• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
And that's my problem with the Rayman trophies in Smash.

They work because they adapted them in 3D from the Origins style, but it doesn't work because they look off in some angles for being too "2D oriented".
Which is why Sonic never really should be looked right in the face, at least in SA 1 and 2. They made him work simply by designing his character over the past 10~20 years. Rayman has not seen much light as a 3D platformer, so his 3D model is only there for the oohs and aahs.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I saw 2 Rayman 3Ds yesterday for £8. I used to have it but was too noob to beat the final boss so i stopped playing and eventually sold it along with a few other 3DS games.

I didn't buy it cos i remembered that stupid boss loool. I may rebuy it later but only if i intend to finish it now that im way older but I'll probbaly wait for a Steam release which may take years. I don't buy games just to collect haha.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Stopped getting notifications from this thread.

Let's fix that.
Not that there's much about Rayman lately. The only thing I found out is about Ubisoft's recent image change, specifically the Logo (coughwhichIdon'tlikecough). I wonder if something actually related to Rayman may be announced at this E3 alongside that change.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not that there's much about Rayman lately. The only thing I found out is about Ubisoft's recent image change, specifically the Logo (coughwhichIdon'tlikecough). I wonder if something actually related to Rayman may be announced at this E3 alongside that change.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new logo myself. I like their intention (simplifying the old logo), not so much the execution.

Would have preferred something like Ubisoft Montreal's logo.

AndreaAC

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new logo myself. I like their intention (simplifying the old logo), not so much the execution.

Would have preferred something like Ubisoft Montreal's logo.
:| EXACTLY! I said something similar in another thread when I showed the change. The previous Logo was pretty much recognizeable by itself (I mean, heck, they have had it since 2003), so, making it flat would have been perfect in my opinion instead of making that "similar" shape that looks really lazy in comparison. Also, why putting emphasis in the "O" that "appears" to be on the center of the new logo and the broken one on the logotype, when in the old one the "U" shape can be seen and it's more important because it is the initial letter of the Company's name. :/ But I guess they wanted to make it "from the ground up" because that's what has recently happened with other logos, one that I saw in a video, being the logo of Instagram, that also had depth/shade/ color and the evolved it into a WAY more simplified thing. But, I think Ubi just complicated things and made it look utterly incomplete.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
:| EXACTLY! I said something similar in another thread when I showed the change. The previous Logo was pretty much recognizeable by itself (I mean, heck, they have had it since 2003), so, making it flat would have been perfect in my opinion instead of making that "similar" shape that looks really lazy in comparison. Also, why putting emphasis in the "O" that "appears" to be on the center of the new logo and the broken one on the logotype, when in the old one the "U" shape can be seen and it's more important because it is the initial letter of the Company's name. :/ But I guess they wanted to make it "from the ground up" because that's what has recently happened with other logos, one that I saw in a video, being the logo of Instagram, that also had depth/shade/ color and the evolved it into a WAY more simplified thing. But, I think Ubi just complicated things and made it look utterly incomplete.
It'll probably grow on me to be honest. Not a huge fan of it, but what can you do?

AndreaAC

It'll probably grow on me to be honest. Not a huge fan of it, but what can you do?
:/ Good point there, but I will really miss the old one, I mean, I will keep seeing it even when the whole change is made in my games so...yeah. Well, the logo is kind of something minor, what we should be wonder is what Ubi has on store for this E3, let's hope it's worth it.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Emphasis in the "O"... Rayman has an O in his body.... NEW 3D RAYMAN CONFIRMED!!!! ok.. I stop xD.

I don't like it, I prefer the 2 previous logos (the rainbow one being more nostalgic for me), but well I think I'll get used to it.

Have you seen those Rabbids figures/amiibos?

They seem to be very detailed for being amiibos, and the bases look big, maybe they're placeholders or just being made by Ubisoft (or just fakes xD).

I wish I could talk more about Rayman than the Rabbids, I hope that changes with the E3.

Btw, what do you think about a trilogy Remake of the first 3 Rayman? Something like the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, that would be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Emphasis in the "O"... Rayman has an O in his body.... NEW 3D RAYMAN CONFIRMED!!!! ok.. I stop xD.

I don't like it, I prefer the 2 previous logos (the rainbow one being more nostalgic for me), but well I think I'll get used to it.

They seem to be very detailed for being amiibos, and the bases look big, maybe they're placeholders or just being made by Ubisoft (or just fakes xD).

I wish I could talk more about Rayman than the Rabbids, I hope that changes with the E3.

Btw, what do you think about a trilogy Remake of the first 3 Rayman? Something like the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, that would be awesome
They're pretty neat figurines, I'll give them that.

