• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

volbound1700

Smash Master
I've said it once and I've said it again, Sakurai and his team at this point really have no problem with putting Western Characters (Dark Samus, King. K Rool, Banjo, Steve) or Japanese ones that are mostly popular in the West (Little Mac, Ridley), their biggest bias may be that it's way easier to work with Japanese companies than with Western ones, especially during Covid.
Like let's take Minecraft's music for Smash. From what I've seen C4 had no idea about it, so it's not like he declined, but, they didn't want to contact - from what their point of view was, some, non-Japanese speaking guy who's currently living in Sweden as development of Steve was already hellish enough. If Minecraft was a Japanese creation they probably would take an effort to contact with the composer (like they did with Dragon Quest).
So Nintendo and Sakurai probably wanna work only with Western companies, with whom they have a great relationship like Microsoft (I'm counting Bethesda with them too) and Ubisoft.

When it comes to my favorite composers and those who make remixes for Smash, my dream team for Rayman's new arrangements would be ACE guys, Yoko Shimomura, Yuzo Koshiro, Masafumi Takada and Jun Senoue (although I know him might be the least likely as he only made one Mega Man remix and then yeeted lmao).
Hell I'd be cool if they would let Grant Kirkophe make an arrangement, as he already did one (which was meet with high acclaim) and considering Rayman's Western roots and how Grant worked on Mario + Rabbids soundtrack, I'd be a really cool thing to see, but it may be a pipe dream.
Microsoft does seem to be more of an exception though then the norm. I think Rayman is LONG OVERDUE for Smash. He should have been in FP #1. It is almost to the point where it is noticeable that he isn't in Smash. Characters like Bomberman, Crash, Rayman, Sora, and Spyro are almost head scratchers that they are not in Smash because they are such great fits, far better fits than some of the characters we have been getting in with the DLC.

The FP seems to be more focused on JRPGs and if you see some of the responses from people on this board (Newcomer Speculation for example), it seems like most Smash fans, especially the younger ones, are perfectly fine with that. The original cast was heavily platformers (Mario, Kirby, DK) and even the original third-party DLC big characters were platformers (Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, to some degree even Snake). Yet we have moved away from that format to primarily RPG. We even see that with the Nintendo picks such as Byleth and Pyra. It has really sucked for people like me and my friends who want characters like Rayman in the game but I have gotten use to it. The only real DLC pick that created any hype for me was Banjo, the rest have been meh (I did kind of like Hero and Min Min).

I guess that I am setting myself up for disappointment. If you look, I was posting in this thread 2-3 years ago more excited about his changes but for each JRPG addition, it just puts more of a nail in the coffin. I do think that we will NOT get both Crash or Rayman unless there is another DLC pass (which I doubt will happen).

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
The 3rd party trademarks and the Sam bot stuff I can believe, but the thing about that Rayman tease that was quickly shut down by Ubisoft and then confirmed that it wasn't for a new game is what I'm less confident about. Like a lot of you have said, Nintendo likes to keep Smash very, very private, so I have a hard time believing that Nintendo would leave a hypothetical Rayman reveal trailer to Ubisoft and then letting it slide like that. I believe that piece of footage is for some sort of animation celebrating Ubisoft's legacy and Rayman having an appearance in there.
I'm really late on replying to this, lol, sorry.
The Rayman tease we're referring to tho was some concept art looking stuff that one of Ubi's Facebook pages posted. The belief was that they suddenly started backtracking because the actual reason they were going through old Rayman stuff was for the sake of collaboration on things like what design to use, what the stage would look like, that kinda thing. We have precedent for this too, as we know for character creation, there's a lot of going back and forth between the Smash team and the devs of whoever is being developed. So it's possible they were going through the archives for Smash's sake and weren't as secret about it as they should've been lol.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
So i just Beat Rayman Legends, AMAZING game, 9/10 if i say so myself. Amazing artstyle that will hold up in 20 years, outstanding soundtrack, fun gameplay mechanics, interesting level design, unique level ideas (name me ONE other game that has a Mariachi Remix of Eye of the Tiger in a level) my only real complaint is how the game kinda just................ends. You beat the supposed final boss, send the Dark Teensie to space..................that's it, no end game cutscene showing a happier place or anything, but seeing how much of an afterthought this game's story was, it's not surprising

I got DKCR/TP vibes from this game, and ANY Game reminds me of those 2 classics deserves the highest of praise in my opinion, THIS is how a modern 2D platformer should look like.

and i even got to play some Origins levels, as someone who never got the chance to buy and play it, this give me a desire to play it to completion.

