• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm glad there's something new, I just wish they'd stop pushing Ray (& Pac-Man) further into mobile purgatory. An eshop release at the least would be appreciated.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I wanna wax about a new Rayman kart racer. Anybody else wanna wax about a new Rayman kart racer?
Rayman is one of those franchises that could have a successful kart racer I think. Rayman Kart was hard to access and a mobile game, which back in the day was rare. If a new Rayman Kart was made it obviously have to be for consoles.

I'm not going to talk about gameplay because my favorite racing game (Crash Team Racing/ Nitro Fueled) are really hard to top in that aspect, so I will just focus on content. Celebrate all of Rayman!

The default roster of characters would be close to the mobile game plus additions from Origins and Legends:
  • Rayman
  • Globox
  • King Teensie
  • Razorbeard
  • Hoodlum
  • Rabbid
  • Barbara
  • The Magician
As for unlocks, I would round it up to probably 25, so let's see:
  • Polokus/Bubble Dreamer
  • Murphy
  • Serguei
  • Henchman 800
  • Ly
  • Mr. Dark
  • Betilla
  • Clark
  • Reflux
  • Razoff
  • Henchman 1000
  • Tily
  • Razorwife
  • Dark Globox
  • The Guardians (Rayman 2. They have skins)
  • Armored Toad
And finally:
  • Tonic Trouble's Ed
Race tracks: I will just name one idea per game:
  • Rayman 1: Band Land is a no-brainer
  • Rayman 2: The Prison Ship would be badass
  • Rayman 3: Bogs of Murk + Razoff's Mansion. Alternatively: Desert of the Knaaren. So much potential in this one.
  • Raving Rabbids: Rabbid's Colosseum (modified into a racetrack)
  • Rabbids Go Home: Rabbid Junkyard, representing the rabbids with a single game would not be enough for them.
  • Rayman Origins: Gourmand Land
  • Rayman Legends: 20,000 Lums Under The Sea
  • Tonic Trouble: Vegetables HQ
MAN. I sure went full passionate for a minute there.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nice to see some activity in here for once.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
He's gonna be in, I can feel it.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Hell, I'd even settle for a UbiKart at this point, as long as they slapped Rayman on the cover front and center.
Hey as long as we have Generic Car from The Crew, I'm all game!

Seriously though, it would still probably focus primarily on Rayman, without a doubt. Rayman can make tons of racetracks while other Ubi games probably don't have that much variety, except probably Beyond Good & Evil.

If I were to expand my earlier roster to include more Ubisoft characters:
  • Ezio
  • Jade
  • Pey'j
  • Sam Fisher
  • B.U.D.
  • Aurora the Child of Light
  • Prince of Persia
  • Vaas
  • Just Dancer (Unfortunately I can only think of The Emoji Movie scene)
  • Tribesman (From Dust)
  • Aiden Pierce
  • Fox McCloud (Nintendo exclusive)
  • Rabbid Peach (Nintendo exclusive)
  • Rabbid Kong (Nintendo exclusive)
I am admittedly not very experienced on some of these so I will not debate them as much, but if anyone else wants to throw their 2 cents, go right ahead!

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
^Me like! If this was real, I could guarantee you some'll say "Sonic & Sega All-Stars ripoff!", but whatevs.

Gameplay-wise, this would probably need a little something that can't be found in Mario Kart, CTR, DKR, or Sonic & Sega All-Stars. I'm thinking that little something could be hopping on to different creatures from the series throughout a race. Each creature has its own quirks, & have a dedicated short-cut in each track that the others can't reach.

Needless to say, my use of the term "kart racer" isn't entirely accurate...

I should point out that the idea was spurred from Donkey Kong Racing, a tragic casualty of the whole Rare-Microsoft buyout. I just figured that the idea had to be used somewhere. It'd be a terrible thing to waste, wouldn't ya say?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
^Me like! If this was real, I could guarantee you some'll say "Sonic & Sega All-Stars ripoff!", but whatevs.

Gameplay-wise, this would probably need a little something that can't be found in Mario Kart, CTR, DKR, or Sonic & Sega All-Stars. I'm thinking that little something could be hopping on to different creatures from the series throughout a race. Each creature has its own quirks, & have a dedicated short-cut in each track that the others can't reach.

