• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I can't say now, because they don't show the results, but when I looked at the time, Rayman was slightly below Crash, Sora & Doomguy (he had the most votes at 32).

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm going to defend Rayman's case for Smash given this information:

It's Sakurai's word that matters in the end. It's not a mystery to anyone in this thread that Ubisoft treats their once-mascot poorly nowadays, but if Sakurai wants Rayman from Ubisoft, they'll have to say yes, they can't really argue or push a different character. We have Banjo, Megaman, Simon and Snake in Smash, who are all from poorly treated franchises, but Sakurai specifically asked for and were all given to him. If Sakurai walks up to Ubisoft for a character, I guarantee you it'll be for Rayman, as he must be well aware of his popularity, and if Ubisoft doesn't comply then he won't go for it. Ubisoft would be foolish to turn the opportunity down regardless of the character Sakurai wants anyway.

In conclusion, Ubisofts negligence towards Rayman's character doesn't lower his chances in any way.

Edit: Besides, it's too early to judge the show based on a single piece of concept art. I'll wait for more information before I grow concerned. At the very least we should be somewhat glad that the series is coming back in some way.

Last edited:

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
While I have my doubts on that show, in the article, there's been only said that
it was "inspired by the popular Rayman franchise", not that it's not at all about him.
Let's try to look at the bright side and hope.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Rayman and Tetris are finally allowed to be in the same game! Albeit as spirits, everything has to start somewhere, I guess. Even if more Tetris content will take forever, when Henk Rogers is involved.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, fellas, I'm legitimately upset that the newcomer speculation thread will discuss Ezio 20 times and Rabbids 5 times before even mentioning Rayman once.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, fellas, I'm legitimately upset that the newcomer speculation thread will discuss Ezio 20 times and Rabbids 5 times before even mentioning Rayman once.
They obviously don’t want to put the time to talk about him because of the whole “Spirit’s Deconfirm blah blah blah” (than again Rabbids are Spirits aswell since they’re 3 Rabbid Spirits while Rayman has one, seems to be a hypocritical thing to suggest that 1-Spirit is a complete deconfirmation but 3-Spirits is passable)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
They obviously don’t want to put the time to talk about him because of the whole “Spirit’s Deconfirm blah blah blah” (than again Rabbids are Spirits aswell since they’re 3 Rabbid Spirits while Rayman has one, seems to be a hypocritical thing to suggest that 1-Spirit is a complete deconfirmation but 3-Spirits is passable)
Well, pure Rabbids don't have spirits, just the Mario Rabbids characters. However, some will still argue things like Rex and Geno being locks post-pass though.

I don't really care who people support though, you're allowed to like Ezio over Rayman, it just upsets me to think that Rayman's become a joke-tier character to a lot of people.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Well, pure Rabbids don't have spirits, just the Mario Rabbids characters. However, some will still argue things like Rex and Geno being locks post-pass though.

I don't really care who people support though, you're allowed to like Ezio over Rayman, it just upsets me to think that Rayman's become a joke-tier character to a lot of people.
So was Banjo & Kazooie for the longest time being on Rayman’s level when everyone was talking about Minecraft Steve and things unraveled to being that everyone has now reversed the opinion from Minecraft Steve being the joke character for Ultimate.

Also It honestly doesn’t matter how you differentiate between Normal Rabbids or Mario Rabbids, they’re at the end of the Day just Rabbids and they are the exact same thing. Plus Rabbids are born from Rayman and the likelihood of them getting in is in enthatic 10% since Every pioneer 3rd-Party Character (Sonic/SEGA, Mega Man/Capcom, Pac-Man/Namco, Banjo & Kazooie/Microsoft) has been the most important selected pick while the other side characters that are popular remain as background characters like Zero, Tails, Ms. Pac-Man, Shadow, Proto Man, Alucard, etc.

One other thing, Assassins Creed is not that popular in EAST since only 3-Games where ever released in Japan like Liberation (PSP), Bloodline (PS Vita) & Odyssey (Switch). So the likelihood of a Playable Assassins Creed character is as likely as a Mortal Kombat character being playable which is to say 3% likely to happen for Ultimate

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Also It honestly doesn’t matter how you differentiate between Normal Rabbids or Mario Rabbids, they’re at the end of the Day just Rabbids and they are the exact same thing. Plus Rabbids are born from Rayman and the likelihood of them getting in is in enthatic 10%
Devil's advocate, but Persona spawned from Shin Megami Tensei and only Persona is represented in Smash. I wouldn't call this an argument against the Rabbids.

Like, you're not wrong in Rayman realistically having the best chances of the three characters, my complaint was the Smash community's perspective on Limbless Ray, not his true chances.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Devil's advocate, but Persona spawned from Shin Megami Tensei and only Persona is represented in Smash. I wouldn't call this an argument against the Rabbids.

Like, you're not wrong in Rayman realistically having the best chances of the three characters, my complaint was the Smash community's perspective on Limbless Ray, not his true chances.
To be fair Persona did have the Shin Megami Tensei atmosphere in it, likewise with Rabbid games having the aura and world of Rayman atmosphere so really it’s honestly like how you get the idea of how Sakurai prefers the foundation of the World of those Games

The Smash Community are not Really Ubisoft Fans since they don’t have that big of an attention span of the History of Ubisoft Art that Rayman laid the foundation of what Games we would have years later.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Sup ya'll! Count me in as a Rayman supporter. :kirby: Seriously tho, why isn't our limbless boy not in Smash yet? :confused: Yves should check with Miyamoto to see if he can put in the word on his behalf so Sakurai can put our boy in the roster (SPIRIT UPGRADE-O!!!!).

