• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

RaymanicRM

Smash Rookie
According to Smash fans, the entirety of Japan will be devoured by an all-consuming black hole of riots if Nintendo ever consider putting in a character who's not big in Japan.
Yeah it's really stupid lmfao. I do genuinely think though they would actually like Rayman once they play him in Smash. I wouldn't doubt Ubisoft would take that hype and possibly release an HD trilogy of the Rayman games on Switch, and maybe his sales would boost in Japan!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
According to Smash fans, the entirety of Japan will be devoured by an all-consuming black hole of riots if Nintendo ever consider putting in a character who's not big in Japan.
The same people act like the casual consumers/buyers don't even exist and then get confused when a more recent property/game's character gets added.

At the end of the day, one can't control fate by shouting in a forum loudly enough.

(Also rayman games at least get released there still)
Yeah, Sak would have misgivings if he knowingly included a character whose game/series didn't or wasn't about to get released worldwide at some point (like with :ultlucas:). Luckily, Rayman doesn't have that issue.

Yeah it's really stupid lmfao. I do genuinely think though they would actually like Rayman once they play him in Smash. I wouldn't doubt Ubisoft would take that hype and possibly release an HD trilogy of the Rayman games on Switch, and maybe his sales would boost in Japan!
Sad part is, some will just move the goalpost and take their fright-fueled hate on someone else.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
If Rayman is added Japan's economy will literally COLLAPSE! Don't y'all westerners know anything!?

On a seperate note, can we talk about how the next spirit event focuses on characters who are or wear purple, yet Rayman is no where to be seen despite purple being his main color ?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I wouldn't think much of it. Geno wasn't featured in the blue spirit event and look what happened.
I heard some people saying that Rayman appears in the list of randomly appearing spirits during the events, but no one has seen this for themselves, so it's merely just words at the moment.

RaymanicRM

Smash Rookie
Ok scratch what I said. Pyra and Mythra both appeared in some spirit events in 2020 after the roster was finalized so either way this event wouldn't mean anything lol
Yeah lol I wouldn't give my hopes up for it, but yeah I'm surprised we've avoided everything for a while now.

Honestly, this is a stretch, but could Rayman and Porky be the final characters? I know Porky is missing with his Spirit and such, Rayman used to have 3 trophies representing his series but now only 1 spirit (himself) to. I think this is an actual possibility people could be sleeping on?

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
So something rather interesting has happened.

Despite the fact that Rayman's purple torso is such an iconic part of his character design, and the fact that the next upcoming spirit event is all about purple characters... Rayman does not make an appearence in the event at all... I'm not even kidding, he's not on the spirit list for event.

Could this mean that he's... coming as a playable character? I know that spirit events featuring returning spirits do not affect a characters chances because both Min Min and Pythra were involved in spirit events prior to their announcements as DLC fighters, but Rayman in this purple spirit event still seems like a really odd omission nonetheless.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Despite the fact that Rayman's purple torso is such an iconic part of his character design, and the fact that the next upcoming spirit event is all about purple characters... Rayman does not make an appearence in the event at all... I'm not even kidding, he's not on the spirit list for event.

Could this mean that he's... coming as a playable character? I know that spirit events featuring returning spirits do not affect a characters chances because both Min Min and Pythra were involved in spirit events prior to their announcements as DLC fighters, but Rayman in this purple spirit event still seems like a really odd omission nonetheless.

Oh look at that, a spirit event that both of my predictions for the last of the pass would fit in (Rayman and King Boo) and both are conspicuously missing. I doubt this means anything, but interesting nonetheless.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oh look at that, a spirit event that both of my predictions for the last of the pass would fit in (Rayman and King Boo) and both are conspicuously missing. I doubt this means anything, but interesting nonetheless.
Isn't King Boo a spirit that can be obtained by enhancing a Boo Spirit, That could explain why the King is missing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the subject of coincidences, Ubi just launched a Spring discount deal for their games on the e-shop, ending on the 31st..

As it happens, Rayman Legends Definitive Edition is one of those games.

Even if it did matter, Rayman and King Boo's base game spirits wouldn't be included in a DLC spirit board, much like Min Min and Pyra/Mythra's didn't show up in their series spirit boards.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
On the subject of coincidences, Ubi just launched a Spring discount deal for their games on the e-shop, ending on the 31st..