Needless to say, my use of the term "kart racer" isn't entirely accurate...

I should point out that the idea was spurred from Donkey Kong Racing, a tragic casualty of the whole Rare-Microsoft buyout. I just figured that the idea had to be used somewhere. It'd be a terrible thing to waste, wouldn't ya say?
Actually, that idea you just mentioned was utilized in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast! (But no one remembers that, I love that game). Where there are barrels that will launch you into different things to ride, including Minecarts, Rambi and Enguarde. Not to say it's a bad take for inspiration though.

Edit: Sonic Riders Zero Gravity used the idea too, upon further thinking. Another great game.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Alright, there's something I realised which I haven't seen anyone else mention that could slightly increase Rayman's chances.

I think we all know the biggest point against Ray is his status in Japan, right? With him suprisingly obscure over there.

Now remember how during the Banjo presentation he went over the entire history of that franchise? Some people may have seen that as unnecessary padding but I believe that was specifically aimed at Japanese viewers who are way less familiar with the series. The fact that Sakurai went far less in depth when he talked about DQ during the Hero presentation and specifically noted the Banjo GBA games never being released in Japan support this.

Makes me think he could do the same for the Rayman series for all the Japanese fans that would be confused at his inclusion. Food for thought.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Heads up! It seems there's a Reanimated collab for Rayman coming soon!

Alright, there's something I realised which I haven't seen anyone else mention that could slightly increase Rayman's chances.

I think we all know the biggest point against Ray is his status in Japan, right? With him suprisingly obscure over there.

Now remember how during the Banjo presentation he went over the entire history of that franchise? Some people may have seen that as unnecessary padding but I believe that was specifically aimed at Japanese viewers who are way less familiar with the series. The fact that Sakurai went far less in depth when he talked about DQ during the Hero presentation and specifically noted the Banjo GBA games never being released in Japan support this.

Makes me think he could do the same for the Rayman series for all the Japanese fans that would be confused at his inclusion. Food for thought.
I mean, it makes sense, seeing as BK is pretty small, whereas Hero's video would have been at least 15 minutes longer from how huge the amount of games is if Sak waxed lyrical about that franchise like fans assumed he would.

Luckily he doesn't bring up ports much either, Rayman 2 has a laundry list of those.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hello all! I'm just gonna leave this here...
Rayman Moveset

Overview: Rayman doesn’t pack too much of a punch (pun intended), but has a great zoning game with all of the range on his moves and has excellent recovery options between a very reliable up special and a ranged grab. Rayman is quick and agile fighter with some reliable combos and is great in the air, but is a lightweight (around Sonic’s weight). Because Rayman is so light and doesn’t deal that much damage and is reliant on combos and zoning, a lot of his moves have little to no start up delay or end lag. I’ve included 2 movesets because...I wanted to. You’ll notice that there are a lot of similar moves in each moveset. The second moveset, however, revolves almost entirely around punches and enhancing those punches with power ups from Rayman 3.

Some movesets I used for research:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/..._source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76816198

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77180545

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Rayman does his grimace.

Side Taunt: Rayman does his victory dance from Rayman legends with lights flashing around him.

Down Taunt: Rayman thrusts his torso forward and dribbles it with his hands between his feet before it returns to its proper place.

Victory Pose 1: Rayman sticks one hand out making the “peace sign”.

Victory Pose 2: Rayman comes riding in on Moskito and falls off and laughs while sitting on the ground and Moskito hovers next to him.

Victory Pose 3: Rayman jumps on his head and spins around with his hands and feet sprawled out.

Loss Pose: Juggles head with hands like he’s going to drop it while head has a worried expression.

Potential other Taunt or Victory or Loss Pose: Rabbids come in and steal all of Rayman’s limbs and his Torso leaving only Rayman’s head while Rayman frowns and gets shot in the head with a plunger gun by rabbids standing on either side of him.

Potential other Taunt or Victory or Loss Pose: Drops a plum on his head getting his whole body stuck so only his head is showing which is covered in juice. Rayman blinks and looks distressed.

Taglines:

Rayman Gets Limber!

Rayman Hands it to ‘Em!

Entrance: A pile of Rayman’s body parts lays on the ground and begins to assemble itself. At the end of the animation and before going into idle stance, Rayman has to switch one of his misplaced hands with one of his misplaced feet.

