• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I Support Rayman!
And i hope you guys support Agumon with me!
I love augumon but he didn't originate as a video game character did he? But either way glad to have another supporter! Join us over on the Rayman for smash Twitter!

Graizen

Smash Champion
I love augumon but he didn't originate as a video game character did he? But either way glad to have another supporter! Join us over on the Rayman for smash Twitter!
Yes he did!
Digimon was born with the Tamagotchi , the first Virtual Pet with battles, in 1997.

Last edited:

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
We survived everyone! My condolences to our fallen competitors (especially Isaac, ouch...), but with Rabbid Peach as a Spirit that does mean that Ubisoft is in touch with Sakurai, sooo with our never ending support for the limbless wonder I really think Rayman can make it as DLC! The hope will never die! :D

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
I TOLD YOU!!

Rayman did not appear as Assist Trophy!
AND RABBID PEACH APPEARS AS A SPIRIT!!

UBISOFT HAS REPRESENTATION IN SMASH ULTIMATE!!

Remember that the DLCs include, apart from characters, STAGES.
Then, the DLC characters can be Third-Party characters or Nintendo characters whose game/saga has no representation in the base game.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
So I got a question about season passes, since Ray might be on one. Since you can buy it on day one, does it automatically have the characters or they'll let you download them once they offically announce them :/ Don't really know much about season passes

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
So I got a question about season passes, since Ray might be on one. Since you can buy it on day one, does it automatically have the characters or they'll let you download them once they offically announce them :/ Don't really know much about season passes
You can either buy them individually as they come out or buy them all at once and the game will download them as they are released.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
It seems that (as I understand what Sakurai himself has said) in the DLCs the characters will not be known until you buy them.
And if you unlock the DLC characters when you buy them, I think not, it will be like the Season Passes of Hyrule Warriors or Mario Kart 8 .

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The fact that, out of all those disconfirmations, Rayman was one of the few to make it out alive is absolutely insane.

I'm sad he's not in the base game, but now it's time for that DLC campaign.

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I know it's not the place nor justified but I'll laugh so much if there's a sans spirit, possessing ness

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yes he did!
Digimon was born with the Tamagotchi , the first Virtual Pet with battles, in 1997.
Oh damn I had no idea! Augumon with wargreyman final smash would be insane.

"TERRAFORCE!!!"

*Anhilates the stage*

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well guys, can't say I wasn't prepared for that. I don't think campaigning is going to do us any good, the ballot is long gone and it's painfully obvious that they already have the five DLC characters planned out. Most we can do is sit around and wait. I'm taking a break from the boards and I'll honestly just quit speculation entirely soon, probably. A year is a long time to wait for DLC... It was a wild ride, and I was glad to be on it with you guys. See you around.

The discord server is still around if you guys wanna hang.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
It's funny that Rabbid Peach of all things is what's giving me hope that he'll be DLC. I think his chances are very high.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Nothgard Nothgard is your avatar a Kraz icon?? I love his art and I'm surprised to see Rayman in his style :o
Yes, i like his art too.

I TOLD YOU!!

Then, the DLC characters can be Third-Party characters or Nintendo characters whose game/saga has no representation in the base game.

In wii u it was a trophy, Now let's hope it's nothing, I mean a spirit.
However, the assist graveyard was my only fear.

I don't think that the collaboration with ubisoft is limited to a few spirits.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Wowee, we really did dodge the purge there.

On top of that, some of the biggest dlc prospects are out of the running. If Verg's right and there's a Square Enix rep coming, that means we have 4 slots left.

With that Rabbid Peach spirit in mind as well, it's looking like Rayman's chances have never been better!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sup guys. Dropping in here to again to let you all know there maybe hope for your favorite limbless hero through DLC. There's two reasons why it could happen.

1. Nintendo and Ubisoft are on very good terms.
2. Rayman himself appeared as a trophy in Sm4sh.

Keep dreaming guys! I'm rooting for y'all!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wowee, we really did dodge the purge there.

