• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hello everyone! I've never posted here before, but... Rayman is my most wanted Smash character. I'm starting a new series about characters in general, but to start, I made this video. I'd love to hear what you think!

Saw this earlier, this was a very well made video, and I love the moveset you’ve presented. I especially love how you implemented Rayman’s helicopter hair, as well as giving him various recovery options.

I think it would be a neat idea for future videos in this series to talk about potential stages. While the videos should still primarily be about the character, thinking about potential stages a character could bring is also part of the fun.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I really like that video. I appreciate how in-depth he went.

The biggest thing keeping me from seeing this as likely is that to this day, there are no characters in Smash Bros who are owned by a non-Japanese company. For the first franchise to hit that milestone to be Rayman? I'd love it, but I don't see it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Being a western third-party is probably Rayman’s biggest obstacle.

Though it’s important to remember that no western third-parties isn’t a “rule”. Sakurai has broken all the other fan made “rules” in the past.

Someone’s gonna break that barrier eventually, either Rayman or someone else.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
It's not a rule but I just feel like that corporate hymen will be broken by someone like Doomslayer or Dovahkiin or Master Chief; you know, someone BIG. Of course if we do get Steve then my point is moot.

I had more hope for Rayman when I was 10 than I do now, heheh. If we get him, I'll do...something crazy.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It's not a rule but I just feel like that corporate hymen will be broken by someone like Doomslayer or Dovahkiin or Master Chief; you know, someone BIG. Of course if we do get Steve then my point is moot.

I had more hope for Rayman when I was 10 than I do now, heheh. If we get him, I'll do...something crazy.
Corporate hymen lmao

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Though it’s important to remember that no western third-parties isn’t a “rule”. Sakurai has broken all the other fan made “rules” in the past.

The reason we've had no true western third party until now has more to do with them having less history with the company than just being western. But now that pretty much all the big players in Japan have been covered...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The reason we've had no true western third party until now has more to do with them having less history with the company than just being western. But now that pretty much all the big players in Japan have been covered...
Oh I know the reason why. Language barriers and what not are pain.

The only real big Japanese third-party that seems to be missing is Dragon Quest, but other than that, you’re pretty much right.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hello everyone! I've never posted here before, but... Rayman is my most wanted Smash character. I'm starting a new series about characters in general, but to start, I made this video. I'd love to hear what you think!

This video was incredible. Have you heard of Delzethin Delzethin yet? You'd make a good protégé for him.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hm.

I’m of the belief that Spirits don’t mean deconfrimation.

But the lack of an official answer on whether or not Spirits deconfrim characters is the most frustrating part. There’s both evidence in support and against that idea.

I don’t think this 100% kills his chances, but it is a bit of a blow.

I’ll still remain hopeful, but maybe a little less so.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
What argument?
The argument that a character not having a Spirit increases their chances as DLC.

Which, in hindsight, doesn't make a lot of sense considering they most likely didn't decide the DLC when they were adding Spirits.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yeah, that is a certainty.

If neither Rayman nor even the Rabbids are playable at all, what's the point of settling for Brawlhalla then?

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
The argument that a character not having a Spirit increases their chances as DLC.

Which, in hindsight, doesn't make a lot of sense considering they most likely didn't decide the DLC when they were adding Spirits.
We don't know that. The DLC could have been decided before the creation of the spirits, which means spirits deconfirmed characters as newcomers.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I mean, if I were Sakurai, I would put some of the DLC choices as Spirits in the base game to keep people thinking and guessing. Only to reveal them later.

Though that would be getting into conspiracy theory nonsense.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
We don't know that. The DLC could have been decided before the creation of the spirits, which means spirits deconfirmed characters as newcomers.
If Sakurai is to be believed, the DLC was decided 2 weeks ago, and not even entirely by him. I HIGHLY doubt that they planned that far ahead, especially considering that there's probably 1000+ of these things in the game.

I'd imagine their main priority was finishing the mode rather than "okay, out of 1000 Spirits, which 5 characters should we exclude entirely for DLC?"

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I mean, if I were Sakurai, I would put some of the DLC choices as Spirits in the base game to keep people thinking and guessing. Only to reveal them later.

Though that would be getting into conspiracy theory nonsense.
Or going by his "treat every Smash game like it's the last" development mentality, he just tried to include as many spirits as humanly possible, without regard to whether or not there's plans to make them playable down the line. Just to ensure that they're represented in some form. We also know he tries to make his games feel as complete as possible before factoring DLC.

I'm not mad at all. This proves Ubisoft and Rayman are still on good terms with Nintendo, that his trophy in Wii U wasn't a fluke and we have even more Ubisoft content with the Kingdom Battle Rabbids. I can't help but see good things in the future for Rayman on Nintendo, even if it isn't necessarily for Smash.

