Despicable Me movie.

I honestly wish Ubi tried to focus on more characters other than them and Ezio (yeah, just Ezio, because it is the overrated one of the bunch), the few Rayman things I have seen like that small figure of R3 Ray sitting on a mushroom and the McD R2 toys, are something that I WISH existed again, T 3 T That's the only disadvantage out of Rayman's design, that it seems to make Ubi think it is too complicated to handle for the merchandising.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Imo the Minions sucked because the memes, and the overexposure. Rabbids suck, because Ubisoft puts them where they don't belong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HERE'S JOHNNY.
Jezum Crow...

The reason they would likely consider this is because they might lose the license to the South Park RPG games (The Stick of Truth & The Fractured But Whole) and want to continue the concept with the Rabbids.

Except, are the Rabbids really that important. Yeah, they've got their own games, toys, a TV show, and other things over the years, but is there an actual demand?

Frankly, unless Rayman was a character that could be used in the game (would mark the first time Mario & Rayman were playable together), it's something I would avoid. And I am a fan of the Mario & Luigi games.

so. . .
Rabids and Mario crossover is basically confirmed at this point
It might mean good things for rayman.

There is even a rumor or too that accompany this specifically mentioning Rayman

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Though this may be late, the plot thickens.

Funny how some are saying this "confirms" Rayman as a Smash shoo-in. But it's too early to be saying that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Funny how some are saying this "confirms" Rayman as a Smash shoo-in. But it's too early to be saying that.
How long has Rayman actually stuck around with the Rabbits before they branched out into their own thing afterwards? It's been a long time now, but I could have sworn it was mainly just one or two games, no?

Wouldn't that basically be them branching out into their own franchise, much like the case with Wario after Mario Land?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

How long has Rayman actually stuck around with the Rabbits before they branched out into their own thing afterwards? It's been a long time now, but I could have sworn it was mainly just one or two games, no?

Wouldn't that basically be them branching out into their own franchise, much like the case with Wario after Mario Land?
From the first Raving Rabbids game in 2006, the sequel in 2007 to Raving Rabbids T.V. Party in 2008.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
From the first Raving Rabbids game in 2006, the sequel in 2007 to Raving Rabbids T.V. Party in 2008.
So 3 games with Rayman and then 11 following games on their own? (according to a quick glance at Wikipedia at least)

Yeah, I think they pretty much branched off into their own thing at this point. At least it shows that Nintendo and Ubisoft are good enough buds with each other to have a crossover game of some sorts I guess.

Would have preferred a Mario x Rayman crossover platformer instead but yeah...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

So 3 games with Rayman and then 11 following games on their own? (according to a quick glance at Wikipedia at least)

Yeah, I think their pretty much branched off into their own thing at this point. At least it shows that Nintendo and Ubisoft are good enough buds with each other to have a crossover game of some sorts I guess.

Would have preferred a Mario x Rayman crossover platformer instead but yeah...
>_> Yeah, it is kind of shocking how many games they have got, probably more than Rayman's, and well, this adds another one ( :p hehe, I did the same)

It's surprising, before I mostly heard that they were in bad terms with each other I don't remember why, so, this reveal was something I not expected, I mean, the support of their games of course (Even if it is mostly limited to Rayman and the Rabbids, and for some reason Assassin's Creed when it seems to be too much for them), but an actual crossover with their most well known franchise is kinda crazy.

o-o Yeah, if it is because of the probable comedic approach of the game, Rayman's current appearance since Origins and Legends seems just as fitting, because these games are pretty wacky in comparison to the original three, and has more characters to add, like the Teensies, Globox, Barbara and the like.

Now, in my case, I would prefer to have a new Rayman game made from the ground up that doesn't use the Ubi engine anymore, I think it is too overused, and I miss the 3D Rayman. That cancelled prototype of R4 is still something that had become a thing than the RRR prototype that ended up being nothing like it and nearly made Rayman's series vanish.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
>_> Yeah, it is kind of shocking how many games they have got, probably more than Rayman's, and well, this adds another one ( :p hehe, I did the same)

It's surprising, before I mostly heard that they were in bad terms with each other I don't remember why, so, this reveal was something I not expected, I mean, the support of their games of course (Even if it is mostly limited to Rayman and the Rabbids, and for some reason Assassin's Creed when it seems to be too much for them), but an actual crossover with their most well known franchise is kinda crazy.

o-o Yeah, if it is because of the probable comedic approach of the game, Rayman's current appearance since Origins and Legends seems just as fitting, because these games are pretty wacky in comparison to the original three, and has more characters to add, like the Teensies, Globox, Barbara and the like.

Now, in my case, I would prefer to have a new Rayman game made from the ground up that doesn't use the Ubi engine anymore, I think it is too overused, and I miss the 3D Rayman. That cancelled prototype of R4 is still something that had become a thing than the RRR prototype that ended up being nothing like it and nearly made Rayman's series vanish.
I haven't really been following much on Ubisoft's more recent track records, the only controversial thing I remember from them in relation with Nintendo was the whole backlash of them delaying Rayman Legends in order to release the game to the other consoles too, but that was mainly from the fans, I don't know if Nintendo themselves commented much on that.