........oh yeah, Murphy's Touch, never touched that one before, but i guess i need to in order to complete it, i want to save all the Teensies after all.

wait, why am i not moving, why is the character walking on its own?..................oh, no.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Hot take incoming: Legends was better with a Wii U gamepad.
It was literally designed as a Wii U game, so this is pretty much a fact more than a hot take. 90% of the interactivity that would normally come from the gamepad is just gone on every other console. The PS Vita port comes kiiiiinda close but suffers from the fact that you can't use it in multi-player like the Wii U gamepad.

volbound1700

Smash Master
So i just Beat Rayman Legends, AMAZING game, 9/10 if i say so myself. Amazing artstyle that will hold up in 20 years, outstanding soundtrack, fun gameplay mechanics, interesting level design, unique level ideas (name me ONE other game that has a Mariachi Remix of Eye of the Tiger in a level) my only real complaint is how the game kinda just................ends. You beat the supposed final boss, send the Dark Teensie to space..................that's it, no end game cutscene showing a happier place or anything, but seeing how much of an afterthought this game's story was, it's not surprising

I got DKCR/TP vibes from this game, and ANY Game reminds me of those 2 classics deserves the highest of praise in my opinion, THIS is how a modern 2D platformer should look like.

and i even got to play some Origins levels, as someone who never got the chance to buy and play it, this give me a desire to play it to completion.

........oh yeah, Murphy's Touch, never touched that one before, but i guess i need to in order to complete it, i want to save all the Teensies after all.

wait, why am i not moving, why is the character walking on its own?..................oh, no.
I have played through both Origins and Legends. I will say this, Rayman probably has the weirdest game world that I have ever seen.

volbound1700

Smash Master
And a stage from it would look great in Smash!
If I had to pick a #1 character that I want for DLC right now, it is Rayman (even over a second Sonic character). Crash is very close and so is Ryu Hayabusa. I would be happy with any of the three (although IMO all three SHOULD have been added between both DLCs. It is dumb that we got some of the crap DLC that we got over them).

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie
So while waiting patiently for this year's E3, decided to kill some time, while creating potential Spirit Battles for Rayman's Spirit Board.
I've already posted them in this thread, but I will post them here too, for people who are too lazy to click on the link:

Spirit: Lums (Novice, Support Spirit)
Opponent: Giant Golden :ultkirby: (10 HP), Team :ultkirby: (8x) (Red) (Small) (10 HP)
Conditions:
  • Timed stamina battle.
  • The enemy favors in taunting.
  • The enemy will be inflicted with Sleep status effect.
Stage: Great Cave Offensive
Music: Lum King

⦁ Kirby represents Lums, magical, pixie-like beings from Rayman universe, which similiar to Kirby are circular. Giant Golden Kirby represents the Lum King.
⦁ Battle conditions references gameplay mechanic from Rayman Origins, where after touching the Lum King, the other Lums in the area would starts dancing and singing, while also turning red. Giant Golden Kirby will be asleep, similiar to Lum King, while red Kirbies will only taunt in order to mimic dancing Lums.
⦁ The song that plays - Lum King is the exact same song that plays after collecting titular Lum King.
⦁ The Great Cave Offensive layout, as well as platforming hazards, bare resemblance to various level designs from Rayman Origins.

Spirit: Murphy (Novice, Support Spirit)
Opponent: :ultpit: (Green) (Tiny)
Conditions:
  • The enemy falls slowly.
  • The enemy will favor aerial attacks.
  • Hostile Assist Trophies will appear (Flies & Hand).
Stage: Band Land
Music: Granny's World Tour

⦁ Pit represents Murphy, as similiar to him, he shares an abillity to fly. His green coloration as well as small size in this Spirit Battle, also helps with the resemblance.
⦁ Battle conditions reference Murphy's natural abillity to fly.
⦁ Flies & Hand Assist Trophy will appear in reference to gameplay mechanic from Rayman Legends, involving Murphy himself.
⦁ Granny's World Tour song, references Murphy's bigger role as an supporting character in Rayman Legends.