On top of that, some of the biggest dlc prospects are out of the running. If Verg's right and there's a Square Enix rep coming, that means we have a 4 slots left.

With that Rabbit Peach spirit in mind as well, it's looking like Rayman's chances have never been better!
Didn't Verge clarify that he doesnt know about any Square rep

Pakky

Smash Hero
I TOLD YOU!!

Bruh, like I said with that trophy, he was in.

I knew it. But I wonder with all three of them modeled, how many are we getting?

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Yesterday sakurai played the full game in Japan and i saw another rabbit, something makes me think that the rabbids are in smash because nintendo has part of the rights of mario + rabbids, so they really never cared about rayman.

Maybe many fans get angry with this comment. but if sakurai put your favorite character as a sticker or AT's then sakurai considered him as a playable character but he prefers other characters before that character. so let's hope rayman is not spirit.

DKRab.png

Pakky

Smash Hero
Seriously I think he might be the first or the second DLC we get.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Verg is saying someone from Granblue, a Square-Enix character (likely Geno), and Steve... that leaves only two more spots if true.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yesterday sakurai played the full game in Japan and i saw another rabbit, something makes me think that the rabbids are in smash because nintendo has part of the rights of mario + rabbids, so they really never cared about rayman.

Maybe many fans get angry with this comment. but if sakurai put your favorite character as a sticker or AT's then sakurai considered him as a playable character but he prefers other characters before that character. so let's hope rayman is not spirit.

View attachment 175392
I still consider the absense of any Rayman Spirits but the presence of Rabbids a point in favor. You'd think Sakurai would add a Rayman spirit after his trophy in Wii U, but nope. Maybe Sakurai and Ubisoft settled for DLC but Ubisoft still wanted their content to show up in the game.

As for if the Mario Rabbids characters are Nintendo or Ubisoft. The Rabbids are still Ubisoft's property, even if they're wearing Mario costumes. It's kind of like Sora being a debatable mess between Square Enix and Disney.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Verg is saying someone from Granblue, a Square-Enix character (likely Geno), and Steve... that leaves only two more spots if true.
He said another supposedly credbile leaker said granblue, which hardly any one knows what that is and I don't think has been released outside of Japan from what I've been told so I strongly doubt that's real

View attachment 175392
Rabbids showing up as spirits but no sign of rayman as a spirit or assist definitely works in our favor for sure

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I TOLD YOU!!

Sophia-Petrillo-And-the-world-heaves-a-collective-sigh-of-relief-1440477102.png

With the DLC ensemble being pre-planned, campaigning is kinda pointless (atleast for now...). That said, I've still got....not really high hopes for Ray (the Grinch leak has reminded me to never have high hopes when it comes to wanted Smash newcomers), but it's hope nonetheless.

Side note: Regarding the Veggieburger claims, who/what is Granblue??? A "literally who" series if I ever heard one.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Side note: Regarding the Veggieburger claims, who/what is Granblue??? A "literally who" series if I ever heard one.
It's a mobile game which is popular in Japan, apparently. Saw the character people are talking about and tbh if you looked at her without context you'd think she's a FE character.

I'd also like to clear a misconception: Verge has not banked on playable Steve or Granblue characters, that was another person with so-so credibility who Verge himself said that while he somewhat trusts that he has no way of backing them.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
After thinking about it, maybe Rayman won’t appear as a Spirit.

All the other non playable third party characters like Bomberman or Rathalos are from companies that already have a playable character in Smash. The only exceptions being Shantae, Shovel Knight, and the Rabbids.

The first two are indie characters, but the latter are from a big Triple AAA company. Since we’ve only gotten playable third party characters from big companies, having Ubisoft involved without a playable fighter would be weird.