As for remakes, I think Rayman 2 itself deserves the remake treatment rather than all of the first three games. Since it was a game from the era platformers such as Crash came from. Though I wouldn't be opposed to all three getting remade.

AndreaAC

XD Hahahahaha!...ha...ha... T . T I wish that was the case!

:< Me neither, when I first saw it I thought it was some sort of joke...but nope. Funny that the Support site and UbiBlog still have the old logo while the main site has it applied, I thought the change would have been done simultanously to everything Ubi has (and they even show them side by side), maybe after E3, the new image will invade it all. The rainbow logo despite having played R2 years ago, didn't remembered that much, it wasn't until 2006 that I got R3 that I saw it again, and still found it odd because I have had seen the old swirly logo for a longest time. =3= And yeah, maybe I will too, but in the meantime, I'm gonna laugh, xD Because someone did a 3D printed version of the meme of the Ubi poop logo.

Probably placeholders since they are prototypes. O-O Hm, good point, they look really good (I mean, the best Rabbid figs I have seen are McFarlane's, and some are 1:25 scale and they look FLAWLESS not surprisingly considering his quality in work). One thing for sure, the prototypes sometimes look way better than the mass produced thing, >_> Taking the most hilarious cases with the Smash Amiibos, Merth comes to mind. But there are other intances that the mass produced look just as good, like the Super Mario series amiibos ( Rosalina looks gorgeous).

=3= Yeah, me too, let's hope Rayman gets something worthwhile this E3, if not, well, I'm gonna keep drawing him a lot anyway. xD

.3. I WOULD TAKE IT! O-O Anything so I don't have to play R1 on mobile....And I would prefer it over more Rayman Legends rehashing since we never got the Rayman 4 that seemed to combine the first 3 games in many ways.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Color me impressed. Mario and Rabbids looks so fun, zany, and gorgeous. Music by Grant Kirkhope? Sold.
Ubisoft is taking the project seriously. They also announced an Atlas game and Just Dance game for Switch as well as finally unveiling BG&E 2.
I'm pleasantly surprised. No Rayman unfortunately, but we'll see the port in action tomorrow at the Spotlight. :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Mario + Rabbids RPG looks better than I expected, have to keep my eye on it during E3.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 I'm excited for, but also very worried. The shift in tone and it being a prequel raises a few red flags, it has seems to have a pretty big (but not mandatory) online focus.

I don't mind Rayman taking a bit of a back seat for BG&E. It may have been nearly 4 years since the last Rayman game, but it's been 15 years since the first BG&E.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's the trailer, in case anyone missed it.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I so badly want BGAE2 to come to Switch.

...and Rayman for Smash (see I'm on topic)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I so badly want BGAE2 to come to Switch.

...and Rayman for Smash (see I'm on topic)
There's rumors that not only will BG&E 2 will be on the Switch, but will be a one year exclusive.

Guess it's something we'll have to wait and see.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
There's rumors that not only will BG&E 2 will be on the Switch, but will be a one year exclusive.

Guess it's something we'll have to wait and see.
I've heard those rumors, but honestly even as a Nintendo fan I think that'd be a wasted opportunity for Ubisoft unless Nintendo funded it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've heard those rumors, but honestly even as a Nintendo fan I think that'd be a wasted opportunity for Ubisoft unless Nintendo funded it.
Nintendo probably paid to have it be exclusive for one year. Assuming it's true, of course.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Rayman would be a really great addition to Smash. He's still very popular (and a Rabbids game is coming out soon, too) so i think he has a decent chance of getting into Smash.

Here's the trailer, in case anyone missed it.

Heh, it's pretty funny. Thanks for sharing!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Rayman would be a really great addition to Smash. He's still very popular (and a Rabbids game is coming out soon, too) so i think he has a decent chance of getting into Smash.

Heh, it's pretty funny. Thanks for sharing!
He's not really associated with the Rabbids anymore though, so I don't feel like it helps his chances THAT much of at all.

Nintendo probably paid to have it be exclusive for one year. Assuming it's true, of course.
If it's true I'd assume so, but still from a business perspective, I don't know if that's the smart way to go. PS4 has a massive install base that's kind of lacking content right now, Xbox1 isn't a hard transition development-wise and could only further their profits. This had been a highly anticipated game for quite some time now, I think releasing it exclusively on the Switch even with how rapid it's growth is, and with an extra payday is taking a gamble.

For their sake I'd hope it's a multiplat day 1 for all three major platforms.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The fact that Nintendo and Ubisoft are even doing this collaboration boosts Rayman's chances.

