• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've always said Rayman's reveal trailer has to include master and crazy hand in some form!!
I could see them doing their normal introduction (you know that floating and laughing thing) surroumding some lifeless looking character. Then it zooms out revealing that it's Rayman's hands, and he's doing a fake laugh, playing with an amiibo or something.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
^Noice. In general, it seems like there's plenty you could do with a Rayman reveal.

Man, what if at the end of Rayman's classic mode (what would that be like, speaking of which?), you don't even fight the Hands, they just spare him for the sheer delight of seeing another pair of floating appendages. :p

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
^Noice. In general, it seems like there's plenty you could do with a Rayman reveal.

Man, what if at the end of Rayman's classic mode (what would that be like, speaking of which?), you don't even fight the Hands, they just spare him for the sheer delight of seeing another pair of floating appendages. :p
Lmao I'd be down.

I also wouldn't mind if he fought Dracula to somewhat represent Mr Dark!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Lmao I'd be down.

I also wouldn't mind if he fought Dracula to somewhat represent Mr Dark!
This, please. And play the theme song during the fight like how Marx plays Calamari Inkantation for Inklings. Also because Master Hand and Crazy Hand are the bosses for over half the roster, it's kind of lame tbh.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
This, please. And play the theme song during the fight like how Marx plays Calamari Inkantation for Inklings. Also because Master Hand and Crazy Hand are the bosses for over half the roster, it's kind of lame tbh.
Ya there's not enough bosses in ultimate and the fact that there's no boss battles mode is ass

MrUndy

Smash Cadet
I liked the concept of drawing a fighter with a costume based off a spirit that possessed a fighter. So I've made a fan art of Rayman Spirit fight from WoL baced of meleebrawler's explonation

http://fav.me/dcz4dnx

If Shantae fans have drawn Samus in Shantae costume a lot, why won't anyone draw something like that

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I liked the concept of drawing a fighter with a costume based off a spirit that possessed a fighter. So I've made a fan art of Rayman Spirit fight from WoL baced of meleebrawler's explonation

http://fav.me/dcz4dnx

If Shantae fans have drawn Samus in Shantae costume a lot, why won't anyone draw something like that
I like it! Love all the fanart that represents the Spirit Battles. About time someone did it for Rayman.

That Sonic is an accurate representation of how it felt fighting him during the Spirit Battle. :p

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Like the Starlink DLC, more connections in our favor. I'm also interested in that Platinum game, it seems cool.

Rest of the presentation was meh to me, and I didn't really have many hopes to begin with. I like Link's Awakening and all but I'm not sold on its art style... maybe it'll grow on me?

As for Smash news, pretty much an announcement for an announcement lol. I would expect a mini Smash Direct in a month or so.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You know, I've always thought Rayman would have a moveset that was spread evenly across all of his titles.

But after watching that video, that makes for a much more unique moveset than I could of imagined. I'm all for the limbless part of his character to take center stage for his moves.

Plus I dig what he said for the Down B, just make Rayman boomerang himself back to his body.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
You know, I've always thought Rayman would have a moveset that was spread evenly across all of his titles.

But after watching that video, that makes for a much more unique moveset than I could of imagined. I'm all for the limbless part of his character to take center stage for his moves.

Plus I dig what he said for the Down B, just make Rayman boomerang himself back to his body.
I'll be honest, I didn't watch it because I thought it would be the same boring Origins stuff, but you made me want to watch it.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I just gotta say, the second to first opening segment of the video is literally me. That brief rundown history is verbatim how my small wish to see Rayman in Smash after playing Origins & Legends grew to a full-on desire post-trophy reveal, to the point that he became & has remained my most wanted character (alongside Dixie Kong).

