• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I'm so sick of people blaming Rayman fans for his absence. "Well, you should've bought Legends and Origins lul!" For one, I did. And two, what did Rabbids do to earn this attention? It's not like a lot of people bought the Rabbids games either, and I'm sure many didn't buy M+R solely for them. Rabbids are only "popular" through their tv appearances.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'm so sick of people blaming Rayman fans for his absence. "Well, you should've bought Legends and Origins lul!" For one, I did. And two, what did Rabbids do to earn this attention? It's not like a lot of people bought the Rabbids games either, and I'm sure many didn't buy M+R solely for them. Rabbids are only "popular" through their tv appearances.
You're serious? What spoothead actually said that? Bold to assume I & other fans didn't support the series during it's (short-lived) revival.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Man, imagine how big the surprise will be when they announce Rayman for Smash after no new game or even a nod in the Ubisoft Forward.

Guess I'm just hoping now.
Just like E3 2019 when there was absolutely nothing Banjo-Kazooie related in Microsoft's conference and yet Banjo was revealed to be coming to Smash in Nintendo's presentation. It would be quite swell if history repeats itself but with the Rayboi.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Oh dear, that means that leak about Rayman not joining Smash Bros is true. RIP
Also, the leak was never that Rayman for sure isn't happening, that was partially conjecture on PapaGenos' part with how he phrased what he said. The leaker said that they "haven't heard anything" about Smash, but just feel like they would have. However, they ALSO hadn't heard about another Mario Rabbids game, and look what happened. I've said it before, but when it comes to collaborations with Nintendo, they keep that stuff on lock nowadays.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Also, the leak was never that Rayman for sure isn't happening, that was partially conjecture on PapaGenos' part with how he phrased what he said. The leaker said that they "haven't heard anything" about Smash, but just feel like they would have. However, they ALSO hadn't heard about another Mario Rabbids game, and look what happened. I've said it before, but when it comes to collaborations with Nintendo, they keep that stuff on lock nowadays.
Regardless, we only have 3 days left until we get our closure (Most likely). No harm in keeping hope for a few more days.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
People love to say Ubisoft focused on rabbids because they were more successful but the only rabbids title to break 1 mil sales without Rayman in the title or without Mario carrying them is rabbids go home. That's it.

Makes no sense why they can't at least give us some decent download games like Capcom does with megaman despite those entries usually only selling round 1.5 mil

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
People love to say Ubisoft focused on rabbids because they were more successful but the only rabbids title to break 1 mil sales without Rayman in the title or without Mario carrying them is rabbids go home. That's it.

Makes no sense why they can't at least give us some decent download games like Capcom does with megaman despite those entries usually only selling round 1.5 mil
Can i see the sources on Sales? i tried to look for sales data on Rayman and Rabbids but couldn't find much.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Fellas, Did any of you catch what the man with the blue glasses(could anyone please tell me his name) commenting on "some surprises" after mentioning Rabbid Rosalina?

That comment sounds really intriguing and could lead to some possible characters showing up.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Seeing Rabbids catching up to Rayman, I see. Wouldn't surprise me if it surpasses it soon with this new game. Leeching off mascots popularity can do that for you.

I reckon no matter how loud we are we will continue to be ignored. No gaming publication has even reported on the fact Rayman was the most trending topic during that awful presentation. I just don't know what is going on with Ubi's headspace that they keep doing their mascot this way. No one at Ubisoft seems to give a damn. Not even Davide Soliani, who is the only top person at that damn company I have any respect for.

Someone has to care. Put him in some games in the meantime. Who knows, maybe he's in Smash and I'll look foolish here, but the fact they constantly ignore, and ignore, and ignore, and ignore, it has put such a huge damper on my psyche. And to the people are "laughing" at us Rayman fans, it isn't funny. Nothing about this situation is funny. Never has, and never will be.

Just look at the amount of love, heart, and soul the Rayman fan base has poured into this franchise. Many of us are old enough to remember how important Rayman used to be, and to see all of that crumble down... I don't know. I'm just done with it all.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Seeing Rabbids catching up to Rayman, I see. Wouldn't surprise me if it surpasses it soon with this new game. Leeching off mascots popularity can do that for you.

I reckon no matter how loud we are we will continue to be ignored. No gaming publication has even reported on the fact Rayman was the most trending topic during that awful presentation. I just don't know what is going on with Ubi's headspace that they keep doing their mascot this way. No one at Ubisoft seems to give a damn. Not even Davide Soliani, who is the only top person at that damn company I have any respect for.

Someone has to care. Put him in some games in the meantime. Who knows, maybe he's in Smash and I'll look foolish here, but the fact they constantly ignore, and ignore, and ignore, and ignore, it has put such a huge damper on my psyche. And to the people are "laughing" at us Rayman fans, it isn't funny. Nothing about this situation is funny. Never has, and never will be.

Just look at the amount of love, heart, and soul the Rayman fan base has poured into this franchise. Many of us are old enough to remember how important Rayman used to be, and to see all of that crumble down... I don't know. I'm just done with it all.
I think this mirrors a lot about how I feel about the situation... I feel like Smash is our last hope at this point...

David has shown some interest in Rayman, he's liked a few tweets I've tweeted at him talking about Rayman, so at least there's something there I guess...

I really hope our boy gets the spot he deserves in Smash, it's my last hope for him at this point.

Justin Little

Smash Ace

I know Resetera lives in their own bubble, but I've seen these few anti Rayman comments you see here growing rapidly elsewhere. I feared this would happen the moment M+R came into existence, and it's only going to get worse from here.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life

I know that Smash has been kept very well under wraps lately, but I'm gonna be cautious and stay out of Twitter, Reddit and even this site (maybe ya'll should too).
I would assume that if we stay here in the Rayman thread we should be okay.

Top Bottom