• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
It’s to be expected, the game is in its final year of character releases.
Part of it is also alot of people have moved on to Twitter or discord to discuss smash it seems. This thread is kinda a good example of that, it only has 100 pages, but on twitter the Rayman for smash account is the most followed smash campaign with over 6k supporters. Though I still love popping in here to chat with y'all!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Thanks! I had an idea inspired from the first game where you help Tarayzan get his toga, but Rayman was too busy celebrating for reaching 100 pages. That would've probably taken me 10 extra pages to finish though.
Tarayzan could make for a pretty good alt now that I think of it 👀

Tarayzan.PNG

Just needs to be tweaked to look like modern Rayman!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it would be nice to see Betilla and the other nymphs be playable in the future too
Assuming that the ERSB doesn't get uppity about their clothing, anyway.

Rayman Mini has been updated:
https://twitter.com/RaymanGame/status/1356282412745965572?s=20

I think this is the last update for Rayman Mini, so, we can wait for other projects...
Man, Mr. Dark is actually back? (Kind of deserves a bigger role than this, but still)

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Mobile game or not, I think y'all are not looking at the bigger picture. Bringing back Mr. Dark randomly like this is a big deal and could potentially mean even bigger things are to come with the series and the character. Like, they're aware this isn't exactly what we want but know adding the first villain of the franchise who's been absent for 25 years will get us talking about it one way or the other. Try showing it some praise for whatever it's worth.

IMG_20210201_135947.jpg

MattX20

Smash Hero
Mobile game or not, I think y'all are not looking at the bigger picture. Bringing back Mr. Dark randomly like this is a big deal and could potentially mean even bigger things are to come with the series and the character. Like, they're aware this isn't exactly what we want but know adding the first villain of the franchise who's been absent for 25 years will get us talking about it one way or the other. Try showing it some praise for whatever it's worth.

View attachment 301454
God, it's been a long time since Mr. Dark was featured.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
That's just bizarre. Same with them cancelling the skin for Globox's wife
Rayman Origins has quite a bit of unused content, it's pretty crazy!

View attachment 301454
I hope you're right man!

Mr.Dark was always my favorite villain in the seires, would love to see him make a return in a mainline game!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Rayman Origins has quite a bit of unused content, it's pretty crazy!

I hope you're right man!

Mr.Dark was always my favorite villain in the seires, would love to see him make a return in a mainline game!
I think we're owed Mr. Dark's return considering he was supposed to appear in Origins but that never happened. As you mentioned, we lost a loooot of good content.

Jano is also heavily referenced in the game manual. I'd love if Jano took the wheel as the main antagonist next game, and Mr. Dark works for him... probably betrays him at the end and becomes the true final boss, something nuts like that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Interesting, Mr. Dark even has an updated design which is pretty cool. Sure this is just on a relatively small game but it does seem something quite random to bring back for something like it. I'd love to see him return, especially since he's not fought in Rayman 1 directly. Although Redemption adds stuff regarding that.
Part of me would like to think they're priming us up for something that's coming for Rayman. What it is, I couldn't say, but this is far too conspicuous to write off as simply random fan service.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Did we ever discuss Rayman's various animations like sleeping, dizzyness/shield breaking, swimming, victory poses etc.?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Did we ever discuss Rayman's various animations like sleeping, dizzyness/shield breaking, swimming, victory poses etc.?
I would suspect that Sakurai’s based design for Rayman would be from Rayman 1, 2, Origins & Legends combined but to have a Specific idea of individualized animations it would simply be…

Sleeping: Him just speaking Raymanian in a Sleep position

Dizzying: Him staggering with his hands falling from the ground

Swimming: He would swim with his hands and feet going in a Butterfly motion

Victory Poses:

Victory 1: Rayman 1 Victory Pose with the 2-Fingers/Peace sign along with the Signpost of the !!! Exclamation

Victory 2: Rayman is accompanied by his friends Globox, Barbara, Teensie & Ly The Fairy

Victory 3: Rayman does a Quick Break Dance with him doing the Helicopter Hair going when he’s done

As far as His Voice Recording it would be from Rayman 2 as that Voice Over is Perfectly Good for Rayman’s Star K.O., K.O., Attacks, Hits, etc.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PAwt7N8_OG4&feature=share

{Edit} also 4,000 Post, sounds like us Rayman Fans are in a Very Good position for our Boy’s journey in Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC

Last edited:
Top Bottom