• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
You mean a Brawler? I went with Gunner because it could emulate his magic fist from Rayman 2 or even the powerups from 3. Brawler I feel would be a little too generic.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Happy new year, Raybros!
Let this be the year that the Limbless Wonder makes it into Smash.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Rate my Challenger Pack
Pretty good. I'd throw in Mr. Dark as a Spirit (especially since there are Spirit Battles that specifically have the enemy run away lol) and Tricky Treasure as a song, but otherwise I'd be more than happy with this.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Another day, another "too good to be true" leak. And I DO mean too good to be true. Regardless.....

Thoughts, anyone?
I'm not holding my breath (I think I've made that plenty clear), but if I'm wrong, then Zip-a-dee do da!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Another day, another "too good to be true" leak. And I DO mean too good to be true. Regardless.....

Thoughts, anyone?
I'm not holding my breath (I think I've made that plenty clear), but if I'm wrong, then Zip-a-dee do da!
The fact that someone would fake a title as good as "Mario+Rabbids 2: A Teensy Bit of Trouble" should be a crime.

Probably fake, but I would be ecstatic if it were true. Didn't play the first game (never got around to it), but the inclusion of Rayman would be a Day 1 purchase for me.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Thoughts, anyone?
I'm really REALLY upset that Blocked Content seems to be becoming the new LaxChris...

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/NVZXhQwj6YI

GameXplain have tried to explain battle with Rayman spirit in their own way. And the ending of explanation just killed me.
There's a few people working in this channel and no one have played Rayman games(?).

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
^That would explain alot. Do you see what I meant a few pages ago regarding Rayman's notoriety within mainstream gaming channels/newsfeeds?

The leak also mentioned a (presumably) remastered Rayman trilogy, complete with amiibo costumes & even an amiibo of the man himself.
It all sounds heavenly. The exact surge of life our limbless ranger could use at this time. But that's also the very thing that kills any credibility (amongst other factors like Nintendo not taking it down yet).
As if Ubisoft would really do something this extravagant for a series that's not a big seller like Assasin's Creed or Just Dance (even when said series played as the stepping stone that eventually lead them to where they are today.)

....I'm rambling, aren't I?

I'll say this, though. Whoever's behind this must be quite the Rayman fan.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Rayman is my 2nd most wanted character behind Banjo so I would love to get Rayman in Smash, put me on the supporter list

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
^
Rayboi Alt..png
Welcome to the Glade Of Dreams!

Rayman High Five.gif

Peeps, yesterday I had an idea for a potential mechanic for Rayman that could be unique to him in gameplay. Whenever he dodges attacks, he doesn't simply swing back for a frame or two. Rather, he disassembles his parts to the ground, which allows him to do one of 2 things.

1. Counter whoever tries to hit him with a grounded attack, like a down tilt or ground pound-type down air
or 2. Hop back up or do a get-up attack as if he fell to the ground.

It's basically an unconventional counter. Sounds overpowered, I'm sure, but I think it could easily be counterbalanced by the strength of the move getting less effective the more you use it.

Thoughts, anyone?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
^View attachment 186315 Welcome to the Glade Of Dreams!

View attachment 186314

Peeps, yesterday I had an idea for a potential mechanic for Rayman that could be unique to him in gameplay. Whenever he dodges attacks, he doesn't simply swing back for a frame or two. Rather, he disassembles his parts to the ground, which allows him to do one of 2 things.

1. Counter whoever tries to hit him with a grounded attack, like a down tilt or ground pound-type down air
or 2. Hop back up or do a get-up attack as if he fell to the ground.

It's basically an unconventional counter. Sounds overpowered, I'm sure, but I think it could easily be counterbalanced by the strength of the move getting less effective the more you use it.

Thoughts, anyone?
A counter that is used via a dodge certainly sounds unique, especially compared to the other counters.

To add on that, maybe if you hit the button at a certain frame, Rayman’s counterattack could be a bit more powerful?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
One of my ideas was that he'd have two wind up punches. One for his smash attack which would work like origins/legends and one for his neutral special where he would charge it up and then could shoot it like Rayman one, and it would have the boomerangish mechanics from that game too.