Remember, we got Cloud over any other Squeenix character, and Rayman is by far the most popular Ubisoft choice.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
For all the Rayman fans that expected him to be in Mario Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom Heroes.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario...ds-kingdom-battle-ubisoft-on-raymans-absense/

Ubisoft gone on the record saying the two are now in different universes and he doesn't fit the game's wacky tone.

At least this thankfully helps the idea that Rayman had his own identity since Origins.
I would argue Rayman's world is as much as an open canvas as the Rabbids themselves.

It sucks, but I can't get too mad. He was never promised to be in the game to begin with. And the fact that he was even considered briefly does give me hope that Rayman is still on Ubisoft's minds.

AndreaAC

For all the Rayman fans that expected him to be in Mario Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom Heroes.

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario...ds-kingdom-battle-ubisoft-on-raymans-absense/

Ubisoft gone on the record saying the two are now in different universes and he doesn't fit the game's wacky tone.

At least this thankfully helps the idea that Rayman had his own identity since Origins.
Good. And he had is own identity since the first four ones (that is including Hoodlum's revenge because it takes place after R3 despite looking a bit odd), but in Origins he recovered his independence from them, despite it making little to no sense to have been turned into a game that takes place supposedly after R3 and HR. When it comes to the little buggers, they are ok despite still being Ubi's cashcows, as long as they are not linked to Rayman again.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
This thread seems pretty quiet ATM, so I figure I might as well show this new idea I have for Rayman:

Neutral Air: Scoop Shot

To begin his NAir, Rayman performs a swift uppercut that raises victims upward a bit. The hit is sturdy and doesn't provide as much knockback as Rayman's fists normally dish out, but just as he finishes with this uppercut...

Rayman follows up with a strong jab to punch his target away! He fires off his inactive fist from the first drawing, curving it slightly and extending it a nice distance to blast foes in a slightly downward trajectory. The distance that he launches this fist from coupled with the speed makes this hit reliably strong, and while the knockback is downward-oriented the move is far from a meteor smash due to the slight curve of the shot.

Rayman's NAir is a 2-hit attack that has his uppercut provide the setup for his punch, as it potentially can scoop up foes beneath and in front of him so he can send them flying forward. Since he's attacking with his fists in this case, Rayman's delivering some decent damage and solid knockback--especially in the 2nd shot's case due to his hard-hitting nature; this means that many hits that involve his fists can be reliable for KOs, and while the move is performed quickly, Rayman has a touch of ending lag due to the 2nd strike. The ending lag is common among all his aerials honestly.

End of Concept

Rayman technically doesn't have a Neutral Air equivalent in Origins/Legends, since pressing the attack button while airborne will have him do a variety of attacks (at least 4 AFAIK), so I figure why not make one myself. Since he strings together a bunch of hits in those games I decided to use one and take it in my own direction. The uppercut above is actually what one of those random attacks are; I paused the game and re-drew it, but the 2nd drawing is something I came up with to be an add-on to the attack. So, credit for the 1st drawing goes to Ubisoft; the 2nd drawing and the concept of this NAir comes from me.

Also, since Rayman has a good moveset pool from Origins and Legends, I won't be making a Forward or Up Air; I might make a Back Air and I'll definitely do a Down Air because I'm tired of ground-pounds, and I'll do a Forward and Down Smash.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This thread seems pretty quiet ATM, so I figure I might as well show this new idea I have for Rayman:

Neutral Air: Scoop Shot

To begin his NAir, Rayman performs a swift uppercut that raises victims upward a bit. The hit is sturdy and doesn't provide as much knockback as Rayman's fists normally dish out, but just as he finishes with this uppercut...

Rayman follows up with a strong jab to punch his target away! He fires off his inactive fist from the first drawing, curving it slightly and extending it a nice distance to blast foes in a slightly downward trajectory. The distance that he launches this fist from coupled with the speed makes this hit reliably strong, and while the knockback is downward-oriented the move is far from a meteor smash due to the slight curve of the shot.

Rayman's NAir is a 2-hit attack that has his uppercut provide the setup for his punch, as it potentially can scoop up foes beneath and in front of him so he can send them flying forward. Since he's attacking with his fists in this case, Rayman's delivering some decent damage and solid knockback--especially in the 2nd shot's case due to his hard-hitting nature; this means that many hits that involve his fists can be reliable for KOs, and while the move is performed quickly, Rayman has a touch of ending lag due to the 2nd strike. The ending lag is common among all his aerials honestly.