On a nother note, we know that Spirit Battles get thematic music regardless of the stage you fight on. Could that mean we'll get at least one Rayman song?

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
This is a good thing, y'all. Rayman is in Smash! Like, it's not just a trophy this time, it's actually him. He's literally here in spirit!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or going by his "treat every Smash game like it's the last" development mentality, he just tried to include as many spirits as humanly possible, without regard to whether or not there's plans to make them playable down the line. Just to ensure that they're represented in some form. We also know he tries to make his games feel as complete as possible before factoring DLC.

I'm not mad at all. This proves Ubisoft and Rayman are still on good terms with Nintendo, that his trophy in Wii U wasn't a fluke and we have even more Ubisoft content with the Kingdom Battle Rabbids. I can't help but see good things in the future for Rayman on Nintendo, even if it isn't necessarily for Smash.

On a nother note, we know that Spirit Battles get thematic music regardless of the stage you fight on. Could that mean we'll get at least one Rayman song?
In the meantime a new entry would be nice, they can only ride on Legends for so long.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

https://puu.sh/C4v6p/8f7ee3082e.jpg

and here's the pic on it's own if you dont want to open the vid
I am kinda hoping they would have done something where Rayman would have had something basic and then he'd evolve in a more aggressive image, like that Rayman 3 image with the Chain Hands. I dunno, maybe time will tell. My one dream is that we'll get more than him, Globox and Barbara and go deep into the Rayman lore and see Admiral Razorbeard or the Hoodlums as Support Spirits.

This DLC thing has me meat buffaloed. Either Nintendo is going to hit five home runs, or we're getting Steve, a gacha game heroine, and three snoozers. But I'm still going to buy it anyway because if we do this, there's a possibility we will see more characters as a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Ehhh now I'm kind of scared for Rayman. Can they confirm Geno or somebody for DLC to get the theories out of the way? This is giving me anxiety.

Either way...

Rayman's Spirit Battle is 99% certain to include Sukapon. We all agree on that, right?

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
That's cool with me. There are no characters in the Smash playable roster even remotely like Rayman, but Sukapon fits really well.

Ironically there is a character in Brawlhalla who is quite reminiscent of not only Rayman but his world, that being Kor.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That's cool with me. There are no characters in the Smash playable roster even remotely like Rayman, but Sukapon fits really well.

Ironically there is a character in Brawlhalla who is quite reminiscent of not only Rayman but his world, that being Kor.
And apparently they have a truly epic handshake together.

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
Ooookay? A spirit.... Now EVERY single character that I found interesting to play is either an assist or a spirit. I hope spirit doesn't mean deconfirm because if that's the case I don't think I'd have any reason to buy the DLCs.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Yah, Since Nintendo has chosen the DLC and due to their good relationship with Ubisoft Rayman is one of my 5 DLC predictions, I played the hell out of Rayman 2.
I know Spirits doesn't deconfirm characters, just intuition, but saying otherwise is also just speculation, no one knows so lets hope for the best :D

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
I do believe that spirits disconfirm characters. however, there are many important characters as spirits. this means there will be many third party characters that have never been named in smash or some spirits are playable characters. This if we eliminate the characters missing of bandai and square-enix, as heihachi, someone from soulcalibur, tales saga, KH, FF, SMRPG, DQ, ChronoT.

so, the final list is 2 third party and 3 nintendo characters (pokemon 8th generation, FE Three houses, ?? xenoblade ??)

Its weird, I hope I'm wrong

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So how would one go about crafting a Rayman spirit? Perhaps a Sukapon, Great Fairy along with normal fairies from Zelda?

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
So how would one go about crafting a Rayman spirit? Perhaps a Sukapon, Great Fairy along with normal fairies from Zelda?
I know it probably wont happen but im hoping for a fight against master and crazy hand with Rayman in the background!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Back from my break, got my thoughts collected, everything is sorted out. So Rayman's spirit appeared while I was gone...

It's rough, but I don't think they're hard deconfirmation, hang in there guys.

Went back and added new supporters that joined while I was gone, let me know if I missed anyone.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Although at the beginning I was surprised and almost horrified to see Rayman as a Spirit, I must admit that, every time I think about it more, I see Rayman more and more as DLC!

It only remains to wait for the DLC, and see if one of these appears as Spirit in the base game, to be clear that Spirits DON'T deconfirm characters as DLC.

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
I'm not really sure that Spirits do deconfirm any character. This game has a spirit of Kirby in robot suit from "Planet Robobot". How can Kirby be dead and alive at the same time?

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I believe that a character that will definitely confirm the theory is Piranha Plant:
If there is a Normal Spirit of her in the base game we can confirm that they don't deconfirm DLC

Top Bottom