Emblem: Rabbid, Plum, Lum, Moskito or Rayman’s head

Palette Swap Options:

1. Sir Rayelot
  2. Raymolk
  3. Funky Ray
  4. Splinter Ray
  5. Assassin Ray
  6. Ray of Persia
  7. Raybox
  8. Champion Ray
  9. Vortex alt
  10. Lockjaw alt
  11. Heavy Metal alt
  12. Throttle Copter alt
  13. Shock Rocket alt
  14. Raymesis
  15. Dark Ray (Black)

Reveal Video:

Dharkon controlled Mario and Sonic are attacking Ice Climbers. Ice Climbers fed off attacks with their hammers. Mario and Sonic stand on either side spinning their fists winding up for a punch while Ice Climbers back up towards each other to stand back to back and look tired with beads of sweat as they do so. Before they can stand back to back, both Ice Climbers bump into something that appears to be a large eggplant and jump in surprise. Two indiscernible objects quickly fly underneath of the surprised Ice Climbers. A shoe strikes Sonic in the gut then another strikes Mario in the face. The eggplant turns and Rayman raises his head and sticks his hands out as his feet return to him. Rayman high fives both Ice Climbers at the same time and then his splash screen appears with the tagline “Rayman Hands it to ‘Em!” and some gameplay footage ensues.

Stage: Music Land

Moveset 1

1, 2, 3 Jab: Rayman does a 1, 2 punch one with each hand then shoots “magic fists” from Rayman 2 out of both fists straight forward.

Rapid Jab: Rayman rapidly punches forward one hand after the other.

Dash Attack: Rayman dives forward along the ground with hands outstretched hitting opponents earlier in the animation does slightly more damage and has slightly more knockback but overall it’s a pretty strong dash attack.

Get up Attack: Rayman puts his hands on the ground while his torso and head “stand up” and he kicks forward with his feet dealing low damage with little knockback.

Ledge Attack: Rayman throws his feet one at a time, his torso, his head, his hand, and then his hand he was holding on with up over the ledge damaging opponents hit with each body part as they’re tossed up. This animation is very quick but if Rayman is attacked while it is taking place, the animation ends and he’s immediately assembled in whatever direction he’s traveling in.

Tilt Attacks:

Up Tilt: Rayman sticks both hands straight up with fingers outstretched damaging opponents with little damage and knockback allowing for juggling and combos. No start up delay or end lag.

Forward Tilt: Rayman acts like he’s putting his hands on his “hips” then thrusts his torso forwards dealing good damage with a little knockback. This move has a tiny bit of start up delay and end lag.

Down Tilt: Rayman holds his hands out at his sides and spins once in place. Damage opponents with his hands as he spins. This does good damage with good knockback and is very quick with no end lag or start up delay.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Rayaman throws a giant heavy metal fist straight up dealing great damage and sending opponents far. Not much start up delay or end lag for a smash attack.

Forward Smash: Rayman shoots a shock rocket fist straight in front of him that travels to about the range that the Lloyd rocket starts to lose steam. This explodes on contact with enemies or crates/certain items dealing heavy damage or explodes when it reaches max distance and can’t be destroyed by opponents. This attack does a lot of damage and has good launching power but has some start up delay and end lag. Rayman can move and attack while the rocket is traveling.

Down Smash: Rayman holds his hands at either side above his head and swings them down. Like Mr. Game & Watch’s down smash attack. Does less damage than Rayman’s other attacks and doesn’t have much launching power but does have a small chance to plant enemies hit in the sweet spot and can hit opponents hanging onto the ledge. Doesn’t have any start up delay or end lag.

Aerials:

Up Air: Similar to Megaman’s up air using the vortex power up, Rayman shoots a vortex above him hitting opponents damages them multiple times and pushes them far upwards. This has good KO potential on lighter characters and can KO heavies at high percentages.

Down Air: Rayman kicks downwards once with each foot one after the other. The second kick has a meteor effect. This has good damage and knockback.

Forward Air: Rayman kicks forward in the air with a large shoe. This has great launching power and does good damage.

Back Air: Rayman performs a backwards roll in the air while holding his hands and feet out. This move has a great hitbox but does little damage with little knockback making it good for combos and can even combo into itself at lower percentages.