That shiz spoke to me on a personal level for real, dawg. :shades:

Last edited:

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
Video link is... interesting. Pretty compelling.
At first the idea of Rayman as a character is kinda "blah"... something about the way his body moves and bounces is so creepy to me and i remember some parts of the games being somewhat darkly strange?
That being said, i havent played any of the games since i had played the first 2 (maybe 3?) on ps1 when they had first come out, and i remember them being super fun and exciting, if at times challenging (which may have just been due to me being a wee controller wielder at the time).
But since then Rayman has always been a name that people instantly recognize whether they are heavy gamers or not, and has definitely had some popular and well selling games that people still reference. For sure one of the most relevant platformers for playstation. (Up there with Odd world for me but thats a whole other discussion)
So while I wouldnt necessarily be ecstatic to see Rayman included, I would at least feel like its well earned and not a complete waste of a roster slot.

That being said, my only real argument AGAINST Rayman is simply that I feel like they could make him very annoying for me to play against :laugh: Like a cross between duckhunt and ice climbers, with a dash as confusing and hard to follow as inklings loll all his bouncy body parts n ****...

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
I found the next step! : 82lTsQhXknY
Edit: It seems that there's no next step, jeust "staying tuned"

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Finally took the time to watch The Duke of Dork’s video on Rayman.

Absolutely loved it. Personally, I’m still content with an Origins/Legends based moveset with parts of the original trilogy, but his idea for a moveset was absolutely phenomenal. Stuff like how the Down B torso kick and opponents being able to keep Rayman’s limbs away from him are very inspired. It just makes me want Rayman even more.

——————————————-

Also, what Artsy Omni has been teasing has finally been revealed.
Seems like a great new direction to take the channel. Some of the stuff showcased looks very promising, I’m eager to see what they have in store.

Also, Rayman’s getting re-Smashified! Really looking forward to seeing just how far the team’s skills have improved.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Aight lads how are we feeling about Rayman's chances as of February 2019??
Honestly the same as the start. Really no evidence for or against (Except maybe Spirits). Because of that I'm keeping my sights on Banjo at the moment but my Rayboy will still be my #1

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Mashed has graced us with an animation!
https://youtu.be/1IM8TGkuNUI

A bit more "lewd" than I'd like, but the artstyle is top-notch.
I think I've grown out of the crude video game parodies thing a long time ago, but the animation's nice and I have to admit it's cool seeing people think Rayman is "worthy" to make a parody animation of this caliber.

And admittedly, the RayWiki joke got a good chuckle out of me.

I think he still has a decent shot, though whether or not Spirits mean deconfrimation is probably the biggest hurdle he has.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Honestly the same as the start. Really no evidence for or against (Except maybe Spirits). Because of that I'm keeping my sights on Banjo at the moment but my Rayboy will still be my #1
I mean I'd say he has just as much going for him as banjo if not more since Ubisoft is arguably closer with Nintendo. Really depends on spirits I guess

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Reminder that in less than 30 minutes, Rayman will be Re-Smashified.
Won't be able to catch it live myself, I'll will have to watch the archive, but I'm eager to see the final results (or what gets done so far anyway).

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Honestly? Bad.

Too many rumors pointing in other directions, and a lot of it makes sense now with recent game reveals, and company crossovers. Nintendo and Ubisoft don't really have any Rayman-esque thing in store, and I feel like, while it's not the end all, it plays a role and it would give me more confidence if I saw something.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Honestly? Bad.

Too many rumors pointing in other directions, and a lot of it makes sense now with recent game reveals, and company crossovers. Nintendo and Ubisoft don't really have any Rayman-esque thing in store, and I feel like, while it's not the end all, it plays a role and it would give me more confidence if I saw something.
Which rumors? All I know is Dragon quest is rumored and that's it. Well the only rumor that's credible at least

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Which rumors? All I know is Dragon quest is rumored and that's it. Well the only rumor that's credible at least
Theres quite a few that attach to the DQ runor. Idk what's credible, and what isn't, but I think I've seen Rayman maybe once out of all of them.

The one that people tend to believe doesnt have Rayman. It's got
Erdrick, Steve, Ryu Hayabusa, and Doomguy

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Managed to catch the tail end of Artsy Omni's Rayman ReSmashified stream. Here's what they got so far.
Rayman WIP.png

Looks pretty snazzy.

Top Bottom