• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

G-Star

Smash Cadet
Greetings, y'all! It's probably been a while since I posted here (mostly been lurking), but I've been checkin up on Twitter alot, & I gotta say, between the trademark renewals & those rumors about a new DK game, I got a really good feeling about this coming E3.

On another note, I was cooking up a moveset for Rayman the other day, & I wondered to myself what it'd be like if his energy orbs from R2 had a new electric effect as a small creative liberty.
...That is to say, if any of you could expand on Ray's move kit for either Smash or a new title, what abilities would you give him?
Would you give him some kind of elemental power, or something different?
Check it. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_PaFJMF6__r0qnFs1oBktOp7kSDjTD1xkG0LfVogBE0/edit?usp=drivesdk

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Ya know if I'm being honest, I'm kinda just waiting for either a Rayman Collection/Remaster or a Mario + Rabbids sequel feat. Rayman to get leaked lol. Ubisoft is pretty notorious for leaks, especially around E3, and they've already proven that not even a direct collaboration with Nintendo's most lucrative IP is safe, as somehow the entire PowerPoint presentation for M+R Kingdom Battle leaked. Wanna interate again that if Rayman doesn't pop up anywhere before Tuesday despite these trademarks updating, we juuuuust might finally bring home the big dub.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Ya know if I'm being honest, I'm kinda just waiting for either a Rayman Collection/Remaster or a Mario + Rabbids sequel feat. Rayman to get leaked lol. Ubisoft is pretty notorious for leaks, especially around E3, and they've already proven that not even a direct collaboration with Nintendo's most lucrative IP is safe, as somehow the entire PowerPoint presentation for M+R Kingdom Battle leaked. Wanna interate again that if Rayman doesn't pop up anywhere before Tuesday despite these trademarks updating, we juuuuust might finally bring home the big dub.
Oh, snap, now I'm concerned.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Although there are other characters that could be added and would make me totally happy, Rayman would probably be the #1 character out there for me to be added to Smash. As I mentioned in the General Thread, his fanbase has probably had to endure more Smash disappointment than anyone out there.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If leaks with Ubisoft do occur, they most likely won't have any info for Smash. Recall the massive Capcom leak and how the Monster Hunter and Arthur Mii costumes were nowhere to be found in them. I don't think you should fret if there isn't any Smash info

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I finally finished my latest Animatic in the For Smash series I make and this times its got Rayman as the lead. I really hope one of those last two DLC Slots can be his and it is going to be feel like a LONG time while we wait for E3 2021. Hopefully this can make the wait for us a little more bearable.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I finally finished my latest Animatic in the For Smash series I make and this times its got Rayman as the lead. I really hope one of those last two DLC Slots can be his and it is going to be feel like a LONG time while we wait for E3 2021. Hopefully this can make the wait for us a little more bearable.
Rayman would be a welcome choice. Good work on the video

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
How did you get all this footage of my life throughout the years. Are you spying? ( :4pacman: )

Last edited:

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
If leaks with Ubisoft do occur, they most likely won't have any info for Smash. Recall the massive Capcom leak and how the Monster Hunter and Arthur Mii costumes were nowhere to be found in them. I don't think you should fret if there isn't any Smash info
See, the idea here though is that if, let's say we get Mario and Rabbids 2 but Rayman isn't in it or we don't get a new game announced, then the trademarks being for Smash would start to look even more likely. Obviously Smash info wouldn't be a part of any Ubisoft leaks, at least not likely. Basically, Rayman being MIA Saturday would actually give us better chances for Smash. Hope that makes sense, haha.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, this PracticalBrush guy has made "predictions" regarding games we'll be seeing at E3 or so.

And one of his predictions is Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope.
This guy has leaked stuff before so he is reputable, but these are only "predictions" yet oddly specific ones. Apparently insiders are in the know of a new M+R on the way anyway, so I guess it's just a matter of time it becomes reality.
Hopefully Rayman stars in it tho.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
See, the idea here though is that if, let's say we get Mario and Rabbids 2 but Rayman isn't in it or we don't get a new game announced, then the trademarks being for Smash would start to look even more likely. Obviously Smash info wouldn't be a part of any Ubisoft leaks, at least not likely. Basically, Rayman being MIA Saturday would actually give us better chances for Smash. Hope that makes sense, haha.
I've heard some ramblings that the Rayman trademarks thing could be for the upcoming Rayman TV show or something something Rayman Legends coming to Stadia. How likely is that?

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
I've heard some ramblings that the Rayman trademarks thing could be for the upcoming Rayman TV show or something something Rayman Legends coming to Stadia. How likely is that?
It's not for the Stadia thing, that wouldn't require this kind of trademark. Not sure about the TV show, but it's only "inspired" by the Rayman series, not about Ray himself.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Someone asked Brush in the comments if Rayman will make a return and to give them happiness, and Brush responded with "I predict happiness somewhere in your future! Bless you!"
God damn it, I didn't want my hopes raised when we're a little over a day away from the truth.

At least Mario + Rabbids is real, but that title he gave it doesn't give me any hints about Rayman.

it's only "inspired" by the Rayman series, not about Ray himself.
People always say this, but in the context of a video game adaptation on TV, "inspired" is pretty much interchangeable with the word "based." As in your show is inspired/based on the Rayman video game series. Why would Ubisoft make a brand new series loosely inspired by Rayman when Rayman is right there to work with?

Either way if it doesn't star Rayman himself, it's very likely still taking place in the same universe and would require the same series trademarks to produce.

Staarih

Smash Master
And if I remember correctly they didn't know about Splatoon 3 from the last direct. Nintendo might have everything locked in tight this time around. At least for their inside projects.
Yeah, definitely looks like it. M+R may have leaked because it's Ubisoft, but all things Nintendo are (still) under wraps. Well, we'll know soon enough as Ubisoft Forward is like... a day away. And Nintendo's presentation not far from it.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Could be an appearance in M+R2, a tv series announcement, or maybe we could see a new game on the horizon.

Brush doesn't seem to know about Smash so it's probably not that. Unless they are being stealthy.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
So with Brush apparently being this reliable, just how exactly interpret this word of his when asked about Rayman's future?:

"I predict happiness somewhere in your future! Bless you!"
It's weird in this case because he didn't include Rayman anywhere on the list of the post, unless Mario + Rabbids does in fact feature him. So him alluding to Rayman content in a reply rather than the post itself is strange to say the least.

With that said, he's using the word "prediction" to try to cover the fact these are leaks, as he's implying with the quote: "From the legal point of view I'm just guessing some predictions" so putting two and two together they're confident in Rayman making some kind of appearance.

We'll find out in 24 hours.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
OOOOOHHHH SH(%$*%^&T

The Doki's Are Back and On Nintendo Too, What's Next, Huniepop?
Im pretty sure Huniepop (the M Rated version at least) would be fine on Nintendo Switch, it's no secret that Nintendo allows more M-Rated games with no issue nowadays, they just have no attachment or promote it. (DOAX3 Scarlet actually came to the Switch, while its PS4 Counterpart was censored) especially of the Ecchi variety.

Note to self: Never make a bet about a character in Smash again, last time i did i ended up buying a Senran Kagura game.

Top Bottom