Neutral Air: Rayman spins his head, hands, and feet in a circle around his torso twice before they return to their proper position. Dealing a little damage and hitting multiple times with no knockback allowing opponents to get trapped in this move. This move is good for comboing.

Grabs/Throws:

Grabs: Rayman has a ranged grab using the lockjaw power up. Rayman quickly shoots out the lockjaw chain to grab opponents (or ledges). Pressing the attack button causes the opponent to be shocked by electricity that travels through the chain. Using grab in the air deals damage hitting multiple times like Samus’ grab.

Up Throw: Rayman pushes the opponent far upwards with the lockjaw power up and shocks them dealing good damage with little knockback when Rayman lets go.

Down Throw: Rayman lifts then smashes the opponent into the ground causing the opponent to take damage and bounce up and back towards Rayman a little. Good for combos.

Forward Throw: Rayman spins his other fist winding up for a punch while shocking the opponent with the other hand’s lockjaw power up then punches the opponent with the fist that was spinning dealing good damage and launching opponents forward. This move can KO at high percentages sometimes.

Back Throw: Rayman turns and throws the opponent far behind him and downwards causing the opponent to roll along the ground if they hit the ground or spin through the air if Rayman throws them off the stage. This move has good KO potential at higher percentages when the opponent is thrown off stage.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Rayman charges a punch by spinning one of his fists. The longer B is held, the farther the fist travels, the more damage it deals, and the bigger the fist is (therefore bigger hitbox). This move can be angled while charging and you can move while charging. You can cancel the charge by shielding. This is one of Rayman’s more reliable KO tools at higher charges, but you cannot store the charge like you can with Samus or Mewtwo’s neutral special attack. This attack animation reflects the blue fist from Rayman Origins/Legends and turns red with lightning at full charge. This move can travel all the way across the biggest maps very quickly and Rayman can keep moving and attacking while it travels.

Side Special: Rayman pulls out his plunger gun and fires a plunger straight forward which has range a little longer than Ivysaur’s razor leaf. The plunger deals moderate damage and briefly stuns opponents if they are hit in the face. The projectile, however, is rather slow and the move has undesirable end lag.

Up Special: Rayman dons the throttle copter power up and flies up. The player has a lot of control over the flight path while going up. Opponents can be damaged by the propeller (like K Rool’s in that sense). This can be used to get back to any stage from the furthest reaches of the blast zones but can be interrupted by taking damage. Can use air dodge or grab while using this move once before grabbing ledge or landing.

Down Special: Rayman does a ground pound by jumping up and flipping 180 degrees to have his upper body be facing straight down and holding out one fist then flies downwards damaging opponents both with the jump and the downwards charge as well as a small shockwave around where Rayman lands. This move has a little start up delay and end lag but not as much as other similar moves like Yoshi’s down special attack. This move does a lot of damage compared to most of Rayman’s other moves and has great launching power and the initial jump can also be used to add onto Rayman’s recovery just be careful as not reaching the edge will cause Rayman to plummet and lose a stock.

Second Moveset for Rayman:

1, 2, 3 Jab: Punches with one hand, then the other, then switches back to the first hand punching with a big fist.

Rapid Jab: Rayman rapidly punches forward one hand after the other.

Dash: Rayman slides forward along the ground with one foot forward and punches forward alternating hands while sliding.

Get up Attack: Rayman jumps up and punches out to either side.

Ledge Attack: Rayman reaches up and punches forward once with good range for a ledge attack.

Tilt Attacks:

Up Tilt: Rayman sticks both hands straight up with fingers outstretched damaging opponents with little damage and knockback allowing for juggling and combos. No start up delay or end lag.

Forward Tilt: Rayman punches forward with a large blue fist. This is a strong attack with good knockback.

Down Tilt: Rayman holds his hands out at his sides and spins once in place. Damage opponents with his hands as he spins. This does good damage with good knockback and is very quick with no end lag or start up delay.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Rayman look up while this move is charging. Rayman punches straight up with a large fist. This does good damage with good launching power and no start up delay and little end lag.

Forward Smash: Rayman spins one fist in a circle winding up for a punch while charging this move. Rayman punches forward with a large fist dealing good damage with excellent launching power.