Spirit: Teensies (Advanced, Support Spirit)
Opponent: Team :ultgnw: (5x) (Cyan)
Conditions:
  • The enemy falls slowly.
  • Only certain Pokémon will emerge from Poké Balls (Abra).
  • The enemy starts the battle with a Fire Flower.
Stage: Final Destination
Music: Overworld - Rayman 2: The Great Escape

⦁ Mr. Game and Watch Team's coloration resembles Teensies skin color.
⦁ Battle conditions references Teensies abillities to hover and shoot with magical attacks from Rayman Origins and Legends.
⦁ The Abra Poké Ball Pokémon reference Teensies control over portals in Rayman 2.
⦁ Final Destination may reference Hall of Doors from Rayman 2, which were guarded by Teensies. The Overworld theme playing, as well as with Final Destination sharing the same space-like background, helps with the resemblance.

Spirit: Barbara (Advanced, Primary Spirit)
Opponent: :ultlucina: (Red-haired alt), Rayman
Conditions:
  • The enemy has increased speed.
  • The enemy has increased attack power.
  • Defeat the main fighter to win.
Stage: Castle Siege
Music: Main Theme - Rayman Legends

⦁ Lucina in her white alternate costume, represents Barbara as both are female swordfighters (or in Barbara's case - axefighter) with royal backgrounds. Lucina's alt also has her with a red hair, in reference to Barbara's natural hair color.
⦁ Battle conditions may reference gameplay style of Rayman Legends, Barbara's debuting game.
⦁ Rayman's minion references how both him and Barbara are often potrayed as close allies, like in Rayman Adventures trailer.
⦁ Castle Siege references medieval-like theme of many levels from Rayman Legends.

Spirit: Andre (Advanced, Support Spirit)
Opponent: Team :ultmegaman: (4x) (Brown) (100 HP), Team :ultkirby: (4x) (Black) (10 HP)
Conditions:
  • Stamina battle.
  • The enemy shields often.
  • The enemy has a super armor.
  • Reinforcements will appear during the battle.
  • The enemy will avoid conflict as much as possible.
Stage: Find Mii
Music: Hoodoo Sorcerer

⦁ Team of brown Mega Men represents Hoodlums, main mooks of the Rayman 3, as their outfits are usually also browns and similiar to Mega Men, they also attack with projectiles.
⦁ Team Kirby, using the black skin, alongside with thier smaller size, represents Hoodlums in their larva state.
⦁ Mega-Men having super armor and them shielding often, references Hoodoo Sorcerers, type of enemies from Rayman 3, which were able to shield other Hoodlums as long as they weren't defeated by Rayman. Their battle theme also plays during this Spirit Battle.
⦁ After defeating Mega Man, small black Kirby will arrive, referencing how Hoodlums will return into their larva state after defeating. Battle conditions also reference how they're defendless in this form.
⦁ The Find Mii may reference the battlefield stage from the final battle of Rayman 3.

Spirit: Globox (Ace, Primary Spirit)
Opponent: :ultkingdedede: (Blue) , Tiny :ultkingdedede: Team (Blue) (10x)
Conditions:
  • The enemy starts the battle with a Lighting Bolt.
Music: Harmony

⦁ Blue King Dedede represents Globox - chubby, blue frog-like creature.
⦁ Smaller Blue King Dedede's represents Globox's children, who are esentially his mini-version and them appearing in team, references how many of them Globox has.
⦁ King Dedede being equipped with a Lighting Bolt references Globox's unique power in Rayman 2, where he could create a small cloud of storm in order to destroy various obsticles.
⦁ King Dedede's frequent jumping, may also reference Globox's gliding animation from Rayman Arena and Rayman 3, where he would turn into balloon.

