• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
whats the differences? I only played R2.
Well, R3 is feels considerably short and linear in comparison to R2, that's one of the differences that can't be denied. The other one is probably the voice acting, as much as I wish that Rayman had spoken more (I mean, hell, David Gasman is the best voice Rayman ever had), the NPC's, specially Globox, speak way too much...and speaking of him, he seems way too stupid in this and screw the fatherhood and family. Murfy only makes an appearance on the first level (the Fairy Council), Ly is reduced to a cameo, Sssam too.

Oh, since it is more linear, it is focused more on combat than exploration, unlike R2 did.

What I liked the most was Rayman's design and voice, and even the environments and music.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, R3 is feels considerably short and linear in comparison to R2, that's one of the differences that can't be denied. The other one is probably the voice acting, as much as I wish that Rayman had spoken more (I mean, hell, David Gasman is the best voice Rayman ever had), the NPC's, specially Globox, speak way too much...and speaking of him, he seems way too stupid in this and screw the fatherhood and family. Murfy only makes an appearance on the first level (the Fairy Council), Ly is reduced to a cameo, Sssam too.

Oh, since it is more linear, it is focused more on combat than exploration, unlike R2 did.

What I liked the most was Rayman's design and voice, and even the environments and music.
And not the fact that Murfy said that he wish he found a girl with nice big "eyes" (hand gestures included).

The jokes they be getting away with in the series.

AndreaAC

And not the fact that Murfy said that he wish he found a girl with nice big "eyes" (hand gestures included).

The jokes they be getting away with in the series.
o-o Oh damn, I forgot about these jokes that especially come from him....=3= Why, Ubi, WHY?! and let's not forget some of the advertisement for that same game. What the hell where they thinking....wait, no, I don't want to know...>_>

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
o-o Oh damn, I forgot about these jokes that especially come from him....=3= Why, Ubi, WHY?! and let's not forget some of the advertisement for that same game. What the hell where they thinking....wait, no, I don't want to know...>_>
what do you mean why XD. keep them and add more I say.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
At least it confirmed one thing, Rayman has ways to urinate despite his strange body.

Or that they've tried too hard to make him cool and edgy at the time.

AndreaAC

what do you mean why XD. keep them and add more I say.
.U. PLEASE NO. I mean, funny, they did these kind of jokes WAY before R3, like in the Rayman 2 Dreamcast or something multiplayer I think....with one of Globox's kids talking to some ladies about a...foursome....and another one (a daughter) talking about feeliing hot and like taking her giant bow off...O-O

At least it confirmed one thing, Rayman has ways to urinate despite his strange body.

Or that they've tried too hard to make him cool and edgy at the time.
And that when he goes to the rest room, other men look at how of a HUGE feature it is....For God's sake, Ubi...

XD Well, the fact that he looks older, acts a little bit cocky and doesn't take himself seriously, maybe, because he indeed looks like he's going through a teenage phase. Haha! But despite that, he hasn't stopped being who he was in R1/R2.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
.U. PLEASE NO. I mean, funny, they did these kind of jokes WAY before R3, like in the Rayman 2 Dreamcast or something multiplayer I think....with one of Globox's kids talking to some ladies about a...foursome....and another one (a daughter) talking about feeliing hot and like taking her giant bow off...O-O

And that when he goes to the rest room, other men look at how of a HUGE feature it is....For God's sake, Ubi...

XD Well, the fact that he looks older, acts a little bit cocky and doesn't take himself seriously, maybe, because he indeed looks like he's going through a teenage phase. Haha! But despite that, he hasn't stopped being who he was in R1/R2.
hmmm.... does his..u know...does it pop out from somwhere and floats around seperate from his body too? XD.

aight i'm done with this direction. (obligatory Rayman 4 pls remark)

AndreaAC

hmmm.... does his..u know...does it pop out from somwhere and floats around seperate from his body too? XD.

aight i'm done with this direction. (obligatory Rayman 4 pls remark)
xD Only Ancel knows that!