As it happens, Rayman Legends Definitive Edition is one of those games.

Even if it did matter, Rayman and King Boo's base game spirits wouldn't be included in a DLC spirit board, much like Min Min and Pyra/Mythra's didn't show up in their series spirit boards.
But Waluigi who is a base game spirit appears in this spirit board.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But Waluigi who is a base game spirit appears in this spirit board.
That's not what I mean, I said that Min Min and Pyra/Mythra's base game spirits did NOT show up on their respective DLC spirit boards after they became playable.

Ergo, even if Rayman not being in this latest spirit event meant something, his base game spirit wouldn't show up on his DLC spirit board since his fighter spirit would use different art anyway.

Besides, Waluigi missing out on things is a running gag anyway.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Gotta say, while we've ruled out that these events mean anything, it's still odd that Rayman was omitted from this spirit event, especially when less known characters like Shantae and whoever these 3 are showed up. Still could mean nothing but odd regardless
20210318_135312.jpg

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say, while we've ruled out that these events mean anything, it's still odd that Rayman was omitted from this spirit event, especially when less known characters like Shantae and whoever these 3 are showed up. Still could mean nothing but odd regardlessView attachment 307756
I’ll not give this anymore weight of believability but I’ll just give my quick thoughts about it.

Perhaps the reason behind Rayman being omitted from these Spirit Events (including this one) is [Possibly] Sakurai wants to introduce the Character Rayman (and his Series) as a DLC Pack, therefore he’s intentionally not acknowledging the Character and to Not show up in Spirit Events till the Next Smash Bros Ultimate Reveal

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Remind me, when did the spirit event with Pyra and Mythra happen again? If it was near the beginning of last year, then maybe it could be a timing thing. They'd know that Pyra/Mythra wasn't any of the next upcoming fighters so maybe they figured no harm in putting them in said spirit event despite a DLC pack being planned for them because it'd be far off in the future anyway.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I’ll not give this anymore weight of believability but I’ll just give my quick thoughts about it.

Perhaps the reason behind Rayman being omitted from these Spirit Events (including this one) is [Possibly] Sakurai wants to introduce the Character Rayman (and his Series) as a DLC Pack, therefore he’s intentionally not acknowledging the Character and to Not show up in Spirit Events till the Next Smash Bros Ultimate Reveal
Actually here’s a Little something to give this a Solid Standing, since the very beginning of the Spirit Events there’s not been one Rayman battle in it. Have a look https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_Spirit_Board_events

As you’ve seen All of Them, Rayman has not appeared in any of the Spirit (or Themed) Events, it is worth the investment but I’ll not give it anymore Credibility versus the Evidence we already have of the IP’s (and Parent Company) involvement with the DLC Content

RaymanicRM

Smash Rookie
Remind me, when did the spirit event with Pyra and Mythra happen again? If it was near the beginning of last year, then maybe it could be a timing thing. They'd know that Pyra/Mythra wasn't any of the next upcoming fighters so maybe they figured no harm in putting them in said spirit event despite a DLC pack being planned for them because it'd be far off in the future anyway.
Mid 2019, the title was "Super Smash Sisters"

Also, while I don't believe spirit event mean much obviously, Geno was in them before but he also wasn't in the blue spirit event. But Rayman hasn't shown up for any, lol and I don't think he will get a Mii costume unlike Geno.

So maybe it actually does mean something 🤔

Last edited:

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Alright peeps, in a more general sense, if Rayman is one of our last 2 characters, would you prefer him be to revealed next or last?

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Alright peeps, in a more general sense, if Rayman is one of our last 2 characters, would you prefer him be to revealed next or last?
I would prefer for him to be next, because I want him to be in the game so that I can be happy. But if he is the final character I will still be happy.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I would suspect that they would have an E3 Double Reveal with Rayman being revealed first as the 3rd (4th as Pyra & Mythra are individually a seperate fighter) and Final Spirit Upgraded as a Playable DLC Character with Ubisoft Officially apart of the Games Collaborative Lineup of Completed Content Supporters, as for the Final Fighter would go to Ryu Hayabusa with his Reveal Theme being a follow up with the Terry Bogard reveal of Looking back at the NES Era of Classic Hits leading to Ninja Gaiden X Super Smash Bros Ultimate thus Hayabusa becomes a Playable DLC Character and Koei-Tecmo Officially completed its Content Integration in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

