• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
The passing of Remi Gazel is devastating. His music has had such a huge effect on my life. The world lost a great man.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Wow, that's quite a lot of information to just gloss over! Mr Dark returned and we don't even get to see it?!

In all seriousness, I know it's just flavor text written by some intern, but it does comfort me in knowing someone cared enough to do so.

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
Rayman will be there at E3!
As someone will be making a speedrun of R2, aiming to beat the world record!
Anyone who watches the speedrun for at least 30 minutes on twitch, and having linked their
UPlay account will be given Rayman Origins on it. This will happen after the show to determine the accounts elligible.

The speedrun will occur just before Ubisoft's presentation as an opening.
But it'd be a shame to not take adventage of this to showcase something else, right?...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here we go Glade-dwellers! only a few minutes until the Ubisoft conference. Arrange fingers in the proper crossing positions and hope for the best!
I thought it wasn't for another hour - the Ubisoft press conference is 4 pm Eastern, and it's only 3 pm.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meh, I'd be lucky if they show anything Rayman at all, I'm just interested in whether he has a new game coming or not at this stage. I expect that the conference won't be that interesting, so I'll skip it and check for articles later.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
The one I'm referring to is for Ubisoft of North America. It started just now in my area.
EDIT: My mistake. That was just the pre-conference show. The real deal starts now!

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
You're telling me. I was hoping the Rayman 2 stream pre-show was some sort of segue or teaser for a remaster, but alas, we don't even have that to look forward to (atleast for this year...)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You're telling me. I was hoping the Rayman 2 stream pre-show was some sort of teaser for a remaster, but alas, we don't even have that to look forward to (atleast for this year...)
They really are resting their laurels on Rayman Legends and digital re-releases of old Rayman games, aren't they? -___-

The closest thing he's had to anything new from them is that Brawlhalla nonsense.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wish I could think both Rayman and Banjo could get in.
I dont see that happening on this fighter pass (though it would be quite satisfying).

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
If they won't announce anything at Rayman's birthday, then IDK when.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yeah Ubisoft presentation blew and all but this being real is funny to me
20190611_095005.jpg

In other news, Direct in two hours! I don't expect Rayman, but it should be a fun one.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Banjo-Kazooie comes to Smash! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
Spyro comes to the Switch AND CTR Nitro Fueled! :bluejump:

Earthworm Jim is making a comeback! :rotfl:

Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom gets a rehydrated second wind! :joyful:
ALL IS GOOD IN THE PLATFORMING SCENE!!!

MEANWHILE, IN THE GLADE OF DREAMS....

...Now, don't think for a second I'm throwing shicaca at any of the previously mentioned, quite the opposite (that first one especially :love: ), I just wanted to vent a little as a Rayman fan. It hurts. Still, there's always a chance that things'll turn, even if not right now.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
While I'm not as confident about Rayman's chances as I was a couple of months ago (Ubisoft's E3 didn't exactly help, either), Banjo officially killing the "Western characters can't get in" argument is incredible. So many characters, including our limbless guy, have a greater chance now.

I hope he's able to join Banjo at some point.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Apparently, we have the mind behind Mario + Rabbids to thank in helping make Banjo's jump possible:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/banjo-kazooies-creators-discuss-smash-bros-inclusion/
Surprised but pleased to see that it was Nintendo that asked him to weave in bits and pieces of other level themes, as opposed to something that Kirkhope did himself - it was a nice touch! (I recognized Treasure Trove Cove, Freezeezy Peak, the final battle of Banjo-Kazooie, Mayahem Temple, and Rusty Bucket Bay - there might have been more)

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ubisoft had one of the worst E3's imo, not even as a Rayman fan, it just seemed so one-note, not a ton of diversity, and they spent too much time on certain games. Worse was the clapping at everything, you just know those are employees or paid actors, because no one is after that Just Dance segment, come the **** on.

As for Rayman, idk what to say, bummed but not broken. Banjo makes the chances look good, Ubi makes it look bad, so it's hard to believe in him, as much as I would like to

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I don't get it, why talking about diamonds specificaly?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well that's the Language barrier and cultural differences "rules" d-d-d-duuuuuunked in the bin.

Now just that Spirits one.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Now just that Spirits one.
That's my only fear about Rayman in Smash, because you have to think that for the Third-Party Spirits, Nintendo (most likely, Sakurai) will have contacted the companies that own those characters and have agreed to their appearance as Spirits.

I still keep hope.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well with Banjo finally home, Rayman is my most wanted character and last one I really care about.

I'll keep hoping beyond hope that he gets in the pass regardless of the spirit.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have been posting on here for a while. Good to see the thread back up. Now let's get out to 600 posts and keep this thread at the top of the discussions. Banjo-Kazooie's thread was like this and he got in.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Still holding hope for my limbless wonder! If the rumors about more DLC fighter packs is true, Rayman's a shoe in.

At the very least, really happy for the BanKazu peeps, and I'm super excited to have Erdrick after all (grew up playing Dragon Warrior III on GBC). Let's hope this East/West cooperation leads to a playable Rayman!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Would've been nice to get some Rayman news so we'd have something to talk about. Just asking, has Michel Ancel ever commented on Rayman being in Smash? Maybe getting him to would be a good place to start

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Just asking, has Michel Ancel ever commented on Rayman being in Smash? Maybe getting him to would be a good place to start

Years ago they asked him a "similar" question. They asked him: "Can we see one day Rayman fighting Mario?"
Ancel responded with an "We'll see that soon".

This question was from 2014.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I was highly excited about both characters announced at E3. Never played DragonQuest but the characters looked fun. Joker was kind of a letdown with me as well as all of the roster announcements since KRool. Ken, just like Richter, could have been done as an alt skin similar to Alph with Olimar. Perhaps that could have open the door for a more unique character to have appeared in the base game like Bomberman for example.

Still Smash Ultimate will go down as one of the best games ever and it is hard to blame the team for anything when they have given us so much fan service. Now get Rayman I'm the game and fix Tails Mii Costume:).

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
Please may this information desert about Rayman be the calm before the storm!
Who's remaining that's more requested?
I know it's already all decided but..

He must get in!

Top Bottom