I would love a new 3D Rayman too, I've played Rayman 2 the Great Escape, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, I'd like to see Ubisoft test their hand on another 3D Rayman platformer.

AndreaAC

I haven't really been following much on Ubisoft's more recent track records, the only controversial thing I remember from them in relation with Nintendo was the whole backlash of them delaying Rayman Legends in order to release the game to the other consoles too, but that was mainly from the fans, I don't know if Nintendo themselves commented much on that.

I would love a new 3D Rayman too, I've played Rayman 2 the Great Escape, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, I'd like to see Ubisoft test their hand on another 3D Rayman platformer.
O-O Maybe it was that one! And good point there, sometimes rumors and things like these get a little out of hand when the word is spread out by fans. xD Another "controversial" but hilarious thing was when Ancel said that "Nintendo's relationship with Rayman is like a love story" or something like that, and in the same vid where he said that, someone put "Nintentdo".

:D R2 is one of their best (...So much that they ported it countless times....), I loved R3 a lot just like R2, makes me wish that if they were going back to these roots, use both main focus these two games have (like exploration from R2 and combat from R3) and they also use the R4 prototype's concepts that also thows environments and elements combined from the 3 games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
O-O Maybe it was that one! And good point there, sometimes rumors and things like these get a little out of hand when the word is spread out by fans. xD Another "controversial" but hilarious thing was when Ancel said that "Nintendo's relationship with Rayman is like a love story" or something like that, and in the same vid where he said that, someone put "Nintentdo".

:D R2 is one of their best (...So much that they ported it countless times....), I loved R3 a lot just like R2, makes me wish that if they were going back to these roots, use both main focus these two games have (like exploration from R2 and combat from R3) and they also use the R4 prototype's concepts that also thows environments and elements combined from the 3 games.
Yeah, sometimes fans project their own feeling onto the companies they support and assume they feel the same as they do. At least we know Nintendo didn't mind Ubisofts decision so much that they decided to want the Rayman trophies from Smash Wii U be removed or something.

Ah, I remember seeing commercials of Rayman 3 and really wanting to play it, quite a shame I never got around to though.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Nobody is a shoo-in.

But this does however confirm that Ubisoft is getting closer to Nintendo like they'd did during the Wii U's years.

Whether this means they want to promote Rayman for Smash remains unknown.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hey there!

I have to admit it, the image about Mario+Rabbids looked "funny" to me, I give them a chance! :) But I hope there's somehow a Rayman easter egg/cameo/reference or something, since he isn't shown in the cover I think he will not appear or won't have an important role in the game :(.

I hate the Rabbids for what they did to Rayman, but again, I like how the cover for Mario+Rabbids looks.

And I found this image funny, I thought you would as well :laugh:

I saw some comments about Rayman 1, and omg... that game is so hard, sincerely I've only completed it with the "Infinite Lives" cheat xD, and I tried the Android version, but it's even harder than the original with the touch controls.

PS: Good thing I found this Switch thread, I thought the other thread died and there wasn't other one.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Hey there!

I have to admit it, the image about Mario+Rabbids looked "funny" to me, I give them a chance! :) But I hope there's somehow a Rayman easter egg/cameo/reference or something, since he isn't shown in the cover I think he will not appear or won't have an important role in the game :(.

I hate the Rabbids for what they did to Rayman, but again, I like how the cover for Mario+Rabbids looks.

I saw some comments about Rayman 1, and omg... that game is so hard, sincerely I've only completed it with the "Infinite Lives" cheat xD, and I tried the Android version, but it's even harder than the original with the touch controls.
:D HELLO! It has been a while since I have seen you around! I hope you have been doing alright!

About the possible cameo, there's a chance, even, if you have seen the Rabbid wrap up paper that Ubi gave for the holidays, there's a Rayman Rabbid (actually limbless), and making it playable even if it isn't Rayman himself, would be something!

=3o I hate them too for nearly ending Rayman, but the separation of both was for the best at least. Even if Ubi seems to have too much focus into them now.

xD PERFECT REPRESENTATION of the current situation for poor Ray.

O-O Say that AT LEAST you could complete it....I tried the Android version with the Infinite lives and it has been a PAIN to play...I only got to Band Land but, it is impossible for me from there!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey there!

PS: Good thing I found this Switch thread, I thought the other thread died and there wasn't other one.
This image is so true, that it's funny.

And it hurts.

But at least Rayman Legends: Definite Edition is a thing.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
:D HELLO! It has been a while since I have seen you around! I hope you have been doing alright!

About the possible cameo, there's a chance, even, if you have seen the Rabbid wrap up paper that Ubi gave for the holidays, there's a Rayman Rabbid (actually limbless), and making it playable even if it isn't Rayman himself, would be something!