I mean Sonic's side and down special are practically the same so it could work

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good to me. When it comes to brainstorming potential movesets, I feel more people should learn to look beyond the 4 specials when thinkin' up unique mechanics & gimmicks (Thank you for leading me to this realization, King "burying down-tilt ~ super armor n-air" K. Rool.)

Last edited:

KingOfKazoos

Smash Cadet
^That would explain alot. Do you see what I meant a few pages ago regarding Rayman's status within mainstream gaming channels/newsfeeds.

The leak also mentioned a (presumably) remastered Rayman trilogy, complete with amiibo costumes & even an amiibo of the man himself.
It all sounds heavenly. The exact surge of life our limbless ranger could use at this time. But that's also the very thing that kills any credibility (amongst other factors like Nintendo not taking it down yet).
As if Ubisoft would really do something this extravagant for a series that's not a big seller like Assasin's Creed or Just Dance (even when said series played as the stepping stone that eventually lead them to where they are today.)

....I'm rambling, aren't I?

I'll say this, though. Whoever's behind this must be quite the Rayman fan.
To be fair I'd be REALLY surprised if Ubisoft don't try and make a remaster of the trilogy. With how popular the trend of remastering old classics like Crash, Spyro and even Medevil has become. I'm sure they'll see that and think "Ok, let's do that."

Not holding my breath, but I would not be surprised if they went ahead with an idea like this. Only issue is all three Rayman games are super diverse in gameplay and practically everything else while Spyro and Crash's games are all basically the same thing. So it would be harder to remaster.. but who knows?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth brought up an overlooked point that may prevent the Ray from getting in: detached body part hitbox balance. What do you think?
Ubisoft doesn't seem to have any issues balancing that in his 2D platformers or Brawlhalla, so I don't really see the issue here. Just keep his body parts relatively close together in normal circumstances and give him a whole hurtbox like everyone else if you wanna keep things simple.

Does Sukapon have problematic hurtbox anomalies?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ubisoft doesn't seem to have any issues balancing that in his 2D platformers or Brawlhalla, so I don't really see the issue here. Just keep his body parts relatively close together in normal circumstances and give him a whole hurtbox like everyone else if you wanna keep things simple.

Does Sukapon have problematic hurtbox anomalies?
If I understood correctly on the Geno thread, doesn't seem to be, because it works for an AT, after all. That kind of feels like a double-standard...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If I understood correctly on the Geno thread, doesn't seem to be, because it works for an AT, after all. That kind of feels like a double-standard...
The "it's an item, who cares about balancing" kind of falls flat when you have two spirit battles where defeating him is of paramount importance to clear them smoothly outside of sheer luck.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Nah, like Brawler said I highly doubt that if Rayman was to be in Smash that they'll exaggerate with his body's hitbox. Just some disjoints for his attacks and that's it.

Although the thought of Link shooting an arrow and it just going through Rayman's neck is pretty funny.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Have y'all made sure to follow @raymantogether on Twitter? We're trying to rally the Rayman fans together!

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Threads feelin' kinda dead lately, so here's a vid from last month's past to hopefully spark some convo.
(Pay no heed to the thumbnail :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Threads feelin' kinda dead lately, so here's a vid from last month's past to hopefully spark some convo.
(Pay no heed to the thumbnail :rolleyes:)

The guy in the video does bring up some good points. Rayman is very much consistent in overall quality, but not much everything else.

However, I'm a bit hesitant on the idea of a "reboot", as that word could mean very different things. If it's something like a soft-reboot (which arguably is what Origins was), then I'd be a bit more open to it.

Reboot or otherwise, I do think that the next Rayman game (especially if it's 3D) does need to be made with newcomers in mind. Not at the expense of older fans, but enough to get the casual market interested and not feel intimidated. A new 3D Rayman probably wouldn't have a numbered title for that reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It always bugged me how Origins apparently dropped the idea of it being a prequel/redo/whatever and simply is another adventure in Rayman's life. And Mr. Dark is long since dead, for some reason. Which doesn't make sense unless you played the GBC Rayman.

In any case, Ubi has been sitting on Legends' laurels for a good amount of time now, so they ought to do something new soon.

Top Bottom