• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
As far as His Voice Recording it would be from Rayman 2 as that Voice Over is Perfectly Good for Rayman’s Star K.O., K.O., Attacks, Hits, etc.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PAwt7N8_OG4&feature=share
I have to admit this to my regret:
I'm sick of the overexploitation of Rayman's voice from Rayman 2.
Yes, it is the voice that we all recognize from him, but everyone uses it for his fangames (Crusade or Flash 2), and it is tiresome.

In my case, I would love to see Rayman's voice from Legends be used, which in turn includes audio clips from the French version of Rayman 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0fnNczuT0

Or they could even use more clips from that version of Rayman 3, they are very good clips:
https://youtu.be/B8GH--YXql0?t=102

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yes, it is the voice that we all recognize from him, but everyone uses it for his fangames (Crusade or Flash 2), and it is tiresome.

In my case, I would love to see Rayman's voice from Legends be used, which in turn includes audio clips from the French version of Rayman 3:

Or they could even use more clips from that version of Rayman 3, they are very good clips:
Oh wow that's the first time I've heard his french voice from Rayman 3, had no idea it was similar to Origins and Legends!

I'd be down for that voice!

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman

It honestly doesn’t matter as long as the Voice is a True Adaptation of Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate it’s a Win for Me.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

So you're telling me that Ubisoft is the most successful partner for the console and we're still only delegated to spirits and costumes in Smash? Hope we get that fixed. 👀

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

So you're telling me that Ubisoft is the most successful partner for the console and we're still only delegated to spirits and costumes in Smash? Hope we get that fixed. 👀
Legends sold decently on Switch it seems as well

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman

Hopefully if everything goes according to plan, It won’t be long

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
It's been a little quiet in this thread so guess I'll spark some discussion:

What was y'all's reaction to the Artsy Omni leak back when it happened, before you knew it was fake?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

What was y'all's reaction to the Artsy Omni leak back when it happened, before you knew it was fake?
I figured it made sense, especially after how much promotion Rayman Legends got on the Wii U (before it was pushed back to make it a multi-platform release). I guess I was a little naive at the time - I didn't expect that people were willing to make a video of a fake character selection screen that meshed seemlessly with the real one (along with including renders and whatnot that resembled the official material) just to mess with people.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
I figured it made sense, especially after how much promotion Rayman Legends got on the Wii U (before it was pushed back to make it a multi-platform release). I guess I was a little naive at the time - I didn't expect that people were willing to make a video of a fake character selection screen that meshed seemlessly with the real one (along with including renders and whatnot that resembled the official material) just to mess with people.
See that Rayman leak was the one that made all future Smash leaks after that need to have the same amount if not more to make most people take it seriously.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000

I discovered it hours before it was confirmed as false (I'm from Spain, so I discovered the "leak" on Sunday)

And my goodness, the hype and joy invaded my body, until, when it was confirmed as false, I became very depressed, I did not feel like doing anything.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I remember thinking Rayman made so much sense. An iconic 3rd party that already had a trophy in game (a 3rd party being only a trophy was unheard of at the time). With the leak looking very convincing, my hype was through the roof, it's like a wrong had been righted. Then the morning game :(

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Of course, after the salt settled, Artsy's little sham ended up being a positive move for Rayman. Got a lot of new fans on board who bought it, and conveniently right on time for the smash ballot announcement just two months later. The leak still gets brought up nowadays since it's the leak that promoted the most skepticism in the community... until the Grinch stole Christmas.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Of course, after the salt settled, Artsy's little sham ended up being a positive move for Rayman. Got a lot of new fans on board who bought it, and conveniently right on time for the smash ballot announcement just two months later. The leak still gets brought up nowadays since it's the leak that promoted the most skepticism in the community... until the Grinch stole Christmas.
Yeah, that Grinch leak was something

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It is still not known who made the Grinch Leak, right?
Naw. Too bad too, cause I really wanted to hear the story behind the hoax. Too many things that conveniently lined up for them. I gotta know if it was all a coincidence or this person is an evil mastermind playing 4D chess with us, predicting every move.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
We're confirmed to be getting a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, plus Smash news... Hopefully it's finally his time!

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet
Not expecting Rayman tonight, but if he gets revealed I'll be head bopping to Riding the Marshes from Rayman 2 like there's no tomorrow, then jumping into the nearest time machine to tell my 9-year old self that his two most wanted characters, K. Rool and Rayman, are finally in Smash...

Living in the Brawl days, he probably wouldn't believe me anyway.
Wishing y'all luck for tomorrow. This post I made a few hours before the previous reveal definitely remains true.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Best of luck to us today. While my pessimism is taking over today and I don’t have hope in any of my most wanteds I did want to come in here and celebrate this 50-Minute Direct with you guys. Of course, even if Rayman isn’t in this time it doesn’t mean he’s out of the running. Let’s just stay optimistic and keep an open mind about who it could be. Good luck, my friends.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Best of luck to us today. While my pessimism is taking over today and I don’t have hope in any of my most wanteds I did want to come in here and celebrate this 50-Minute Direct with you guys. Of course, even if Rayman isn’t in this time it doesn’t mean he’s out of the running. Let’s just stay optimistic and keep an open mind about who it could be. Good luck, my friends.
Facts man, Rayman will always have a good shot at making it in and it's not over until it's over!

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's a total anything goes scenario today, so good luck

This will be an interesting Direct today for certain

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Arle from PuyoPuyo or Rayman are my two biggest calls rn. I think Hayabusa is likely too but I'm not sure about him being the one coming in an hour. Lesser predictions: Monster Hunter, or a Namco character.

Edit: NEVER MIND THIS IS COOL AS **** TOO AAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Well, the Direct is over...

Funny thing:
Since Ultimate was announced, I wanted to see Rex or Pyra as Characters to get representation from Xenoblade 2.
And the truth is, I am not disappointed.

Also, the "rule" of the Spirits as DLC is broken again.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life

Funny thing:
Since Ultimate was announced, I wanted to see Rex or Pyra as Characters to get representation from Xenoblade 2.

My reaction to the Smash Reveal:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Funny thing:

Spirits btfo twice. Third time's the charm!

Also, while not a factor to Rayman's odds, the rule that the main character for a game has to be added first, after people said Min Min was an exception.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
It really should have been Rayman bro. When is our boy going to have his time? i'm getting impatient.

Top Bottom