That being said, the Rabbids shown are not only from Mario+Rabbids, but also use the likeness of characters Nintendo already owns. Given it’s also a recent game involving Nintendo’s characters, perhaps these particular Rabbids are also seen as an exception in regards to extra third party representation.

Of course, Ubisoft could still have easily allowed Sakurai to use Rayman as a Spirit, and I still stand my belief that Spirits don’t mean deconfirmation. But if he doesn’t show up at all, this means that Ubisoft already has their foot in the door in Smash Ultimate. Which would give a lot of points in Rayman’s favor.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I lke the idea !
What's making me sad is that if it was a regular Smash Bros game with more newcomers, I'm pretty sure that Rayman would have been included in the base game. Anyway, I think that he has a good shot as a DLC character because I think that we're going to have 4 third party juggernauts as DLC (the only first party who has a chance in my opinion is Bandana Dee).
I wouldn't be surprised to see spirits of Rayman, Globox and others. But in my opinion, that's not a disconfirmation, so, it's okay.

Would you like him to talk like in the first games or just communicating like Mario ?

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
During the Nintendo treehouse, some Simon gameplay was shown. And I have to say, when he uses his cross, it reminds me a lot the projectile's behavior and range when Rayman throws his fist in R1. So I think it could perfectly be done as a special.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
During the Nintendo treehouse, some Simon gameplay was shown. And I have to say, when he uses his cross, it reminds me a lot the projectile's behavior and range when Rayman throws his fist in R1. So I think it could perfectly be done as a special.
I can sort of imagine it as a neutral attack. It wouldn’t be as powerful as Simon’s Cross, but it would be a lot faster and return back to Rayman quicker as well.

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
I was thinking about why such requested as characters Rayman, Geno and Banjo-Kazooie wasn't included in base roaster of the Ultimate. Despite the fact that inclusion of any character in such popular game as SSBU can help any franchise to get more popularity (for example, inclusion of Marth and Roy helped the FE franchise become more popularity outside of Japan) , but why Ubisoft, Square Enix and Microsoft wouldn't want their characters put in base roaster?

I hope you won't be mad at me but... I think all of three companies want get their 35-50% from DLC sales.
Inclusion of character from 3rd party company isn't an easy conversation for Nintendo and ("put the name of company here"). At least both companies should want that character in the game. Despite the words I said before, treaty between both companies can turns out as a bad decision. I mean one of both companies can put unpleasant conditions of the agreement for another. So at least 3rd party company can get some money for future projects.

So, I tried to explain why the characters I mentioned early did not appeared in base roaster. BUT I would like to share my thougts why are they WILL BE IN THE GAME.

Rayman:
2015, the year when relationship between Ubisoft and Nintendo really started, and when development of Mario+Rabbids game and Smash Ultimate started. Ubi-guys probably could ask Nintendo about Rayman's representation in their games. If the source don't lie, the big N agreed with inclusion in Super Mario Maker for 3DS, but something went wrong during development of the Rayman Amiibo, and the "RayMan" was left in the code of the game.

And there the trophy. The trophies are aren't just a collectible items, they are characters that could potentially be a new fighters( remember Pit was a trophy in the Melee? That's right!).
So Nintendo and Sakurai-san was both interested in Rayman!

Banjo and Geno:

They are both old and almost forgotten characters from previous console generations and they have something in common. Sakurai wanted to put Banjo in Melee, but he couldn't do it because of the copyright issues. The same story with Geno, Mr. Sakurai wanted him Brawl, but there is the same problem.

Did you know that Sakurai wanted to add Ditto and Sukapon in previous games but he couldn't because of development issues? But now they are in the Ultimate! In the same way as he wanted them to be in previous games! This means that Mr. Sakurai wante to make the game "complete" by putting element he couldn't put before.
I want to say that if really Sakurai want to add the characters he couldn't include or was interested before, ALL three of them definitely will be in the game!

What do you think about it? Tell me if mentioned something wrong. Thank you very much for your time!

Top Bottom