T - T Yeah, I will never stop wanting the actual R4, especially the one of the Phoenix cancelled prototype....THE ART WAS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL. And it was going to use my fave design of Ray...but nope, the Rabbid prototupe took over and you can't even kick their butts.

Rayman 3's constant jibber jabber is one of the reasons I love Globox and the teensies so much.

Man I really should finish that game. And buy Rayman 1 which I STILL dont have somehow.

Rayman 4 or Rayman Legends sequel when?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My dream 3D Rayman would be something that has 3's gameplay, but with 2's structure.
My ideal 3D Rayman would take most of its inspiration from Rayman 2 and only take the combat from Rayman 3 (in addition to having the energy spheres as an optional ranged move). The combat in 3 was good, but there was far too much of it, let me run through a level without having to stop every five seconds to clear an army of mooks, please.

Rayman 2 had much better gameplay elements that didn't detract from the core elements of a platform game imo.
Rayman 3's constant jibber jabber is one of the reasons I love Globox and the teensies so much.
Rayman 3's jabber makes me want to tear my ears off.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. I actually wasn't much of a Rayman fan in the past. I was mostly aware of him as a character through the Rabbids games. Didn't play those either, but the Rabbids as characters just bothered me for some reason.

Then I tried Rayman Oranges, and loved it. (But I still haven't finished it...) That alone got me interested in Rayman. I want to get through the rest of the series eventually, but now I'd like to see him in Smash too.

And then of course there's Omni's Smashified artwork. The only leak that I've almost fallen for. Pretty disappointed it was fake in the end, but that just seemed to rile up more support for Rayman which was nice. So here's to hoping he gets a shot in the future.

Also that FTCR sig on SegaNintendoUbifsoft :rotfl:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Welcome to the Glade!

Sharing this here since Rayman. I don't draw Rayman enough...

My personal top five + Banjo, I've been putting this off for way too long.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Welcome to the Glade!

I'd cream if this was in the first reveal. I'm not big on Snake, but I'd take this 10/10.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Welcome to the Glade!

Nice to see it colored. While I prefer the hoodie, I have a soft-spot for Rayman's old scard.

Also really liked how Banjo and Inkling turned out.
Also that FTCR sig on SegaNintendoUbifsoft :rotfl:
That moment in the LP had me in tears. I just knew it had to be my signature. :rotfl:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Sorry bud, I'm a Bomberman kinda guy.
I know this wouldn't be the case, but if it were ever possible, I wish we could get Snake and Simon as Konami reps and Bomberman as a "Hudson" rep to represent them despite their properties being part of Konami now. Also something from Parodius just because.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I know this wouldn't be the case, but if it were ever possible, I wish we could get Snake and Simon as Konami reps and Bomberman as a "Hudson" rep to represent them despite their properties being part of Konami now. Also something from Parodius just because.
Isn't Opa Opa a Parodius thing cause I'd be down for Oo. I'd secretly love the roster being invaded by a bunch of Konami/Hudson tbh. Don't forget Frogger, Goemon, and Sparkster.

Edit: I meant Twinbee not OO

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Isn't Opa Opa a Parodius thing cause I'd be down for Oo. I'd secretly love the roster being invaded by a bunch of Konami/Hudson tbh. Don't forget Frogger, Goemon, and Sparkster.

Edit: I meant Twinbee not OO
Obviously the licencing issues are an understandable reason as to why they haven't done this, but even if not joining as proper characters, I've always liked the idea of third parties getting a few extra trophies of their other big characters. An even bigger pipe dream would be stages/music. I just really, really want a NiGHTS stage and stuff like that.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sorry bud, I'm a Bomberman kinda guy.
The thing is, Bomberman is very likely. More so now than ever. And in the event that Bomberman does make it in I think Snake will come along with him. They aren't really competing characters in that sense.

However if Snake came back first there is absolutely no guarantee of Bomberman, though even then he still isn't impossible.

Sadly I don't see Simon or any Belmont making it in at all. As much as I, and my boi @Xeno VII, love him I still think he's third in line behind Snake and Bomberman. BUT there were two Castlevania games released on the NES Classic so Nintendo definitely understands its legacy, Konami I don't think knows that as much.