Rayman holds his hands at either side above his head and swings them down. Like Mr. Game & Watch’s down smash attack. Does less damage than Rayman’s other attacks and doesn’t have much launching power but does have a small chance to plant enemies hit in the sweet spot and can hit opponents hanging onto the ledge. Doesn’t have any start up delay or end lag.

Aerials:

Up Air: Rayman throws both fists up above him. This moves deals little damage and knockback but can be used for combos and juggling.

Down Air: Rayman throws both fists down below him. This move has good damage and knockback.

Forward Air: Rayman throws a big fist forward similar to forward tilt but bigger and not blue. This has good KO potential and does good damage.

Back Air: Rayman swings both fists back behind him with an arching hitbox. This does little damage but has decent knockback.

Neutral Air: Rayman swings both fists in a circle around him dealing little damage with little knockback making it good for combos.

Grabs/Throws:

Grabs: Rayman’s grab is still ranged in this moveset but just involves him throwing one hand out to grab opponents. Pressing the attack button while grabbing an opponent causes Rayman to flick the opponent with his other hand. Rayman can still use this for recovery like other ranged grabs.

Up Throw: Rayman uppercuts the opponent with his other hand sending the opponent upwards and forwards dealing good damage and a little knockback.

Down Throw: Rayman slams the opponent down with his other fist briefly planting them in the ground. Deals low damage.

Forward Throw: Rayman punches the opponent forward with his other fist dealing good damage and decent knockback.

Back Throw: Rayman’s other hand moves behind the opponent and punches them towards Rayman. The opponent ends up on the other side of Rayman. This throw deals little damage but sets up for combos.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: This move is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, but doesn’t really change Rayman’s stats per se just adds effects to his punches according to the power ups in Rayman 3. Hold B to select a power up which you get for a certain amount of time (longer than Shulk’s arts) before it goes on cooldown for a brief period. Also, changes the appearance of Rayman’s fists to reflect the power up being used. Only one power up can be used at a time.

Vortex (green): Rayman’s punches gain an effect like Megaman’s up air attack with a low damage but multi hit vortex that pushes opponents far and can push them into the blast zones at higher percentages.

Heavy Metal (red): Rayman’s punches become more powerful and have more launch power but are slower with more end lag and a little more start up delay.

Shock Rocket (orange): Punches deal more damage with more launching power, but can also hurt Rayman and have less range.

Lockjaw (blue): Punches become command grabs like in the first moveset with the ability to shock opponents grabbed but have start up delay and end lag.

Throttle Copter (yellow): This is the only power up that has no effect on Rayman’s punches. Instead, Rayman gains the throttle copter and can hover like Peach/Daisy, but unlike Peach/Daisy, Rayman can actually also move up and down and attack freely while hovering. If Rayman lands, he can hover again by jumping if the power up is still active.

Up Special: Rayman uses his helicopter hair allowing him to recover from very far off stage and has good control of flight trajectory. This damages opponents that move into or are hit by the spinning hair similar to K Rool’s up special move.

Rayman pulls out his plunger gun and fires a plunger straight forward which has range a little longer than Ivysaur’s razor leaf. The plunger deals moderate damage and briefly stuns opponents if they are hit in the face. The projectile, however, is rather slow and the move has undesirable end lag.

Down Special: Rayman does a ground pound by jumping up and flipping 180 degrees to have his upper body be facing straight down and holding out one fist then flies downwards damaging opponents both with the jump and the downwards charge as well as a small shockwave around where Rayman lands. This move has a little start up delay and end lag but not as much as other similar moves like Yoshi’s down special attack. This move does a lot of damage compared to most of Rayman’s other moves and has great launching power and the initial jump can also be used to add onto Rayman’s recovery just be careful as not reaching the edge will cause Rayman to plummet and lose a stock.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
It says something that our boy is standing toe to toe with Mr. Minecraft on that poll, doesn't it?

Here's a more in-depth list of the various mounts for what I shall refer to as Ray-Riders (though Ubikart would work too).
Moskitos - These iconic insects can ram through wooden barriers with their proboscis', & suck n' spew out various objects to stun the competition.