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Sup ya'll! Count me in as a Rayman supporter. :kirby: Seriously tho, why isn't our limbless boy not in Smash yet? :confused: Yves should check with Miyamoto to see if he can put in the word on his behalf so Sakurai can put our boy in the roster (SPIRIT UPGRADE-O!!!!).
Agree-O

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
For some reason I wasn't getting anymore notifications for this thread, so I'm just going to post something here real quick.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hey fellow dreamers, how is it going? So 4chan leak number 4754785214536789541 appeared and showed a pic of Rayman, does anyone know where this render comes from? I like how he looks here:
1573342996129.jpg

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
interesting, reading the thread a bit, they found a render similar to it from Rayman 3, but doesn't quite line up with the original render.

(The one they provided was actually a paintover, so i dug a little deeper for a more official one. best i could find was from a youtube video showing renders.)
. 1573403225732.png 1573402097739.png

the notable differences are the ears/hair, and lack of teeth in the render. the nose is also slightly smaller, and the hood is further down. all of these could be edited in if given enough time.

while this could very easily be fake, i notice the render pose would actually be perfect for solving the potential Amiibo issue he'd have by putting his hands on his hips for his Smash render, causing alot less supports needed on his base. a somewhat clever workaround.

I'm still heavily skeptical about this one, but it's always good to see him be talked about.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
interesting, reading the thread a bit, they found a render similar to it from Rayman 3, but doesn't quite line up with the original render.

(The one they provided was actually a paintover, so i dug a little deeper for a more official one. best i could find was from a youtube video showing renders.)
.View attachment 246055View attachment 246050

the notable differences are the ears/hair, and lack of teeth in the render. the nose is also slightly smaller, and the hood is further down. all of these could be edited in if given enough time.

while this could very easily be fake, i notice the render pose would actually be perfect for solving the potential Amiibo issue he'd have by putting his hands on his hips for his Smash render, causing alot less supports needed on his base. a somewhat clever workaround.

I'm still heavily skeptical about this one, but it's always good to see him be talked about.
It’s a shame there is no poll option on this chatboard but the hell with it. So to everyone that is here to help with investigating this image, I want to ask for you guys to find some more information regarding the image that we’re seeing. Would you be interested respond to simply Yay or Nay

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I missed the crappy blurry cropped image kind of leak.

Honestly with all the convincing leaks we've been having these last couple of days, watch this one be the one that ends up being true lol

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
It'd be a major shot in the arm for this thread, that's for sure.
The leak as a whole looks bogus in my eyes, but I like the touched-up R3 pose. Wonder what artist is behind it, provided it's fake.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It'd be a major shot in the arm for this thread, that's for sure.
The leak as a whole looks bogus in my eyes, but I like the touched-up R3 pose. Wonder what artist is behind it, provided it's fake.
Yeah my first reaction to this was "have we not suffered enough to you?" but on the contrary I'm happy Rayman gets noticed for something.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I caught wind of an update on that upcoming show on Twitter. And it does take place in Ray's universe but...

...Can they just say whether Rayman & co. will be the stars or not already?! Or if it'll be, like, an Incrediballs lovefest so I don't have to bother watching?
:glare: Good Grief.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Welp, I caught wind of an update on that upcoming show on Twitter. And it does take place in Ray's universe but...

...Can they just say whether Rayman & co. will be the stars or not already?! Or if it'll be, like, an Incrediballs lovefest so I don't have to bother watching?
I'll probably watch it anyway even if Rayman does not play a major role (they'll have to put him in some form anyway) just as long as it maintains the comical charm of Origins and Legends. I also just really like French animation.

Obviously that's not to say that I wouldn't prefer Rayman being the starring role.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yeah, I figured it'd be lip service. Ask Ubi for the simplest thing, and you get:

3bzjyw.jpg

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Any updates on that 4chan "leak"? Anyone know if it's been definitively debunked yet?
So far no but it makes me so angry that there is no way to confirm or debunk it since I am literally hanging on to every hope I have left for him

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice

I was shown this. Don't know if the person who posted this tweet is the owner of the art though.
It looks like a recreation of the original image. The stock icons have a bit too much detail and the original screenshot seems to have them facing more forward.

I really like the way he looks here though. As cool as the fake artsyomni leak was, he doesn't look as plucky as he's supposed to. Same for the Sm4sh trophy too.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
That image is indeed a recreation. I always had a hunch the stock icons didn't quite line up, even if I'm unswayed on the leak itself being true.
And I agree, he looks really good in that. The Artsy Omni "render" takes a little too much from the flat-headed SSB4 trophy, & looks too.... dopey-looking imo. Rayman's various looks are nonsensical & cartoonish by default, but outside the Ubiart duology, the cartoonishness was nuanced, maintained that aforementioned sense of "pluck" & just plain looked better in 3D.

On that note, I'm curious. It's no secret that Ray has a solid, iconic design, but if you could add on anything to it that you think could enhance it further or endear him more to others, what would that be?

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
I was always partial to the bandana. The hoodie is alright, but I just feel like the bandana gives him more character. Feels a little more like an adventurer.

Top Bottom