I would absolutely die if all 3 became a thing in the next game but that is incredibly unlikely. So, my theory is that Rayman is definitely the first new 3rd party to be added. If another new one is added I think it'll definitely be Bomberman who would bring Snake alongside him. After that? It's up in the air. I have absolutely no idea who the next 3rd party would be but if they wanted an absolute icon that they don't have yet, it'll be Simon or another Belmont. As I don't really see Banjo, Lara Croft, or Dante as likely at all.

Right now SEGA and CAPCOM have two reps. I see no reason why Konami shouldn't have two as well. But like I said, I'm almost positive Rayman is next.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
It's completely arbitrary, but a small reason (aside from genuinely wanting them) that I'd like to see Rayman and Bomberman added, would be to see them next to Pac-Man and Mega Man on the roster. Just to have a small row of characters with names ending in man. :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't really have any thoughts on Bomberman one way or the other, but I really have no idea what he would be other than "Link's down special: the character." I don't have any thoughts on other Konami characters, but two are definitely possible.

But uh, getting a bit off topic huh, let's move Konami talk to the appropriate threads for it. I just want my boy Snake back.

I really want to hope Rayman is the next third party in line, I didn't think any other third party would get in before him but then Bayonetta happened. He still had trophies though, so there's some interest there on both ends. And if Smash Switch follows the same ideals of Smash 4, Rayman Legends will be a "new" Switch title, so that might give him some brownie points.

Here's hoping that when Smash Switch gets announced, we'll have another third party surprise like Snake/Mega Man that'll leave us speculating a second Ubisoft character, eh? Come on, E3.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh, awesome find! I have always wanted to see a better resolution image of the Betilla one.
Even though he's not shown, I wonder if characters like Globox were considered during the original prototype?

A limbless Globox would be weird.

AndreaAC

Even though he's not shown, I wonder if characters like Globox were considered during the original prototype?

A limbless Globox would be weird.
xD You're right, but he's a semi limbless at least! O-O xD without the whole arms, he would look a lot more of a punching bag....that floats! Because I don't think they would also make his head float...right...? o-o Not THAT would be even creepier...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've recently beaten Beyond Good and Evil.

Overall a really good game, I can see why its such a cult classic. Though I feel a couple of things hold it back from becoming a really great game.

The camera is bad, like, really bad. It felt way too sensitive. There were also certain moments that didn't feel well thought out.

Regardless, I found myself having a hard time putting it down. The characters and world are incredible, it's challenging (more than I thought it would be), and overall it's a game with a whole lot of love and care put into it.

I'm want to see this story continue someday, with those pieces of concept art and the rumor of the sequel being Switch exclusive, I hope we hear more about it sooner rather than later.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've recently beaten Beyond Good and Evil.

Overall a really good game, I can see why its such a cult classic. Though I feel a couple of things hold it back from becoming a really great game.

The camera is bad, like, really bad. It felt way too sensitive. There were also certain moments that didn't feel well thought out.

Regardless, I found myself having a hard time putting it down. The characters and world are incredible, it's challenging (more than I thought it would be), and overall it's a game with a whole lot of love and care put into it.

I'm want to see this story continue someday, with those pieces of concept art and the rumor of the sequel being Switch exclusive, I hope we hear more about it sooner rather than later.
I doubt the rumor is true tbh, seeing I have a Switch, I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it'll be a system exclusive game when/if it comes out.

Glad you liked the game though, definitely a favorite of mine. What do you think about the new concept art? I think Jade looks terrible now.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I doubt the rumor is true tbh, seeing I have a Switch, I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it'll be a system exclusive game when/if it comes out.

Glad you liked the game though, definitely a favorite of mine. What do you think about the new concept art? I think Jade looks terrible now.
I think the concept art looks good, though I'm a tad disappointed it's going for a more realistic approach rather than the stylized look of the original.