End of Concept

Rayman technically doesn't have a Neutral Air equivalent in Origins/Legends, since pressing the attack button while airborne will have him do a variety of attacks (at least 4 AFAIK), so I figure why not make one myself. Since he strings together a bunch of hits in those games I decided to use one and take it in my own direction. The uppercut above is actually what one of those random attacks are; I paused the game and re-drew it, but the 2nd drawing is something I came up with to be an add-on to the attack. So, credit for the 1st drawing goes to Ubisoft; the 2nd drawing and the concept of this NAir comes from me.

Also, since Rayman has a good moveset pool from Origins and Legends, I won't be making a Forward or Up Air; I might make a Back Air and I'll definitely do a Down Air because I'm tired of ground-pounds, and I'll do a Forward and Down Smash.
Dude, great artwork! I love the amount of action the poses have.

One of my favorite things about the possibility of Rayman being in Smash is that his entire move set is already written for him. You can easily imagine him the battle.

I wish the thread was a bit more active myself. But both Rayman and Smash Bros news have been very scarce. Hopefully we get some news regarding both soon.

Though, I hear the demo for the Switch version of Rayman Legends should be coming tomorrow. We can look forward to that.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Dude, great artwork! I love the amount of action the poses have.

One of my favorite things about the possibility of Rayman being in Smash is that his entire move set is already written for him. You can easily imagine him the battle.

I wish the thread was a bit more active myself. But both Rayman and Smash Bros news have been very scarce. Hopefully we get some news regarding both soon.

Though, I hear the demo for the Switch version of Rayman Legends should be coming tomorrow. We can look forward to that.
Thanks. It's so crazy how well his Origins/Legends moveset can be put right into Smash without much trouble. I think those 2 games alone made me start seeing Rayman's potential as a brawler and realistically I see those 2 games providing a lot of standard attacks for him. There's not really much needed to cook up a moveset since the work's been mostly done, and TBH that's actually a relief for me because it makes things much easier. I'm not surprised about the lack of activity though since summer's usually a slow time for games and we probably won't hear about Smash for a while, but maybe when Mario + Rabbids comes out this thread will have more activity.

I actually forgot all about Legends on the Switch, so hearing about the demo is a good surprise actually. I hope this version is worth it, and that reminds me: Since Mario's getting a game with the Rabbids, I think it'd be great to have Rayman get a game with DK. It'd make so much sense--Mario is the daughter franchise of Donkey Kong and the Rabbids are the same for Rayman; having the 2 mother franchises team up in light of the daughter franchises would be pretty dope IMO.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Thanks. It's so crazy how well his Origins/Legends moveset can be put right into Smash without much trouble. I think those 2 games alone made me start seeing Rayman's potential as a brawler and realistically I see those 2 games providing a lot of standard attacks for him. There's not really much needed to cook up a moveset since the work's been mostly done, and TBH that's actually a relief for me because it makes things much easier. I'm not surprised about the lack of activity though since summer's usually a slow time for games and we probably won't hear about Smash for a while, but maybe when Mario + Rabbids comes out this thread will have more activity.

I actually forgot all about Legends on the Switch, so hearing about the demo is a good surprise actually. I hope this version is worth it, and that reminds me: Since Mario's getting a game with the Rabbids, I think it'd be great to have Rayman get a game with DK. It'd make so much sense--Mario is the daughter franchise of Donkey Kong and the Rabbids are the same for Rayman; having the 2 mother franchises team up in light of the daughter franchises would be pretty dope IMO.
Donkey Kong would fit very well in the Origins/Legends artstyle.

Like, almost too well.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Apologies for the double post, but the demo for the Switch version of Rayman Legends is now live.

It plays like a dream.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Apologies for the double post, but the demo for the Switch version of Rayman Legends is now live.

It plays like a dream.
Great, I'm going to try it out.

Legends still is a great game and I would do anything to support it and Rayman's future. Barbara is my favorite character in that game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Advanced EDIT: The images aren't displaying properly. Just quote the post to see them.

Another quiet time for the thread...so I'm gonna show an idea if that's fine with y'all:

Down Smash: Split Punch

Rayman charges his attack by squatting and raises his clenched fists. As he does so, his feet lift from the heels and his torso stays slightly above the ground, with his fists and feet shaking the more the attack’s charged. It’s clear what comes next, and when Rayman’s ready to release it…

SssshhhROOOMFFf!!

Rayman unleashes a mean split that has him fire his feet along the ground! His sneakers skid outward as his torso plops onto the floor; the friction of his feet push violently along their trajectory, and foes who are hit by them trip toward the limbless wonder, particularly to his still-clenched fists. They don’t have time to react after being knocked inward, because in the SPLIT-second after Rayman launches his feet…

VvrrrROOOMMMF!!!!