Shells - If you played Rayman 2, you'll know what you're getting with these guys. Either ride & glide it out with your mechanical steed, or use strategy to just Solid-Snake the bumpkin upfront (provided you don't bomb yourself from carelessness with ol' Shelley...).

Unibrow Steppe Moskitos - Unused enemies? Why not? These dudes are the more rarerly seen, grizzly cousin of the typical Moskito, decked out with huge tusks perfect for yeeting heavy obstacles & even enemies out of the way.

Moths (or Crickets, these guys look too vague to tell) - Comin' Straight outta Band Land, it's the big green pests that excel in buzzing up to higher ground where Moskitos leave you down. They've also got a nasty divebomb move at their disposal, though it takes some time to do.

Mecha-Flies - These little nuts n' bolts work as your key to accessing sparsely laid-out robo-pirate strongholds by way of shooting laser beams.

Ghosts - These poor souls can phase themselves & their rider through walls, & build up the energy to let out an eerie moaning shockwave to slow up everyone else.

Minotaurs (more like Mini-taurs, amirite?) - Hades' grouchy munchkins, which come in neat-freak purple & heart-burn red flavors!

Stone Dogs - These stalactite-canines can channel their inner insectivore & ball up with their riders to traverse small holes & crevices within the tracks.

Ninja Crabs - Like any crustacean, these schnooks can burrow through sandy pits into the subterran below. And like any ninja, you can sneak attack your opponents with a well-timed drill uprise when coming back up. Eugene would be proud...

Anglerfish - Neptune's narcoleptic lookin' night-lights can put the shine on fish-schools & sea monsters that block away hidden paths.

Carmen's Friends & Relations - Carmen the Whale's similar-looking kin can give racers an edge with both their bulk & their knack for spewing air bubbles that trap oncoming fire.

Ssssam's Squad - When it comes to water tracks, Sssam the Watersnake's buddies are your go-to for taking the race up to the surface for some skiing action.

Neat, no? Feel free to share thoughts.

Semi-related bit, but I think this game would greatly benefit from using the engine of Mario + Rabbids. Say what you will about the game & it's concept, but you can't tell me the Glade of Dreams wouldn't look damn fine with it's clean, vibrant colors & lively, cartoonish animation.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
We had a head start but now we're getting close to losing, where is everyone?
I know it's just a random poll that means nothing but HAHA, Rayman wins! Just knowing we still have decent support is reassuring.

It says something that our boy is standing toe to toe with Mr. Minecraft on that poll, doesn't it?

Here's a more in-depth list of the various mounts for what I shall refer to as Ray-Riders (though Ubikart would work too).
Moskitos - These iconic insects can ram through wooden barriers with their proboscis', & suck n' spew out various objects to stun the competition.

Shells - If you played Rayman 2, you'll know what you're getting with these guys. Either ride & glide it out with your mechanical steed, or use strategy to just Solid-Snake the bumpkin upfront (provided you don't bomb yourself from carelessness with ol' Shelley...).

Unibrow Steppe Moskitos - Unused enemies? Why not? These dudes are the more rarerly seen, grizzly cousin of the typical Moskito, decked out with huge tusks perfect for yeeting heavy obstacles & even enemies out of the way.

Moths (or Crickets, these guys look to vague to tell) - Comin' Straight outta Band Land, it's the big green pests that excel in buzzing up to higher ground where Moskitos leave you down. They've also got a nasty divebomb move at their disposal, though it takes some time to do.

Mecha-Flies - These little nuts n' bolts work as your key to accessing sparsely laid-out robo-pirate strongholds by way of shooting laser beams.

Ghosts - These poor souls can phase themselves & their rider through walls, & build up the energy to let out an eerie moaning shockwave to slow up everyone else.

Minotaurs (more like Mini-taurs, amirite?) - Hades' grouchy munchkins, which come in neat-freak purple & heart-burn red flavors!

Stone Dogs - These stalactite-canines can channel their inner insectivore & ball up with their riders to traverse small holes & crevices within the tracks.

Ninja Crabs - Like any crustacean, these schnooks can burrow through sandy pits into the subterran below. Like any ninja, you can sneak attack your opponents with a well-timed drill uprise when coming back up. Eugene would be proud...

Anglerfish - Neptune's narcoleptic lookin' night-lights can put the shine on fish-schools & sea monsters that block away hidden paths.