=3o I hate them too for nearly ending Rayman, but the separation of both was for the best at least. Even if Ubi seems to have too much focus into them now.

xD PERFECT REPRESENTATION of the current situation for poor Ray.

O-O Say that AT LEAST you could complete it....I tried the Android version with the Infinite lives and it has been a PAIN to play...I only got to Band Land but, it is impossible for me from there!
Yeah, it has been a while, it's nice to see you're still around here too!

I think I haven't seen that, do you have an image about it or something? It could be interesting, and right, It would be something! xD

This image is so true, that it's funny.

And it hurts.

But at least Rayman Legends: Definite Edition is a thing.
Yeah, that's true, I'm not very hyped for that edition, though. I hope they implement lots of interesting things (like new platform and music levels) and not only that Kung Foot thing, I mean, yeah that minigame was funny, but if they want to sell us the Switch Version as the Definitive Edition, it has to have something more than Kung Foot improvments.

I'm more hyped about that message which they said about a new Rayman game depending of how the Switch version sells, I want to think that means they're working already on it and I wish it's a 3D game.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to talk about the hypothetical Switch Smash, Mario+Rabbids game may mean Ubisoft and Nintendo are working together so maybe more possibilities about Rayman in Smash? (I don't want to think this increases the chance of Rabbids in Smash instead of Rayman xD)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, it has been a while, it's nice to see you're still around here too!

I think I haven't seen that, do you have an image about it or something? It could be interesting, and right, It would be something! xD
rabbids.png

XD HERE IT IS

Last edited:

AndreaAC

WOW, I definitely didn't see this and it's awesome that Rayman Rabbid xD, thanks for sharing, the others look amazing too, I really like what they did with Rabbids Cosplayed xD, well, then yes, I hope at least we have a Rabbid dressed as Rayman in the game.
xD It took me by surprise as well, a friend showed it to me and just because of that I went to get most of the Ubi Giveaways. I didn't expected Ray, really, I mean, I know there was one on the RRR concept art:
rrr2_artwork_rabbinator10b.jpg

xD So an actual limbless Rabbid is pretty neat . It kinda saddens me that it is now based on RO Ray instead of R3 and that Assassin Rabbid cosplays Ezio instead of poor Alty.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman

Just curious, what Rayman do you think would be the most suited for smash?
The obvious choice to go to is the modern version, but I think the 99-02 era Rayman is more suited to the cartoony Smash 4.

AndreaAC

The obvious choice to go to is the modern version, but I think the 99-02 era Rayman is more suited to the cartoony Smash 4.

They would probably go with something similar to the trophy they already got, but they should fix the face since it looks extremely weird from certain angles since they wanted to keep the "flat" effect, but it turned out really bad. Smash "most" of the time go with the recent design OR a combination between old and mordern (Like Zero Suit Samus' case that has the Zero Mission and Other M designs)
d.png

Like really, it needs like a bunch of touch ups...>_>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Frankly, Current Rayman (2011-Present) would be the ideal design for Smash. It's simplistic but capable of lots of expressions. The previous two incarnations of Rayman did have some problems in that department, which was emphasized a lot in Origins & Legends.

AndreaAC AndreaAC , one simple solution would be to simply position his head a at a slightly downward angle. As for appearance, the unfortunate thing is that he will have some awkward angles, but I'd rather have those than characters who grant panty shots in said angles (*COUGH=*Paluenta!*COUGH*)

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

AndreaAC AndreaAC , one simple solution would be to simply position his head a at a slightly downward angle. As for appearance, the unfortunate thing is that he will have some awkward angles, but I'd rather have those than characters who grant panty shots in said angles (*COUGH=*Paluenta!*COUGH*)
>_> Good point there, but I think they left the "posibility" of getting these kind of shots because....just because. xD

O-O Awkward and CREEPY angles...

That's one of the reasons I prefer R3 Ray's design over Origins/Legends, 3D or 2D.

There's also this one:

xD The model I think they used for the Legends trailers, one with the character and the prototype of the one with Snoopdog. xD His animation looked awkward, but the overall model looks way better than the Smash4 trophy by a lot. And unlike the trophy, Rayman has his eyes glued together like the R3 one instead of having a sole fused eyeball like Sonic.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And that's my problem with the Rayman trophies in Smash.

They work because they adapted them in 3D from the Origins style, but it doesn't work because they look off in some angles for being too "2D oriented".

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm so glad to have been proven wrong.
Not only is Ubisoft getting back in touch with Nintendo with potentially two exclusive titles, but they're aiming to being the Switch's biggest third party partner. That's HUGE news. It also helps that they're porting over Rayman Legends and Steep to the system.
Now, don't celebrate just yet. After all, we did that 2 years ago and got burned pretty bad. But compared to the DLC period, Rayman has a lot more going for him now.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I bet there will at least be a Rayman Cameo in this Mario + Rabbids game. He had a trophy, and the characters who first appeared as his enemies now share a title with Mario. That's pretty good for me, no a certain and guaranteed win, but clearly a good sign.

Do it my boy.

Top Bottom