He follows up by shooting his fists outward, blasting them further than his feet were and knocking away anything they touch! As his fists fly out his feet swerve back to him to avoid collision and shortly after the attack will end. This Smash is essentially a Double Split, performed first with his feet and then with his fists. As the feet fly outward, enemies are kicked by them and fall toward his fists, which immediately shoot outward to knock them back considerably. This means that the move can hit more than once if you’re unlucky, as the feet are merely a setup to prevent your escape from the follow up shot thanks to their hitstun. The splits are the 2 main things to worry about, but the transitions between them are also worth concern, because as Rayman performs the 1st split, his fists swing downward forcefully enough to disrupt you if you’ve avoided the feet…but were too close to the hands. The fists won’t do any damage at that point in the attack, but it won’t matter because you’re about to be launched by those same fists in a handful of miliseconds, making this a cold comfort. The same is true for his feet as they’re returning; if you’ve managed to avoid the feet during the 1st split but are still very close to them, when they swerve back to Rayman they can disrupt you, allowing the 2nd split to still do harm. The transitions cause no damage but their diabolical purpose is not to be dismissed.

The splits in general have different properties. When Rayman attacks with his feet, the flat surfaces of which are generally good for hitstun and decent damage, but his fists specialize much more in damage and knockback, so his 2 splits follow that ruleset. Charging the Down Smash affects the strength of Rayman’s feet more than his hands, which makes this Smash overall the weakest of Rayman’s because it’s focusing more on his lower bodyparts rather than his destructive fists. Also, this is his only Smash that doesn’t have him winding up his punch, so the damage and knockback potential is restricted compared to Forward and Up, but that doesn’t mean this move has no killing power–it does–but much less than his other fully charged options. This Smash Attack is merely strong, while the other 2 are absolutely deadly.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Advanced EDIT: The images aren't displaying properly. Just quote the post to see them.

Another quiet time for the thread...so I'm gonna show an idea if that's fine with y'all:

Down Smash: Split Punch

Rayman charges his attack by squatting and raises his clenched fists. As he does so, his feet lift from the heels and his torso stays slightly above the ground, with his fists and feet shaking the more the attack’s charged. It’s clear what comes next, and when Rayman’s ready to release it…

SssshhhROOOMFFf!!

Rayman unleashes a mean split that has him fire his feet along the ground! His sneakers skid outward as his torso plops onto the floor; the friction of his feet push violently along their trajectory, and foes who are hit by them trip toward the limbless wonder, particularly to his still-clenched fists. They don’t have time to react after being knocked inward, because in the SPLIT-second after Rayman launches his feet…

VvrrrROOOMMMF!!!!

He follows up by shooting his fists outward, blasting them further than his feet were and knocking away anything they touch! As his fists fly out his feet swerve back to him to avoid collision and shortly after the attack will end. This Smash is essentially a Double Split, performed first with his feet and then with his fists. As the feet fly outward, enemies are kicked by them and fall toward his fists, which immediately shoot outward to knock them back considerably. This means that the move can hit more than once if you’re unlucky, as the feet are merely a setup to prevent your escape from the follow up shot thanks to their hitstun. The splits are the 2 main things to worry about, but the transitions between them are also worth concern, because as Rayman performs the 1st split, his fists swing downward forcefully enough to disrupt you if you’ve avoided the feet…but were too close to the hands. The fists won’t do any damage at that point in the attack, but it won’t matter because you’re about to be launched by those same fists in a handful of miliseconds, making this a cold comfort. The same is true for his feet as they’re returning; if you’ve managed to avoid the feet during the 1st split but are still very close to them, when they swerve back to Rayman they can disrupt you, allowing the 2nd split to still do harm. The transitions cause no damage but their diabolical purpose is not to be dismissed.

The splits in general have different properties. When Rayman attacks with his feet, the flat surfaces of which are generally good for hitstun and decent damage, but his fists specialize much more in damage and knockback, so his 2 splits follow that ruleset. Charging the Down Smash affects the strength of Rayman’s feet more than his hands, which makes this Smash overall the weakest of Rayman’s because it’s focusing more on his lower bodyparts rather than his destructive fists. Also, this is his only Smash that doesn’t have him winding up his punch, so the damage and knockback potential is restricted compared to Forward and Up, but that doesn’t mean this move has no killing power–it does–but much less than his other fully charged options. This Smash Attack is merely strong, while the other 2 are absolutely deadly.
Images are broken, yet I can see them while I'm responding to this post.

Odd.

Anyway, you're drawings are still has great as ever, and I really like your ideas here. I really love the idea of Rayman being primarily a fighter with melee attacks, but his lack of limbs give him more range. It could lead to a very unique and fun playstyle.

Top Bottom