Spirit: (Ly, Support Spirit)
Opponent: :ultzelda: (Purple) , Team :ultgnw: (3x) (Cyan)
Conditions:
  • The enemy favors in aerial attacks.
  • Magical attacks aren't as effective against the enemy.
Stage: Kongo Jungle
Music: The Precipice

⦁ Purple Zelda represents Ly, another female magic-user with a pointy ears. Purple Zelda's color scheme also references Ly's main design.
⦁ Battle conditions references Ly's agillity (as seen in Rayman 2 race mini-games) as well as her role as a powerful magical fairy.
⦁ Mr. Game and Watch's Team yet again represents Teensies, but here it also represents their role as main magical helpers of Rayman in second game, alongside Ly.
⦁ Kongo Jungle represents Ly's character as she's very often seen in forest/jungle-like areas and might also reference Ly being a fairy, as fairies are often encountered in forest areas in folklore.

Spirit: Admiral Razorbeard (Ace, Primary Spirit)
Opponent: :ultmegaman: (Red) (100 HP), :ultmegaman: (Green) (30 HP), :ultmegaman: (Yellow) (70 HP), :ultkrool: (Red) (30 HP), Giant Golden :ultrob: (100 HP)
Conditions:
  • Stamina battle.
  • The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch or to make flinch.
  • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd.
Stage: Norfair
Music: Vs. Admiral Razorbeard

⦁ Team Mega Man represents Robo-Pirates, the main mooks of Rayman 2. Mega Men's colors, reference Robo-Pirates colors from Rayman Revolution, where red Robo-Pirate had the highest HP, yellow one had second highest HP and Green had the lowest HP, demonstrated by their HP in this stamina battle.
⦁ After defeating Mega Men's, red King K. Rool will appear, representing Admiral Razorbeard, as they're both ruthless and cruel antagonists of their representetive series, while also sharing robotic and pirate themes (Admiral Razorbeard obviously having them as an Robo-Pirate, while King. Rool has a pirate persona from Donkey Kong Country 2 and mad scientist persona from Donkey Kong Country 3.
⦁ The last mook to defeat is an Giant Golden R.O.B, who references Grolgoth, robot operated by Admiral Razorbeard in final battle in Rayman 2.
⦁ The stage represents final battle of Rayman 2.

Spirit: Mr. Dark (Legendary, Primary Spirit)
Opponent: :ultmetaknight: (200 HP), Team Rayman (Dark Rayman) (3x) (45 HP)
Conditions:
  • The floor is lava.
  • Stamina battle.
  • The enemy favors in down specials.
Stage: Band Land (Battlefield form)
Music: Cloak of Darkness

⦁ Meta Knight represents Mr. Dark as both are masked characters with dark blue outfits and glowing golden eyes.
⦁ Dark Rayman Team references Rayman's dark counterparts created by Mr. Dark himself in the first Rayman game.
⦁ Floor being lava may reference Mr. Dark's fire attacks in the final battle of the game, as well as referencing Ms. Skops first phase of his boss battle.
⦁ Band Land being the stage, references Mr. Dark's debut game being the first Rayman, while also playing his boss theme from that game.
So here's all the characters. I'm very curious what do y'all think about it and if anyone has any criticism for me, I'll gladly hear it!

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
So while waiting patiently for this year's E3, decided to kill some time, while creating potential Spirit Battles for Rayman's Spirit Board.
I've already posted them in this thread, but I will post them here too, for people who are too lazy to click on the link:

So here's all the characters. I'm very curious what do y'all think about it and if anyone has any criticism for me, I'll gladly hear it!
Only suggestion here is making Byleth the character you fight for Barbara's spirit and having her only use dair and down special. Other than that, spot on!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Only suggestion here is making Byleth the character you fight for Barbara's spirit and having her only use dair and down special. Other than that, spot on!
I'm assuming they're going by "DLC characters that aren't the characters of the pack don't appear in Spirit battles" rules.

Which is unfortunate cause your idea is probably the ideal one if it wasn't for that restriction.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming they're going by "DLC characters that aren't the characters of the pack don't appear in Spirit battles" rules.

Which is unfortunate cause your idea is probably the ideal one if it wasn't for that restriction.
Huh. I legit hadn't even noticed that. That is a shame, the only other characters with an axe are the Belmonts and Villager, neither of which would work for various reasons. Indeed unfortunate.