AndreaAC

So...I was having some problems with Uplay and my games...and when I googled the UbiSupport site, I found this note:
https://geekreply.com/geek-culture/2017/04/26/vivendi-plans-acquire-ubisoft-later-year

After reading it, from what I could understand, this is a horrible situation Ubi is in, and all that after celebrating 30 years of being an independent company. :( A friend noted that it sounds similar to the Bomberman situation, that may lead to Rayman having less and less games until they are non existant...same for the other many franchises Ubi has made. I REALLY pray that Ubi can overcome this and keep being the independent creator it always has been for so long.

I don't know if this was already known.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So...I was having some problems with Uplay and my games...and when I googled the UbiSupport site, I found this note:
https://geekreply.com/geek-culture/2017/04/26/vivendi-plans-acquire-ubisoft-later-year

After reading it, from what I could understand, this is a horrible situation Ubi is in, and all that after celebrating 30 years of being an independent company. :( A friend noted that it sounds similar to the Bomberman situation, that may lead to Rayman having less and less games until they are non existant...same for the other many franchises Ubi has made. I REALLY pray that Ubi can overcome this and keep being the independent creator it always has been for so long.

I don't know if this was already known.
Vivendi have had plans on overtaking Ubisoft for a while, but its only now gotten bigger.

The thought of Rayman and various other IPs going the way of Bomberman is terrifying. Granted, we did see a return of Bomberman earlier this year, but nobody expected it due to Konami being Konami

I can only hope Rayman and Beyond Good and Evil can manage through such a change.

Ubisoft has always seemed like a creator friendly place, and that's partly because of its independence. To see that being lost would be devastating.

AndreaAC

Vivendi have had plans on overtaking Ubisoft for a while, but its only now gotten bigger.

The thought of Rayman and various other IPs going the way of Bomberman is terrifying. Granted, we did see a return of Bomberman earlier this year, but nobody expected it due to Konami being Konami

I can only hope Rayman and Beyond Good and Evil can manage through such a change.

Ubisoft has always seemed like a creator friendly place, and that's partly because of its independence. To see that being lost would be devastating.
:( And only 5% is left for it to get it....IT IS NOTHING.

Despite Rayman having suffered kind of a temporal death with the Rabbids, he was still there, so, this would be even worse than that...and I don't want him to disappear again.

I hope ALL of Ubi's franchises survive, really, I may not know have know them all yet, but after enjoying Rayman since my childhood and more recently AC and the Prince of Persia, plus the others I have to try out yet, losing any would be utterly saddening.

:( And yeah, I agree. They definitely don't want to lose their freedom.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Don't worry, Ubisoft will surely fight to the death for their freedom.

Oh wait, they're French.

We're ****ed.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Rayman Classic on mobile is harder than it should be.

Why am I so bad. Can't get it to save once. Stuck on that BS 3rd area of the forest bit.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Rayman Classic on mobile is harder than it should be.

Why am I so bad. Can't get it to save once. Stuck on that BS 3rd area of the forest bit.
T U T Tell me about it, it was a pain for the that forest level too, xD But since I'm a coward I used the infinite lives option. I try to pass the Bandland level but hell, I can't =3= and there's more of the forest that has some weird thing that spits out enemies and I can't seem be able to kill it....

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
T U T Tell me about it, it was a pain for the that forest level too, xD But since I'm a coward I used the infinite lives option. I try to pass the Bandland level but hell, I can't =3= and there's more of the forest that has some weird thing that spits out enemies and I can't seem be able to kill it....
meeeeeh.
I guess ill wait until a PC release. or a VC. But ill try playing it one last time today.

Whatever rayman game Ubi was giving away through UbiClub i didnt bother cos that wasn't steam. I dont want games on like a billion tings.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

meeeeeh.
I guess ill wait until a PC release. or a VC. But ill try playing it one last time today.

Whatever rayman game Ubi was giving away through UbiClub i didnt bother cos that wasn't steam. I dont want games on like a billion tings.
>_> Or an emulator, maybe? I use that for R2 and R3 especially. Good luck!

It was Rayman Origins, and believe it or not, it worked pretty well, and even so, my AC: Rogue game I for it from Steam and I still had to forcefully make an account on Uplay and link it to activate the game and the DLC, it is a mess because if it isn't a problem with Steam, it is one with the UplayPC server like yesterday.

Top Bottom