So you get Both Companies Officially apart of the Game’s Content Collaborators officially acknowledged with their respective Playable Mascots and Completes The Missing Companies Content that Ubisoft and Tecmo are in the middle of. As traditional Rayman is the Western reveal and Hayabusa is the Japanese reveal

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've always thought that it was possible that the rumored Ryu Hayabusa negotiations was for FP3/Future Smash Bros.
Yeah, same. Most people don't want to believe that FP3 is a thing (regardless of the datamine) right now, but I guess I wouldn't overlook an official announcement at the period of E3 should that be the case.

As for the latter possibility for Hayabusa, it's certainly possible so long as the Master Collection sells well enough for a new sequel to be greenlighted.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Quick clarification this is NOT an NDA issue nor is it any Deconfirmation as this is just a Funny Rebuttal from Team Ninja, as there have been many instances of the Teases in the past by other creators that deflect the mentions of anything Smash Bros. As exampled:

Before :ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4: Revealed: Shinya Kumazaki (Game Supervisor for Super Smash Bros Ultimate) posted this on his Instagram page on February 3rd, 2019

Before:ultbanjokazooie: Revealed: Grant Kirkhope (Ubisoft employed and Banjo-Kazooie Pack Composer) tweeted a Response about Banjo in Smash

So the response was…

"We’re waiting for the invitation letter. [Laughs]" - Team Ninja

There is No Indication of any kind to suggest that this is a Problem for Ryu Hayabusa coming to Super Smash Bros Ultimate Volume 2 DLC

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, wanted to share another moveset idea:
I hope you plan on doing all his moves, your artwork is always great to see along with ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos concepts as well!

On the topic of Ryu, I definitely compare it to Grant Kirhopes comments and wouldn't take this as an NDA.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For me, "no comment" could also mean "costume", so it's not a guarantee that a character would get in as a fighter even if their series is indeed involved.

Not that this'll stop people from thinking Hayabusa won't be in via any form, but what can you do. I'm not about to stop them from having their silly preconceived notions. :drshrug:

Fighter's Pass 3? Am I missing something?
Nope, it's just speculation on my part.
Okay, thought some major news passed me right on by or something lol.
Just that and examination of a datamine, never mind it.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Well I switch Rayman on my list of the last two fighters. Sense Ryu Hayabusa is out of the race its a shame I really want him he's a real ninja compare to Greninja and Sheik. But unless I got a Katana wielder in smash Sephiroth he's awesome love him. Oh and Byleth was created by Koei its cool Byleth and Sephiroth there my mains I good.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
For me, "no comment" could also mean "costume", so it's not a guarantee that a character would get in as a fighter even if their series is indeed involved.

Not that this'll stop people from thinking Hayabusa won't be in via any form, but what can you do. I'm not about to stop them from having their silly preconceived notions. :drshrug:
I don’t believe that is looking to be the case as Nintendo’s business moto is always listening to they’re business collaborators and no doubt they would be looking to have Tecmo get more marketing exposure through Nintendo IP’s and it’s Biggest Crossover, along with the Tecmo Brand awareness globally (this also benefits Ubisoft greatly with both Companies having the Volume 1 DLC content of Mii Costumes & FE Music which helps both Volume 2 DLC), so because this is the Final batch of DLC and Nintendo “Picking the DLC” (ie Company Collaborations), a Mii Costume is more unlikely
happen.

Well I switch Rayman on my list of the last two fighters. Sense Ryu Hayabusa is out of the race its a shame I really want him he's a real ninja compare to Greninja and Sheik. But unless I got a Katana wielder in smash Sephiroth he's awesome love him. Oh and Byleth was created by Koei its cool Byleth and Sephiroth there my mains I good.
I wouldn’t take it seriously, it’s more a Fun rebuttal response than anything harmful to his chances

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
The optimist in me wants to believe it's for Rayman having a mechanic where projectiles can pass through the gaps where he lacks limbs, but honestly I wouldn't give this much attention. Besides Rayman has a ton of other stuff pointing to his inclusion at this point that it's pretty safe to say he's got a better chance than most.

Top Bottom