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie
Yeah as ZoroCarlos said, I was going by that rule, which truly is unfortune as Byleth would have fit Barbara waaaay nicer than Lucina, but what can you do?
When creating my concept for Rayman's Classic Mode (which I can show if anyone is interested) I've also had that problem, as I wanted to include Banjo and Kazooie in it, but Kirby was also a great fit so I don't mind.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yeah as ZoroCarlos said, I was going by that rule, which truly is unfortune as Byleth would have fit Barbara waaaay nicer than Lucina, but what can you do?
When creating my concept for Rayman's Classic Mode (which I can show if anyone is interested) I've also had that problem, as I wanted to include Banjo and Kazooie in it, but Kirby was also a great fit so I don't mind.
When it comes to Rayman's classic mode I can never decided if I want Dracula with Mr.Dark music or Galleom with the Grolgoth music to be his final battle 🤔

(Though we know damn well it's just gonna be the hands)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
When it comes to Rayman's classic mode I can never decided if I want Dracula with Mr.Dark music or Galleom with the Grolgoth music to be his final battle 🤔

lol if the hands weren't overused I'd actually vouch for them to be Rayman's boss.

Floaty hands vs bigger floaty hands. Gotta show size doesn't matter. ;)

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie

My idea for Rayman's Classic Mode was something like this:

The name is going to be pretty generic - Dunking with Legends. It follows the similiar idea that some users here already gave - Rayman fights here with other big platforming icons, but I've decided to not only stop at that, but also reference Rayman's every mainline game with music, stage or battle conditions.

Opponents: Kirby Team (14x) (Tiny) (Black)
Music: Harmony

First Rayman's battle is against Kirby - the youngest platforming icon in this route, but still pretty recognizable and influental on the genre enough. Other than the stage and music obviously representing Band Land from first Rayman, battle conditions are also special enough as Kirby's in this horde battle are supposed to resemble Antitoons - enemies from that gamies, who are small, black and circular creatures, who's main attack is bitting, which is quite similiar to Kirby's inhaling.

Opponents: Green Mega Man, Red Mega Man, Brown Mega Man, Yellow Mega Man
Stage: Pirate Ship
Music: The Precipice

This fight is against another platforming icon - Mega Man or rather four Mega Men. Similiarly to my Spirit Battle idea, they resemble colors of Robo-Pirates from various versions of Rayman 2. While Mega Man are stand in for Robo-Pirates "Robo" part, the stage is stand in for their "Pirate" part.

Opponent: Sonic
Stage: Big Blue
Music: Rayman's Theme

While this may not seem obvious at first, this fight represents Rayman Arena as fast-paced and side-scrolling stage like a Big Blue, references racing mode from that game, only helping by Rayman's Theme playing. Our main opponent here is ever iconic Sonic The Hedgehog and only fitting that we fight him in battle that is supposed to represent a racing game.

Opponent: Pac-Man
Stage: Summit
Music: Snowboard Race

This battle references Rayman 3 and it's snowy level - Summit Beyond the Clouds with kick-ass Snowboard Race playing in the background. Our main opponent is another platforming and pop-culture icon - Pac-Man, although he's kinda of there as there's barely any theme with him as with previous fighters. If we want to really stretch it, we could argue that it represents snowy level from Pac-Man World 2, but let's just leave it at that.

Opponent: Donkey Kong
Stage: Kongo Falls
Music: Lum King

This battle references Rayman Origins first world - Jibberish Jungle being an obvious stand in for Kongo Falls as both are jungle-like areas with Rayman Origins probably most iconic theme playing - Lum King. We fight another big platforming mascot and one of oldest gaming characters in general - Donkey Kong and he fits the theme of this fight quite well, as we fight him... you know... on his home stage.

Opponents: Mario and Luigi
Stage: Castle Siege
Music: Main Theme - Rayman Legends
Extra: Blue King Dedede as helpful CPU

With this battle we fight with none other than Mr. Video Game himself - Super Mario! And he's not alone as he is joined by gaming's most iconic sidekick, his brother Luigi. Rayman is not alone though as he's joined by Blue King Dedede who similiarly to my Spirit Battle, is supposed to represents Globox, Rayman's best friend and iconic gaming sidekick in his own right. There goes kind of unecessary reference to some, but I still though it's pretty cool. The stage obviously references Rayman Legends, a game with heavy medieval letimotif and if any of you played Wii U/Switch ports of Rayman Legends, you probably remember that you could wear Mario and Luigi costumes for Rayman and Globox respectively. So not only Rayman and Globox are fighting with world's biggest platforming icon and it's as iconic sidekick, but also characters who's costumes you can wear in a game, that this specific battle is supposed to reference. Phew I hope it isn't too complicated.