Carmen's Friends & Relations - Carmen the Whale's similar-looking kin can give racers an edge with both their bulk & their knack for spewing air bubbles that trap oncoming fire.

Ssssam's Squad - When it comes to water tracks, Sssam the Watersnake's buddies are your go-to for taking the race up to the surface for some skiing action.

Neat, no? Feel free to share thoughts.

Semi-related bit, but I think this game would greatly benefit from using the engine of Mario + Rabbids. Say what you will about the game & it's concept, but you can't tell me the Glade of Dreams wouldn't look damn fine with it's clean, vibrant colors & lively, cartoonish animation.
Did you get the Ninja Crab idea from the scrapped Mario Kart 8 drill mechanic? I likey. Only significant "rideable" you missed is probably the pigs from Rayman Raving Rabbids, they could be the best off-roaders.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I honestly completely forgot about that drill mechanic. I just figured that Ninja Crabs would go underground like how certain species of crabs do IRL, on top of fitting the whole stealthy ninja motif. Fun fact, but apparently they have dreams of being tortoises, as far as the Rayman 3 manual is concerned. :upsidedown:

Question, how would lums be worked into the game?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Nope, I honestly completely forgot about that drill mechanic. I just figured that Ninja Crabs would go underground like how certain species of crabs do IRL, on top of fitting the whole stealthy ninja motif. Fun fact, but apparently they have dreams of being tortoises, as far as the Rayman 3 manual is concerned. :upsidedown:

Question, how would lums be worked into the game?
You can go the easy route and make them like coins/wumpa fruit where they boost base speed or collecting 10 of them gives you power ups. Except make it an actually significant speed boost and cap it at 100. And fill the tracks with them. Have a king lum powerup that boosts Lum capture rate to reach that max speed.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
How did Rayman Arena do it? There were lums in that game, right?
The only lums present in the game from my memory are purple lums, functionally the exact same as Rayman 2, the silver lums which everyone in the game can shoot to trigger mechanisms in races and kill each other in battle, and the freeze combat collectable lums. No actual lums were present in the game from my memory.

It. Is. Finished!

I sure wish Ubisoft would remember Rayman and treat him with dignity as much as his fans do :(

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Is this really the only Rayman thread? i have a difficulty believing Ive never been in the Rayman thread. Or that it would only be at sixty pages.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Is this really the only Rayman thread? i have a difficulty believing Ive never been in the Rayman thread. Or that it would only be at sixty pages.
It used to be a lot more active pre-release

Also here's the link to the poll KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 is refering to. Our Rayboy is close but losing, in case you guys want to give him a boost.

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Just gotta keep getting our voices out there. With all these spaces open now, it feels like an inevitability.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just gotta keep getting our voices out there. With all these spaces open now, it feels like an inevitability.
I feel that the ballot results (whatever those may be) will be the determining factor. If the demand was strong enough in Europe alone, there might be a shot.

Otherwise, I suppose it couldn't hurt to keep morale up before and after the DLC ends. Also, snapping up the GBC and DSi Raymans on 3DS, while its shop is still maintained.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Haven't been here for a while. Still hoping for Rayman in Smash, but more importantly...where's Rayman 4, Michel?

Staarih

Smash Master
So I've been regrettably quiet in this thread but lately I've really come to the conclusion that Rayman really deserves a spot in Smash, and he's one of my top picks for DLC (especially now when we know there's more to come after the Fighters Pass - sure, I'm still a bit wary if spirit "upgrades" will happen or not but anyway, we'll see what will happen).

I feel like a majority of the DLC will introduce somewhat "gimmicky" playstyles, with Joker having Arsene/Persona and Hero with his RPG-esque commands - Banjo is pretty straightforward though and we'll see how Terry turns out - but nevertheless Rayman would offer a whole new dimension of gameplay with his limbless body and I'm super interested to see how it would be handled. He's also pretty much a veteran already in the platform game scene, having been around for a fair while. Ubisoft as a company ought to get represented also with its good support with Nintendo.

All Rayman supporters probably know and agree with the above haha so nothing new, but anyway, still here to show my support!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The one from the Smash For speculation era was in the hundreds.

We haven't much to talk about besides the rare poll, what with the lack of anything Rayman related Smash or otherwise.

Top Bottom