Mandatory Bonus Stage

Boss: Bowser, who turns into Giga Bowser
Stage: Final Destination
Music: Cloak of Darkness

While I've seen some good ideas for boss battles, I've decided to stick with theming of fighting plaforming icons and the best way to end is to fight with the most popular platforming series main antagonist - Bowser. To still keep a theme of small Rayman references it obviously plays Mr. Dark's boss theme.

So that's it, what do y'all think about it?

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ids_2_is_happening/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Pretty credible leaker seems to have hinted at Mario + Rabbids 2 happening. Honestly, I believe it. First game was a MASSIVE hit, and in about 2 months it'll have been 4 years since it's release. Ubisoft isn't one to let a successful new game be a one-and-done thing and we know Ubi and Nintendo have been thick as thieves for the past number of years now. Obviously it'd be another guaranteed payday for both parties so Nintendo probably gave em the greenlight for a sequel asap. Now we just have to wonder if all those rumors of Rayman making a big comeback starting with a featured role in M+R 2/Smash were legit or just lucky guesses... Either way, we'll know in a week.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ids_2_is_happening/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Pretty credible leaker seems to have hinted at Mario + Rabbids 2 happening. Honestly, I believe it. First game was a MASSIVE hit, and in about 2 months it'll have been 4 years since it's release. Ubisoft isn't one to let a successful new game be a one-and-done thing and we know Ubi and Nintendo have been thick as thieves for the past number of years now. Obviously it'd be another guaranteed payday for both parties so Nintendo probably gave em the greenlight for a sequel asap. Now we just have to wonder if all those rumors of Rayman making a big comeback starting with a featured role in M+R 2/Smash were legit or just lucky guesses... Either way, we'll know in a week.
Ubisoft Forward should be a treat this time!

TheInvader!

Smash Rookie

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
First time I've ever posted here! Hello!
I just wanted to share that Rayman Together, a prominent Rayman page that has leaked several Rayman details in the past, has shared these 2 cryptic tweets.
Maybe something Smashing is on the horizon? It's cool to meet all of you!
https://twitter.com/RaymanTogether/status/1400223760926527496?s=20
Welcome to the board, Newcomer! Glad to have you! :)
I will say, I saw the tweet with Ray and friends napping and thought it was maaaybe hinting that they know something and aren't or can't tell us about it. Although I wasn't aware that they had leaked stuff before? I wouldn't be surprised either way if they did know something though. I remember when Activision was about to start it's marketing for Crash's last 2 releases, they got in touch with prominent people who talk about the Bandicoot a lot. Maybe Ubi is doing the same for Rayman and the RaymanTogether page is one they reached out to?

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the board, Newcomer! Glad to have you! :)
I will say, I saw the tweet with Ray and friends napping and thought it was maaaybe hinting that they know something and aren't or can't tell us about it. Although I wasn't aware that they had leaked stuff before? I wouldn't be surprised either way if they did know something though. I remember when Activision was about to start it's marketing for Crash's last 2 releases, they got in touch with prominent people who talk about the Bandicoot a lot. Maybe Ubi is doing the same for Rayman and the RaymanTogether page is one they reached out to?
a1ad01cd7c02ef43d540e7bc98982d12.jpg

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey, everyone. GaroMaster here. Just a longtime member from the Smash 4 days, but nowadays I just lurk.
I know I haven't posted recently, but I still hold fond memories of talking with you guys. Even after receiving both K. Rool and BK, I still am holding out a small sliver of hope for our boy.
As E3 approaches, let's hope for the best for Rayman, Smash or otherwise.
It seems like a lot is lining up for something to finally happen, which is exciting.
But If nothing happens, we know that feeling all too well to not let it bother us.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Imagine a perfect timeline where both Rayman and Crash are announced.
Ya know, it's kinda funny. This situation almost mirrors E3 2019 where the front-runners were Erdrick and Banjo. Both had a lot going for them, from file codename leaks, to insider backing, and it was tense af going into the Direct. Ended up getting both. I'm not saying it's a perfect match, but you could definitely make the argument that Rayman and Crash are kinda in the same boat as Erdrick and Banjo going into this year's E3.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Ya know, it's kinda funny. This situation almost mirrors E3 2019 where the front-runners were Erdrick and Banjo. Both had a lot going for them, from file codename leaks, to insider backing, and it was tense af going into the Direct. Ended up getting both. I'm not saying it's a perfect match, but you could definitely make the argument that Rayman and Crash are kinda in the same boat as Erdrick and Banjo going into this year's E3.
The Banjo and Erdrick debate pre-E3 surely gives me a lot of nostalgia. Though unlike with the aforementioned characters, Crash and Rayman are both western characters while Banjo and Hero was a combo of characters that appeal to western and eastern audiences. So I'm not totally sold on the idea of the last two characters being western-only, let alone the two being announced at E3.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
The Banjo and Erdrick debate pre-E3 surely gives me a lot of nostalgia. Though unlike with the aforementioned characters, Crash and Rayman are both western characters while Banjo and Hero was a combo of characters that appeal to western and eastern audiences. So I'm not totally sold on the idea of the last two characters being western-only, let alone the two being announced at E3.
I mean, I don't wanna sound TOO hopefully, but Ultimate has consistently been nothing but impossibilities/unexpectedness.
"The DLC is probably gonna suck if Nintendo picked it, just look at Piranha Plant." 1st character is Joker from Persona 5.
"Man there's no way Banjo is coming, Microsoft will never have a character in Smash, plus Edrick leaked." We got Hero AND Banjo.
"Wow, they're starting the 2nd Pass with Min Min of all characters? Guess we should lower our expectations." Minecraft Steve gets announced next.
"WOW, there's no way we're getting a character on that level again, Steve is the grand pick." One-Winged Angel starts playing.

My point is, never consider anything to be too out there or unlikely until it comes to pass lol.

Maupiszon

Smash Rookie
Yeah EternalFlameGuy is spittin' right there, I'm personally also not too optimistic to not only get two Western characters on E3, but esentially 3 in this pass as a whole. But if there's the last Smash fan rule that would be broken (if we assume that the second fighter pass is over and personally I hope so lmao) it would be two Western characters being the last in this rooster and ending era of Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Although despite loving Crash I'd personally prefer Doom Slayer or Eggman over him (I know Eggman's Japanese, but Sonic has way more appeal in the West than in the East) and if we end up not having Rayman in, which is probably the only thing that can dissapoint me, as long as we get new Rayman news, be it the animated short, new game, HD collection, anything I'm gonna be still happy.

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet

New trademark activity, lads. And just under a week before Ubisoft's E3 showcase on Saturday 👀
Again, keep in mind that this doesn't guarantee Smash, BUT it does mean that something is coming.

Last edited:

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Y'all remember when banjo had trademark activity before E3 2019? 👀
This is the ideal scenario here. Banjo's trademark updated one day before Nintendo's presentation that year, so I definitely think we should keep an eye on Rayman's for the next week. If the Ubisoft Forward passes and Rayman isn't in it, but the trademark still updates, then I think we should have relatively high expectations!

Eldrake

Smash Lord

New trademark activity, lads. And just under a week before Ubisoft's E3 showcase on Saturday 👀
Again, keep in mind that this doesn't guarantee Smash, BUT it does mean that something is coming.
Even if it has nothing to do with Smash, I am still excited something potentially interesting is happening with Rayman.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Y'all remember when banjo had trademark activity before E3 2019? 👀
Golden Sun trademark flashbacks man, can't get excited.

Even if it has nothing to do with Smash, I am still excited something potentially interesting is happening with Rayman.
Hopefully it's something major like a new console game, and not some rubbish spin-off.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Greetings, y'all! It's probably been a while since I posted here (mostly been lurking), but I've been checkin up on Twitter alot, & I gotta say, between the trademark renewals & those rumors about a new DK game, I got a really good feeling about this coming E3.

On another note, I was cooking up a moveset for Rayman the other day, & I wondered to myself what it'd be like if his energy orbs from R2 had a new electric effect as a small creative liberty.
...That is to say, if any of you could expand on Ray's move kit for either Smash or a new title, what abilities would you give him?
Would you give him some kind of elemental power, or something different?

Last edited:
Top Bottom